• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose vs Rivercrest round 3 rematch..

Started by SR30, November 18, 2016, 11:10:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

I don't think RC passed mid-field but one time while I was there. Got there about the middle of the 1st and left about the middle of the 3rd.

luxora4life

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 28, 2016, 11:31:43 am
I don't think RC passed mid-field but one time while I was there. Got there about the middle of the 1st and left about the middle of the 3rd.

GR put 9 and 10 men in the box and RC didn't make the Adjustments.  Hard to run the ball against 10 in the box no matter how big your line is, it becomes a number game at that point.

Paperman

The field was pretty chewed up! Colts just didn't have an answer for the Beavers! Tough night!

Carljung

Quote from: luxora4life on November 28, 2016, 03:23:37 pm
GR put 9 and 10 men in the box and RC didn't make the Adjustments.  Hard to run the ball against 10 in the box no matter how big your line is, it becomes a number game at that point.
Knowing the Colts can't pass, why did other teams not load the box on them and dare them to throw?

The Dynasty

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 09:47:34 pm
Knowing the Colts can't pass, why did other teams not load the box on them and dare them to throw?

Because there's not many good coaches in the 3A. That's why the same teams compete for the crown year in and year out.

Carljung

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 10:14:15 pm
Because there's not many good coaches in the 3A. That's why the same teams compete for the crown year in and year out.
Really??? They don't know enough to load the box against a team that can't pass lol. Get real...maybe they don't recruit as well as some of you.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 10:16:45 pm
Really??? They don't know enough to load the box against a team that can't pass lol. Get real...maybe they don't recruit as well as some of you.

Not sure what the recruiting comment means but I like your effort.

Carljung

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 10:21:37 pm
Not sure what the recruiting comment means but I like your effort.
Gotcha...exactly what I would say as well.

The Dynasty

SR30

This whole recruiting thing is nuts.. like what are we going to offer them?? Free lunch in the cafeteria, a letterman jacket and a pastor kagr of hoho's?

Carljung

Carljung

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 10:28:19 pm
This whole recruiting thing is nuts.. like what are we going to offer them?? Free lunch in the cafeteria, a letterman jacket and a pastor kagr of hoho's?
No... how about a chance to play for a winning program??? Isn't that what you did with your son?

The Dynasty

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 10:30:22 pm
No... how about a chance to play for a winning program??? Isn't that what you did with your son?

I'm not from Glen Rose!!!! I want that understood.

Carljung

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 10:32:30 pm
No I know you are charleston...y'all offer y'alls recruits more than glen rose...duh

flow51

Didn't I hear he was a Freshman All-American... ;D

The Dynasty

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 10:34:37 pm
No I know you are charleston...y'all offer y'alls recruits more than glen rose...duh

Rings

SR30

Actually we moved to the district because my wife took a job at HHG thank you very much. On top of that my son had already went to school at GR when I was their SRO years ago. So no recruiting here as you trolls are digging for attention..

OB11

Quote from: Carljung on November 28, 2016, 09:47:34 pm

I think it's worth noting that the only TD the Colts scored was on a long pass play.  Granted it was a garbage time TD, but I hope the play caller for Rivercrest thought about that after the game. 

SR30

Most of our defense was subs when that TD was scored. I know the whole DL was 2nd n 3rd string

OB11

Quote from: SR30 on November 29, 2016, 10:40:42 am
Most of our defense was subs when that TD was scored. I know the whole DL was 2nd n 3rd string

Which is why I said it was a garbage time TD. 

But I do think more passing attempts early in the game would have helped Rivercrest. 

SR30

You can for sure tell they are not a passing team at all. They are like the razorbacks in the fact they are not a cone from behind team. Being a receiver for rivercrest would almost be like sitting the bench

OB11

Quote from: SR30 on November 29, 2016, 10:44:11 am
You can for sure tell they are not a passing team at all. They are like the razorbacks in the fact they are not a cone from behind team. Being a receiver for rivercrest would almost be like sitting the bench

Very one dimensional.  I think they put all their eggs in that basket and were just going to ride it as far as it would go.  Glen Rose had a great defensive game plan to stop it and the Colts did not adjust at all.  Not even a little bit. Lol

reddiefoozball

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 28, 2016, 10:32:30 pm

oh cmon now, we will bring you a red beaver hat friday night sweetie.

Paperman

Same quarterback threw for more than 800 yards last season! The Colts threw the ball effectively last season! They can throw the ball, for some reason they just didn't try it enough this past season! I agree! Load the box against the Colts and dare them to pass!🏈🏈🏈

ISU7

WOW 😷😎

ISU7

December 01, 2016, 05:52:07 am #275 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:55:33 am by ISU7
Quote from: SR30 on November 29, 2016, 10:44:11 am
Maybe not this season but they can pass. I'm recalling they scored twice on passes and held them  to only 7 pts. last season. Maybe GR will ride the win over RC all the way to the Rock similar to the Colts run last season. We shall see. Good luck GR.😎

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas