• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon Vs PW

Started by Lions84, September 10, 2016, 08:10:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this match up down on the River

LIONS
21 (72.4%)
PATS
4 (13.8%)
Zebras
0 (0%)
Cheerleaders.
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: September 16, 2016, 08:10:16 am

Lions84

This new staff building upon the Foundation laid by our last Staff.

First win over Hazen in over a decade. Fight Lions and keep on winning.

Ventman

This should be a good game. Gonna go with those Red Lions in this one.

MomaLion

big E

September 10, 2016, 10:45:56 am #3 Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:48:18 am by big E
That's hilarious bet you a steak dinner. The PW defence is better than what you think .

big E

And Sartin is not there to get in the way.

purpleswag

Quote from: Lions84 on September 10, 2016, 08:10:16 am
This new staff building upon the Foundation laid by our last Staff.

First win over Hazen in over a decade. Fight Lions and keep on winning.

It's been less than a decade since you beat hazen. I swear for "super fan" you don't know much about the team

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: purpleswag on September 10, 2016, 12:28:52 pm
It's been less than a decade since you beat hazen. I swear for "super fan" you don't know much about the team

I think he just posts to get his post count up. Lol.

jbtiger73

Momma, that PW defense is very stout and disciplined. Wouldn't count my chickens yet momma.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 10, 2016, 10:45:56 am
That's hilarious bet you a steak dinner. The PW defence is better than what you think .
And we are not what you expect either  ;D

MomaLion

Not counting chickens, just my opinion.

jbtiger73

Well pretty sure it's gonna be a great game. That's if the zebras dont control the outcome

jbtiger73

Where is the game, by the way

mtindian42

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 10, 2016, 01:54:30 pm
Momma, that PW defense is very stout and disciplined. Wouldn't count my chickens yet momma.
yeah but have they seen a guy as fast as cross yet?

big E

A field full of them from Brinkley. And Dawson is as fast as anyone in the conference .

MomaLion

The game is in Clarendon and Cross is on a whole other level. Add to that the sheer will and drive of Parker plus numerous other playmakers. It'll be a fun game.

Coach95

If Clarendon would clean up some discipline and attitude issues they will go far, but if not they will melt down the longer they play.

MomaLion

I can't really blame them for having attitudes when the flags were only flying one way. I saw a Hazen player shove a Clarendon player after the play was over in front of the ref and he didn't call a thing. Not to mention all the horse collars that got missed. Worst called game I've seen in years.

Old Scrapper

Hazen had to play defense way to much after turning the ball over 5 times and still had a chance to win in the end, yea I watched numerous horse collar tackles by Clarendon that didn't get called. Glad someone else noticed Mother.

MomaLion

Lol funny..and somehow the person running the clock kept forgetting how it worked lol. Entire plays and the clock never started...convenient.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: MomaLion on September 11, 2016, 01:50:46 pm
Lol funny..and somehow the person running the clock kept forgetting how it worked lol. Entire plays and the clock never started...convenient.
so not true! We only try to cheat DA & Carlisle.

Ventman

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 11, 2016, 05:48:43 pm
😂😂😂that awesome

Pick_DA_EAGLES

That is mutual.  ;D

Old Scrapper

MomaLion

Then your person running the clock needs to be educated lol.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: MomaLion on September 12, 2016, 12:35:33 am
well he may have been practicing up for the Bison and Eagles. you know practice makes perfect.

Lions84

Quote from: purpleswag on September 10, 2016, 12:28:52 pm

I and I swear you like to point out everyones errors I had forgotten and did not check but we upset the Swarm in 2010 which was only 6 years ago Still we won 2 out of the last 14 meetings. 

MomaLion

Lions84

I expect those ole Lions to maul the Pats this week in another good game.

big E

Play calling for PW will be completely different I suspect. Kinda makes it hard to prepare for it when you don't know who's calling plays.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 12, 2016, 02:19:54 pm
Play calling for PW will be completely different I suspect. Kinda makes it hard to prepare for it when you don't know who's calling plays.
I'm sure Coach Meek and team will be ready.

Hornet4ever

I'll go with Clarendon this week. I know PW had some athletes last season, but Clarendon seems to be on a hot streak.

MomaLion

I don't know about a hot streak but they are definitely improved and motivated.  We came out very flat against Hazen last week but rallied when it counted.  We were a much better team against Marked Tree until lack of depth played a toll...that and Marked Tree rallied after half.  I think we have a little advantage in that most teams will overlook us because of our history...they won't believe the improvement until they see it.
GO LIONS!!!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: MomaLion on September 13, 2016, 02:28:13 am
I don't know about a hot streak but they are definitely improved and motivated.  We came out very flat against Hazen last week but rallied when it counted.  We were a much better team against Marked Tree until lack of depth played a toll...that and Marked Tree rallied after half.  I think we have a little advantage in that most teams will overlook us because of our history...they won't believe the improvement until they see it.
GO LIONS!!!

Well, after struggling in recent past. An impressive showing in a near miss against Marked Tree and a win over Hazen is a step in the right direction. Sometimes baby steps are needed to turn something around. A hot streak can be meant in a minor form too.... Clarendon is on a hot streak and the kids are fired up.

jbtiger73

Momma.  #4 from Brinkley is waaaay faster than cross is. Its just cross, honestly, is more elusive. But pw defense is definitely legit. Clarendon cant get off to a slow start like they did against hazen. But then again, pw can't squander opportunities like they did against us. Sartin gone from the sidelines had definitely rejuvenated the pw program and fanbase. Definitely wish I could make it to that one. 

MomaLion

Have you seem Cross this year? He even shocked me at how much he's improved. I'm looking forward to Friday.

big E

Starting qb back and Dawson not having to sit a half will make a big difference for PW. Clarendon will score some points but if PW is able to ground and pound and eat up clock it will make a huge difference Clarendon can't score if they don't have the ball.

Old Scrapper

if Clarendon doesn't score a bunch and have to play a close game they will take themselves out of the game with the poor attitudes of just a few players. Clarendon does have talent but lacks discipline and cannot control the emotions of a couple of players. #55 will not make the whole game without getting tossed if PW can put the heat on him and make him compete every snap.
Before you jump on me Momma I did pick yall to win.

Lions84

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 13, 2016, 01:02:30 pm
if Clarendon doesn't score a bunch and have to play a close game they will take themselves out of the game with the poor attitudes of just a few players. Clarendon does have talent but lacks discipline and cannot control the emotions of a couple of players. #55 will not make the whole game without getting tossed if PW can put the heat on him and make him compete every snap.

Your post smells like Sour Grapes cause your boys lost to us in your house.  This Staff is getting us pointed in the right direction and I expect them to have better attitudes with each passing week.

big E

I'm confused you had a 20 to 6 lead on them at one point in the,first half if anybody come out flat it was them. Looks like a trend to me start lije gang busters then hope to hold on just my observation.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Lions84 on September 13, 2016, 02:13:17 pm
Your post smells like Sour Grapes cause your boys lost to us in your house.  This Staff is getting us pointed in the right direction and I expect them to have better attitudes with each passing week.
No sour grapes here, just the truth.
If you don't see how a couple of your players have attitude problems as a game goes on, well Sir you just may the problem in your community with the way the boys are acting. Lead by example, not by making excuses for the their action. 

mtindian42

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 13, 2016, 03:13:30 pm
If you don't see how a couple of your players have attitude problems as a game goes on, well Sir you just may the problem in your community with the way the boys are acting. Lead by example, not by making excuses for the their action.
did hazen players do no wrong?

Old Scrapper

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 13, 2016, 03:22:43 pm
did hazen players do no wrong?
yea we fumbled, false starts, offsides, but not one PF penalty! When Hazen came back and took the lead the PF penalties were flying on Clarendon, hey I'm not a Homer that thinks everybody has bad kids but us. I'm not a Hazen Alumni or do I have kids in school anymore, I just call it like I see it. I'm sure Clarendon fans saw right the opposite and that's ok.

Coach95

Quote from: MomaLion on September 12, 2016, 12:35:33 am

Do you happen to know when you make a first down the clock stops til the chains are set and then restarts on the ref.

Coach95

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 13, 2016, 04:41:39 pm
yea we fumbled, false starts, offsides, but not one PF penalty! When Hazen came back and took the lead the PF penalties were flying on Clarendon, hey I'm not a Homer that thinks everybody has bad kids but us. I'm not a Hazen Alumni or do I have kids in school anymore, I just call it like I see it. I'm sure Clarendon fans saw right the opposite and that's ok.

8 fumbles, yea i would say we did wrong, Marvell could win if we fumbled 8 times, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Old Scrapper

Clarendon & Palestine/Wheatley should be a good game to watch, good luck to both.

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 13, 2016, 01:02:30 pm
We have some hot heads for sure but they are only giving what they are getting.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 13, 2016, 02:13:55 pm
I'm confused you had a 20 to 6 lead on them at one point in the,first half if anybody come out flat it was them. Looks like a trend to me start lije gang busters then hope to hold on just my observation.
Nope, we were very flat...they were just worse.  We didn't start playing a bit till after half.

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 13, 2016, 03:13:30 pm
He's out of state.  I will say that we have some with hot tempers but they were only giving back what they were getting.  Could they work on anger management, yes lol but it's not all on them. Marked Tree posters could at least see that the hot heads were on both sides.  Hazen was also in on the fun.

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 13, 2016, 04:41:39 pm
Wrong...there was a PF on Hazen and Clarendon early in the game that was offset.  And there were definitely PF violations, they just weren't called.

MomaLion

Quote from: Coach95 on September 13, 2016, 04:55:46 pm
Do you happen to know when you make a first down the clock stops til the chains are set and then restarts on the ref.
Yep, but when there are entire plays and the clock never starts...something isn't right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas