• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 A Coach of Year

Started by Pat Swilling, November 30, 2016, 09:50:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Swilling

My Vote    Tim Rogers - Fordyce, Mark Hindsley - Newport, Tommy Cody - Atkins, Chris Nortan - LV (my #1 choice)

STUNNA

How did lake village do this year?

GrindTime

Quote from: STUNNA on November 30, 2016, 10:13:14 am
Did pretty well they made the playoffs just had a bad draw by having to play prescott 1st round.

Hgalum50

Quote from: STUNNA on November 30, 2016, 10:13:14 am
Made the playoffs for the first time since God knows when!

STUNNA

November 30, 2016, 10:56:14 am #4 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:49:32 am by STUNNA
I graduated with Norton!!! Good guy.. from a community that knows about success... glad to see he is turning lake village around!!!

BAMA#16

I would say Piggott head coach.

strongandsteady

Jimbo Morphis

Mt View or Eudora-Lake Village coach.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Oldman on November 30, 2016, 01:19:12 pm
Mt View or Eudora-Lake Village coach.

We could ask old Jeff but he seems to have vanished  ???

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dr. Defense on November 30, 2016, 01:20:36 pm
[/quote
Quote from: Dr. Defense on November 30, 2016, 01:20:36 pm
New President took his phone.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Oldman on November 30, 2016, 01:21:46 pm
New President took his phone.

+1 Oldman actually laughed out loud

Red Devil Dad

I will be a homer and say Tommy Cody at Atkins. He may not have gotten to WM or the  semi's but Atkins had their best year since 2003. Preseason they were picked to finish 4th in conference.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 30, 2016, 01:54:28 pm
I will be a homer and say Tommy Cody at Atkins. He may not have gotten to WM or the  semi's but Atkins had their best year since 2003. Preseason they were picked to finish 4th in conference.
You are the only homer on the entire 3a board.

sprained ankle

Mark Hindsley---Newport
From 2-8 to 11-2 His team is in the semi finals with the chance to advance. He has changed the culture for the student athletes in Newport.

Monsta

Not to Be Biased Here But Coach Carpenter Junction City

Wonderdog

Quote from: Monsta on November 30, 2016, 08:40:24 pm
Not to Be Biased Here But Coach Carpenter Junction City
No offense to Coach Carpenter, because I have an unbelievable amount of respect for that man, but there has been better stories this year in 3A. Piggott, Newport and Lake Village in particular.

ISU7

December 01, 2016, 05:15:14 am #16 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:30:11 am by ISU7
Quote from: Wonderdog on November 30, 2016, 09:23:06 pm
No offense to Coach Carpenter, because I have an unbelievable amount of respect for that man, but there has been better stories this year in 3A. Piggott, Newport and Lake Village in particular.
So a team that moved down from 4A with a 2-8 record but has a winning record  in 3A makes for a better story than a team that moved up from 2A only losses were  to four #1seeds one being 2A England who  hammered 4A playoff team Hamburg. JC  advanced to the 2nd rd of the 3A playoffs. Newport moved down in classification , Junction moved up. Crest beat Newport 24-20 at Crest. Newport fans cried Crest cheated.  Crest beat JC 14-13 in a playoff game at Crest. JC fans showed a lot of class and respect.  Hmmmmm. No brainer. 😷😎

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2016, 05:15:14 am
So a team that moved down from 4A with a 2-8 record but has a winning record  in 3A makes for a better story than a team that moved up from 2A only losses were  to four #1seeds one being 2A England who  hammered 4A playoff team Hamburg. JC  advanced to the 2nd rd of the 3A playoffs. Newport moved down in classification , Junction moved up. Crest beat Newport 24-20 at Crest. Newport fans cried Crest cheated.  Crest beat JC 14-13 in a playoff game at Crest. JC fans showed a lot of class and respect.  Hmmmmm. No brainer. 😷😎
In my opinion the coach of the year is more of a shock. Someone who took a team and surprised everyone. Junction City had a disappointing year for their program, that is a compliment. They are good every year. No way coach Carpenter gets it at 8-4. Probably wouldn't want it. 

thedirtye

If Prescott wins the title I say it goes to Poole. First of his career and first at Prescott in 21 seasons

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on December 01, 2016, 08:07:50 am
In my opinion the coach of the year is more of a shock. Someone who took a team and surprised everyone. Junction City had a disappointing year for their program, that is a compliment. They are good every year. No way coach Carpenter gets it at 8-4. Probably wouldn't want it.
JC only loss to two 3A schools both were in the final 8 Not bad for a school that moved up this season.  They could've easily been 1-9😱😷😎

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on December 05, 2016, 07:07:05 am
JC only loss to two 3A schools both were in the final 8 Not bad for a school that moved up this season.  They could've easily been 1-9😱😷😎
All 4 of JC's losses were to schools 3A size or smaller, which provides zero justification for excluding 2 of them from consideration in evaluating the success of their 1st season in 3A.

sprained ankle

Mark Hindsley--- Newport 3-3a Coach Of the Year

unleasheddad

Maybe Kendrick from Charleston? Back in the Championships again. Hard to beat that, especially if they win it again.

thedirtye

Now he can win it
Quote from: thedirtye on December 05, 2016, 12:31:47 am
If Prescott wins the title I say it goes to Poole. First of his career and first at Prescott in 21 seasons

CoolBreeze

Williebe147

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 30, 2016, 09:50:00 am
My Vote    Tim Rogers - Fordyce, Mark Hindsley - Newport, Tommy Cody - Atkins, Chris Nortan - LV (my #1 choice)
Could add Randy Johnston of Bald Knob.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas