• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PLAYOFFS ROUND 3: CENTERPOINT AT CHARLESTON

Started by 2010Tigerhaz-been, November 19, 2016, 01:43:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2010Tigerhaz-been

November 19, 2016, 01:43:49 am Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:05:49 am by 2010Tigerhaz-been
Tigers are gonna have to come out HOT ( ;) ) in this one!

I'm going with the home team 21-14

ISU7

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 19, 2016, 01:43:49 am
Tigers are gonna have to come out HOT ( ;) ) in this one!

I'm going with the home team 21-14

That Tiger is illegal. Lol.Chucktown by 12

FBfanatic

November 19, 2016, 06:54:25 am #2 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:02:25 am by FBfanatic
If CP plays like they did last night, it could be a battle. Very impressed at what they pulled off.

ChucktownTiger

Tiger O is gonna have to cut out the mistakes and penalties. Hopefully we were just rusty after the bye week. One thing that wasn't rusty was the Tiger D. Wowzers, the Nasty Boys came out and showed out.

I don't know ANYTHING about CP except that they beat a very good BK team. Looking forward to finding out more about them

SR30

CP is a very solid team. I tried to tell BK folks that. When you come in as the 3rd seed from the 3-5 you might as well be a one seed in some of the other conferences. They played the #1 team and #3 team in the state very close. Should be a solid matchup.

GrindTime

Gotta go with the 3a-5 in a 4 quarter battle .

WPWells

CHSKnightsFan

Traditional power vs. The best team in the school's history. Charleston has good wins over two 4A schools. Their conference schedule looks weak. CPs schedule is the opposite. I'll give the nod to Chucky but anything is possible. Our boys keep proving everyone wrong. Go Knights!

ChucktownTiger

So what's the skinny on CP? How's the O and D line look? Pass heavy or run heavy? Glad we don't have to wait two weeks for this one!

Cupkake24

flow51

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 19, 2016, 10:28:48 am
So what's the skinny on CP? How's the O and D line look? Pass heavy or run heavy? Glad we don't have to wait two weeks for this one!

#30 running back is kinda like a billet truck. Smaller than everyone else but can carry his on weight. Downhill runner that's somewhat hard to stop. Their defense is really solid. They will run and throw and keep you on your heels.

ChucktownTiger

SR30

Very efficient passing game with Owens. The defense is solid and stingy

FBfanatic

They are an all around good team. Solid on every side of the ball. These boys are hungry.  I see an upset against Charleston.  They proved they wanted to win last night and I don't see them wanting to stop now.

Rocky

CP made a lot of mistakes early in the game last night. If they play 4 quarters the way they did in the second half last night, we could have another upset

Longfellow

I don't see Chuck losing this one. I do think Centerpoint will keep it close though

FBfanatic

True  both sides were making a lot of mistakes. But they pulled together for a win.

Lineman

Quote from: Rocky on November 19, 2016, 11:57:18 am
CP made a lot of mistakes early in the game last night. If they play 4 quarters the way they did in the second half last night, we could have another upset
If the Tigers are firing on all cylinders, early mistakes will cost you because the clock will be running in the 2nd half.

ChucktownTiger

Charleston had a sloppy rough start as well. Lots of penalties and mistakes. My guess is that gets cleaned up this week. I'm never a fan of a bye week and I think that played a part. If this D keeps playing like they are, we won't need more than one score a game anyways.

CoolBreeze

Has 3-seed upstart used up the rabbit's foot in knocking off Bald Knob's Bulldogs? Or can they do it again with even bigger game?

Have they jelled at just the right time for a championship run? Or will the Tiger's prove too fierce?

SR30

The last 2 teams have underestimated CP.. they are dangerous all the way around. Defense is about as solid as it gets

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: SR30 on November 19, 2016, 02:10:34 pm
The last 2 teams have underestimated CP.. they are dangerous all the way around. Defense is about as solid as it gets

Should be a 3-0 game then.

SackAttack

Gotta think Charlestons experience and tradition will put them over the top in this one. Not taking away from Centerpoint because i havent seen them but Charleston is kinda used to all this

SR30

Careful sack.. I waa,told in another thread that tradition and playoff experience doesn't win ballgames

ChucktownTiger

I don't think Tradition will "win" the games but I do think that it helps in preparing and getting your mind right for the game. At the end of the day though "tradition" can't come out and play the game.

GBattack

Charleston won't be underestimating anyone...

Lineman

Quote from: SR30 on November 19, 2016, 02:36:12 pm
Careful sack.. I waa,told in another thread that tradition and playoff experience doesn't win ballgames
You forgot to include home field & cheating homer refs.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Lineman on November 19, 2016, 02:52:09 pm
You forgot to include home field & cheating homer refs.

I can't figure out who those refs were for last night. They had it out for both teams.

GBattack

Same crew that reffed the Booneville game last week. They said flags were on the ground every single play almost. A lot like last night.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on November 19, 2016, 03:22:42 pm
Same crew that reffed the Booneville game last week. They said flags were on the ground every single play almost. A lot like last night.

I'm blaming Nastynice

adaptedtigerfan

I went to the bville game last week.  I don't remember a lot of flags.

GBattack

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on November 19, 2016, 04:00:30 pm
Ask captain obvious...he was there.

Captain obvious probably had his beer goggles on. That guys outta control

adaptedtigerfan

Maynard G Krebs

Go Tigers and I don't mean Charleston😀😀😀

BAMA#16

Hope Owens is healthy enough to take a hit. I think this will be another good test for Charleston.

adaptedtigerfan

I saw Baby Bama lay a huge hit last night. 

FBfanatic

I just think this is going to be a hard battle for both teams.

nastynice

BAMA#16

ChucktownTiger

Temp looks to be the same for next Friday night. Has it at about 45 for a low on Friday night. Hopefully, we wont have to worry about the wind. It didn't make a difference in the game but it was sure made It cold in the stands

ChucktownTiger

Mac will you be making the Trip to Chucktown again? Did Dynasty get you your hat?

GBattack

At least this time they will have a week to practice in the cold. I think it impacted our receivers a little bit because it's been warm every week.

ChucktownTiger

Nothing like practicing on a Cold Thanksgiving Morning.

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: GBattack on November 19, 2016, 10:26:37 pm
At least this time they will have a week to practice in the cold. I think it impacted our receivers a little bit because it's been warm every week.
+1

nastynice

There were a few skillet hands on the field Friday. But a couple great catches too.

OLDSCHOOL82

I'll be in attendance of this game.  Was in Nashville last Friday as I expected a blowout by chuck!  Instead, Nash got blown out and smack made it close!

Sports Guru

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas