• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Fordyce

Started by jay nelvin, November 18, 2016, 10:35:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: MOJO on November 21, 2016, 11:33:14 am
I don't think Fordyce struggles with athletic teams because Fordyce has the athletes to compete. I think one of Fordyce's biggest issues is complacency. That's what the Redbugs showed against Paris and Fouke, they went into halftime and got comfortable in turn they got complacent, as if they had the game in the bag. Complacency has derailed many very good teams seasons before. For Fordyce to have a chance in this game they must play four full quarters of football with high intensity from opening kick off until the final whistle.
+1

GrindTime

Quote from: FootballTime44 on November 21, 2016, 08:34:53 am
Fordyce has beaten better teams than Prescott has this year and their only loss was to undefeated Hampton. I hope Prescott wins but I believe Fordyce wins by 10
LIKE WHO? LOL

flow51

My thoughts exactly Grind Time...  ::)

CoolBreeze

Quote from: flow51 on November 22, 2016, 04:09:56 pm
My thoughts exactly Grind Time...  ::)
I wondered about that myself. Prescott has consistently been rated at #1 or #2 in 3A all season. Who is better? No one I saw on their schedule with the possible exception of Hampton who beat them like a drum.  [And, yes, I realize it was game 2.]

RowdyReputation40

He's suggesting that Prescott plays a weaker schedule. Last time I checked 5-3A was the toughest!?

strongandsteady

No doubt it's the toughest but outsiders of the conference just don't know! We will see how tough the 6 is Friday night!

Carljung

Imo Fordyce's out of conference schedule is tougher than Prescott's. Normally Hope is a solid team and contributes to Prescott's sos, but with them being 0-10 this year it hurt. But on the other hand the 5 is tougher than the 6. The 5's 1 seed will beat the 6's, the 5's 2 would be the 6's, the 5's 3 would beat the 6's and the 5's 5 would beat the 6's...the only one the 6 may would win would be the 4...Fouke over Jessieville...maybe

Redbug Loyal

This isn't about the 5 vs. the 6. This is about an old rivalry being dug up, between two teams who's seniors still remember each other from 2013 Jr. High.  Prescott may not be underestimating Fordyce, but y'all are already imagining the semis and state, don't look to far ahead Curley Wolves because before you know it you will be looking at a loss. Whoever wins this game will have to earn it big time.

Wolfpack

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on November 22, 2016, 07:55:59 pm
This isn't about the 5 vs. the 6. This is about an old rivalry being dug up, between two teams who's seniors still remember each other from 2013 Jr. High.  Prescott may not be underestimating Fordyce, but y'all are already imagining the semis and state, don't look to far ahead Curley Wolves because before you know it you will be looking at a loss. Whoever wins this game will have to earn it big time.

Exactly the point. Trust me THE WOLVES are not looking that far ahead. One game at a time. But I know for sure opening round of the playoffs some of the Redbugs player were in Prescott tooting their own whistle about playing PTown, so now they will get their chance!

flow51

Exactly... No one is imagining the semis or state... wolfpack took the words right out of my mouth. There were more people from fordyce at the lakeside game than there were from lake village. Curley Wolves have one thing on their minds and that's the red bugs.

KOJACK

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on November 22, 2016, 07:55:59 pm
These boys ain't worried about a jr high championship from 2013. They got bigger things on their mind. Besides Fordyce is always jr high champs but then something happens from then till sr high. The Curley Wolves will have it on their mind come Friday, the Bugs better or it could get ugly.

Wolfpack

Quote from: KOJACK on November 22, 2016, 08:41:36 pm
These boys ain't worried about a jr high championship from 2013. They got bigger things on their mind. Besides Fordyce is always jr high champs but then something happens from then till sr high. The Curley Wolves will have it on their mind come Friday, the Bugs better or it could get ugly.

If The WOLVES play the way they know how, good sound football on all phases of the game , bringing it on every down, then the score will take care of itself. BACK THE PACK ALL THE WAY!!! NO TURNING BACK NOW!!!

oasistrader

jay nelvin

Can someone please post directions on how to get to the field?  Thanks!

flow51

Hwy 24 to Camden. Hwy 79 to fordyce. As you come into fordyce take west 4th street to the right. Follow it to Atkinson street on your left. Field is on the right. Parking is in the big mud hole on your left. In all seriousness wonder what condition the field will be in...?

jay nelvin

Quote from: flow51 on November 23, 2016, 09:09:41 am
Hwy 24 to Camden. Hwy 79 to fordyce. As you come into fordyce take west 4th street to the right. Follow it to Atkinson street on your left. Field is on the right. Parking is in the big mud hole on your left. In all seriousness wonder what condition the field will be in...?
No telling with the recent rain.  I haven't been to Fordyce since they whipped us in 1997 (still cannot believe they didn't win it all that year).  Looking forward to the trip on Friday, and thanks for the directions!

comeonman

Fordyce 51 Prescott 0000000000000 come on over and get you some

jay nelvin

Quote from: comeonman on November 23, 2016, 10:54:34 am
Watched Fordyce on film last night...I don't think so.

CoolBreeze

Not likely. A win is just possible, but a blow out--NO WAY.

dragondad

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 22, 2016, 10:00:30 pm
Can someone please post directions on how to get to the field?  Thanks!

Just go to the Walmart,  you're there.

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: dragondad on November 23, 2016, 03:17:24 pm
Just go to the Walmart,  you're there.
The field beside Walmart is the practice field. The game field is across town.

FootballTime44

Quote from: GrindTime on November 22, 2016, 03:57:36 pm
LIKE WHO? LOL
My point was they played more consistently strong schedule. They beat Smackover and Junction in back to back weeks.

Carljung

Quote from: FootballTime44 on November 24, 2016, 07:51:08 am

My point was they played more consistently strong schedule. They beat Smackover and Junction in back to back weeks.
Not really back to back, they had that powerhouse Drew Central in between. Also you're talking about Smackover who got beat by McGehee and CHG right? The same CHG that Prescott beat...

jay nelvin

Fun facts:
-Prescott leads this series at 12 wins 10 losses 2 ties
-Prescott and Fordyce first played in 1922 with Prescott winning 34 to 6
-In the 1920s these teams played 4 times with each team winning once and tying twice
-I have no record of the teams playing again until the 1980s with Prescott owning the series this decade at 6 and 2
-Fordyce was dominant in the 1990s owning the series this decade at 7 and 3

I find it hard to believe these teams have only played twice in the 2000s with Prescott winning both games (2012 and 2013).  If anyone has additional information on this series, please post it.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

flow51

Quote from: Carljung on November 24, 2016, 09:15:51 am
Not really back to back, they had that powerhouse Drew Central in between. Also you're talking about Smackover who got beat by McGehee and CHG right? The same CHG that Prescott beat...

+1

flow51

Well after a slow boring week I guess I'll make my prediction... I'll take Prescott 38-20. It will probably be close till late in the 3rd. I believe Fordyce will be to tired to catch up. Just my opinion... Happy Thanksgiving!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: flow51 on November 24, 2016, 10:28:53 am
Well after a slow boring week I guess I'll make my prediction... I'll take Prescott 38-20. It will probably be close till late in the 3rd. I believe Fordyce will be to tired to catch up. Just my opinion... Happy Thanksgiving!!
Wolves wear down the Bugs and pull away in the 4th quarter. Using more players keeps Prescott fresher. Flow 51's prediction of the score sounds about right.

Skip Baymore

November 25, 2016, 12:00:02 am #77 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:20:49 am by Skip Baymore

come on man, comeonman.  Gonna say Prescott by 12 but nothing would completely surprise me in this one.  The winner is very likely to be playing for the championship though, IMO.

Wolfpack

Well it's game day so so ready !

ISU7

Good luck Kojack and the C- Wolves. 🐺

jay nelvin

November 25, 2016, 10:07:09 am #80 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:09:13 am by jay nelvin
Quote from: ISU7 on November 25, 2016, 09:29:22 am
A Curley Wolf looks much meaner than that:)

strongandsteady

Very anticipated and it's finally game day gosh!

KingFootball

Curly Wolves move on in convincing manner. 

KOJACK

Quote from: ISU7 on November 25, 2016, 09:29:22 am
Thanks brother... Good luck to the Colts.

buck98

Will there be a live stream for this game?

KingFootball

Day two of Thanksgiving feasts and I've consumed enough to last me till next week.   Live stream will be all I'm physically able to do tonight.   I hope all the good guys win tonight. 

prescottwolfman

how do you live stream this game

fourpeat

Fordyce 14 Prescott 7.  9:57 in 2nd

fourpeat

8:56 in 2nd. Prescott scores. Misses pat. 14-13 fordyce

fourpeat

2:59 in 2nd. Prescott field goal. 16-14

flow51

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on November 19, 2016, 09:44:20 pm
And I will do the same for you if they score over 14 ;D I like mexican, you can go ahead and start preparing it for me ;)

Got my steak???

KingFootball

A lot closer game than I predicted

fourpeat

10:06 in 3rd. Prescott 22 Fordyce 14

Warriors023

Infamous

Anyone got an update on this game?

jay nelvin

Quote from: Infamous on November 25, 2016, 09:02:09 pm
Anyone got an update on this game?
4Q Prescott up 22 to 14, heck of a game.

fourpeat

9:06 in 4th  Prescott 29 Fordyce14

Infamous

fourpeat

7:07 in 4th.  Prescott 29 Fordyce 20

jay nelvin

Quote from: fourpeat on November 25, 2016, 09:18:52 pm
7:07 in 4th.  Prescott 29 Fordyce 20
Fordyce ball with 5:54 left in the game.  Same score.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas