• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport @ Prescott

Started by WorkOrder, November 26, 2016, 12:00:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

reddiefoozball

Prescott seems to always find a way to mess up their run deep in the playoffs, but if a normal curley wolf team shows up friday i got Prescott in a blowout.

Captain Oblivion

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 01:19:55 pm
Prescott seems to always find a way to mess up their run deep in the playoffs, but if a normal curley wolf team shows up friday i got Prescott in a blowout.
It's called getting beat... It happens to someone every week.

reddiefoozball

Quote from: Captain Oblivion on November 28, 2016, 01:49:34 pm
It's called getting beat... It happens to someone every week.

yep, and they do that well when playoff time arrives.

GrindTime

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 01:55:40 pm
yep, and they do that well when playoff time arrives.
You can clearly see this is a diff team than from the previous years stop speaking on the past let's speak on now we have a prescott team that's rolling doesn't seem to be slowing down so we shall see what happens Friday night If they get beat it's simply because the other team was better .

reddiefoozball

Quote from: GrindTime on November 28, 2016, 02:29:33 pm
You can clearly see this is a diff team than from the previous years stop speaking on the past let's speak on now we have a prescott team that's rolling doesn't seem to be slowing down so we shall see what happens Friday night If they get beat it's simply because the other team was better .

you guys should be winning it all or at least making it to the rock year in and your out. no other team can compare match ups across the board with you guys. blows my mind.

GrindTime

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 02:39:07 pm
you guys should be winning it all or at least making it to the rock year in and your out. no other team can compare match ups across the board with you guys. blows my mind.
I agree , but 1.) last year Harding was just a great team and I feel prescott under estimated them I'm sure all the Sr's this year remember that loss in the semi's so they know what the semi's feel like and want to go farther
2.) Prescott is tough to beat at home!

reddiefoozball

Quote from: GrindTime on November 28, 2016, 02:44:36 pm
I agree , but 1.) last year Harding was just a great team and I feel prescott under estimated them I'm sure all the Sr's this year remember that loss in the semi's so they know what the semi's feel like and want to go farther
2.) Prescott is tough to beat at home!

very true, i hope you guys get it done this week. The final will be a great one to see as well no matter who wins between GR/Chucktown.

Carljung

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 02:39:07 pm
You know nothing about Prescott...I always hear about their speed yet I can't remember the last time they had a winner in the 100 or 200... I also can't think of a time they won the weight lifting contest...or the last time they won a quiz bowl...so what I'm trying to say is just because you "think" Prescott has athletes all over the field shows you don't know much. What baffles me is all the good linemen that Glen Rose has and they aren't near as good as they should be...not to mention the college running backs they produced in the past. ::)

strongandsteady

Where did Carlos Burton play college ball?

PermaBan

Is Newport streaming the game?

HOUND15

Quote from: PermaBan on November 28, 2016, 06:35:37 pm
Is Newport streaming the game?
They replay the games on cable15.com or play on the radio. They also broadcast on some app. Not real sure what is it is. I'm Typically at the games.

born_n_da_P

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 03:45:13 pm
You know nothing about Prescott...I always hear about their speed yet I can't remember the last time they had a winner in the 100 or 200... I also can't think of a time they won the weight lifting contest...or the last time they won a quiz bowl...so what I'm trying to say is just because you "think" Prescott has athletes all over the field shows you don't know much. What baffles me is all the good linemen that Glen Rose has and they aren't near as good as they should be...not to mention the college running backs they produced in the past. ::)

Athlete: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina...do not see you have to WIN to be an athlete...IJS

flow51

November 28, 2016, 07:21:06 pm #62 Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:27:03 pm by flow51
Quote from: HOUND15 on November 28, 2016, 06:41:51 pm
They replay the games on cable15.com or play on the radio. They also broadcast on some app. Not real sure what is it is. I'm Typically at the games.

Radio play by play on Sudbury Radio Sports App

Carljung

Newport is a solid team. They are deceptively good on offense and their d is solid. They have speed speed and more speed. Probably more overall team speed than Prescott. Newport is one dimensional which could be their downfall imo. If Flynn is healthy for Prescott and is able to run that could cause a lot of problems for Newport.

SR30

Only way I see this game go newports way is if prescott gets cold and starts thinking about basketball.. somehow I just don't see that happening .. they make it to the Rock this year

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 09:30:07 pm
Newport is a solid team. They are deceptively good on offense and their d is solid. They have speed speed and more speed. Probably more overall team speed than Prescott. Newport is one dimensional which could be their downfall imo. If Flynn is healthy for Prescott and is able to run that could cause a lot of problems for Newport.
Your right about Flynn. He is dangerous and so hard to stop because he can run and throw equally well. Very hard to stop Prescott 's offense because of that reason.Vanhook and Pearson are hard to stop also.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 09:30:07 pm
Didn't I see somewhere that their quarterback passed for over a thousand yards? To go with two running backs with a thousand yards plus each? Doesn't sound one-dimensional to me.

Longfellow

1000 yards in 13 games isn't that impressive. That's an average of like 80 yards per game

Carljung

Quote from: Longfellow on November 28, 2016, 10:31:37 pm
1000 yards in 13 games isn't that impressive. That's an average of like 80 yards per game
LOL...exactly what I was thinking

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Longfellow on November 28, 2016, 10:31:37 pm
Actual figures according to MaxPreps:

QB Forrester No. 16 1299 yards passing, which averages out to more than 90 yards per game.
RB Neal No. 6 1254 yards rushing
RB Ellis No. 1 1170 yards rushing

Perhaps, the number of passing yards per game is not impressive, but it sure seems like enough to establish that the team is not one-dimensional.

BAMA#16

Wolves take this one, but very close, the last four teams standing do something good and consistent on offense and defense to make it this far.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 28, 2016, 04:04:42 pm
Where did Carlos Burton play college ball?

I don't think anywhere after the car accident. Dee Goldie would be able to speak more on that.

reddiefoozball

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 03:45:13 pm

I'm trying to figure out these "college" running backs you speak of that have came out of there? i can only think of one. As for the good linemen, yes they do always have great linemen. With a bunch of average athletes across the board at skill positions they usually resort to the ground game. btw, i won't bring up the numerous track state championships the curley wolves have brought home lately, thanks for your input though.

SR30

GR has had several "college worthy" running backs over the last several years. Maybe not D1 backs but several who could have easily played D2. However for one reason or another their life course changed after their Sr season and this did not happen. This is the same to be said about several other players and positions who simply decided they had played enough football while at GR and chose not to move on to college.

SR30

Now let's move over to the GR thread so Newport and Prescott can continue their trash talk to each other. This is thier thread

HOUND15

Quote from: SR30 on November 29, 2016, 05:16:39 am
Now let's move over to the GR thread so Newport and Prescott can continue their trash talk to each other. This is thier thread

+1

jacosportsfreak

You only focus on those three, and you're missing the one that's going to hurt you.

quote author=CoolBreeze link=topic=150015.msg3427787#msg3427787 date=1480394465]

QB Forrester No. 16 1299 yards passing, which averages out to more than 90 yards per game.

Perhaps, the number of passing yards per game is not impressive, but it sure seems like enough to establish that the team is not one-dimensional.
[/quote]

Danold Dump

Save the typing folks ....Prescott wins this one.  We all know it.  When I finish my interviews this week I will probably fly down for this one....Dump says curleywolves all the way.
Prescott 35
Newport 14

Gr3yhounds

Prescott if a very good team if Newport's come in with there head full of steam and are ready to go and bring it the first play to the last play it will be a great game. I am really uncertain about this but I'm saying newport wins in an upset i know i will get ridiculed for this but i am pushing for the Hounds with a slim victory. 41-35

ChucktownTiger

I'd like to see Newport pull this one out. I just think Prescott will be to much. May be kinda like the Newport Atkins game. Close for a while and then the better team outlast and pulls away.

Redbug Loyal

Question about #7 from Prescott.  Didn't see him against us, does anyone know why?

jay nelvin

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on November 29, 2016, 08:34:27 am
Question about #7 from Prescott.  Didn't see him against us, does anyone know why?
Got kicked off the team during the Piggott week.  Absolute monster on D, and powerful running back.  Wish we had him this Friday.

jay nelvin

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on November 29, 2016, 06:47:07 am
You only focus on those three, and you're missing the one that's

quote author=CoolBreeze link=topic=150015.msg3427787#msg3427787 date=1480394465]

Nobody from Prescott is overlooking Broadus.

flow51

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 29, 2016, 08:48:40 am
Nobody from Prescott is overlooking Broadus.

+1.  We see #44 back there...

Chicken18

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 28, 2016, 09:41:07 pm
Your right about Flynn. He is dangerous and so hard to stop because he can run and throw equally well. Very hard to stop Prescott 's offense because of that reason.Vanhook and Pearson are hard to stop also.
Flynn can throw the ball very well,spot on thrower. Cox #13 of Prescott and Pearson #9 of Prescott ARe the top receivers on the team right now, and they are gonna be a factor for Prescott's offense next year.

sickwillie

strongandsteady

Quote from: Chicken18 on November 29, 2016, 09:28:24 am
Flynn can throw the ball very well,spot on thrower. Cox #13 of Prescott and Pearson #9 of Prescott ARe the top receivers on the team right now, and they are gonna be a factor for Prescott's offense next year.
Why are you talking about next year when we are heading into the semi finals this Friday. All spring and summer people cant wait for football season and now we're this deep into the season and you're talking about next year. I can tell this week is going to drag....

Chicken18

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 29, 2016, 10:17:18 am
Why are you talking about next year when we are heading into the semi finals this Friday. All spring and summer people cant wait for football season and now we're this deep into the season and you're talking about next year. I can tell this week is going to drag....
You are right. I was just stating facts.

Gr3yhounds

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 29, 2016, 08:14:34 am
I'd like to see Newport pull this one out. I just think Prescott will be to much. May be kinda like the Newport Atkins game. Close for a while and then the better team outlast and pulls away.
+1

reddiefoozball

Quote from: Chicken18 on November 29, 2016, 09:28:24 am

is flynn a senior?

Leo Marvin

Judging by the predictions, no reason to even play this game.  Might as well give the game to Prescott and save Newport gas and time.  If Newport wasn't feeling disrespected, they should be now.

KOJACK

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 29, 2016, 04:31:02 pm
Judging by the predictions, no reason to even play this game.  Might as well give the game to Prescott and save Newport gas and time.  If Newport wasn't feeling disrespected, they should be now.
Yes, because the fans on fearless are the voice of the Curley Wolves... ::)

The Dynasty

If Newport keeps plays in front of them on D they have a shot.

jay nelvin

Newport has this Prescott fan's respect.  I have watched enough film on them to know they are legit, especially their defense.  I think this game could go either way, and I believe it is going to be an absolute battle on Friday night.

Carljung

And everyone from Newport predicting the hounds to win...that's the way this works. But hey I understand y'all wanting to take the underdog role.

Wolfpack

Trust me the Wolves are not looking past Newport, and all Wolf fans are passionate about our team, just as much as Newport fans are. So don't think for a moment we are saying that Newport should not  play the game. Only fans supporting. I've watched film on them and they are legit . They have won on the road through out the playoffs, so that's something to recon with. But they Wolves have battled all season long, so believe me they are not going to stop Friday. They will be fined tuned for this one!!! Go Wolves Go!!!

Heisman Pose

HeadBussa08

34-19 Curley Wolves! That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas