• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A-South Conference 2013-14

Started by Blindsided, August 22, 2013, 04:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgnut17

January 25, 2014, 07:33:44 am #50 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:33:34 am by Hawgnut17
So who is the favorite Tues in the El Dorado and Benton girls game?

whitefella1

suprstr30

Agreed.  Game is in Eldorado and they have beaten Benton both times at home the last two years when Benton was undefeated.  El Do by 4.

Blindsided

El Dorado's advantage will be McCool.  Benton's guards are probably a little better than ED's.  It's going to depend on how well Benton handles ED's big girl.  Benton didn't need to win in ED the last two years to win the conference.

Mike Love

I heard Pine Bluff bumped Sheridan LadyJackets pretty good tonight, 60-38. In the last 3 years, the LadyJackets are 0-5 vs Benton, o-5 vs ElDorado, and 0-5 vs Pine Bluff. In the previous 3 years, that record was 5-1, 2-4, and 5-1, and the road to the 6a-south championship always went thru the LadyJackets. I had daughters who played in both sets of years, so i can attest to the highs and lows. If the LadyJackets are going to contend, they got to figure out how to beat the top 3. They got plenty of talent, as much I have ever seen on a single LadyJacket team. Lets bow up ladies, and put together a big run.

Blindsided

Saw where Benton girls got hammered at El Dorado last night.  According to Twitter, Benton led by 4 at halftime, then shot 2 for 21 in the 2nd half.  The big girl (McCool) had 24 for ED.

SNWA

El Dorado is cruising. Are they that good? Is the conference down? Will they give the east a run for their money in state?

Lionheart88

So did anybody see Saban, Rhett Lashlee, and Tim Horton at PBHS last night?  All there to watch Will Gragg play basketball, or so I heard.

Blindsided

January 29, 2014, 03:27:51 pm #58 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:30:35 pm by Blindsided
Quote from: SNWA on January 29, 2014, 01:56:31 pm
El Dorado is cruising. Are they that good? Is the conference down? Will they give the east a run for their money in state?
El Dorado is good, especially when they get the ball to McCool.  She is very strong, very fundamental, and can finish in traffic.  Benton's lack of size was exposed, especially in the second half when McCool scored 17 of her 24.  It would of been a better game had Benton made some shots like they normally do.  They had a lot of wide open looks.  The conference is better than it was last year.  I see ED, Benton, PB, and Lake Hamilton all able to advance in the Tournament if they play ok.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 29, 2014, 02:30:37 pm
So did anybody see Saban, Rhett Lashlee, and Tim Horton at PBHS last night?  All there to watch Will Gragg play basketball, or so I heard.

Yes he was there and Lashlee. I think that was a pretty big statement by Saban considering Will is a role player on the team plays defense and rebounds that's about it.

Blindsided

Through the half way point:

1. El Dorado.......dominated the defending champs at home.
  2. Pine Bluff........looking for ED to slip.
  3. Benton......hope to bounce back this week vs. Bryant/Fair.
  4. Lake Hamilton......playing solid basketball right now.
  5. Sheridan.......Big game with LH this week.
  6. Bryant.......playing better; got rival Benton this week.
  7. Texarkana.....playing hard, but still can't finish games.
  8. LR Fair.......will get Greenwood in first round....ouch.

Cabotred

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 29, 2014, 03:49:05 pm

Yes he was there and Lashlee. I think that was a pretty big statement by Saban considering Will is a role player on the team plays defense and rebounds that's about it.

They could have cared less if Gragg played or not. They were there to show him and his parents that they are seriously interested in him as a person, to show them that he will be supported in his efforts at AL if he chooses to come there. They were there to set themselves apart from all other teams recruiting Gragg.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on February 05, 2014, 10:03:22 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on January 29, 2014, 03:49:05 pm

They could have cared less if Gragg played or not. They were there to show him and his parents that they are seriously interested in him as a person, to show them that he will be supported in his efforts at AL if he chooses to come there. They were there to set themselves apart from all other teams recruiting Gragg.

Not the first coaches to watch him play bb this year.

zebrafan69

PB will be tough out in State tournament. We have had several coaches in the gym looking at Gragg for football

zebrafan

February 13, 2014, 08:10:19 pm #64 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:47:25 pm by zebrafan
Make up game.

Boys

PB 71
Bryant 51

Girls

PB 48
Bryant 38

zebrafan69

Great Game between 2 good teams- We got a chance to get into that top 2 spots if we play right- these pb teams this year are lookin alright

zebrafan

Quote from: zebrafan69 on February 14, 2014, 11:24:30 am
Great Game between 2 good teams- We got a chance to get into that top 2 spots if we play right- these pb teams this year are lookin alright
Meh to inconsistent...

zebrafan

zebrafan

zebrafan69

WMB

Benton Boys have 1 loss and I think the girls have 3.

WMB

Benton boys and girls win tonight over El Dorado. Boys win conference.

Mike Love

Pine Bluff girls over Sheridan by 14. at home:P

Mike Love

Wanted to say a big congratulations to former Sheridan and 6a-south coach Rick Treadway, who last night got his 20th win of the season, and clinched at least a tie for his conference title. That is his 15 th conference title in 30 years of coaching, he got 3 at NLR, 10 at Sheridan and 2 in the last 3 years at Pulaski Academy. Thats coaching. 600+ wins along the way. We sure miss him at Sheridan. Congrats

Blindsided

The South's seeds in girls will be:

1. El Dorado.........limping in after two losses last week.
  2. Benton........playing the best basketball right now.
  3. Pine Bluff.....had a share of the title until losing at home to Benton.
  4. Lake Hamilton/Sheridan.......will play Thur nite.
  5. Siloam Springs
  6. Loser of LH/Sheridan.
  7. Texarkana.......long trip to JB to play Hall:(
  8. LR Fair........enjoy the team meal.

SNWA

east

1 Gw
2 Hall
3 Sercy
4 Marion
5 Mt Home
6 Parkview
7 Jonesboro
8 Russellville

SNWA

Russellville May Be Best 8 Seed Ever....They Will Give Eldo A Game.....Any Other Good Match Ups Stand Out?

TheMercenary

Quote from: SNWA on February 26, 2014, 07:58:52 pm
Russellville May Be Best 8 Seed Ever....They Will Give Eldo A Game.....Any Other Good Match Ups Stand Out?

Did Russellville get their PG back?

urban legend2

When she got hurt, that really set them back a ways. If she's back, they'll be a tough out. Parkview will be dangerous in a one-game scenario, but I do think GW and Hall will end up playing for the state title.

SNWA

No she has not come back yet but if they play like they did against GW in the first half on Tues night, they will be a tough out. They actually were leading by 1 at half before GW really got going. Outside of Mt St Marys, Russellville has faced some of the toughest competition in the state night in and night out. Does anyone know anything about the facilities at Jonesboro? Is it at the high school or college? I took off all week and am ready for some basketball.

ricepig

It's at the high school, and I think the facilities are inside, will that bother you, not used to that? Seriously, the gym is 70's old, the dressing rooms, coach's offices, training rooms, media rooms, and lobby are all brand new. There is limited chair back  seating, that is normally all sold out for season ticket holders, but I'm not sure you can do that at a state tournament. If you like to sit close and coach, you'll need to bring chair backs, as the benches are across from the good seats.

On the hospitality end, Jonesboro has every restaurant fast or slow, we don't cook apparently. If you wish for a slow, more adult meal, you might head downtown. There are several good establishments located there, it's on the same road as the school, just a few blocks north.

Mike Love

Siloam Springs might be a sleeper to make the semi's

1umberjack$

The top bracket is tough.  I think either El Dorado or Siloam Springs could come out of that one and Hall can turn it on at any time.  I know Pine Bluff's players are top notch individual players but I don't know anything about them as a unit.

I think GW will waltz through the bottom bracket.  I would like to see them destroy Benton but I don't think Benton will make it to Saturday night.

Blindsided

Wow.  What's your beef with Benton?

1umberjack$

Quote from: Blindsided on February 27, 2014, 06:55:23 pm
Wow.  What's your beef with Benton?
LOL...An old Central Arkansas Junior High Conference beef I guess...they never treated Conway well down there.

BigBobB

I'm not sure if you're referring to the boy's or girl's team for Benton, but both have a lot of talent.  What would make you think they wouldn't make it to Saturday night? 

ricepig

Quote from: BigBobB on February 28, 2014, 12:13:21 pm
I'm not sure if you're referring to the boy's or girl's team for Benton, but both have a lot of talent.  What would make you think they wouldn't make it to Saturday night?

Well, the boys will have to face Jonesboro before Sat night, so there's that........

WMB

No they won't. They would play Saturday. Parkview will get the 1 seed and Jonesboro will get the 2. Benton has the 1 seed from the south. 1 vs 2 games would be on Saturday. Benton is capable of beating Jonesboro.

ricepig

Quote from: WMB on February 28, 2014, 12:46:24 pm
No they won't. They would play Saturday. Parkview will get the 1 seed and Jonesboro will get the 2. Benton has the 1 seed from the south. 1 vs 2 games would be on Saturday. Benton is capable of beating Jonesboro.

Ok, I was getting my "final" ahead of myself. Capable, maybe, on Jonesboro's home court, not likely. I seem to remember hearing last summer on how it would be different in Dec, not!

WMB

I agree, playing 5 on 8 is tough at Jonesboro.

SNWA

ricepig

Quote from: WMB on February 28, 2014, 12:57:24 pm
I agree, playing 5 on 8 is tough at Jonesboro.
We beat 9 on 12 in baseball in Benton last May to go to Baum, tighten your shoelaces. 

WMB

You still play high school baseball?

ricepig

Quote from: WMB on February 28, 2014, 01:14:47 pm
You still play high school baseball?

Nope, we, was Jonesboro. My playing days ended many moons ago, haha.

WMB

Ok, Jonesboro is good, very good. beat Benton in 3 staight games. Best game we played was in Jonesboro in 5 point loss this year. But I was proud of the Benton boys in that game. It really was the worst called first half I have ever seen. The boys fought back from 18-2 down to start the game to having a shot at tying it at the end. I know it will be hard, but not as impossible as you think.

urban legend2

Taking nothing away from Benton at all...Jonesboro is just a tough place for a visiting team to win. Also, for Benton to get there, they'd probably have to beat Hall (depending on how games play out tonight), which will be a tall task in itself. Nothing's impossible in a one-game scenario though.

ricepig

Quote from: WMB on February 28, 2014, 01:33:14 pm
Ok, Jonesboro is good, very good. beat Benton in 3 staight games. Best game we played was in Jonesboro in 5 point loss this year. But I was proud of the Benton boys in that game. It really was the worst called first half I have ever seen. The boys fought back from 18-2 down to start the game to having a shot at tying it at the end. I know it will be hard, but not as impossible as you think.

Benton has a good team, and anything can happen on any night. I'd say that was one of Jonesboro's worse games. They were returning 3 starters, the only three kids who played on the varsity the year before, and lost one :20 into the start of that game. It was part of a 8 game in 12 day stretch that made this team. They realized they lost their only returning post presence, and adjusted from it. They are playing their best ball at the right time, what you want.

WMB

Hall will be the 3 seed on your side and have to play Parkview in the other semi. We will likley get Russelville in in the second round.

Blindsided

I see Benton girls getting to Saturday.  I don't think they'll blow people out while getting there, but they are playing good ball right now.  They are balanced and play good defense.  They really don't have a "great" player, but their top six or seven are pretty solid.  Now, if they do get there?  They will face Greenwood who has a couple of great players and a real good team.  I think GW wins by 20 or more.

Mike Love

Sheridan girls go to El Dorado tonight, without the head coach. He was ejected last night, vs Lake Hamilton, in the 1st 5 minutes of the game. This is the 2nd time in 3 years this has happened. They won, but I feel bad for the girls. They will be coached by the assistant and the jr high coach. When you play El Dorado, there, its better to have all hands on deck, and then some. Good Luck, girls. Go LadYjackets!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas