• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport greyhounds

Started by Gr3yhounds, December 02, 2016, 11:12:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr3yhounds

I know we lost to prescott but I still want to see what people say about us

RabidWolf

December 02, 2016, 11:36:47 pm #1 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:26:49 am by RabidWolf
Don't take any of the following negatively:

I had a chance to visit with a great Newport family at our Mexican restaurant prior to the game. They were good people who were excited for the game. In the conversation, they said yall haven't seen much, if any, spread it out/no huddle/tempo teams. And it showed. The defense was barely getting set before we'd snap it.

I was impressed with your guys never giving in. And sticking to the game plan. I think the future is bright. I was told you have several young players including the QB

After the game, I overheard a Newport fan saying your qb should have gone to the coach and removed himself from the game because he was only hurting the team and a different qb couldve picked us apart. Idk about all that, but the kid looks lIke a pretty good athlete. It appeared to me that he hasn't been asked to throw much at all, but he's pretty young I believe.  It's tough being pretty one dimensional against a defense like Prescott.

I hope you all had a great trip back, yalls future is sure enough bright and a huge congratulations on making it this far.

texashound

Quote from: RabidWolf on December 02, 2016, 11:36:47 pm

I had a chance to visit with a great Newport family at our Mexican restaurant prior to the game. They were goof people who were excited for the game. In the conversation, they said yall haven't seen much, if any, spread it out/no huddle/tempo teams. And it showed. The defense was barely getting set before we'd snap it.

I was impressed with your guys never giving in. And sticking to the game plan. I think the future is bright. I was told you have several young players including the QB

After the game, I overheard a Newport fan saying your qb should have gone to the coach and removed himself from the game because he was only hurting the team and a different qb couldve picked us apart. Idk about all that, but the kid looks lIke a pretty good athlete. It appeared to me that he hasn't been asked to throw much at all, but he's pretty young I believe.  It's tough being pretty one dimensional against a defense like Prescott.

I hope you all had a great trip back, yalls future is sure enough bright and a huge congratulations on making it this far.

Well said, we were just outclassed tonight plain and simple.

CoolBreeze

I know about the sophomore running back, but how many other key players will be returning next year for the Hounds?

Gr3yhounds

We only had 6 seniors this year

CoolBreeze

sprained ankle

The Hounds lose 1 running back, 1 lineman, and 1 wide receiver that actually play. Every one else is returning.

colts52

Quote from: sprained ankle on December 03, 2016, 12:35:06 pm
The Hounds lose 1 running back, 1 lineman, and 1 wide receiver that actually play. Every one else is returning.

Same with the colts. Should be fun in the 3a-3 next year.

ChucktownTiger

Was hoping to play you guys in WM. Hopefully we can take care of business against the Curley Wolves. Congrats on a great season and it looks like another great year is ahead for Newport. Good Luck!!

Markadomous

I say you guys made the final 4. Great accomplishment. There were many other 3A teams that would have loved to have been playing in December. Great fans great kids and coaches

GrindTime

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 03, 2016, 04:00:04 pm
Was hoping to play you guys in WM. Hopefully we can take care of business against the Curley Wolves. Congrats on a great season and it looks like another great year is ahead for Newport. Good Luck!!
You set yourself up from this one lol,
Where you hoping that so you could avoid my wolves ? ??? Be afraid

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GrindTime on December 03, 2016, 05:52:18 pm
You set yourself up from this one lol,
Where you hoping that so you could avoid my wolves ? ??? Be afraid

I just hate to have to be the ones that cut the wolves season short yet once again.

flow51

The season ends for both Saturday in the rock. One will just be happier than the other. Congrats on both teams making it there!! That in itself is something to be proud of...

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: flow51 on December 03, 2016, 09:46:47 pm
The season ends for both Saturday in the rock. One will just be happier than the other. Congrats on both teams making it there!! That in itself is something to be proud of...

Absolutely....gonna be a fun week and great time Saturday night.

sprained ankle

Quote from: colts52 on December 03, 2016, 01:52:29 pm
Same with the colts. Should be fun in the 3a-3 next year.
If I'm not mistaken Piggott returns most of their squad also.

Lions84

It was great to see the Hounds back in the Hunt.

jay nelvin

Quote from: sprained ankle on December 04, 2016, 04:30:07 pm
If I'm not mistaken Piggott returns most of their squad also.
They only had like 3 seniors, they will make some noise next year.

ISU7

3-3A will be tough next season
Great job Newport. Had fun with y'all FF 🏈posters.

jacosportsfreak

I had a chance to visit with a great Newport family at our Mexican restaurant prior to the game. They were good people who were excited for the game. In the conversation, they said yall haven't seen much, if any, spread it out/no huddle/tempo teams. And it showed. The defense was barely getting set before we'd snap it.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Top10

December 07, 2016, 05:34:33 pm #19 Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:39:00 pm by Top10

The QB is only a sophmore. He made a few mistakes but in a few years, he has a chance to be great. He still has a few things to learn and get smarter with the ball. When he does that, they will be unstoppable.

Top10

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas