• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose @ Charleston

Started by WPWells, November 25, 2016, 08:55:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dynasty

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 12:42:58 pm
feel free to call him out when he gets off the bus friday night, I'm sure he would love to talk with you. other than that, lets talk about the game and let the kids decide the turnout.

I'm sure he would too. ChuckTown is a great dude.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 12:42:58 pm
feel free to call him out when he gets off the bus friday night, I'm sure he would love to talk with you. other than that, lets talk about the game and let the kids decide the turnout.
That would be nice, I'd love to hear what he had to say. Last I checked he's the coach and a part of the game. So yea, when you have a week to talk about a game, the coaches are probably going to come up.

reddiefoozball

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 28, 2016, 12:54:50 pm
That would be nice, I'd love to hear what he had to say. Last I checked he's the coach and a part of the game. So yea, when you have a week to talk about a game, the coaches are probably going to come up.

glad you're a intelligent person then my friend. will someone at the game be able to post live updates?

The Dynasty

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 28, 2016, 01:12:52 pm
glad you're a intelligent person then my friend. will someone at the game be able to post live updates?

The game will be broadcast on KDYN 92.7. You can get a live feed on their website or through their app.

To answer your question though, Fred Bird and Black and Gold usually do a good job on updates throughout the game.

reddiefoozball

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 01:14:48 pm
The game will be broadcast on KDYN 92.7. You can get a live feed on their website or through their app.

To answer your question though, Fred Bird and Black and Gold usually do a good job on updates throughout the game.

nice, thank ya sir.

adaptedtigerfan

This whole bein nice thing just isn't gonna cut the mustard. 

WPWells

I won't be available during this week's game. It's all on Black and Gold

reddiefoozball

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 28, 2016, 01:45:48 pm
This whole bein nice thing just isn't gonna cut the mustard.

all the respect will dwindle away come friday night, trust me.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Mister Fister on November 28, 2016, 10:34:16 am
I sat down to some breakfast this morning, dropped a little Elijah Craig 23 in my OJ. (You should try some).   So there I sat with some eggs, pancakes,& sausage and I got to thinking to myself.   I said "self you should send Glen Rose a complimentary package".  So I jumped up and gathered up a few items.

1. A fuel card to fill up your bus. 

2. A couple of cases of Kleenex brand tissues.

3. A dozen 1st aid kits

Go ahead and come up here on Fister's dollar, there should be enough Kleenex for each fan to cry away their sorrows.
Last but not least a few 1st aid kits for the team after this defense gets after them they will need them. 

Plus look on the bright side come Saturday you can say" well at least the only two teams to beat us are playing @ WMS!!
Great post! Especially for a newbie.

Runfastturnleft

After seeing both on film... It's gonna be a great game.   Charleston handled CP easily,  but CP didn't block a soul.   Now some of that was due to the Charleston d-line.   Credit where credit is due.

GR was simply more physical than RC on a sloppy field.   No such problems with  the wonderful turf at Charleston. 

I just hope for a packed house like 2007.   The atmosphere around Charleston should be electric.   The few times I have been there it's been excellent.   

With that being said... I hope GR can pull it off.   Charleston is a championship worthy program... Gotta beat the best to be the best.   

Carljung

Running back U(Glen Rose) is down at that position this year. They have had 3 college prospects at that position within the last 8 years... and that's not counting Johnson from last year who was probably their best. Those 300lb linemen usually pave the way for their running game, but this year it's different. They rely on the passing game more. How those guys don't win conference year in and year out is beyond me...They are physically superior to most teams they play but somehow find a way to get beat year in and year out. Charleston 31 GR 20

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 09:17:17 pm
Running back U(Glen Rose) is down at that position this year. They have had 3 college prospects at that position within the last 8 years... and that's not counting Johnson from last year who was probably their best. Those 300lb linemen usually pave the way for their running game, but this year it's different. They rely on the passing game more. How those guys don't win conference year in and year out is beyond me...They are physically superior to most teams they play but somehow find a way to get beat year in and year out. Charleston 31 GR 20
They don't win conference because they are in the same conference with Prescott who as won the last 3 conference championships and is undefeated the last 3 years. Prescott as just as much talent if not more year in and year out.

Carljung

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 28, 2016, 09:23:08 pm
They don't win conference because they are in the same conference with Prescott who as won the last 3 conference championships and is undefeated the last 3 years. Prescott as just as much talent if not more year in and year out.
Prescott don't have 300 lb linemen year in and year out like the rose...nor do they have 3 prior running backs that played or were supposed to play college football...js

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 09:26:05 pm
Prescott don't have 300 lb linemen year in and year out like the rose...nor do they have 3 prior running backs that played or were supposed to play college football...js
Your right. Prescott does most of their damage with speed not by being more physical even though Prescott is pretty physical also.

SR30

November 28, 2016, 09:38:35 pm #115 Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:44:56 pm by SR30
No 300 pounders this year nor next year. What they do have is pound for pound much stronger and quicker lineman than before. They will have to replace a few holes in the line next year but this year they are pretty solid across the board.

Carljung

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 28, 2016, 09:31:50 pm
Your right. Prescott does most of their damage with speed not by being more physical even though Prescott is pretty physical also.
Speed...what speed? Who do you consider a speedster on Prescott? Like I've said before Prescott has good overall speed, but not the kinda speed people on fearless are always referring to.

flow51

November 28, 2016, 09:47:05 pm #117 Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:52:59 pm by flow51
Isaiah Wayne from Prescott can run with anyone in the state! And he is a underclassman

In my opinion he is by far the fastest. But speed can also be deceiving. Vanhook isn't the fastest but very athletic and "quick". Looks faster than he is... As goes for Pearson, Flynn, Rucker, #13

Carljung

Quote from: flow51 on November 28, 2016, 09:47:05 pm
Isaiah Wayne from Prescott can run with anyone in the state! And he is a underclassman
Can run what??? lol I tell you what, get with me after the state track meet... look I'm pro Prescott, but all this speed that people speak just isn't there. They are a fast football team, but not just blow you away, unbelievable speed. I don't know the underclassmen kid you speak of, but he canNOT run with anyone in the state...or I woulda heard of him.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 09:43:53 pm
Speed...what speed? Who do you consider a speedster on Prescott? Like I've said before Prescott has good overall speed, but not the kinda speed people on fearless are always referring to.
Prescott is always fast and athletic and always will be. That's all I'm saying.

Carljung

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 28, 2016, 09:53:16 pm
Prescott is always fast and athletic and always will be. That's all I'm saying.
And all I'm saying is that it sometime takes more than kinda fast athletes to win state championships...Look at the last 5 or 6 state champs

flow51

I would put money on Wayne. I don't know what his 40 time is but I would bet it is 4.5 ish. He is about 5'8" 155 soaking wet and looks unbelievably fast. But hey I'm no coach or track star... Just an overweight offensive lineman

Carljung

Quote from: flow51 on November 28, 2016, 09:58:31 pm
I would put money on Wayne. I don't know what his 40 time is but I would bet it is 4.5 ish. He is about 5'8" 155 soaking wet and looks unbelievably fast. But hey I'm no coach or track star... Just an overweight offensive lineman
I can assure you he doesn't run a 4.5...if he did he would be playing somewhere for the Curley Wolves because he would be their fastest player. You may want to talk to your coaches before you start putting stuff like this on here.

GBattack

Flanagan's unofficial 40 is 4.27. I think officially it's a 4.5.

Carljung

Quote from: GBattack on November 28, 2016, 10:03:19 pm
Flanagan's unofficial 40 is 4.27. I think officially it's a 4.5.
That's quite a difference lol... I believe the 4.5. I'm sure he's the fastest kid on the field week in and week out.

flow51

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 10:02:53 pm
I can assure you he doesn't run a 4.5...if he did he would be playing somewhere for the Curley Wolves because he would be their fastest player. You may want to talk to your coaches before you start putting stuff like this on here.

So if I was an underclassman on your team that had good solid receivers and backs that were upperclassmen, knew the offense better, ran better routes, caught the ball better that you would start me just because I ran a 4.5?

Carljung

Quote from: flow51 on November 28, 2016, 10:13:03 pm
So if I was an underclassman on your team that had good solid receivers and backs that were upperclassmen, knew the offense better, ran better routes, caught the ball better that you would start me just because I ran a 4.5?
YES... because I know personally that Prescott doesn't have much of a back up at running back. And anyone that runs a 4.5 would be returning kicks, punts, playing safety and catching loops or screens or somehow getting him the ball...

flow51

I'll find out what he runs. Maybe your right... Maybe he looks faster than he is. I'll let you know what I find out

SR30

Bobo James runs a 8.2 in the 40

flow51

BAMA#16

BAMA#16

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 10:06:49 pm
That's quite a difference lol... I believe the 4.5. I'm sure he's the fastest kid on the field week in and week out.
I believe it's around the 4.5ish, SMF is very quick.

The Dynasty

Quote from: BAMA#16 on November 28, 2016, 10:45:48 pm
I believe it's around the 4.5ish, SMF is very quick.

I'm pretty sure Wisdom is around the 4.5 mark as well.

BAMA#16

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 10:47:05 pm
I'm pretty sure Wisdom is around the 4.5 mark as well.
Yes, you are correct Dynasty, I believe he is just a tad slower than SMF.

GBattack

You're right on both. SM told me his times not long ago. He definitely has another gear when he needs it.

SR30

So does Bobo James..it's called pork chop overdrive

blackcat23

in the past 8 years I'd have to say Kehner was the best rb to come out of gr. Went on to play at obu and holds the td record in the GAC. And I believe was an all American back is senior year if I'm not mistaken

reddiefoozball

also trying to figure out where you are getting these 300 lb linemen from as well? non of our linemen usually exceed 6ft, 2012 had one who might have pushed close to 300 but i don't think so. other than that, your evaluation is irrelevant. please post facts sir.

Boomer

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 29, 2016, 01:08:25 am
also trying to figure out where you are getting these 300 lb linemen from as well? non of our linemen usually exceed 6ft, 2012 had one who might have pushed close to 300 but i don't think so. other than that, your evaluation is irrelevant. please post facts sir.
His observation was actually quite nice and spot on with the exception of 300 pd lineman... even though they are usually big and strong across the board. So don't go runnin your jaws while he is actually complementing us.... kinda common sense dude... especially if the most of it is true

AlumniLights

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 28, 2016, 09:23:08 pm

Presskit has athletes year in and year out....but can never pull off the big one.....just saying.  Athletically, they should win every year.

AlumniLights

This week is going to drag on like a bad wagon fellas.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: AlumniLights on November 29, 2016, 02:30:10 am
Presskit has athletes year in and year out....but can never pull off the big one.....just saying.  Athletically, they should win every year.

Good point. Last state title was 1995.

adaptedtigerfan

I was told by a coach that SMF ran a 4.47, and Wisdom ran a 4.52.

nastynice

Obviously their (SMF Wisdom)speed on offense stands out. But it's their speed on D that's gets no attention. Several times they've ran someone down or cut the back off to save a TD. They did this 3-4 times alone against Smack.

adaptedtigerfan

Nasty, when are you just gonna give up the Purple and trade it for Black?   You can keep the gold.   I mean if u need some black let me know I have a hoodie you can wear friday night!!

adaptedtigerfan

O and btw.  It will fit.   I have out grew it as I have gotten older😂😂

nastynice

Just stating facts. People always assume kids are fast only on offense. Other than those 2, the rest of the team is just quick and aggressive. Which to me is even better.

I'd rather wake up every day between Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell than wear Tiger gear! I'm not Macadoshis.

Plus, I saw you 2 weeks ago at the game and you just high 🎩 me.

adaptedtigerfan

I probably just heard someone holler at me and waved.   I'm not just a high 🎩 kinda guy.   Make sure you bring OLDSCHOOL with you friday night.  He still owes Lamby a meeting down by the fieldhouse @ the lemonade shack.

ChucktownTiger

I stood with Nasty and Old School. They were both wearing black. I think They both had black jackets and black beanies

nastynice

CT, I'm surprised you could tell what we were wearing, your eyes were kinda glassed over.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas