• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins 3A this year?

Started by BigMan15, September 28, 2017, 10:39:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your 3A State Champion?

ECS
2 (8.3%)
Tuckerman
9 (37.5%)
Charleston
1 (4.2%)
Jesseville
0 (0%)
Manila
3 (12.5%)
Osceola
2 (8.3%)
other
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 03, 2017, 10:39:29 am

Head Lion

Quote from: drybones on October 14, 2017, 08:17:39 pm
Valley Springs boys will win it
Dont tell me 3A is down so bad this year that our future champ got beat by Omaha by 17 last night? How many cupcakes can you get on a schedule?

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on November 01, 2017, 10:28:20 am
Dont tell me 3A is down so bad this year that our future champ got beat by Omaha by 17 last night? How many cupcakes can you get on a schedule?

Omaha and Kirby are both solid 1A schools.  But to answer your question they have a whole month of cupcakes on the schedule in Nov.

Ctucker

I don't have any ideal who wins it this year or next but watch out for lighthouse next year Doakes and Davis will both be there next year and they will be juniors and they are moving to 3 a next year.

bobcats

November 01, 2017, 12:15:01 pm #53 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:24:49 pm by bobcats
Quote from: Ctucker on November 01, 2017, 11:42:57 am
I don't have any ideal who wins it this year or next but watch out for lighthouse next year Doakes and Davis will both be there next year and they will be juniors and they are moving to 3 a next year.

I don't follow this stuff at all but I was thinking one or both of those guys transferred to Jacksonville High or somewhere like that.

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on November 01, 2017, 11:36:06 am
Omaha and Kirby are both solid 1A schools.  But to answer your question they have a whole month of cupcakes on the schedule in Nov.
I know Bobcats, we will gladly swap 1 Har Ber for Omaha and 1 Osceola for Kirby.

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on November 01, 2017, 12:28:44 pm
I know Bobcats, we will gladly swap 1 Har Ber for Omaha and 1 Osceola for Kirby.

You guys are playing Har Ber?  Good luck to you!

Ctucker

Quote from: bobcats on November 01, 2017, 12:15:01 pm
I don't follow this stuff at all but I was thinking one or both of those guys transferred to Jacksonville High or somewhere like that.
[/quote.          Doakes went to North Little Rock but didn't move and got caught he is back at lighthouse but he is ineligible this year but the way I understand they will both be there next year. Davis is playing there this year!

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on November 01, 2017, 12:34:46 pm
You guys are playing Har Ber?  Good luck to you!
Also have Jonesboro Hurricane on schedule.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Head Lion on November 01, 2017, 12:28:44 pm

Omaha and Kirby might just give you the same number of losses too.  Calling them cupcakes is a bit much.

no mascot

There's a reason that those bigger schools don't consistently have the top 1a's and 2a's on the schedule. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. It doesn't matter how many kids are enrolled, only 5 can get on the court.

Head Lion

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 01, 2017, 10:13:17 pm
Omaha and Kirby might just give you the same number of losses too.  Calling them cupcakes is a bit much.
🙄🙄🙄

no mascot

Oh and when I say bigger schools I'm not talking abt the 3a schools by the way... I'm talking abt the big big boys.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: no mascot on November 01, 2017, 10:45:26 pm
There's a reason that those bigger schools don't consistently have the top 1a's and 2a's on the schedule. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. It doesn't matter how many kids are enrolled, only 5 can get on the court.

What exactly are they going to lose? There's no RPI or power rankings to lose ground in. They might lose some pride or morale, but if a loss to a smaller school  devastates a team so much that they can't overcome it, then they're not gonna be winning any championships anyway.

One could argue that there's nothing to gain from beating up on overmatched teams that have the same enrollment. Playing smaller schools that are better basketball teams would be more beneficial for larger schools.

no mascot

I agree that teams should find the best competition to them. If it wasn't an issue for teams to play one another then the U of A would have played Arkansas state by now.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 01, 2017, 10:13:17 pm

Didn't you know the Number of A's beside your class determines your talent level?

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 04, 2017, 02:39:32 pm
Didn't you know the Number of A's beside your class determines your talent level?

😂😂. In some minds it does. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 04, 2017, 03:07:37 pm
😂😂. In some minds it does. 

On average it's true...but just looking at football where it should be completely true...there are some 6a schools that would struggle to make playoffs in 3a and even 2a...

Moonshiner

But anyone following that mindset strictly would also think that  a good 3A team would be a cupcake to a 5A school.  So if Manila plays Greene County Tech, the folks at GCT would think cream puff?

501Arkansas

If Osceola stays together this season no one in 3a will beat them. They are getting a guard back that can shoot lights out and can jump out the gym. They will also have some size but guard play will be great. Sr  foward Derrell Brown is the best defender on the Noles he can shut anybody down any giving night.

Head Lion

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 05, 2017, 02:34:38 pm
If Osceola stays together this season no one in 3a will beat them. They are getting a guard back that can shoot lights out and can jump out the gym. They will also have some size but guard play will be great. Sr  foward Derrell Brown is the best defender on the Noles he can shut anybody down any giving night.
There is one major word in this statement & it is your first one, IF.

NEA Razorback olfan

Manila always has a tough team, Best of luck to the Lions.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Head Lion on November 05, 2017, 05:20:16 pm
There is one major word in this statement & it is your first one, IF.
Yup your right if is a big one in this Statement.  If they can stau together and play well they'll be dangerous.  Im pretty sure coach wilson will have them ready

Ice Water

Wait a minute. Manila opens up the season with Ridgefield Christian, Crowleys Ridge Academy, and Armorel. I thought they were allergic to cupcakes... err I mean 1A schools.

lostintheweeds

Charleston opens with Lincoln, and the girls have Northside a week later.

Head Lion

Quote from: Ice Water on November 06, 2017, 09:00:11 am
Wait a minute. Manila opens up the season with Ridgefield Christian, Crowleys Ridge Academy, and Armorel. I thought they were allergic to cupcakes... err I mean 1A schools.
We play in a pretty fair blended conference, plus have Jonesboro, Har Ber & Marion on non conference part of schedule.

Hitman Warrior23

Ctown girls are gonna impress allot of people this year!

lostintheweeds

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 06, 2017, 03:01:34 pm
Ctown girls are gonna impress allot of people this year!

I hope you are right, Hitman.  They've been working hard.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: lostintheweeds on November 06, 2017, 03:06:28 pm
I hope you are right, Hitman.  They've been working hard.
Tonight they looked off no doubt.  Curious why he didn't press the team with no guard, (maybe just wanted to work on half court man). But first game of the year (I heard no black and gold game yet) so that's tough on kiddos.  His girl shot good tonight, I know they usually shoot better watched them shoot allot better through the summer. 

MikelB

Quote from: Baller_34 on September 29, 2017, 11:50:49 am
I guess I'm confused I thought Osceola lost some key players?
I didn't think Osceola even made the state tournament last year?

501Arkansas

Quote from: MikelB on November 08, 2017, 09:43:13 am
I didn't think Osceola even made the state tournament last year?
They didnt but this is a new year and they are even better. They are the team to beat this year

tigerblood

You left the real champions out......The TIGAS!!!!

BigLion10

Quote from: tigerblood on November 13, 2017, 02:19:28 pm
You left the real champions out......The TIGAS!!!!
Keep on Dreaming TIGAS!!

MikelB

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 29, 2017, 07:44:18 pm
Lamar will win state this year, boys and girls...Duh
I think Riverside girls will be tough to beat this year. I would bet they make the finals.

zebra73

Quote from: MikelB on November 16, 2017, 10:39:42 am
I think Riverside girls will be tough to beat this year. I would bet they make the finals.
would be nice for the girls and the school

RedWolf275

NEA Razorback olfan

RedWolf275

NEA, what are Brookland girls looking like?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 17, 2017, 09:11:20 pm
NEA, what are Brookland girls looking like?

Work in progress, played CAC and the UConn commit Williams and lost 55-38 tonight

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on October 20, 2017, 07:22:03 pm
ISU, tell em who wins it. You know, The Manila Lions!
Yeah lions will have a legit shot . ;) 8)

Baller_34

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 11, 2017, 02:56:35 am
They didnt but this is a new year and they are even better. They are the team to beat this year

How are they better when the lose their best player and lose a great Coach? Dont tell me the Coach you got is better.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Baller_34 on November 27, 2017, 04:12:53 pm
How are they better when the lose their best player and lose a great Coach? Dont tell me the Coach you got is better.

didn't lose best player

Baller_34

My bad I heard he went to Blytheville

501Arkansas

Quote from: Baller_34 on November 27, 2017, 04:12:53 pm
Mike Caruthers wasn't the best player on osceola team last year if thats the guy you are talking about. Makai Caruthers was and still is by far the best player on this team. Im not saying coach wilson is better than gathen. Wilson is a pretty darn good coach.  Osceola will be fine you'll see.

Baller_34

Don't get your panties tied up bro, just my opinion.

Eaglehawk535

Why did Mike Caruthers leave?? Nobody has ever stated why he left and why his brother stayed? Saw them both at the state tournament in Jessieville a few years back... those boys could hoop

501Arkansas

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on November 28, 2017, 10:43:57 pm
Why did Mike Caruthers leave?? Nobody has ever stated why he left and why his brother stayed? Saw them both at the state tournament in Jessieville a few years back... those boys could hoop
The Caruthers brother has two different moms thats why mike left and makai stayed. Mike also said it was best for him to leave. It was either blytheville or join his buddy at Greene County Tech name Cody Dortch. Wish the best for Mike he is a great ball player

BirdCall

Yall are wild if you are counting out ECS to not win the 3A this year.

Lrbasketballguru

November 29, 2017, 05:34:05 pm #97 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:39:33 pm by Lrbasketballguru
Quote from: BirdCall on November 28, 2017, 11:58:09 pm
Yall are wild if you are counting out ECS to not win the 3A this year.

I don't know. They got blasted at Baptist. Granted, that's a great team with an absolutely phenomenal player, but that hasn't happened in a while. Losing that badly to the big dogs is eye-opening, especially because we've been so competitive against all classifications over the years. This team reminds me a lot of the 2016 team. Coming off very successful seasons, but lost a lot of talent and depth and got blown out in a lot of these type of games. Like that team, height and lack of true post players is a really big issue. But that 2016 team was more talented than this team IMO. The good things is that these guys are young. They lack the experience and overall skill of the other team, but they have potential. So don't count them out, but I wouldn't consider them a favorite yet.

Jimbo Morphis

McGehee is 3-0 with wins over Hamburg, Dumas, and Smackover. Just finishing football that's a pretty good start.

NEA Razorback olfan

Riverside Girls should take it this year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas