• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PLAYOFFS ROUND 3: CENTERPOINT AT CHARLESTON

Started by 2010Tigerhaz-been, November 19, 2016, 01:43:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

maytag

Proud Buckaroo

maytag

Is it the kind the rubber flies up like dirt and is similar to grass or more like carpet ?

Proud Buckaroo

More like carpet. Lol. No where similar to grass. The kind that hurts when you slam down onto it. Haha.

GBattack

Based in the little black pellets that come home with my boys I'd say it is the kind that flies up like dirt.

Lineman

It was designed not to be soft, just like our D.

FBfanatic

ChucktownTiger

FBfanatic

Looking forward to Friday..going to be cheering my favorite team

BAMA#16

Practicing Thanksgiving week is a good thing, this week is going to drag by, but at least it's not two weeks. These two teams are almost mirror images of one another, solid QB play, can run it when needed, good receivers, and a solid D. I believe whoever wins the turnover battle and least amount of mistakes and penalties, wins this game going away. I think they are that close.

The Dynasty

November 21, 2016, 08:30:42 am #60 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:55:38 am by The Dynasty
I'm interested in 2 things:

1) Will Charleston's offense cap off drives with points this week? 6 drives inside the 30 and only 9 points won't cut it. I think the 2 weeks off and Smakovers team speed had a lot to do with it. I think we see more points this week.

2) Can Centerpoint take the 4 quarter pounding by this D that they are going to get? Smackover was hurting midway through the 3rd quarter Friday. This D isn't messing around and they are hungry.

reddiefoozball

Centerpoints QB will have to have a great night to win this one, maybe the best night he's had all year to do that. Extremely tough to go into Charlestown  in Nov-Dec and get a W, especially with a team not used to to playing at this time of year.

SR30

November 21, 2016, 10:00:46 am #62 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:13:11 am by SR30
CP pounded it out with prescott and kept the game relatively close for 4 qtrs. They also pounced it out with GR D, and whipped them in the second half almost coming back for the win... so yes CP can go 4 qtrs. Question is can Charleston take 4 qtrs of one of the best defenses in the state for 4qtrs. They haven't had to do that this year.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 10:00:46 am
CP pounced it out with prescott and kept the game relatively close for 4 qtrs. They also pounced it out with GR D, and whipped them in the second half almost coming back for the win... so yes CP can go 4 qtrs. Question is can Charleston take 4 qtrs of one of the best defenses in the state for 4qtrs. They haven't had to do that this year.

Define "pounced it out". That's a new on me....

SR30

It's called a typo sir, it's been corrected. Not all of us have girly banjo playing hands such as yourself.

reddiefoozball

CP is weak on the edge, they give up the deep ball, i wasn't much impressed with their D the two times i saw them this year. Penalties may be the only thing that keeps this game close.

SR30

Which games did u see reddit? They seemed fine on the edge the one game I watched. I will admit they do give up the deep ball

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 10:14:15 am
It's called a typo sir, it's been corrected. Not all of us have girly banjo playing hands such as yourself.

Thanks for correcting that.

The Dynasty

November 21, 2016, 10:24:30 am #68 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:47:18 am by The Dynasty
Let's just be factual here. The one top tier team(Prescott) and the two above average teams(Glen Rose and HHG) that the Knights have played they have given up:

447 passing yards to GR
342 against HHG
226 against Prescott.

That's 1,015 yards passing against the 3 toughest teams on their schedule. I wouldn't say that qualifies as a great D.

nastynice

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 20, 2016, 03:02:29 pm
I'll be in attendance of this game.  Was in Nashville last Friday as I expected a blowout by chuck!  Instead, Nash got blown out and smack made it close!
They may not want you there OS. They lost last time you watched em play!

Boomer

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 21, 2016, 10:24:30 am
Let's just be factual here. The one top tier team(Prescott) and the two above average teams(Glen Rose and HHG) that the Knights have played they have given up:

447 passing yards to GR
342 against HHG
226 against Prescott.

That's 1,015 yards passing against the 3 toughest teams on their schedule. I wouldn't say that qualifies as a great D.
Have you guys played anybody that can actually throw it around the yard yet?

The Dynasty

November 21, 2016, 11:08:55 am #71 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:16:04 am by The Dynasty
Quote from: Boomer on November 21, 2016, 10:59:35 am

Atkins runs a similar type offense as far as spreading you out and having a balanced run/pass offense.

Are you going to spin the topic or do you want elaborate on Centerpoints defensive numbers in the passing game?

ChucktownTiger

If the O gets the rust knocked off and doesn't have the amount of mental mistakes as they did Friday, this could go Chucktowns way early. If they give up the deep ball, that doesn't bode well for them and if you give Flanagan the edge it won't be good for you.

nastynice

November 21, 2016, 11:18:42 am #73 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:21:47 am by nastynice
Quote from: Boomer on November 21, 2016, 10:59:35 am
No. But considering the same guys that catch the ball on O, are the same guys defending the pass on D. There won't be a problem.

Any of you guys almost get caught cheating? Or almost had a bad wreck texting or talking on the phone? Or how bout this, you have a late night and end up taking someone home you wished you wouldn't have at dawn the next morning? But you come out alive at the end with only a few scratches and a penicillin shot!
That's the way last weeks game was. Tigers had that arm under some ugly's pillow.  You could tell the players, fans and coaches all felt like they may have gotten by with one. Not making that mistake again. They're still alive, but too close for comfort.

They'll light it up this week. Centerpoint will hit their breaking point about 1:30 into the 3 rd qrt.

adaptedtigerfan

😂😂 that's the best post I've read all year.

The Dynasty

Quote from: nastynice on November 21, 2016, 11:18:42 am
No. But considering the same guys that catch the ball on O, are the same guys defending the pass on D. There won't be a problem.

Any of you guys almost get caught cheating? Or almost had a bad wreck texting or talking on the phone? Or how bout this, you have a late night and end up taking someone home you wished you wouldn't have at dawn the next morning? But you come out alive at the end with only a few scratches and a penicillin shot!
That's the way last weeks game was. Tigers had that arm under some ugly's pillow.  You could tell the players, fans and coaches all felt like they may have gotten by with one. Not making that mistake again. They're still alive, but too close for comfort.

They'll light it up this week. Centerpoint will hit their breaking point about 1:30 into the 3 rd qrt.

I have a buddy that got a Vitamin B shot after a crazy night with a nurse!!!! Great story.

You are correct Nasty. We were lucky to get by Smackover the way we played offensively. I think that the bye and Smackover's speed(speed we haven't seen all year) was a bad combo. We will play better this week.

ChucktownTiger

I expect Flanagan and Wisdom to have a big game. I also expect the play book to open up a bit more this week. I have news for ya, as long as the D plays the way they did this last week, we may not need to open the play book anyways.

CapnObvious

Nasty I believe OS was at the dardy game so we will allow him in the stadium this week . He may have to hold adapted sheep down for him he said this cool weather has them a little feisty !!

SR30

November 21, 2016, 11:40:29 am #78 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:54:45 am by SR30
My apologies as I read stats wrong. Hard to research and work

adaptedtigerfan

Hahaha. I don't know where you got those stats.

adaptedtigerfan

The Paris game I attended they only gained 88yds the entire game.

GBattack

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 21, 2016, 11:48:32 am
The Paris game I attended they only gained 88yds the entire game.

I don't think any of those stats are correct...

SR30

Not according to the stats recorded that are posted. If it was reported wrong and I listed it I apologize. Can only go by what is posted

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 11:40:29 am
Dynasty do you really wanna do the stat on passing war?? Well let's go
The 3 opponents you mentioned are a combined 31-6 with 2 of those teams in the top 3 of the state..so let's compare.

CP held the #1 undefeated prescott curlywolves to 226yds passing.

Charleston is as follows.
Allowed 275 yds to  5 loss Paris team
267 yds to a 6 loss lamar team
290 yds to 7 loss Perryville
270 yds to a 8 loss Mansfield team
And 166 yds to a winless episcopal team with 24 players.

If you wanna use the "those yards where gained on the subs" excuse well...

The only good teams you have faced
Dardnell 377 yds
Atkins 323 yds.

So CP gave up yards in the air to conference foes who play in the undisputed toughest conference in 3A...
Charleston gave up tons of yards to the backyard football teams who have more losses than those 3 teams you mentioned wins...
Like someone told me on another thread "clean up your own yard before you throw someone else's trash out"

The first group of games you mentioned the starters didn't see the second half, which you eluded to. In fact Episcopal had like 9 yards at halftime. Mansfield the D only played the 1st quarter. But no one wants to rehash those beat downs.

Dardanelle(see spelling) and Atkins are still in the playoffs and Atkins beat HHG just as bad as you guys did, so.....

If you think this D isn't good that's exactly what we want. The last team we played thought the same thing.

SR30

And the last 2 teams that underestimated CP are playing basketball and sleeping in this week

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 11:56:30 am
And the last 2 teams that underestimated CP are playing basketball and sleeping in this week

That's what you don't understand, Charleston isn't underestimating anyone. These kids aren't wired like that and the coaches are 1 game at a time.

SR30

And I'm sure the players of the last 2 teams didn't either ... but fearless Friday poster like u do. I'll admit GR underestimated fouke and almost got sent to the gym..

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 21, 2016, 11:46:41 am
Hahaha. I don't know where you got those stats.

I think he just pulled those outta the sky

SR30

Go back and look where I admitted I had recorded them wrong ;)

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 12:04:14 pm
And I'm sure the players of the last 2 teams didn't either ... but fearless Friday poster like u do. I'll admit GR underestimated fouke and almost got sent to the gym..

I didn't take them lightly. The only thing I predicted was the RB wouldn't get 150 yards and..... I was correct.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 21, 2016, 12:14:45 pm
I didn't take them lightly. The only thing I predicted was the RB wouldn't get 150 yards and..... I was correct.

I wish PB would get back to me on that. I'm super thirsty!!! 😬

reddiefoozball

Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 10:16:43 am
Which games did u see reddit? They seemed fine on the edge the one game I watched. I will admit they do give up the deep ball

magnet cove and GR games..

FBfanatic

The Dynasty

Quote from: FBfanatic on November 21, 2016, 01:22:15 pm
Favorite players to watch?

Offensive:

Defense:

The entire for 7 causes havoc:

#8 Rowland is the QB. He's played very well this year. Very good QB.

What about for Centerpoint? How healthy is the QB?

FBfanatic

I hear he's very healthy. He was good against bald Knob

nastynice

Quote from: CapnObvious on November 21, 2016, 11:38:58 am
Nasty I believe OS was at the dardy game so we will allow him in the stadium this week . He may have to hold adapted sheep down for him he said this cool weather has them a little feisty !!
Nah. He was at Pea Ridge 1st week.

The Dynasty

FBfanatic

FBfanatic

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas