• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport @ Prescott

Started by WorkOrder, November 26, 2016, 12:00:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeLee

Quote from: GrindTime on November 28, 2016, 02:44:36 pm
I agree , but 1.) last year Harding was just a great team and I feel prescott under estimated them I'm sure all the Sr's this year remember that loss in the semi's so they know what the semi's feel like and want to go farther
2.) Prescott is tough to beat at home!

BAMA#16

Quote from: TeeLee on November 30, 2016, 12:50:04 am

I would love for both of us to win our semifinal matchup, I think everyone in the state wants to see these two to finally hook up.

ToughGuy91

Great chance for it to happen.

BAMA#16

Quote from: ToughGuy91 on November 30, 2016, 11:02:13 am
Great chance for it to happen.
Two storied programs, but got to take care of business first.

Hound father

Newport has the tradition to it just has been a bit since they have been this far. Hope to have a great physical game may the better team pull out the win. Friday can't get here fast enough.

Gr3yhounds

This game is going to be an uphill battle for both teams if you think its going to be easy for either team its gonna be a hard fight all the way through.

BAMA#16

Quote from: Hound father on November 30, 2016, 11:25:51 am
Newport has the tradition to it just has been a bit since they have been this far. Hope to have a great physical game may the better team pull out the win. Friday can't get here fast enough.
Agreed Hound Father, Newport is rich in tradition, this is an epic final four, they will all battle it out to claim state!!!!

whippersnapper

From my sources these 2 schools have never crossed paths. Newport has always been a class or 2 up.

iceman

Prescott is no surprise being here but just like that upset last year they manage to fall short when the pressure comes, Prescott has had some great teams in the past few years but never really did anything, im hoping to see that change friday night

nastynice

Preskitt will choke this week or next. They won't win it all. They are an accident waiting to happen.
Hide and watch!

KOJACK

November 30, 2016, 01:25:18 pm #110 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:27:37 pm by KOJACK
Quote from: nastynice on November 30, 2016, 01:11:24 pm
Preskitt will choke this week or next. They won't win it all. They are an accident waiting to happen.
Hide and watch!
How's basketball going?

nastynice

Looks like I got a bite! And a hard one at that!

I knew I could count on you Kojack.  ;D

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on November 30, 2016, 01:28:51 pm
Looks like I got a bite! And a hard one at that!

I knew I could count on you Kojack.  ;D
No seriously, how's basketball going?

nastynice

GrindTime

CoolBreeze

Quote from: iceman on November 30, 2016, 12:18:36 pm
Prescott is no surprise being here but just like that upset last year they manage to fall short when the pressure comes, Prescott has had some great teams in the past few years but never really did anything, im hoping to see that change friday night
Could that be because the exalted 5-3A may not be equal to all the hype?

jay nelvin

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 30, 2016, 04:31:52 pm
Could that be because the exalted 5-3A may not be equal to all the hype?
4 teams past the first round (very close to all 5), 3 teams in the final 8, and 2 in the final 4...I would say that's pretty good!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 30, 2016, 04:44:51 pm
4 teams past the first round (very close to all 5), 3 teams in the final 8, and 2 in the final 4...I would say that's pretty good!
Yeah but 3 of the 5 played teams from the all-powerful 1-3A. Chuck's 2nd string could probably have beaten 2 out of 3. [For the record: I'm not a Tiger fan.]

TeeLee

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 30, 2016, 04:54:58 pm
Yeah but 3 of the 5 played teams from the all-powerful 1-3A. Chuck's 2nd string could probably have beaten 2 out of 3. [For the record: I'm not a Tiger fan.]

sounds like you could be a Tiger fan if you worked on it a little harder.  ::)

jay nelvin

Yeah, okay...

Wolfpack

Well it's getting closer to game time. One day and a wake-up. Looking  forward to a great game. I was wondering how well do Newport Fans travel with their team? Hope the stadium is packed for this one! I know the Wolf fans will be in the house. If Lords will hope to see everyone in the House Friday night. Everyone I pray for your traveling grace to and from. We Must Protect This House(WOLF DEN). No Turning back now!!! Wolf Pride!!!

HeadBussa08

I wonder if you actually read what you type before posting.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 01:55:40 pm
yep, and they do that well when playoff time arrives.
yep they lose so much in the playoffs they hold one of the best Playoff Winning Percentages and Playoff records in entire state of Arkansas. Nice Joke thou L o L. Ironic someone with reddiefoozball as a name wants to talk about wins in the playoffs.

TeeLee

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 30, 2016, 06:03:50 pm
I wonder if you actually read what you type before posting.

If he's just confused, leave him alone, I like him that way.  ;D

whippersnapper

Newport traveled pretty well to Atkins on the holiday break. Filled the stands up and had plenty of people standing to watch on the fence.

pylon2pylon

Here is my assessment for this matchup.

Newport's defense has been a championship caliber defense this season. It has somewhat shadowed the offense, but in reality the hounds can pound it like nobody's business. And this week will be no different. This is type of offense has troublesome for everybody thus far. Teams seem to wear down physically in the 2nd half against the hounds. It has alot to do with the physicality they play the game with.

As for Prescott...they are a very solid group. Not discounting them AT ALL! However,  If the hounds lay some of that wood to the qb, Prescott will collapse. Newport's offense can chip away just enough to get by in this one.

Hounds Roll 37-28.

strongandsteady

Taking notes as I read that post...

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: pylon2pylon on November 30, 2016, 07:44:27 pm

Newport's defense has been a championship caliber defense this season. It has somewhat shadowed the offense, but in reality the hounds can pound it like nobody's business. And this week will be no different. This is type of offense has troublesome for everybody thus far. Teams seem to wear down physically in the 2nd half against the hounds. It has alot to do with the physicality they play the game with.

As for Prescott...they are a very solid group. Not discounting them AT ALL! However,  If the hounds lay some of that wood to the qb, Prescott will collapse. Newport's offense can chip away just enough to get by in this one.

Hounds Roll 37-28.
1) I'll be surprised if Newport gets to him the way our Oline has been playing. Flynn can escape even if the rush gets to him.
2) I'll be even more surprised if Newport scores 37.

Curleywolf Fan

Hounds Roll 37-28.
You will be lucky to sack him because if he feels pressure he will run with it. That's what makes him so dangerous he can burn you running it or throwing it. Pick your poison.

HeadBussa08

Hounds Roll 37-28.
your going to see a Physical Defense like you haven't all year and going to face a Qb that has no problem knocking your head off. lol

Markadomous

I can promise Hounds won't score 37 on this D. After watching film  Mr. Vanhook will run wild come Friday nite. Go Curley Wolves. Fast fact. This is Prescotts 18th trip to the final4. 4 state championships. 5 state runner ups. Our tailback Carlos Vanhooks dad was a linebacker on the 1995 state championship team. His grandfather Randolph Vanhook was the nose guard on the 1972 and 1973 state championship teams. Carlos Sr. and grandpa will be in the stands Friday night watching Jr trying to be a third generation state champion.

Skip

Quote from: Markadomous on November 30, 2016, 09:53:31 pm
I can promise Hounds won't score 37 on this D. After watching film  Mr. Vanhook will run wild come Friday nite. Go Curley Wolves. Fast fact. This is Prescotts 18th trip to the final4. 4 state championships. 5 state runner ups. Our tailback Carlos Vanhooks dad was a linebacker on the 1995 state championship team. His grandfather Randolph Vanhook was the nose guard on the 1972 and 1973 state championship teams. Carlos Sr. and grandpa will be in the stands Friday night watching Jr trying to be a third generation state champion.
Yea his Uncle was the RB on the 75 Championship team , and another Uncle was a LB on 95 team. 

jay nelvin

Quote from: Skip on November 30, 2016, 10:24:33 pm
Yea his Uncle was the RB on the 75 Championship team , and another Uncle was a LB on 95 team.
That 95 D was nasty! 

Skip

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 30, 2016, 10:30:54 pm
That 95 D was nasty!
That was the team that had to beat Nashville for a 2nd time in the State Championship game beating them in the regular season also for the distric Championship. Prescott went 15-0-1 that year.

Skip

Beat them 28-13 in regular season and 14-8 in the championship

ISU7

December 01, 2016, 04:57:15 am #136 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:59:02 am by ISU7
Quote from: KOJACK on November 30, 2016, 01:25:18 pm
How's basketball going?
Hey buddy you owe me a sideline pass at WMS. you know we supposed to have been across from each other last season.  So y'all win Imma wear  my Curly Wolves hoodie and hat. I wore the hoodie under my Iowa State jacket last season in the semifinals vs #1Smackover in Eldorado.  I guess it was the Colts lucky charm.lol good luck Friday night.

jay nelvin

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 30, 2016, 10:43:06 pm
That was the team that had to beat Nashville for a 2nd time in the State Championship game beating them in the regular season also for the distric Championship. Prescott went 15-0-1 that year.
14-0-1 actually.

KOJACK

Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2016, 04:57:15 am
Hey buddy you owe me a sideline pass at WMS. you know we supposed to have been across from each other last season.  So y'all win Imma wear  my Curly Wolves hoodie and hat. I wore the hoodie under my Iowa State jacket last season in the semifinals vs #1Smackover in Eldorado.  I guess it was the Colts lucky charm.lol good luck Friday night.
Lol... I just hope we play well against them hounds... They are solid my friend, but you already knew that.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: jay nelvin on December 01, 2016, 06:54:53 am
14-0-1 actually.
Thanks my memory is fading a little as the years go by. Lol

Postman

Quote from: Markadomous on November 30, 2016, 09:53:31 pm

That's an interesting fact about the Vanhook family.  While I did know that, it hadn't crossed my mind until you posted it. It's a true testament to the family's character and athleticism.  Here's to hoping Vanhook Jr can be a 3rd generation Curley Wolf state champion.

Gr3yhounds

Presscotts quarterback is dang good i will say he is fast and accurate but all I've been hearing is how great Prescott is they are a good team all the teams in the final 4 are good and it will be a dog fight in the end. All teams are here for a reason and yo can't overlook everything I'm looking for the Hounds in an upset and by i've been looking at this thread since the week began and i think I'm the only person thinking the hours are going to pull this one out.

KOJACK

December 01, 2016, 09:35:18 am #142 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:37:54 am by KOJACK
Quote from: Gr3yhounds on December 01, 2016, 09:30:10 am
Presscotts quarterback is dang good i will say he is fast and accurate but all I've been hearing is how great Prescott is they are a good team all the teams in the final 4 are good and it will be a dog fight in the end. All teams are here for a reason and yo can't overlook everything I'm looking for the Hounds in an upset and by i've been looking at this thread since the week began and i think I'm the only person thinking the hours are going to pull this one out.
Offline pylon2pylon
Band Nerd
[clap] [slap]
Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Newport @ Prescott
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2016, 07:44:27 pm »

Hounds Roll 37-28.

Nope...I'll assume you meant hounds instead of hours. ;D

reddiefoozball

Quote from: Postman on December 01, 2016, 08:26:39 am
That's an interesting fact about the Vanhook family.  While I did know that, it hadn't crossed my mind until you posted it. It's a true testament to the family's character and athleticism.  Here's to hoping Vanhook Jr can be a 3rd generation Curley Wolf state champion.

Don't forget about RJ, dude was a stud as well.

AmSycho

reddiefoozball

but good luck P town, i hope we both get it done this week and the 5 3A takes over the Rock next Saturday.

Carljung

Quote from: reddiefoozball on December 01, 2016, 10:08:26 am
but good luck P town, i hope we both get it done this week and the 5 3A takes over the Rock next Saturday.
I hope Charleston beats y'all by 30 ::)...see how easy it is to be a hater

reddiefoozball

Quote from: Carljung on December 01, 2016, 10:11:30 am
I hope Charleston beats y'all by 30 ::)...see how easy it is to be a hater

lol either way Prescott is getting beat on the big stage next week anyway  ;D

Gr3yhounds

I love how y'all are all looking forward to WMS and you both still have games to play on Friday but keep looking over the other teams

RowdyReputation40

Haven't given a prediction yet
PTOWN- 42
Newport 100s - 14

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas