• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose vs Rivercrest round 3 rematch..

Started by SR30, November 18, 2016, 11:10:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

Ok so let's here it. How bad will GR lose this one since we are always the bad guys..

jay nelvin

Quote from: SR30 on November 18, 2016, 11:10:33 pm
Ok so let's here it. How bad will GR lose this one since we are always the bad guys..
I'll take Glen Rose by 7

G.C21

I say we win this in a close one Go Beavers

P. F. C

State champs 2010

Same thing y'all was saying last year.. I would just wait till Friday to see what happens cause you made yourselfs look like fools last year with all the talk on here..

dragondad

Colts by two TD's,  stingy D and a huge O line blocking for more than one capable rusher.

redandgray

Paperman

I think this will be a good game! Beavers are very good! Colts have come far since week one! Two good defensive teams! Hope for dryer weather next week!

Boomer

I think the biggest matchup in this one will be the big o-line from rivercrest vs the d-line of the beavers. I understand the Colts are real big up front and like to run it at you. GR has had a fair amount of success stopping the run. However the Colts will probably have the best run game GR has seen so far. Gonna be a lot of pad popping Friday night. This should be a good ballgame. Both games between the two have been at "The Patch" and the series record is 1-1. Looking forward to a great atmosphere and two great programs going head to head in the playoffs again.

State champs 2010

This will be the last game EVER played at the cotton patch.

Boomer

Might be outta the loop, but are you guys building a stadium closer to the school or what?

State champs 2010

Quote from: Boomer on November 19, 2016, 12:40:14 am
Might be outta the loop, but are you guys building a stadium closer to the school or what?
yes out at the high school! It's way over due! Lol

Boomer

With 3 trips coming up the interstate in the past few years and no telling how more in the future do everybody a favor and move it an hour south  ;) glad to witness the last game in "The Patch" tho.

colts52

AHHHHH I HAVE RECOVERED MY ACCOUNT FINALLY!!

Nomad1324

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 19, 2016, 12:37:51 am
This will be the last game EVER played at the cotton patch.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Centerpoint finds a way by Charleston then the Cotton Patch could host a semifinal.

Highly improbable, but still possible.

luxora4life

November 19, 2016, 10:10:48 am #14 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:13:47 am by luxora4life
Quote from: Nomad1324 on November 19, 2016, 09:56:47 am
Maybe. Maybe not.

Centerpoint finds a way by Charleston then the Cotton Patch could host a semifinal.

No.  The winner of this game will be on the road no matter who win the Charleston/Centerpoint game.

colts52

how would a 1 seed ever have to travel to face a lower seed.

luxora4life

Quote from: Nomad1324 on November 19, 2016, 09:56:47 am
Maybe. Maybe not.

Then again , I think your statement is correct.

Coltfan2005

JC played Rivercrest closer than I thought they would but this is the game I have been worried about.

CoolBreeze

Cotton Patch Rematch! Can the Colts do it again?

They've won 7 in a row since the slow start, but then Glen Rose has only the one loss, by 3 on the road at Prescott.

Should be a slugfest.

Paperman

It should be a really tough, hard-fought game.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 19, 2016, 01:39:08 pm
Cotton Patch Rematch! Can the Colts do it again?

They've won 7 in a row since the slow start, but then Glen Rose has only the one loss, by 3 on the road at Prescott.

Should be a slugfest.
But then they were a missed two point conversion by Fouke, away from being at home in week one. Giving GR credit for stopping them.😎

SR30

November 19, 2016, 06:31:21 pm #21 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:13:38 pm by SR30
But then GR was 3 points away from mercy ruling Elkins in the 2nd round. It's amazing what happens when you don't underestimate your opponent

Coltfan2005

GR has had a few games where they underachieved and some people thought they were weak. I still think this year's GR team is much better than last years.

big lefty

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2016, 10:10:48 am
No.  The winner of this game will be on the road no matter who win the Charleston/Centerpoint game.
If Centerpoint wins they will travel

bootlegger

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2016, 06:57:18 pm
GR has had a few games where they underachieved and some people thought they were weak. I still think this year's GR team is much better than last years.
coltfan since you think glen rose is much better than last years team how do you feel about our team compared to last years team and do you think the colts can win?

RowdyReputation40

Langston a big reason the Colts got past the Beavers last year. And GR has a better team. I still think it will be very competitive though. GR-28 Crest-22

State champs 2010

The difference for the colts this year is they have multiple weapons. Colts in a tight one 28-20.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bootlegger on November 19, 2016, 08:22:01 pm
coltfan since you think glen rose is much better than last years team how do you feel about our team compared to last years team and do you think the colts can win?

To be honest........... I think Langston leaving made a difference. I think Wilson leaving made a difference. I think losing a few lineman made a difference.....at the first of the season. I believe (and it's all my own opinion) that #1 will be as good a back as Langston was. Remember langston had 4 years to add to his experience and yardage, this young man will have three. With the edition of #4 added to the mix I feel the Colt running game is at this point as good as last years and next year will be even better. The offensive line is playing as well as last year and the option of two QB's with two different styles adds a dimension to the offense that defenses could have a hard time adjusting to in the middle of a game. The defense is almost up to last years, they seem to miss a little leadership. I am not shorting anyone by leaving them out, it is a fine bunch of young men with great talent. I do think next year is the year the Colts have a great chance of winning state. I am not saying they can not do it this year, I just think next year will have so many talented soph and jrs with experience they did not have this year.
Do I think the Colts can win Friday night? Of course I do. They have the heart, the talent, and the desire. But it should be a hard fought game and the Colts will have to have their best game of the season to win.

bootlegger

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2016, 09:12:12 pm
To be honest........... I think Langston leaving made a difference. I think Wilson leaving made a difference. I think losing a few lineman made a difference.....at the first of the season. I believe (and it's all my own opinion) that #1 will be as good a back as Langston was. Remember langston had 4 years to add to his experience and yardage, this young man will have three. With the edition of #4 added to the mix I feel the Colt running game is at this point as good as last years and next year will be even better. The offensive line is playing as well as last year and the option of two QB's with two different styles adds a dimension to the offense that defenses could have a hard time adjusting to in the middle of a game. The defense is almost up to last years, they seem to miss a little leadership. I am not shorting anyone by leaving them out, it is a fine bunch of young men with great talent. I do think next year is the year the Colts have a great chance of winning state. I am not saying they can not do it this year, I just think next year will have so many talented soph and jrs with experience they did not have this year.
Do I think the Colts can win Friday night? Of course I do. They have the heart, the talent, and the desire. But it should be a hard fought game and the Colts will have to have their best game of the season to win.   sounds like a good reponse sort of what i was thinking.i just hope that the field will be in better condition so we can make our cuts and utilize our backs speed and quickness.

Paperman

Quote from: SR30 on November 19, 2016, 06:31:21 pm
But then GR was 3 points away from encyclopedia ruling Elkins in the 2nd round. It's amazing what happens when you don't underestimate your opponent
No offense to the 1-3A, but it is undoubtedly the weakest conference this season! The Beavers are resale good, but can be defeated! I don't put much stock in a blowout win over an over-seeded team from the 1! That is all!

ISU7

Quote from: SR30 on November 19, 2016, 06:31:21 pm
But then GR was 3 points away from mercy ruling Elkins in the 2nd round. It's amazing what happens when you don't underestimate your opponent
Yep but there's no 2nd round without that stop.😎

ISU7

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on November 19, 2016, 08:29:50 pm
Langston a big reason the Colts got past the Beavers last year. And GR has a better team. I still think it will be very competitive though. GR-28 Crest-22
You put Langston on the field without no blocking and see how far he gets plus the freshman that moved up lead the team in tackles in the post season. It took a total team effort. 

Heisman Pose

strongandsteady

Should be a good game I'm taking Glen Rose in the upset 21-27

Paperman

I don't really think I'd call a Beavers victory in this game an upset! But I don't think it will happen!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on November 20, 2016, 01:55:40 pm
I don't really think I'd call a Beavers victory in this game an upset! But I don't think it will happen!
I agree that it wouldn't be an upset. Despite the lower seed, Glen Rose has been ranked higher than Rivercrest since before the season started, usually at #3 behind Prescott and Charleston.

Coltfan2005

Well, I gave my honest opinion of the two teams. Everything from now until Friday 10:00 PM is just smack talk.

Quote from: Heisman Pose on November 20, 2016, 06:40:09 am
Glen Rose 34-20

You picked Rivercrest to beat the rams then on the same day picked the rams to beat Rivercrest, on sept 9th you said rivercrest was no good, you picked Gosnell by 24 over the Colts, Rivercrest and Osceola to beat Piggott, Newport over Rivercrest, Manila over Rivercrest, Piggott over Walnut Ridge....all this year. You may be the only poster on fearless Friday worse at picking winners than I am.

Paperman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 20, 2016, 02:39:01 pm
Well, I gave my honest opinion of the two teams. Everything from now until Friday 10:00 PM is just smack talk.

You picked Rivercrest to beat the rams then on the same day picked the rams to beat Rivercrest, on sept 9th you said rivercrest was no good, you picked Gosnell by 24 over the Colts, Rivercrest and Osceola to beat Piggott, Newport over Rivercrest, Manila over Rivercrest, Piggott over Walnut Ridge....all this year. You may be the only poster on fearless Friday worse at picking winners than I am.
Don't sell yourself short on that Coltfan.

Missco

Rivercrest just gets it done. They are mentally tough kids that are well coached by guys that love that school.  RHS wins over GR by 1.

bootlegger

does anyone from glen rose know if they stream their games

SR30

Not to my knowledge. Last week was streamed by someone from Springdale

Sick Dog

GR will throw all over the Colt defense. GR will stop the run against the colts. This wont even be a game. GR who are no where close to what they were last year will win this one by 28

Heisman Pose

Quote from: Paperman on November 20, 2016, 03:23:22 pm
Don't sell yourself short on that Coltfan.
looks like only 7 losses in 12 weeks according to you, that must mean a lot of correct picks. Also , did you think they were really good after the first few weeks. They were getting smoked and playing sloppy football. The coaching staff has done a great job of having them playing good football down the stretch.

reddiefoozball

how are the field conditions up there at Rivercrest?

ISU7

November 21, 2016, 09:18:14 am #44 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:26:20 am by ISU7
Quote from: Sick Dog on November 21, 2016, 04:15:27 am
GR will throw all over the Colt defense. GR will stop the run against the colts. This wont even be a game. GR who are no where close to what they were last year will win this one by 28
They.were #3 in 3A  state last season and their #3 in 3A state this season. Seem like the same to me. 😷 lol 😎 A team can throw on a team all night long, but catching the ball is another story. As far as stopping the Colts running attack, don't be stunned if the Colts score on their first play from scrimmage.  We can come on here and say what a team will do and really it's called hoping, but in reality the game is played by the players on the field. Hey just ask previously #1 all year in 4A Nashville.  Safe travels to South Mississippi County to the Beavers and their fans.

ISU7

Quote from: reddiefoozball on November 21, 2016, 08:32:55 am
how are the field conditions up there at Rivercrest?
Chance of rain Wednesday,  but I'm banking on the field being good by Friday, that way y'all can chunk that ole pigskin🐖 around all night. 😎

SR30

I think the Colts thought they would score on the first play from scrimmage last year with langston.. however he was tackled for a loss in the backfield by a freshman. However Langston did come on strong throughout the game. I think had the Beavers not had 4 holding calls in a row things could have been a lot different
However you have to play better than they did and can't ever blame the refs for the outcome of the game. Your team has to play well enough to overcome any adversity on the field in order to win

ISU7

November 21, 2016, 10:08:21 am #47 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:11:18 am by ISU7
Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 09:56:41 am
I think the Colts thought they would score on the first play from scrimmage last year with langston.. however he was tackled for a loss in the backfield by a freshman. However Langston did come on strong throughout the game. I think had the Beavers not had 4 holding calls in a row things could have been a lot different
However you have to play better than they did and can't ever blame the refs for the outcome of the game. Your team has to play well enough to overcome any adversity on the field in order to win
Colts never plan on scoring on the first play, but sometimes it happens.  As far as a freshman making the tackle on Langston, why would he not, I truly believe that's what he was out there to do, being he was on defense, so he couldn't been out there to block for Langston. 😷😎 Langston wasn't a super hero.lol Colts didn't score on the first play but they did score twice more than da Rose. Colts had several penalties that night too. 😎

ISU7

Quote from: SR30 on November 21, 2016, 10:15:06 am
Ughh ok sure
Lol just joking around SR30. I'm thinking since the #6. #7 and #8 teams all lost last Friday and #9RiverCrest won, the Crest will move up to #6 and Hootens 3A game of the week will be #3 Glen Rose @  #6 RiverCrest or #2 Prescott @ #4 Fordyce.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas