• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport @ Prescott

Started by WorkOrder, November 26, 2016, 12:00:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkOrder

Rocky

jay nelvin

Quote from: Rocky on November 26, 2016, 12:32:29 am
Prescott by 21+
I'm not sure about 21+, but Prescott is hard to beat at home.

ISU7

When Prescott win Sprain Ankle will say that cheated. Never fails. No one beats Newport without cheating.  Heck they won two games last season in 4A the losses were games they got cheated. Lol
Prescott. 36
Newport. 19

oasistrader

CoolBreeze

Newport's run has resulted from the easiest route to the semifinals. They played a couple of good teams en route to the semis but nobody really good. The only 1-seed in their quadrant of the bracket was vastly overrated Mtn View.

The dream ends Friday night. I agree with previous posters. C-Wolves by 21+.

Markadomous

ISU7 what does Newport do offensively?

jay nelvin

Quote from: Markadomous on November 26, 2016, 02:47:44 pm
Same O as us, but they don't run the QB. 

Black and Gold

I'd love to see Newport pull this one off, so I can laugh Glen Rose Sprit. I still think Prescott takes this one by 14+

Lions84

whippersnapper

Whether or not the hounds win this game, they have acheived a great season. With only 7 seniors the hounds have won 11 games for the first time since 1994, since the late Coach Keedy was the Head Hound. A tremendous turn around by Coach Mark Hindsley and his staff.
Greyhounds in the upset by 2!

Infamous

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 26, 2016, 01:48:01 pm
Newport's run has resulted from the easiest route to the semifinals. They played a couple of good teams en route to the semis but nobody really good. The only 1-seed in their quadrant of the bracket was vastly overrated Mtn View.

The dream ends Friday night. I agree with previous posters. C-Wolves by 21+.

"They played a couple of good teams but they weren't good."

Um, okay. Makes sense.

Infamous

Ground, ground and ground.

Infamous

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 26, 2016, 03:45:33 pm
Whether or not the hounds win this game, they have acheived a great season. With only 7 seniors the hounds have won 11 games for the first time since 1994, since the late Coach Keedy was the Head Hound. A tremendous turn around by Coach Mark Hindsley and his staff.
Greyhounds in the upset by 2!

I agree. Great season regardless of what happens Friday night. The future looks bright with the reserves they've got coming up in the next few years.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Infamous on November 26, 2016, 03:55:44 pm
"They played a couple of good teams but they weren't good."

Um, okay. Makes sense.
Actually, I didn't say that. (Good and really good are not the same thing where I come from) But, perhaps, I could have expressed myself better. Maybe I should have said they were good but not exceptional. On the other hand, Prescott give every indication of being exceptional.

Infamous

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 26, 2016, 09:42:32 pm
Actually, I didn't say that. (Good and really good are not the same thing where I come from) But, perhaps, I could have expressed myself better. Maybe I should have said they were good but not exceptional. On the other hand, Prescott give every indication of being exceptional.

I'm messing with you.

I just thought it sounded funny.

ISU7

They like to run the ball off tackle with their speedster #1. #6 is their power back. They may change it when they read this but when they line up in trips wide it's usually a quick hitch to #5 with the other two receivers blocking for him. #5 is also a deep threat and the qb has the arm strength to get it there. Also #15 is a good receiver and they will throw to him. When #24 goes in motion it's usually a swing pass to him.The qb is not a scrambler. He will hang in the pocket as long as he can to deliver the ball. Newport has speed on offense. #1 is a legit 4.5 guy.

HOUND15

Quote from: ISU7 on November 27, 2016, 03:56:50 am
They like to run the ball off tackle with their speedster #1. #6 is their power back. They may change it when they read this but when they line up in trips wide it's usually a quick hitch to #5 with the other two receivers blocking for him. #5 is also a deep threat and the qb has the arm strength to get it there. Also #15 is a good receiver and they will throw to him. When #24 goes in motion it's usually a swing pass to him.The qb is not a scrambler. He will hang in the pocket as long as he can to deliver the ball. Newport has speed on offense. #1 is a legit 4.5 guy.

You're right... they're gonna change up their whole offense just because they read your post about their offense. C'Mon man!

Leo Marvin

Quote from: ISU7 on November 27, 2016, 03:56:50 am

I thought Newport did its best job yet of mixing up offensive plays against Atkins.  The main difference is they've started giving the ball to a sophomore that is the best on the team at getting the tough yards.

adaptedtigerfan

Well hello "said sophmore's" parent.  Glad you could come aboard.

sprained ankle

I'm glad my team is still playing because I prefer football over basketball. GO HOUNDS!!!

SR30

Has newport faced anyone with team speed like prescott? They are quick all the way around.

jay nelvin

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 08:58:02 am
Has newport faced anyone with team speed like prescott? They are quick all the way around.
Rivercrest or HA?? Watched both games on film, and both of those teams looked quick.  Newport's D is legit.

Radiotalker

Quote from: HOUND15 on November 27, 2016, 07:30:08 am
You're right... they're gonna change up their whole offense just because they read your post about their offense. C'Mon man!

lol

State champs 2010

Newport has athletes all over the field.. But there offense depends on big plays to move the ball. And I think Prescott will stop the big plays. Prescott wins 28-14. But good luck to Newport Representing the 3-3a!! Go hounds!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Infamous on November 27, 2016, 01:25:26 am
I'm messing with you.

I just thought it sounded funny.
Aha! A weisenheimer. I should have known.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 27, 2016, 08:12:25 am
Well hello "said sophmore's" parent.  Glad you could come aboard.

Haha... Just a fan, not his parent.  Go Hounds!

Infamous

November 27, 2016, 01:47:58 pm #27 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:01:01 pm by Infamous
Quote from: ISU7 on November 27, 2016, 03:56:50 am#6 is their power back.

I've watched them all year, and #6 Jordan Neal has never struck me as a power back. If it's anyone, it's #44 Joe Broadus. That's why Broadus has gotten more playing time as the season has progressed - he runs north and south and doesn't dance.

Other than that, I agree with everything else.

HeadBussa08

Prescott wins score prediction later in the week. Newport won't be in Kansas anymore Friday.

sprained ankle

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 08:58:02 am
Don't know about team speed but I do know the 2 loses Newport incurred this year came from teams that made it to the final 8 in the playoffs. One made it in 4a , the other in 3a. It should be a great high school football game.

Carljung

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 27, 2016, 06:18:28 pm
Don't know about team speed but I do know the 2 loses Newport incurred this year came from teams that made it to the final 8 in the playoffs. One made it in 4a , the other in 3a. It should be a great high school football game.
Two teams that Prescott has beaten are in the final 4. One in 3A and the other in 2A.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Carljung on November 27, 2016, 06:39:55 pm
Two teams that Prescott has beaten are in the final 4. One in 3A and the other in 2A.
Good one-up, CJ.

ISU7

Quote from: Infamous on November 27, 2016, 01:47:58 pm
I've watched them all year, and #6 Jordan Neal has never struck me as a power back. If it's anyone, it's #44 Joe Broadus. That's why Broadus has gotten more playing time as the season has progressed - he runs north and south and doesn't dance.

Other than that, I agree with everything else.
Yeah I forgot about #44 tough kid.

blu2th

It is the semi's, no team can be overlooked. Newport has made it this far for a reason, Prescott needs to play up to their ability. I believe Prescott should win but if they look past Newport it could hurt my wolves. I have faith though that the coaching staff will have them ready. Prescott's speed and physicality should overpower the hounds. 

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 27, 2016, 08:29:46 am
I'm glad my team is still playing because I prefer football over basketball. GO HOUNDS!!!
So do I ,that's why I can gladly say my team beat yours this season. Lol Eventually it will be basketball season for all football teams. Maybe your team can get to WMS. We did when we got to the semis 😷😎

nastynice

Newport reminds me of Rivercrest from last year. Just quietly stringing along a few playoff wins under the radar. If Prescott loses, then go ahead and send Chuck the trophy. Newport won't beat Chuck but Prescott might.

SR30

You forget there is one more team that chuck has to get past before they order those rings

nastynice

I didn't forget. GR won't beat Chuck!

SR30

Keep thinking that..adds fuel to the fire

WorkOrder

If y'all wanna chat about Glen Rose and Charleston go to their thread. This is the Prescott vs. Newport thread.

Wolfpack

Quote from: WorkOrder on November 28, 2016, 07:31:48 am
If y'all wanna chat about Glen Rose and Charleston go to their thread. This is the Prescott vs. Newport thread.

AGREED!!!

ChucktownTiger

This should be a great game. I figure Prescott will be the heavy favorite but I expect Newport to keep it close for the majority of the game. I'll go....

Prescott 34
Newport 21

Gr3yhounds

Both teams are in the final 4 for a reason if you think for one second that this will be an easy game for either team you're sure to be mistaken. It will be a close one all the way around both teams have speed, both have strength it will be an uphill battle for both teams if we want to win we have to stay consistent no series killers. Just going to pray for a safe ride down to Prescott and a injury free game

GrindTime

Whoever can make the big plays count will have a slight advantage, If prescott stops the run I think they can force newport to turn the ball over by attempting to pass on prescotts solid secondary..

GrindTime

Prescott Dline will be a Key factor doesn't seem like Newports QB can handle pressure.

Wildcat

Prescott by 14+ don't underestimate newport they gave us a fight in second round. Newport can win but they will have to be perfect and Prescott will have to play an average game. If prescott comes out like normal newport will be in for an upset.

Leo Marvin

Newport played its most complete game against Atkins.  They moved some players around on offense, and it makes them less predictable.

Gr3yhounds

Newport played al four quarters last Friday thats something they haven't did all season if they play all game like they did against Aikens they'll have a good chance of beating Prescott

GrindTime

Trust me prescott is through under estimating teams, Newport will get 100% from prescott friday night they know newport is in the semis for a reason. So why would this prescott team that has played great football all year come out average? it should be a great game cant wait to see it!

ToughGuy91

Agreed Grindtime, the wolves should handle business in the first half  ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas