• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Fordyce

Started by jay nelvin, November 18, 2016, 10:35:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jay nelvin

Quarterfinal clash between old 7-2A conf rivals.  Thoughts?

SR30

Prescott in a old fashion brawl

MOJO

I'm going to be a homer and pull for Fordyce in an upset. Fordyce will have to play four full quarters of football or else the outcome won't be the same as tonight. I remember a couple of years ago Fordyce played Prescott and went into half time up 21-0 and ended up losing that game 22-21. Fordyce will have to bring their A-game for four complete quarters to pull off this upset. But I believe they can do it at Redbug Field in front of what will be an electric crowd and an awesome atmosphere.

strongandsteady

It will be a very exciting game that I can't wait fir right after thanksgiving

ISU7

Gotta go with Prescott and my friend Kojack by 11🐺vs🐞

Hoghead2

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 18, 2016, 10:35:50 pm
Quarterfinal clash between old 7-2A conf rivals.  Thoughts?

7-2A ????   I don't remember Prescott being a AA School in the past 30 years. Perhaps 7-3A. Anyway  Prescott 32 Fordyce 28

jay nelvin

Quote from: Hoghead2 on November 19, 2016, 06:39:08 am
7-2A ????   I don't remember Prescott being a AA School in the past 30 years. Perhaps 7-3A. Anyway  Prescott 32 Fordyce 28

We were AA before all the classification changes less than 20 years ago. 

Skip

Yea 7AA until Arkansas figured out that we were such a big stste and needed 7A classifications

jay nelvin

Does anyone have an injury report on either team?  Looked like Prescott had a couple get injured last night, but I'm not sure on the details.

strongandsteady

flow51

Quote from: MOJO on November 19, 2016, 12:33:55 am
I'm going to be a homer and pull for Fordyce in an upset. Fordyce will have to play four full quarters of football or else the outcome won't be the same as tonight. I remember a couple of years ago Fordyce played Prescott and went into half time up 21-0 and ended up losing that game 22-21. Fordyce will have to bring their A-game for four complete quarters to pull off this upset. But I believe they can do it at Redbug Field in front of what will be an electric crowd and an awesome atmosphere.

Upset? Both #1 seeds but if fordyce wins it will be an upset?

strongandsteady

Cupkake24

Gonna go with the wolves by 2 scores

MOJO

I would consider it an upset if Fordyce was to win. I consider it an upset victory anytime a time isn't particularly supposed to win wins. For instance last year in college football, #9 Michigan State upset #3 Ohio State and prevented the Buckeyes from playing in the College Football Playoff. Of course that wasn't your typical David vs Goliath upset, but at the time that game was considered an upset. Same thing with Fordyce vs Prescott, the Redbugs are still going to somewhat come into this game considered an underdog. Prescott has seemingly been the team to beat all year long. So yes, IMO it would be somewhat of an upset if Fordyce comes out of this game with a victory. Regardless of both teams holding #1 seeds.

flow51

Ok was just curious... Should be a good game!!  One thing for sure... One team will be "upset" no matter how it turns out!!

chilly gilly

Bugs over Curley Wolves by 1 ;D ;D ;D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MOJO on November 19, 2016, 10:52:10 am
I would consider it an upset if Fordyce was to win. I consider it an upset victory anytime a time isn't particularly supposed to win wins. For instance last year in college football, #9 Michigan State upset #3 Ohio State and prevented the Buckeyes from playing in the College Football Playoff. Of course that wasn't your typical David vs Goliath upset, but at the time that game was considered an upset. Same thing with Fordyce vs Prescott, the Redbugs are still going to somewhat come into this game considered an underdog. Prescott has seemingly been the team to beat all year long. So yes, IMO it would be somewhat of an upset if Fordyce comes out of this game with a victory. Regardless of both teams holding #1 seeds.
+1

Ole Man River

Several, several years ago, my Curley Wolves team was beat by the Redbugs 7-6 in 3 OT's in the Regular Season at Fordyce, But got to play them a second time in the Playoffs at Prescott the same year and beat that butt 23-9.  Wolves win again in the Playoffs this year.

flow51

November 19, 2016, 07:03:14 pm #18 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:30:03 pm by flow51
What kind of shape is fordyce's field in?? I know it rained Friday but last time I was there the opposing sideline was standing in mud...

RowdyReputation40

Wolves advance to semis 2 years in a row. 36-21

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: flow51 on November 19, 2016, 07:03:14 pm
What kind of shape is fordyce's field in?? I know it rained Friday but last time I was there the opposing sideline was standing in mud...
Sidelines on both sides becomes muddy very easily, caused by the drain off sytem that keeps the field itself dry.

Carljung

I've heard good things from Fordyce this year. I'm just not sure they can handle the Curley Wolves.

Redbug Loyal

Low scoring, down to the wire, old fashioned fourth quarter football.
Fordyce   12
Prescott   7

HeadBussa08

flow51

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on November 19, 2016, 08:52:02 pm
Low scoring, down to the wire, old fashioned fourth quarter football.
Fordyce   12
Prescott   7

They hold Prescott to 7 points and I'll buy you supper! ;D

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: flow51 on November 19, 2016, 09:42:36 pm
And I will do the same for you if they score over 14 ;D I like mexican, you can go ahead and start preparing it for me ;)

jay nelvin

November 19, 2016, 09:45:31 pm #26 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:47:53 pm by jay nelvin
Quote from: flow51 on November 19, 2016, 09:42:36 pm
I'll buy the dessert!  I dont think anyone can hold the Curley Wolves to one score right now.

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 19, 2016, 09:45:31 pm
I'll buy the dessert!  I dont think anyone can hold the Curley Wolves to one score right now.
I understand that, I still stand by my prediction but it is high school football. Who know's what will happen

flow51

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on November 19, 2016, 09:44:20 pm
And I will do the same for you if they score over 14 ;D I like mexican, you can go ahead and start preparing it for me ;)

I'm more of a ribeye man... I'll take it medium! And I'll make it even better... If they hold Prescott to 14 I'll still buy you your Mexican.

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: flow51 on November 19, 2016, 09:50:15 pm
I'm more of a ribeye man... I'll take it medium! And I'll make it even better... If they hold Prescott to 14 I'll still buy you your Mexican.
Sounds like a plan.  I might buy you your steak even when they are held, fajitas will do BTW

GrindTime

November 19, 2016, 10:27:21 pm #30 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:29:20 pm by GrindTime
I want the wolves to roll into fordyce and destroy them! Dont let up prescotts defense needs to dominate & the offensive line needs to have a great night!

strongandsteady

Prescott's offense looks mighty dominant right now I don't think they will be held under 21

Markadomous

Ole man river that would be 1983 I believe.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Markadomous on November 20, 2016, 12:02:10 am
Ole man river that would be 1983 I believe.
I was there. It was 0 to 0 at the end of regulation and in overtime Fordyce scored first and made their extra point then we got the ball and scored but missed our extra point. We got our revenge in the playoffs though.

Ole Man River

flow51

Man this week is going to drag by... I simply can't wait!

Sports Guru

Hoghead2

Wolfpack

Heard that Fordyce had some injuries last week, any truth to that?

Wolfpack

This will be a great game to come watch. Thanksgiving week, so much to be thankful for. The stadium will be packed with fans on both sides. I know we Wolf fans will pack the stands as if it was a home game. The atmosphere will be electric. Can't wait !!! GO WOLVES GO!!!

jay nelvin

Quote from: Wolfpack on November 20, 2016, 07:30:16 pm
Prescott had some injuries this past Friday.  3 starters are doubtful this Friday.

jay nelvin

Quote from: Wolfpack on November 20, 2016, 07:34:19 pm
This will be a great game to come watch. Thanksgiving week, so much to be thankful for. The stadium will be packed with fans on both sides. I know we Wolf fans will pack the stands as if it was a home game. The atmosphere will be electric. Can't wait !!! GO WOLVES GO!!!
You bet!  Can't wait for the road trip after the Razorback game!

Cupkake24

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 20, 2016, 07:39:57 pm
Prescott had some injuries this past Friday.  3 starters are doubtful this Friday.
2 of them should be good to go

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: Wolfpack on November 20, 2016, 07:30:16 pm
Minor things. All Redbugs should be ready come Friday night.

FootballTime44

Fordyce has beaten better teams than Prescott has this year and their only loss was to undefeated Hampton. I hope Prescott wins but I believe Fordyce wins by 10

reddiefoozball

Fordyce may be one of the only teams who can match some of Prescotts speed, and somewhat match Prescotts size across the board. Prescott doesn't seem to usually play well deep in the playoffs but i hope they can get it done this week. We need the 5 3a back at the rock again.

jay nelvin

Quote from: FootballTime44 on November 21, 2016, 08:34:53 am
Fordyce has beaten better teams than Prescott has this year and their only loss was to undefeated Hampton. I hope Prescott wins but I believe Fordyce wins by 10
I'm not sure about that, although Fordyce has beaten some very good teams.  Good wins for Prescott were Camden HG, Haskell HG, Piggott, Glen Rose, and Centerpoint.  Three of those wins are against teams still playing, and they destroyed a Piggott team that won convincingly against Rivercrest.  We could argue this subject all day, but we'll see what happens Friday night.

Wolfpack

Prescott is just as good as Hampton if not better.  Fordyce seem to struggle with playing talented athletic teams. They were in a good game with Fouke and did not score the second half against Paris. If that accounts for anything. They gone have to come with it a lot better.

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: Wolfpack on November 21, 2016, 09:41:02 am
Prescott is just as good as Hampton if not better.  Fordyce seem to struggle with playing talented athletic teams. They were in a good game with Fouke and did not score the second half against Paris. If that accounts for anything. They gone have to come with it a lot better.
Hampton was week two. Lots of changes since that game.

MOJO

Quote from: Wolfpack on November 21, 2016, 09:41:02 am
I don't think Fordyce struggles with athletic teams because Fordyce has the athletes to compete. I think one of Fordyce's biggest issues is complacency. That's what the Redbugs showed against Paris and Fouke, they went into halftime and got comfortable in turn they got complacent, as if they had the game in the bag. Complacency has derailed many very good teams seasons before. For Fordyce to have a chance in this game they must play four full quarters of football with high intensity from opening kick off until the final whistle.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas