• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc vs Carlisle

Started by RiverEagle079, September 16, 2016, 11:26:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A Poll because Merica!!!!

DA by 21+
17 (43.6%)
DA by 14
6 (15.4%)
DA by 7
2 (5.1%)
Carlisle pulls off the Upset
7 (17.9%)
That guy frm Clarendon need 2 b taught proper engulish textun!!!   HAHAHA:)
11 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Ventman

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on September 20, 2016, 12:55:40 pm
So they say😗

Some folks would tell ya that the CWD has been in NWA since they brought the elk come in....It was just kinda like the Mountain Lions, the AGFC denied it until they were forced to own up to it being here....

hornetfan8

Quote from: Ventman on September 20, 2016, 09:19:17 pm
That's Hazen vs Csrlisle
I know so how is this the Battle of US 70?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfan8 on September 20, 2016, 09:15:49 pm
Am I missing something or has this always been the hwy 70 showdown?

Lol,  nothing to do with hwy 70.

HorseFeathers

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 20, 2016, 09:48:25 pm
The Hiways 13 & 38 Triangle Battle?

Maybe the hwy 70 or i-40 to hwy 11 battle.

green-eagle

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 17, 2016, 10:18:42 pm
Come on man, nothing floats "up" a river.  ;D

I don't know about that...there was some hot Sundays afternoon that I believe I floated up that river.......

RiverEagle079

Quote from: Ventman on September 20, 2016, 12:55:40 pm
So they say😗
Even if it was CWD is not harmful to humans it can however kill off a herd of deer quick

Ventman

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 21, 2016, 04:14:35 pm
Even if it was CWD is not harmful to humans it can however kill off a herd of deer quick
I just wish it would cool off so I could get in a tree! I'm ready to fling some arrows!

RiverEagle079

ill be in one Saturday morning regardless of the 90 degree weather rain Arkansas war birds ill be their

HorseFeathers

Those hairy cows are going to upset Des Arc's apple cart this Friday....

Ventman

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 21, 2016, 04:41:35 pm
ill be in one Saturday morning regardless of the 90 degree weather rain Arkansas war birds ill be their
River I used to be like that but I got smart in my old age😂! I'm just kidding good luck but I just have to wait for a cold front before I go.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 21, 2016, 05:01:23 pm

If we put the ball on the grass like we have been, that's very possible.

RiverEagle079

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 21, 2016, 05:01:23 pm
Woah! no need for animosity

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 21, 2016, 08:16:13 pm
Woah! no need for animosity

Somebody's gotta try to get this board stirred up....It's to friendly on here since the Hampton kids started winning lol

bigworm

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 21, 2016, 08:17:28 pm
Somebody's gotta try to get this board stirred up....It's to friendly on here since the Hampton kids started winning lol

I agree.

RiverEagle079

Lions84

This game always for the most part be a battle royal I expect no less this week.

Ventman

I just hope those Bison keep it close, we know DA is going to be fired up for their homecoming.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on September 22, 2016, 01:53:32 pm
I just hope those Bison keep it close, we know DA is going to be fired up for their homecoming.

I just hope we can have a clean game.

RiverEagle079

I know they have been working on ball control all week

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 22, 2016, 04:22:59 pm
I know they have been working on ball control all week

As in actually holding onto the ball? Or just completely scrapping the forward pass?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 22, 2016, 06:37:06 pm
As in actually holding onto the ball? Or just completely scrapping the forward pass?

Naw, we still have the double reverse flea flicker HB jump pass

RiverEagle079

or also known as the annexation of Puerto Rico

Sonofasonofasailor

How did the jr. high game go tonight?

Ventman

RiverEagle079

HoopKing

Well if it's close tonight then I give the advantage to Widener on game management.....Uhiren had no clue last night.

Ventman

Quote from: HoopKing on September 23, 2016, 06:34:53 am
Well if it's close tonight then I give the advantage to Widener on game management.....Uhiren had no clue last night.
😂

HoopKing

Why the heck did Carlisle hire this joker?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HoopKing on September 23, 2016, 08:31:54 am
Why the heck did Carlisle hire this joker?

Are you saying the honeymoon is over already? 🤔

HoopKing

You are right!!  We should have hired Widener when we could have

Old Scrapper

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HoopKing on September 23, 2016, 08:45:33 am
You are right!!  We should have hired Widener when we could have

Nothing personal,  but I'm sure glad yall didnt. We are happy to have him.

HoopKing

We won't make the playoffs with this guy.  He took power away from Roberson and took a team looking to be a jr high conference champion into a 3-4th place team

Pick_DA_EAGLES

September 23, 2016, 09:59:14 am #85 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:08:59 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: HoopKing on September 23, 2016, 09:56:13 am
We won't make the playoffs with this guy.  He took power away from Roberson and took a team looking to be a jr high conference champion into a 3-4th place team

I wasn't at the game last night, so I'm not sure what went on, but it's not like y'all lost to marvell. We are a pretty good team.

HoopKing

Oh you are a good team that's way better coached, but we had the game won.  We then had a chance to win at the end and he doesn't even know it's 4th down with the game on the line.  Des arc plays good football amd made the plays to win. I just think he puts our kids in bad situations. His best playmakers barely even touch the ball.

Ventman

Quote from: HoopKing on September 23, 2016, 10:08:00 am
Oh you are a good team that's way better coached, but we had the game won.  We then had a chance to win at the end and he doesn't even know it's 4th down with the game on the line.  Des arc plays good football amd made the plays to win. I just think he puts our kids in bad situations. His best playmakers barely even touch the ball.
#44 needs to carry the rock way more! He was mowing kids over when they did give him the ball.

Lions84

BisonFan1

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like HoopKing has had it out for Uhiren ever since he came to Carlisle.  If you have so many problems with the man, I'm sure he would be more than happy to hear your opinions on how things should be run. 

As far as the game last night, I've been to the junior high games and it doesn't appear to me that Coach Roberson is handcuffed in any way.  He probably has to run the same offense, plays and formations as the senior high, but that is how it is everywhere.  I doubt very much that the head senior high coach is worried about calling plays and going over the head of his junior high coaches.     

HoopKing

I have been there at every game and Uhiren calls all the offensive plays. He calls the timeouts. He lets Roberson call the defense and take butt chewings for the crappy play calling.  Next time you are there watch who the quarterback runs over and gets the play from Everytime. He is the one who decided to keep starters in last week on offense against Augusta up 50-0.  I think his hire was completely political.

coachzo

My hometown is Des Arc/Hickory Plains so I'm actually going down for this one. I also have family playing on both sides but Des Arc should win this pretty easily.

Lions84

The Battle of US 70 is always a great game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

September 23, 2016, 03:03:41 pm #93 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:05:38 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Lions84 on September 23, 2016, 02:55:33 pm
The Battle of US 70 is always a great game.

For the 2nd time, It's not the battle of hwy 70, des arc isn't on hwy 70

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: BisonFan1 on September 23, 2016, 01:45:32 pm
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like HoopKing has had it out for Uhiren ever since he came to Carlisle.  If you have so many problems with the man, I'm sure he would be more than happy to hear your opinions on how things should be run. 

As far as the game last night, I've been to the junior high games and it doesn't appear to me that Coach Roberson is handcuffed in any way.  He probably has to run the same offense, plays and formations as the senior high, but that is how it is everywhere.  I doubt very much that the head senior high coach is worried about calling plays and going over the head of his junior high coaches.

Its not just you.  Not sure why he's upset but its obviously there.

BisonFan1

Quote from: HoopKing on September 23, 2016, 02:10:46 pm
I have been there at every game and Uhiren calls all the offensive plays. He calls the timeouts. He lets Roberson call the defense and take butt chewings for the crappy play calling.  Next time you are there watch who the quarterback runs over and gets the play from Everytime. He is the one who decided to keep starters in last week on offense against Augusta up 50-0.  I think his hire was completely political.

I haven't noticed that but will look for it at the next game.  Thus far, I have been pleased with the changes I have seen.  Carlisle, supposedly, wanted someone who was going to be tough, disciplined and hold the players accountable.  That's what we have seen so far.  It's rubbed some people the wrong way, but that's what has been missing the past several years.  In all fairness, he has only been on the job half a year, so I think it is somewhat unfair to already be calling for his job.  Give him time to get things established and see how it goes.  Other than the Augusta game, I think the team has done quite well considering the low number of players, injuries, first year in the system, etc.

Big Dave

I have one playing Jr and Sr High and neither one of them have a problem with coach U. He is a hard rear and there are some that have a problem with it. I have only heard of a few people with gripes about him, so far. People have wanted a coach with discipline and now we have one.
As for last night, the main problem was we didn't possess the ball at all in the 3rd quarter. That bullet kick killed them. And a dropped pass for a TD. There were other plays that we botched. But I am proud of all those Carlisle boys. There is still alot of season to go.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Big Dave on September 23, 2016, 04:12:06 pm
I have one playing Jr and Sr High and neither one of them have a problem with coach U. He is a hard rear and there are some that have a problem with it. I have only heard of a few people with gripes about him, so far. People have wanted a coach with discipline and now we have one.
As for last night, the main problem was we didn't possess the ball at all in the 3rd quarter. That bullet kick killed them. And a dropped pass for a TD. There were other plays that we botched. But I am proud of all those Carlisle boys. There is still alot of season to go.

Des arc is good at holding the ball for extended periods of time, when we played mccrory,  mccrory had the ball for less than 2 minutes in the 2nd half.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Big Dave on September 23, 2016, 04:12:06 pm

Same here.  Everything I have heard has been positive regarding Uhiren (except some comments I have seen on here).  All we heard the last few years was that we wanted a hard-nosed individual who was going to bring toughness and discipline back to the Bison.  We got what we asked for.  He, in my opinion, is a lot like Coach Clayton.  If he can come anywhere close to replicating the same type of success, I will be more than thrilled. 

Big Dave

I wasn't around for the Clayton times but I have heard plenty about him. I am loving the discipline... We have lacked it for sure, the last few years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas