• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc vs Carlisle

Started by RiverEagle079, September 16, 2016, 11:26:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A Poll because Merica!!!!

DA by 21+
17 (43.6%)
DA by 14
6 (15.4%)
DA by 7
2 (5.1%)
Carlisle pulls off the Upset
7 (17.9%)
That guy frm Clarendon need 2 b taught proper engulish textun!!!   HAHAHA:)
11 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

hornetfever

Good players make Coaches look good and lesser talented one make them look bad. Hazen may be 0-4 after tonight but we wont be down long. Lots of young talent on the way. Carlisle just in a down cycle of talent since those stud RB's graduated. They had a long run of talent for 7 or 8 years. Hazen had a ton of talent as well. Just the way it goes. We should only be down this year. May take Carlisle a while to get back to top 5 team in 2A again.

HoopKing

Clayton had success but he didn't like other programs having success besides football. He treated kids who didnt play football like crap. I hope I am wrong but they need 4 wins to make playoffs and the only gimme is Marvell. The last guy who didn't make the playoffs got ran out of town. 

Old Scrapper

Sometimes as a fan you just have to take the blinders off and realize you have an average Football team, not the worst or the best in conference. Trust me it would be nice to be average this year.

BisonFan1

Quote from: hornetfever on September 23, 2016, 04:45:17 pm
Good players make Coaches look good and lesser talented one make them look bad. Hazen may be 0-4 after tonight but we wont be down long. Lots of young talent on the way. Carlisle just in a down cycle of talent since those stud RB's graduated. They had a long run of talent for 7 or 8 years. Hazen had a ton of talent as well. Just the way it goes. We should only be down this year. May take Carlisle a while to get back to top 5 team in 2A again.

Bingo.  At schools the size of Carlisle and Hazen, talent is going to fluctuate simply because the number of players walking the halls are so limited.  Carlisle is going through somewhat of a dry spell.  I think this junior high group (even though they have a couple of close losses) has the potential to be really good IF they all stick together and work hard even on into high school.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des arc 32

Carlisle 28.

Oh my what a game!

Great game carlisle

Old Scrapper

Congrats to Carlisle for making it a game DA for pulling it out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 23, 2016, 09:38:02 pm
Congrats to Carlisle for making it a game DA for pulling it out.

I thought they had us beat. Both teams played with lots of heart

mr.gametime

Looks like the show down will be when Des Arc and P.W play.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on September 23, 2016, 09:59:44 pm

Glad we get them at home.

Hornet4ever

This game was a lot closer then I thought it would be.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 23, 2016, 10:15:21 pm
This game was a lot closer then I thought it would be.

I expected a close game the whole time. Was wondering why they were our homecoming opponent.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 23, 2016, 10:16:52 pm
I expected a close game the whole time. Was wondering why they were our homecoming opponent.

Carlisle played you guys close last year too.. Sounds like a good game each year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 23, 2016, 10:18:16 pm
Carlisle played you guys close last year too.. Sounds like a good game each year.

Oh it is, same with hazen. Carlisle is better than their record though.

Ventman

That was a heck of a highschool game, ashame someone had to lose. Congrats DA and keep your heads up Bison!

Ventman

Quote from: mr.gametime on September 23, 2016, 09:59:44 pm
I told my wife on the way home, PW is gonna make a run at the 6-2A title.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on September 23, 2016, 10:27:56 pm
I told my wife on the way home, PW is gonna make a run at the 6-2A title.

Impressive, PW has made some gains since last season.

big E

Same kids different general.

Jag-Class07

PW hasn't really played anyone yet.

big E

Yeah we probably don't belong on the same field with McCrory.

Jag-Class07

there you go turning words around . But who have they played so far that's worth mentioning them as a contender for the 6. Ill admit even though anything can happen DA pretty much has the 6 taken this year .

Bearden_Bear72

I bet this was a great game to watch.  Good job eagle!!

mr.gametime

Quote from: Jag-Class07 on September 23, 2016, 10:33:54 pm
PW hasn't really played anyone yet.

Ok P.W hasn't played anyone...but they just beat Augusta who beat Carlisle...who just gave des arc a close game...the same des arc team that blew mccrory out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on September 23, 2016, 10:20:54 pm
That was a heck of a highschool game, ashame someone had to lose. Congrats DA and keep your heads up Bison!

Yes it was a dandy. I agree on the shame someone had to lose ago well.

big E

Old Scrapper

Some of these guys, That is the favorite thing to say "they really haven't played anyone"  guess he is just beating his chest after beating Hazen which will probably go winless this season.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

We got to worry about Augusta before we worry about P-W.

Ventman

PW is gonna be a real problem for all the teams in the 6. The are probably the best team in the conference this year.

big E

That running back is a bull .

Pick_DA_EAGLES

big E

Quote from: Ventman on September 23, 2016, 11:15:13 pm
PW is gonna be a real problem for all the teams in the 6. The are probably the best team in the conference this year.
Time out eggs before chickens. We ate just happy to be here.

big E

Ok give me a bit my phone is blowing up.

Trojanbird

Is it true that Des Arc has 9th grader starting? I think at center?  N

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Trojanbird on September 23, 2016, 11:34:00 pm

9th graders? At center?  No, not true. Maybe a few 10 graders playing on the line and a 10th grader played qb tonight and lead the game winning drive.

Jag-Class07

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 23, 2016, 10:52:34 pm
Some of these guys, That is the favorite thing to say "they really haven't played anyone"  guess he is just beating his chest after beating Hazen which will probably go winless this season.

Why would I beat my chest over a team that is rebuilding that beat a team that is down ?????? Now if I was on here saying o Mccrory is gonna win state again McCrory is going to do this or that I could understand your point. But I have mentioned in several post since week 2 that the 6 as whole is down this year.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Trojanbird on September 23, 2016, 11:34:00 pm

Augusta has a 9th grader starting both ways ...on the offensive and defensive line

big E

Quote from: mr.gametime on September 24, 2016, 05:13:17 am
Augusta has a 9th grader starting both ways ...on the offensive and defensive line
And a bull a running back.

Sonofasonofasailor

Anyone got stats or a boxscore from this one?  The Demozette mentioned some DA rushing numbers but not much else.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 24, 2016, 10:14:03 am
Anyone got stats or a boxscore from this one?  The Demozette mentioned some DA rushing numbers but not much else.

I haven't even seen those. Where did you see them? I got the paper and didn't see  any

BisonFan1

Wasn't able to make the game, but it looks like I missed a good one.  Sounds like the Bison were 15 seconds away from pulling this one out.  I was glad to see they were able to rebound and play as well as they did, especially after the letdown at Augusta last week.  I know our record is 1-3, but these guys are still a solid, well-coached team.  It seems like the 6-2A is more open this year than years prior so who knows how this all will shake out.  Having Marvell next week should give us a nice boost heading into the second half of the season.   

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 24, 2016, 10:24:54 am
I haven't even seen those. Where did you see them? I got the paper and didn't see  any

Small recap on page 9C.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 24, 2016, 11:29:36 am
Small recap on page 9C.

I guess different editions have different articles,  because it's sure not in my paper. Lol

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 24, 2016, 11:35:14 am
I guess different editions have different articles,  because it's sure not in my paper. Lol

Here ya' go.  Not much to it.

6-2A

DES ARC 32, CARLISLE 28

DES ARC -- Des Arc (3-1, 3-0 6-2A) scored two touchdowns and held Carlisle (1-3, 0-2) scoreless in the fourth quarter to overcome an eight-point deficit.

Ontario Conway had 17 carries for 97 yards and 2 touchdowns, along with 14 tackles, for the Eagles. Dillon Conway ran for 70 yards and a second-quarter score for Des Arc.

Isaiah Williams had 16 tackles for the Eagles.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 24, 2016, 11:53:47 am

6-2A

DES ARC 32, CARLISLE 28

DES ARC -- Des Arc (3-1, 3-0 6-2A) scored two touchdowns and held Carlisle (1-3, 0-2) scoreless in the fourth quarter to overcome an eight-point deficit.

Ontario Conway had 17 carries for 97 yards and 2 touchdowns, along with 14 tackles, for the Eagles. Dillon Conway ran for 70 yards and a second-quarter score for Des Arc.

Thanks! I did find it online.

RiverEagle079

I feel Carlisle played their tails off.  That #22 will do good things for yall, he reminds me of a back a couple years back Carlisle had. What grade is he in?  Heck of a game to watch worth taking off work to come see.

BisonFan1

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 24, 2016, 05:00:52 pm
I feel Carlisle played their tails off.  That #22 will do good things for yall, he reminds me of a back a couple years back Carlisle had. What grade is he in?  Heck of a game to watch worth taking off work to come see.

Unfortunately, he is a senior.  Wish he wasn't...he's a hoss, especially in this offense.

RiverEagle079

dang one more year and I think that kid could be D1 potential

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 24, 2016, 11:53:47 am

6-2A

DES ARC 32, CARLISLE 28

A few more from the Carlisle side.

Golleher, playing in his first game since suffering a concussion against Lonoke in Week 1, rushed for 128 yards on 22 carries. Kendrick had 69 yards on 17 carries.

BisonFan1

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 24, 2016, 05:47:57 pm
dang one more year and I think that kid could be D1 potential

Yep.  Golleher (#9) isn't too shabby either.  He's also a senior, though. 

Big Dave

#2 for Carlisle is a 9th grader that was just moved up. A TD run, a blocked punt and a few tackles including a couple in the backfield... Not too shabby

Ventman

Quote from: Ventman on September 23, 2016, 11:15:13 pm
Pw will win the 6!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas