• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe T Robinson @ Ashdown Week 9

Started by RyanLR, October 21, 2017, 07:27:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

Ashdown is in the meat grinder portion of their schedule having lost back to back games to Nashville and Arkadelphia. This is a long bus ride down for the Senators. This should be a great game. The Senators have the target on their backs now so we'll see how this game goes.

Oldbadger

I was impressed with the grit and determination of Ashdown. I can see had they had their injured QB they would be tough to beat.  They had to put too much on Number 1 last night.  He was injured and still played well. They will not be intimidated with the Senators.  The Badgers have too many weapons and are full strength now.  Going to go deep in the playoffs and hope to meet the Senators again.

PASS

This turned into an Arkadelphia thread quickly....lol. Let's talk about Robinson vs Nashville here. Ashdown is very talented. With their quarterback, would have been a tight one. Without him I think they will struggle to convert on 3rd down & sustain drives. Robinson wins by 20 unless they have a lot of turnovers. But even if they turn it over 5 times, that doesn't mean they will lose, just ask Arkadelphia. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.   

AirWarren

Nacho

I've said all year that Ashdown was over rated, don't get me wrong they've got some big guys and they're fast, but as Nash and Ark proved...Robinson rolls to a big win. 45-14

Oldbadger

Hey, talking about 3rd down conversions.  Against the Badgers, I didn't keep count but 80 percent of the time Ashdown made them.  It was exasperating.  The Badgers recovered a fumble and had a pick six and another pick that led to a TD.  Ashdown uses a slant across the middle and a little down and out pattern that is almost unstoppable. They will make their 3rd down conversions even against Robinson.  If they get their QB back, everyone had better watch out.  I'm kinda speaking for the Panthers because I don't know of any posters on here that support them.  I'm not sure if they have internet down there.lol

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 21, 2017, 09:22:50 am
Hey, talking about 3rd down conversions.  Against the Badgers, I didn't keep count but 80 percent of the time Ashdown made them.  It was exasperating.  The Badgers recovered a fumble and had a pick six and another pick that led to a TD.  Ashdown uses a slant across the middle and a little down and out pattern that is almost unstoppable. They will make their 3rd down conversions even against Robinson.  If they get their QB back, everyone had better watch out.  I'm kinda speaking for the Panthers because I don't know of any posters on here that support them.  I'm not sure if they have internet down there.lol
I think it's dial up. I know because we just got Ethernet cords last year. We are waiting on wifi

ABC™

From what I've heard Ashdown's QB will not return for football and will prepare for baseball season when healthy.

blegit

Do not know for sure if their quarterback will return. I will say its a different team with him. He is a game changer. The way teams are forcing the sophomore to make plays would be totally different if Hill was playing. You would no be able to key on green and bishop as much. He made those other receivers legit weapons. It would be a dogfight with any of the top teams in our conference if he was playing. They are still able to score some but offense is not as good without him. Some may say they are overrated but I think if he is there they had a good chance of going deep in the playoffs. They are lot better than they have looked the last couple weeks. The last couple of weeks have been turnovers that are killing them.  5 turnovers against Nashville and 4 more last night. Too many turnovers to beat good teams.

RyanLR

Robinson's secondary is going to get tested that's for sure. So far teams attempting to throw against them is a nightmare. Nashville ended up with 5 picks. Bauxite actually had us worried last night because a super disciplined wing T type team can maybe get 3-5 yards a play and sustain drives. Teams have moved the ball on the Senators but it's so hard to score on them. The fact that Ashdown throws for 80% of their offense leads me to believe that it's not going to be pretty.

Nacho

Quote from: blegit on October 21, 2017, 11:11:49 am
Do not know for sure if their quarterback will return. I will say its a different team with him. He is a game changer. The way teams are forcing the sophomore to make plays would be totally different if Hill was playing. You would no be able to key on green and bishop as much. He made those other receivers legit weapons. It would be a dogfight with any of the top teams in our conference if he was playing. They are still able to score some but offense is not as good without him. Some may say they are overrated but I think if he is there they had a good chance of going deep in the playoffs. They are lot better than they have looked the last couple weeks. The last couple of weeks have been turnovers that are killing them.  5 turnovers against Nashville and 4 more last night. Too many turnovers to beat good teams.

I've heard rumors that he won't return but I agree that if he did return they're scary!

Oldbadger

Hey Scrapman, go down to McDonald's, they have it!lol

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 22, 2017, 09:22:37 pm
Hey Scrapman, go down to McDonald's, they have it!lol
I tried. Took me to a McD home page...i got confused, didn't like it.

RyanLR

Quote from: scrapman on October 22, 2017, 09:25:24 pm
I tried. Took me to a McD home page...i got confused, didn't like it.
Man if yall got Starbucks that wifi is the shiznit.

scrapdig

Quote from: ABC™ on October 21, 2017, 09:30:16 am
From what I've heard Ashdown's QB will not return for football and will prepare for baseball season when healthy.
That's ashamed because he could possibly give his team a chance at a state title.  All state basketball player as well.....

greenman478

If Ashdown's QB plays I think this is a close game.  If not, Robinson will win by 3 tds.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: greenman478 on October 23, 2017, 10:42:41 am
If Ashdown's QB plays I think this is a close game.  If not, Robinson will win by 3 tds.
It has already been said he is going to rehab for baseball season

scrapman

Quote from: RyanLR on October 23, 2017, 08:42:32 am
Man if yall got Starbucks that wifi is the shiznit.
Come on man...Starbucks.  were lucky to have McD.

RyanLR

No. 3 Joe T. Robinson at No. 10 Ashdown
Three weeks ago this appeared to be a league title. But Ashdown has lost consecutive games since quarterback Jaden Hill broke his collarbone and quit football three weeks ago. The Panthers led Nashville in the fourth quarter two weeks ago before giving up two late touchdowns in a seven-point setback. Ashdown had four turnovers in the opening six games, but six in the past two weeks. Sophomore QB Brett Bond connected on eight of his opening nine passes last week at Arkadelphia, but senior receivers ran the wrong routes on the next two passes, both interceptions, which led to the Badgers' 18-point decision. Bond completes 58 percent of his passes his season for 587 yards and five TDs. Senior running back Trey Green has 106 carries for 921 yards and 13 TDs. Senior playmaker Ladarrius Bishop was hobbled with an ankle injury at Arkadelphia, but should return to full strength this week, Coach Matt Richardson says. Bishop averages 12 yards per carry this year, and has 26 receptions for 441 yards and five TDs. Senior middle linebacker Alex Day has more than 100 tackles, bolstered by a 25-tackle effort Week 5 against Bauxite.  Undefeated Joe T. Robinson can claim its first conference title since sharing the 2005 AAA-Southeast title with a win. The Senators haven't won an outright title since 2004. The Senators surrender less than 12 points weekly. Senior Ceazar Warren has 80 carries this season for 910 yards and 12 TDs. He had 157 yards, two TDs and ran for a conversion in last week's mercy-rule win over Bauxite. Warren has 99 tackles on defense, including 22 tackles for loss, two interceptions and three fumble recoveries.

SCRAPYARD

Coming up is there 3rd consecutive lost, wouldn't not surprise me if they finish with a 4th, heard several people say the kids are ready for basketball.

RyanLR

Oldbadger

To correct one fact RyanLR mentioned.  One of the passes that was Pick6d was a simple swing pass to a back coming out of the backfield. Pass was about 4 feet over the recievers head.  Easy pickings for the Badger D back.
On the other hand, I don't and didn't see any quit in Ashdowns players.  They have some very good athletes and excellent speed.  Robinson will have to work for their points.  I don't see them passing at all.  I can see an upset in the making and if Warren is injured (I hope not) or hobbled, it's over for Robinson for the year.  I see Robinson resorting to Warren to the right, Warren to the left, Warren up the middle.  Otherwise it's a loss for the senators.

blegit

I' m from Ashdown and I hadnt heard that the kids are getting ready for basketball. Their top 2 players in basketball dont even play football. The ones who do play basketball from the football team love football way more than basketball. Im hearing the opposite of what your hearing. I'm hearing that they think they can make a deep run in the playoffs and have a slight chance of getting everyone back if they can make it to thanksgiving.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: blegit on October 25, 2017, 12:41:02 pm
I' m from Ashdown and I hadnt heard that the kids are getting ready for basketball. Their top 2 players in basketball dont even play football. The ones who do play basketball from the football team love football way more than basketball. Im hearing the opposite of what your hearing. I'm hearing that they think they can make a deep run in the playoffs and have a slight chance of getting everyone back if they can make it to thanksgiving.
That would be great! I would love to see Ashdown get past the second round for a change. They need to do it this year, cause it really drops off for them talent wise.

BP74

I think Ashdown has very winnable games the first two rounds. If everything plays out currently and they are 4th seed.

blegit

Yes. They will lose some talent but now a days man its hard to tell how these kids going to develop. I never thought these last two years we would produce some of these kind of division one players. I really thought after the Devon sanders and Brandon Northcross class graduated that we would nose dive for awhile. We want be as strong next year but it will still be some talent their. We can winn the first couple of round if we play well. I think turnovers are what is hurting us the most now. We cant make 4 turnovers a game against a team like Nashville and Arky and expect to win. You really cant turn it over a lot in the playoffs. I was really proud of them for hanging in both games with the amount of turnovers they made.

BP74

Don't know about Nashville, but Arkadelphia averages right at 4 forced turnovers per game. I was impressed how hard 10 ran the ball the entire game.

mharris31696

Quote from: BP74 on October 25, 2017, 12:58:18 pm
I think Ashdown has very winnable games the first two rounds. If everything plays out currently and they are 4th seed.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Ashdown make another trip to Arkadelphia in the 3rd round. That's what I see playing out.

Nacho

What happens to the 7-4A rankings if Ashdown beats Robinson?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nacho on October 26, 2017, 02:58:00 pm

Someone else becomes #1...

Nacho

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 26, 2017, 03:07:15 pm
Someone else becomes #1...

You are so helpful. Thank you. Best Post ever. +1 and so on.

BP74

Don't think it would change any seedings at the moment. Just overall records and rankings.

SportsReporter

Panthers not going to get close to a W this Friday. Joe T to good

richboy

October 26, 2017, 04:12:39 pm #33 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:17:09 pm by richboy
also if Robinson loses tomorrow night (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I believe points would determine if arky, robinson, or ashdown will be the 1 seed because then theyll both only have 1 conference loss

ABC™

If Ashdown beats Robinson, Robinson would hold the tiebreaker over Arkadelphia. Nashville would still hold the tiebreaker over Ashdown. So nothing would change if everything else goes as expected.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on October 26, 2017, 04:12:39 pm
also if Robinson loses tomorrow night (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I believe points would determine if arky, robinson, or ashdown will be the 1 seed because then theyll both only have 1 conference loss

Ashdown has 2 conference losses.

richboy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 26, 2017, 04:21:22 pm
Ashdown has 2 conference losses.
lol forgot they lost to Nashville. So what would happen if Robinson lost? That would leave arky and Robinson with 1 conference loss

bulldoghistorian

Robinson 1 and Arky 2 because Robinson beat Arky head to head.

SUGARTOWN

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-0

Ashdown-0

End of the 1st Quarter

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: RyanLR on October 27, 2017, 07:32:24 pm
Joe T Robinson-0

Ashdown-0

End of the 1st Quarter
I expected a close first quarter, but no score kind of surprises me.

RyanLR

October 27, 2017, 07:41:09 pm #41 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:47:04 pm by RyanLR
Joe T Robinson-7

Ashdown-0

Ceazar Warren 28 yard run

7:40 2nd Quarter

~WPS~

Two offenses that can be dysfunctional at times.

RyanLR

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on October 27, 2017, 07:37:49 pm
I expected a close first quarter, but no score kind of surprises me.
We have a history of "slow" starts.

RyanLR

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-14

Ashdown-0

Ceazar Warren 22 yard run

8:55 3rd Quarter

RyanLR

An Ashdown Panther was injured on a punt and is being loaded into the ambulance. The game has been at a standstill for about 20 minutes here in the 3rd quarter.

richboy

Quote from: RyanLR on October 27, 2017, 08:59:19 pm
An Ashdown Panther was injured on a punt and is being loaded into the ambulance. The game has been at a standstill for about 20 minutes here in the 3rd quarter.
who and how did it happen

RyanLR

Quote from: richboy on October 27, 2017, 09:01:07 pm
who and how did it happen
The Ashdown punter was hit as he kicked and was down. He walked off the field under his own power, but I believe he's being taken to the hospital for concussion protocol.

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-14

Ashdown-0

End of the 3rd Quarter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas