• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville at LRC

Started by PA Dad, August 20, 2018, 04:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I wonder why no thread has been started on this game.  It should be a good one.

I'll pick LRC just because Batesville has a history of starting slowly.

Overdahill

JessieP

August 20, 2018, 06:35:29 pm #2 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:37:29 pm by JessieP
As much as it pains me I would have to agree, Batesville is consistently a slow starter. You would have to go back 10 years to find them winning the first game of the year. They usually don't get the ship righted until mid September.

On another note, and something that seriously pains me, I owe PA an apology. I have always had an issue with private schools having an unfair advantage. I HATE a tilted playing field. I accused PA of that and was proven wrong time and time again. There isn't one case of someone transferring to PA after the 8th grade and getting a full ride. I have since learned that there is a school doing that, LRCA. Not only do they not deny it they don't hide it. They have an assistant coach that oversees recruiting. I now get pleasure knowing that their recruiter hasn't been able to build a team that can top PA. Heck, he can't get past Wynne and Batesville. So enjoy the apology, it won't happen again. I'm sure PA cheats, I just can't find any evidence of it. I'm sure it involves the government, the Mafia, Maynard G Krebs, the Rand corporation and the Illuminati. I will get to the bottom of it, the truth is out there. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on August 20, 2018, 06:35:29 pm
As much as it pains me I would have to agree, Batesville is consistently a slow starter. You would have to go back 10 years to find them winning the first game of the year. They usually don't get the ship righted until mid September.

On another note, and something that seriously pains me, I owe PA an apology. I have always had an issue with private schools having an unfair advantage. I HATE a tilted playing field. I accused PA of that and was proven wrong time and time again. There isn't one case of someone transferring to PA after the 8th grade and getting a full ride. I have since learned that there is a school doing that, LRCA. Not only do they not deny it they don't hide it. They have an assistant coach that oversees recruiting. I now get pleasure knowing that their recruiter hasn't been able to build a team that can top PA. Heck, he can't get past Wynne and Batesville. So enjoy the apology, it won't happen again. I'm sure PA cheats, I just can't find any evidence of it. I'm sure it involves the government, the Mafia, Maynard G Krebs, the Rand corporation and the Illuminati. I will get to the bottom of it, the truth is out there.

Whew!  I'm glad you left me out of that list.  But you may be on to something with the Illuminati.

AT

Pretty much in agreement with the rest of the thread. I could see LRC winning, although I think it is a tossup and should be one-two scores, and even if Batesville lost by 2-3 scores now, they could see them again in the playoffs and King would have them ready to win.

Chief_Osceola™

Bama's Red Elephant Club (REC) has nothing on PA. And they're as close to Deep State as you'll ever hear about. Saban needs to come to LR and take notes.

Post is STRONGLY tongue in cheek, in case anyone is wondering...

JessieP

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 20, 2018, 08:19:29 pm
Pretty much in agreement with the rest of the thread. I could see LRC winning, although I think it is a tossup and should be one-two scores, and even if Batesville lost by 2-3 scores now, they could see them again in the playoffs and King would have them ready to win.

I agree. Watching Batesville's first game will tell you nothing about the Pioneers come playoff time. It's bizarre and no one can explain it. The funny thing is the fan/player/coach responses, they don't panic. I watch the players leave the field after early loses and they have an "No biggie" attitude. It's like King has a magic switch that he flicks on about week 4. They go from mediocre to top tier in 7 days. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to start quick but I'd rather be playing after Thanksgiving that start 3-0.

The_Pioneer

Also bear in mind we almost always play up in size and talent level in the non conference.  Its a lot easier to look lousy against a school with 2x the number of students we have.

NEASPORTSFAN

August 21, 2018, 10:44:14 pm #8 Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:06:12 pm by NEASPORTSFAN
Quote from: Overdahill on August 20, 2018, 04:13:38 pm
LRCA by 2 TDs

Batesville graduated a lot. Very young team that might have some growing pains but come on strong at the end. Should do well in the conference. Regardless, Given history, picking anyone two TDs better than batesville on any night is a bold pick.

RazorDad

Hi Jessie !!!

Neckred

Quote from: JessieP on August 20, 2018, 09:42:09 pm
I agree. Watching Batesville's first game will tell you nothing about the Pioneers come playoff time. It's bizarre and no one can explain it. The funny thing is the fan/player/coach responses, they don't panic. I watch the players leave the field after early loses and they have an "No biggie" attitude. It's like King has a magic switch that he flicks on about week 4. They go from mediocre to top tier in 7 days. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to start quick but I'd rather be playing after Thanksgiving that start 3-0.
Do they do much during the summers?  I heard they don't do 7 on 7s

Neckred

I'll take LRC easy in this one. 

STUNNA

If Hill plays qb this year... they will have a chance to win it all. Second best player in the state in my opinion.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: STUNNA on August 22, 2018, 01:36:41 pm
If Hill plays qb this year... they will have a chance to win it all. Second best player in the state in my opinion.

If Hill is the second best player in the state, then the gap between number 1 and 2 is huge..he is good, but not that good.  Just an opinion.

Neckred

I thought Hill was a total freak in football?  I think he is overrated in basketball

Maynard G Krebs

August 22, 2018, 02:49:12 pm #15 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:55:15 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Neckred on August 22, 2018, 02:42:50 pm
I thought Hill was a total freak in football?  I think he is overrated in basketball

Maybe so.  Agree with the round ball assessment. 

STUNNA

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 22, 2018, 02:28:16 pm
If Hill is the second best player in the state, then the gap between number 1 and 2 is huge..he is good, but not that good.  Just an opinion.
He was a stud in the Warren game last year. Without him they lose. Doesn't help that warren played the second half missing a couple key guys. But hill put on a show.

AverageJo24

Offensively I think Batesville will be fine. I am worried about their defense. They only have 2 starters returning on the defensive side of the ball. They wont be able to keep up with LRC on the scoreboard. Should be a good game though! Wish I could make it!

SouthernerPride

Is there a livestream available for this game?

The_Pioneer

Not this week.  Not using The Cube this year.  No idea why.

ImHogginIt

August 24, 2018, 07:07:01 pm #20 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:31:37 pm by ImHogginIt
Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 24, 2018, 06:10:58 pm
Not this week.  Not using The Cube this year.  No idea why.

Is there a radio broadcast online  ?

Found it on kzle

RCWarrior2020

Batesville looks really bad.

The_Pioneer

Well, thanks for stopping by.   ::)  Everyone from Batesville has said on here this early season would be a struggle.

RCWarrior2020

This Batesville team will struggle all year, don't kid yourself.

RCWarrior2020

This Batesville team will struggle all year, don't kid yourself.

The_Pioneer

We were bound to have a down season eventually.  Consistency is hard to maintain.

RCWarrior2020

JessieP, hard for you, the biggest Pioneer homer of all, to put a good spin on that effort tonight by Batesbilke.  Awful.

RCWarrior2020

Batesville.  Spell check....

STUNNA

RCWarrior2020

Stats will be good, but it was against what looked like an 8th/9th grade team.  Not a knock, but Batesville looked terrible and we need to see what happens against a real team.

Rocket23

Easy RC... don't  be appearing out of nowhere and talking too much.  The higher we climb the harder we fall.  Be a classy winner.

I talked to a Batesville assistant and he said the Pioneers we're playing a lot of young ones.  They will take their lumps early.

On the other hand a friend was visiting with Buck James at the game and Coach said LRCA is one of the fastest teams, if not the fastest in the state.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rocket23 on August 24, 2018, 10:46:55 pm
Easy RC... don't  be appearing out of nowhere and talking too much.  The higher we climb the harder we fall.  Be a classy winner.

I talked to a Batesville assistant and he said the Pioneers we're playing a lot of young ones.  They will take their lumps early.

On the other hand a friend was visiting with Buck James at the game and Coach said LRCA is one of the fastest teams, if not the fastest in the state.

Classy post and good advice.

I saw the highlights and LRCA looked very good.  Hill is a very good QB and it looks like he has a good receiving corps.  The PA/LRCA game should be a good one.

yo

Just curious, is the new LRCA facility complete?  How big is the indoor field?

incogneto

Quote from: yo on August 25, 2018, 08:19:20 am
Just curious, is the new LRCA facility complete?  How big is the indoor field?

Yes it's 50 yards plus end zone, modeled after Conway's coaches offices up front, including, executive suites and meeting rooms.  It's a nice facility that is already paid for.  The new basketball arena is already paid for as well and it breaks ground soon.  They are doing dirt work on the new elementary school as well. 

STBruin

Quote from: STUNNA on August 22, 2018, 01:36:41 pm

From what I have seen, second best player in the state? Really? ...Hill is an athlete, BUT athlete does not mean he is a QB...no matter what his dad says...people at the scrimmage were not impressed with his QB skills, from both LRCA and Benton...and he is no where close to being the top basketball recruit in the state...McBride carries that HANDS DOWN.

With the issues that Morrilton is having...he may win it all, but we just finished week 0....LOTS of season left...and there are always surprises come November!

SouthernerPride

Quote from: STBruin on August 25, 2018, 10:13:15 am
From what I have seen, second best player in the state? Really? ...Hill is an athlete, BUT athlete does not mean he is a QB...no matter what his dad says...people at the scrimmage were not impressed with his QB skills, from both LRCA and Benton...and he is no where close to being the top basketball recruit in the state...McBride carries that HANDS DOWN.

With the issues that Morrilton is having...he may win it all, but we just finished week 0....LOTS of season left...and there are always surprises come November!
Hill & McBride are not even top 5 best round ball players in the state. Moody, Davis, Moore, Peaster, Brown. Hill may be the best pure athlete of them all, tho

JessieP

Hill is nowhere near the 2nd best player in the state. He's nowhere near the 2nd best qb in the state. Batesville looked bad, plain and simple. When Batesville was able to get pressure on him he was panicked, stricken with fear. One time in the grasp he turned and threw the ball towards the other goal line resulting in a 35 yard loss. Another time he threw it away and ran 15 yards out of bounds. The game was a blowout because of 1) Batesville's total lack of blocking, 2) Our inability to tackle in the secondary, 3) Batesville's total and complete inability to block. The LRCA qb play was zero factor. Keep in mind even with a young small Batesville defense LCRA had no running game. Anyone who who thinks LRCA is ready to unseat PA is sorely mistaken. LRCA is Jalen Hurts, PA is Tom Brady.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 25, 2018, 10:44:58 am
Hill & McBride are not even top 5 best round ball players in the state. Moody, Davis, Moore, Peaster, Brown. Hill may be the best pure athlete of them all, tho

I'm not going to turn this to a b-ball thread, but you have got to be kidding to say McBride is not in that top 5. Everyone knows that kid is probably the best in the state. He has proven that countless times against better rated guys than he. Back to hill and football, maybe right now he's not a fantastic q.b but you gotta remember he just started playing the position again and even returned to football only 2 years agol. In terms of athletes, I agree, though. Hard to find one better than him. Can play everything on the field.

STUNNA

Quote from: JessieP on August 25, 2018, 11:24:00 am
Hill is nowhere near the 2nd best player in the state. He's nowhere near the 2nd best qb in the state. Batesville looked bad, plain and simple. When Batesville was able to get pressure on him he was panicked, stricken with fear. One time in the grasp he turned and threw the ball towards the other goal line resulting in a 35 yard loss. Another time he threw it away and ran 15 yards out of bounds. The game was a blowout because of 1) Batesville's total lack of blocking, 2) Our inability to tackle in the secondary, 3) Batesville's total and complete inability to block. The LRCA qb play was zero factor. Keep in mind even with a young small Batesville defense LCRA had no running game. Anyone who who thinks LRCA is ready to unseat PA is sorely mistaken. LRCA is Jalen Hurts, PA is Tom Brady.
is that the first time you have seen hill play? Have you seen him play other positions? He's an elite athlete. I've seen majority of the top players and he's the second best i have watched in person in the state. But that is my opinion...

STUNNA

And everything i have heard from people is exact opposite of posts in here... lol
13-17 for 295 yards
5 carries for 51 yards
Impressive regardless of the competition.

JessieP

Quote from: STUNNA on August 26, 2018, 10:41:46 am
And everything i have heard from people is exact opposite of posts in here... lol
13-17 for 295 yards
5 carries for 51 yards
Impressive regardless of the competition.

Did you actually laugh out loud? You saw the stats and it caused you to make an audible laughing noise? Do you like shiny things and whoopi cushions? I'd hate to see you fall for the "Pull my finger" gag, you might tear an intestinale muscle laughing uncontrollably. Have you seen the footage of the game? 75% of those yards are breakaway runs after a 10 yard throw. The receivers left fallen Batesville DB's in their wake. Poor Pioneer secondary play accounted for the lionshare of those yards. I never disparaged the kids athletic ability, he is a stud. He is a D1 basketball player, the 2nd best football player is a ludicrous boast. Arkansas has a couple dozen players who have committed to D1 schools in FOOTBALL, he is not one of them. A gifted athlete? Without question. A star? No question. A top tier qb? Maybe, but that's a long way off. The second best player in Arkansas? Not even close.   

STUNNA

Quote from: JessieP on August 26, 2018, 11:20:44 am
Did you actually laugh out loud? You saw the stats and it caused you to make an audible laughing noise? Do you like shiny things and whoopi cushions? I'd hate to see you fall for the "Pull my finger" gag, you might tear an intestinale muscle laughing uncontrollably. Have you seen the footage of the game? 75% of those yards are breakaway runs after a 10 yard throw. The receivers left fallen Batesville DB's in their wake. Poor Pioneer secondary play accounted for the lionshare of those yards. I never disparaged the kids athletic ability, he is a stud. He is a D1 basketball player, the 2nd best football player is a ludicrous boast. Arkansas has a couple dozen players who have committed to D1 schools in FOOTBALL, he is not one of them. A gifted athlete? Without question. A star? No question. A top tier qb? Maybe, but that's a long way off. The second best player in Arkansas? Not even close.   
sensitive much? Is this the first time you have seen him in person? Have you seen the others in person? Did you miss the part where i said in my opinion? After seeing some of the top players in the state he was the second best that I saw with my eyes. Number 1 being Burks and number 3 being Henry.

JessieP

August 26, 2018, 12:20:14 pm #42 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 12:22:22 pm by JessieP
Quote from: STUNNA on August 26, 2018, 12:09:51 pm
sensitive much? Is this the first time you have seen him in person? Have you seen the others in person? Did you miss the part where i said in my opinion? After seeing some of the top players in the state he was the second best that I saw with my eyes. Number 1 being Burks and number 3 being Henry.

Second time in person, first as a qb. Above Henry? That opinion is shared by you and LRCA fans, virtually no one else. But rather than base my opinion on fans on a message board or parents in the stands with pom poms I'll go ahead and let recruiting services and college football coaches evaluations form my opinion. They seem in lock step agreement, 2nd best football player in Arkansas? To quote Joe Pesci in Goodfellas "Get the heck! outta here".

STUNNA

Quote from: JessieP on August 26, 2018, 12:20:14 pm
Second time in person, first as a qb. Above Henry? That opinion is shared by you and LRCA fans, virtually no one else. But rather than base my opinion on fans on a message board or parents in the stands with pom poms I'll go ahead and let recruiting services and college football coaches evaluations form my opinion. They seem in lock step agreement, 2nd best football player in Arkansas? To quote Joe Pesci in Goodfellas "Get the heck! outta here".
so you've seen the others in person? He's an elite athlete.. could play football in college on either side of the ball. He just happened to be loyal to his state which has hurt his recruitment in basketball and football. And seeing majority of these kids in person Hill was the second best I've seen. He single handedly beat Warren last year when he came in at qb for the second half. Get out and watch some more of these top guys... you might just be surprised. 

incogneto

August 26, 2018, 01:28:31 pm #44 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:35:06 pm by incogneto
 8)

HeberFan

August 27, 2018, 10:42:27 am #45 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:06:44 pm by HeberFan
It takes 50 years (at least) to determine how good a president was. It also takes time, after their career, to determine how good football players were.

HeberFan

Maybe THIS will be the year, Batesville is as good, as they say they are?

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on August 29, 2018, 09:44:51 am
Maybe THIS will be the year, Batesville is as good, as they say they are?

Having been here for over 10 years now, originally from Dallas, I can tell you that Batesville is the most poker faced group of fans I have ever seen. The game against LRCA was a total disaster in my opinion. Batesville fans were discussing where to grab a bite to eat on the drive home. It's the strangest dynamic I HAVE EVER SEEN. Week 1,2 and 3 they just don't care. The Pioneers have started 0-3 the last 5 years, 7 of the last 10. They went to the State Championship 3 times in a row during that stretch. They look like an average 3A team to start the year and no one, besides me, panics. If I didn't know any better I'd swear they expect and almost embrace it. To give you an example, during the past 5 years of O-fers Hootens has never dropped them out of the Top 10, they only dropped 1 spot to number 7 after last Friday's loss. Stay tuned.

HeberFan

Quote from: JessieP on August 29, 2018, 10:35:39 am
Having been here for over 10 years now, originally from Dallas, I can tell you that Batesville is the most poker faced group of fans I have ever seen. The game against LRCA was a total disaster in my opinion. Batesville fans were discussing where to grab a bite to eat on the drive home. It's the strangest dynamic I HAVE EVER SEEN. Week 1,2 and 3 they just don't care. The Pioneers have started 0-3 the last 5 years, 7 of the last 10. They went to the State Championship 3 times in a row during that stretch. They look like an average 3A team to start the year and no one, besides me, panics. If I didn't know any better I'd swear they expect and almost embrace it. To give you an example, during the past 5 years of O-fers Hootens has never dropped them out of the Top 10, they only dropped 1 spot to number 7 after last Friday's loss. Stay tuned.

I agree, Batesville fans are way cool in the preseason. Then, they get a little too hyped in the playoffs. How is the defense looking this fall ?

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on August 29, 2018, 10:38:53 am
I agree, Batesville fans are way cool in the preseason. Then, they get a little too hyped in the playoffs. How is the defense looking this fall ?

Young. They held LRCA's running game intact, save for a few broken coverage runs by the qb. The secondary was a comedy of errors, blow coverages, db's running into each other and missed tackles. Those are problems that can be fixed. To me the biggest worry is the offensive line. Small, that's not good for a running team. They are trying some sort of bizarre experiment using linebacker sized lineman. We'll see.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas