• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff numbers...

Started by flow51, November 26, 2016, 07:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flow51

AVERAGES     PF      PA

Charleston.... 27....  8.5

Glenrose ..... 35.6... 15.3

Prescott ...... 45 ..... 23

Newport ..... 25.6 ... 12

Not saying they mean much but there for you to see. Elaborate if you want....

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston starting defense thru 2 games have gave up 10 points.

flow51

I'm sure the others have had points scored against their non-starters too. Just averaging off what I have to go by...

adaptedtigerfan

flow51

Look man Yall held a mediocre team scoreless and kept yourselves out of the end zone but put up 9. Played a beaten up Centerpoint team and looked like you should have looked. We will see how those mighty tigers show up against talented team.

adaptedtigerfan

No need to get all defensive just because I "agreed" with you.

The Dynasty

Quote from: flow51 on November 26, 2016, 09:27:37 pm
Look man Yall held a mediocre team scoreless and kept yourselves out of the end zone but put up 9. Played a beaten up Centerpoint team and looked like you should have looked. We will see how those mighty tigers show up against talented team.

1). Centerpoint was beaten up? They had all the players that beat Bald Knob. Now if you are saying they were beaten up during the game that's a different story. We pounded them physically which is what we have done 12 games straight this year.

2) The Smackover game wasn't anything for us to brag about offensively. We dominated on the other side of the ball. Don't forget that the Buckaroos beat Fouke 41-0.

3) For a mediocre team there sure were a lot of folks from the 5-3A that said we would struggle big time with the team that gave Glen Rose and Prescott all they wanted.

4) Folks can keep doubting this D all they want. They will be believers after they step off the field with them. That 5-3A team we played Friday hadn't been hit like that all year and you could tell.

SR30

To hear dynasty talk you would think he was down in the trenches playing

strongandsteady

Exactly when did CP QB go down?

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 05:43:26 pm

You want to elaborate on any of those points or just flap your gums?

The Dynasty

SR30

Hey garbageman.. so glad to see you again

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 06:15:03 pm
Hey garbageman.. so glad to see you again

I figured you chose to just flap your gums.

flow51

November 27, 2016, 07:19:29 pm #13 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:29:20 pm by flow51
The mediocre team I was referring to was Smackover. They have been inconsistent all year. Nothing bad against smack but I'm sure PB would agree. And yes I believe CP was beaten up. QB was not 100% but that's not the Tigers fault. I'm sure they would have put more points on the board with a healthy QB. And for heavens sake Im not doubting the Tigers "D". Heck all you have to do is get on a Charleston thread and read about how great they are and how no team can do anything against them. I mean heck should we just crown them now?? Should I say " order the rings?"

The Dynasty

Quote from: flow51 on November 27, 2016, 07:19:29 pm
The mediocre team I was referring to was Smackover. They have been inconsistent all year. Nothing bad against smack but I'm sure PB would agree. And yes I believe CP was beaten up. QB was not 100% but that's not the Tigers fault. I'm sure they would have put more points on the board with a healthy QB. And for heavens sake Im not doubting the Tigers "D". Heck all you have to do is get on a Charleston thread and read about how great they are and how no team can do anything against them. I mean heck should we just crown them now?? Should I say " order the rings?"

Don't order the rings. We still have a long way to go. One game at a time.

Smackover was the most athletic team we played all year. Really don't know how they lost 5 games.

I do want to say Centerpoints backup QB was pretty salty. I know Owens was a stud but they have a good one to plug in for him the next couple of years.

Let me clear this up. I never said we will stop every team we play. I said we have up until this point. We will have are biggest test of the year Friday night. We've answered the call so far. I think they will again.

flow51

Glad you've come back to earth... I'm sure smack was athletic but they lost 5 games because they were inconsistent. If they were the most athletic team Yall have faced I'm sure that your defense does look outstanding. You will have a test this Friday to grade them off of... Most athletic team to date for the Tigers.

The Dynasty

Quote from: flow51 on November 27, 2016, 08:17:12 pm
Glad you've come back to earth... I'm sure smack was athletic but they lost 5 games because they were inconsistent. If they were the most athletic team Yall have faced I'm sure that your defense does look outstanding. You will have a test this Friday to grade them off of... Most athletic team to date for the Tigers.

But everyone said Centerpoint was the test. What gives?

Not that anyone cares. These boys will do the same thing they've done all year.

Show up.

Shut them down

On to the next.

They will get the respect they deserve if they hoist the trophy in two weeks.

SR30

And say it's another team hoisting that trophy..what will your excuse be?

flow51

November 27, 2016, 08:36:56 pm #18 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:38:48 pm by flow51
Quote from: The Dynasty on November 27, 2016, 08:29:04 pm
They will get the respect they deserve if they hoist the trophy in two weeks.

It's the semis... All 4 teams are here for a reason. I completely agree with that statement.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 08:32:41 pm
And say it's another team hoisting that trophy..what will your excuse be?

No excuses.

No ref punching.

Just a tip of the cap to a dang good team because that's what it's going to take to beat the Tigers.

SR30

And back to the days past you must go. If you want to speak of the past then you must  mention how glen rose loves to play at Charleston

strongandsteady

Only thing I see Glen Rose having a problem with is number 81! That's who exposed Centerpoint I see

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 08:54:38 pm
And back to the days past you must go. If you want to speak of the past then you must  mention how glen rose loves to play at Charleston

No question about it. Never denied it.

The Dynasty

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 27, 2016, 08:58:01 pm
Only thing I see Glen Rose having a problem with is number 81! That's who exposed Centerpoint I see

They will be in for a long night if they think the same way.

athletic supporter

#81 will be the most explosive offensive player the Beavers will have seen this year. Focus all your attention on him and someone else will step up. I hate Charleston as much as the next person but they are balanced and extremely good

SR30

That's what GR heard about the rivercrest RB... didn't phase them at all

Boomer

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 27, 2016, 09:09:29 pm
They will be in for a long night if they think the same way.
Is Flanagan #81?? Heard nothing but good things about him

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 07:21:28 am
That's what GR heard about the rivercrest RB... didn't phase them at all

The difference is Rivercrest is one dimensional.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Boomer on November 28, 2016, 08:24:50 am
Is Flanagan #81?? Heard nothing but good things about him

That's him. 224 yards and 4 TD's in the second quarter against Centerpoint.

Boomer

Seen some highlights.... the kid can go!

The Dynasty

Quote from: Boomer on November 28, 2016, 08:38:27 am
Seen some highlights.... the kid can go!

He's a game changer for sure.

Boomer

That's what's gonna make this game so interesting to watch. Unlike previous years, the GR secondary is tall, fast, and can actually cover people. They were able to run with Prescott which very rarely happens. It's gonna be a test though because 81 might be the best player they have seen.

SR30

I do agree on having to shut 81 down to win the game. But like dynasty and others said GR can't forget the rest of the team as well. Must play excellent assignment football.

flow51

Quote from: Boomer on November 28, 2016, 08:50:04 am
That's what's gonna make this game so interesting to watch. Unlike previous years, the GR secondary is tall, fast, and can actually cover people. They were able to run with Prescott which very rarely happens. It's gonna be a test though because 81 might be the best player they have seen.

Lol... I'm gonna leave that alone.

Boomer

Run well enough that big plays were not an issue for the most part. When you run 4 verticles 15 times on offense and cant hit a big play I'd say they can run well. GR is not as fast as Prescott by any means. They do run well enough in the secondary that they wouldn't have to drop 4 to avoid getting burned. Which Prescott has done to them often through the years.

KingFootball

Hey Dynasty, I think QueenFootall and I are gonna load the RV and head to Charleston Friday. Are there any fine dining establishments we should partake in before witnessing the butt whooping that takes place that night?

The Dynasty

Quote from: KingFootball on November 28, 2016, 11:38:27 am
Hey Dynasty, I think QueenFootall and I are gonna load the RV and head to Charleston Friday. Are there any fine dining establishments we should partake in before witnessing the butt whooping that takes place that night?

Mainstreet BBQ is good. Del Sol Mexican is also very good. Then you have Dairy Diner, Simple Simons Pizza and don't forget you can get a Chik-fila sandwhich at the game.

Who do you presume will be doing the butt kicking?

This is no joke, someone from Centerpoint parked an RV down by the endzone Friday. It was pretty awesome.

KingFootball

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 11:45:50 am
Mainstreet BBQ is good. Del Sol Mexican is also very good. Then you have Dairy Diner, Simple Simons Pizza and don't forget you can get a Chik-fila sandwhich at the game.

Who do you presume will be doing the butt kicking?

This is no joke, someone from Centerpoint parked an RV down by the endzone Friday. It was pretty awesome.
All those sound quite appetizing for sure. We may park the ole RV and grill up some steaks and the wife likes her some shrimp skewers.  Knock down some cold ones and get ready for some semi-final football.  And as far as the butt whooping goes, does anyone outside of GR like GR?  I'm no Tiger fan but I'm hoping they punish GR all night.   
So there's room for the RV in the end zone?  Might have to do that.  I'm retired so I have all day. 

adaptedtigerfan

Hey King.  There are RV hook up down at the city lake.  Hooker up down there and AL and myself will pick u guys up on our way to the game.

adaptedtigerfan

Also, if you hook up out there you can prob hear Dynasty picking that banja from his little shack out by the lake.

The Dynasty

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 28, 2016, 02:02:43 pm
Also, if you hook up out there you can prob hear Dynasty picking that banja from his little shack out by the lake.

That is a possibility!!!!

adaptedtigerfan

I love to hear me some banja

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 05:43:26 pm

He's close to the action and has been known to try and slip in the action a time or two!

The Dynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 28, 2016, 02:28:50 pm
He's close to the action and has been known to try and slip in the action a time or two!

8)

adaptedtigerfan

Haha that's funny right there

YC

All this lacks is for Nasty and CT to start talking about shovelin chicken poo.

I tried to write a ode to chicken poo but I never could get it to flow just right and decided to just give up on it. Instead I will relate a story told to me by a local lumber yard operator.

Seems CT came into his establishment one day and asked for a dozen 4x2's. The lumber yard operator (having a little fun out of him) asked him didn't he want 2x4's. CT replied "let me go ask Nasty. He is out in the truck and he is really, really smart. He went to school at Boone'vul and knows everything". When he returned he stated "you are right. Nasty says we want 2x4's". The operator then asked him, how long do you want them. CT replied "let me go ask Nasty. He is out in the truck and he is really, really smart. He went to school at Boone'vul and knows everything".  In few minutes he came back in and said "Nasty says we want them for a long time, we gonna use them to build a chicken coop".   

KingFootball

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 28, 2016, 02:02:43 pm
Dinner, entertainment, and a lake front view??   That's hospitality right there.  The Queen will really like that set up. 

nastynice

November 28, 2016, 03:49:50 pm #47 Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:52:15 pm by nastynice
That's funny IofthaTiger!😂  CT and I get made fun of a lot about chickens but we like it. There's  another Chicken farmer on here too with a boy on the team.  Plus Gold45 don't forget about her. 🐣🐓🐔

CoolBreeze

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 08:26:16 am
The difference is Rivercrest is one dimensional.
+1

You beat me to it Dynasty. Except I was going to say it this way: Charleston is not one-dimensional.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 08:34:17 am
That's him. 224 yards and 4 TD's in the second quarter against Centerpoint.
That's some quarter!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas