• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

schools with turf thread

Started by Made, November 14, 2016, 09:18:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Made

there used to be a thread with schools with turf but can't seem to find it. I know that lots of higher classification schools are now moving to turf fields, and can only think of 2 off the top of my head in 3a that have them Osceola and Newport. How many others now have turf?

athletic supporter

Paperman

rayzorbackfan

Glen Rose and Haskell Harmony Grove

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: rayzorbackfan on November 14, 2016, 09:37:03 am
Glen Rose and Haskell Harmony Grove

Same person bought both these turfs. I wish we would have someone that would do that for our school.

Made

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 14, 2016, 09:43:02 am
Same person bought both these turfs. I wish we would have someone that would do that for our school.
lol no kidding right? I have heard there is a place that will do turf for basically free if you allow ads on your field and they will go out and find the people to donate for the ads. Think the problem with that is that you have to be in a location where they would want to advertise. Don't know if many 3a population areas would fit the bill for the need to advertise there.

Jimbo Morphis

Should have gotten Buckfever to do it before his grandson graduated.

adaptedtigerfan

Write them a check....   it could be called Home of the "Proud Smorphlet Leparoos"

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 14, 2016, 09:47:50 am
Write them a check....   it could be called Home of the "Proud Smorphlet Leparoos"

If I had that much money... I wouldn't be working 1,300 hours overtime a year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Made on November 14, 2016, 09:46:15 am
lol no kidding right? I have heard there is a place that will do turf for basically free if you allow ads on your field and they will go out and find the people to donate for the ads. Think the problem with that is that you have to be in a location where they would want to advertise. Don't know if many 3a population areas would fit the bill for the need to advertise there.

They don't do it for free.  They amortize it out for 5 years and the sponsors have an annual payment.  School getting the field does the $$ leg work.

redandgray

Rivercrest is supposed to have a new stadium with turf field out by the high school on the interstate next year.

RowdyReputation40

No need get turf when you have the best natural surface in the state.

thabeast428

Proud Buckaroo:

--- Quote from: rayzorbackfan on Today at 09:37:03 am ---Glen Rose and Haskell Harmony Grove

--- End quote ---

Same person bought both these turfs. I wish we would have someone that would do that for our school.                                 Get Jerry Langley to buy it for y'all lol he got plenty of money     

big lefty

Same person (business ) didnt buy both they committed to Glen Rose turf but backed out.

Paperman

Newport has turf as well. Forgot about the Hounds field  ::)

adaptedtigerfan

I believe Newport was mentioned in the very first post.

Hgalum50

Turf isn't to fun to play on tho! All them dang turf burns! Lol

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 14, 2016, 02:46:05 pm
Turf isn't to fun to play on tho! All them dang turf burns! Lol
Helps in the rain, though. Don't need to play in hip boots.

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 14, 2016, 09:26:02 am
Charleston
For the record, not that it matters, but I prefer the grass. Though I will say we have an excellent facility!

JC Guy

I was told one time that Jerry offered and they didn't want it. Did you ever hear that?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: JC Guy on November 16, 2016, 02:03:31 pm
I was told one time that Jerry offered and they didn't want it. Did you ever hear that?

Yes. I actually heard that one as well. Someone told me he told the school to just get the field fixed. Do whatever it took and he would write the check.

That's just hearsay though. Not 100%.

Missco

I like natural grass. Piggott just improved their complex but chose grass over turf. I can understand Rivercrest wanting turf but grass done right is better. I am glad RHS is getting a new stadium. They deserve it since the community actually supports the program unlike Osceola that has the nicest emptiest stadium in the state.My how things have changed.

Paperman

Quote from: Missco on November 20, 2016, 03:50:37 pm
I like natural grass. Piggott just improved their complex but chose grass over turf. I can understand Rivercrest wanting turf but grass done right is better. I am glad RHS is getting a new stadium. They deserve it since the community actually supports the program unlike Osceola that has the nicest emptiest stadium in the state.My how things have changed.
Missco, it all about the kids and parents. I can assure you though, there are just as many people sitting in vehicles outside the fence at Colts games as there are at Seminole games and Colts games sitting in the stands. I do agree, I remember driving over from Memphis to watch games at Osceola back in the 90s. The place was packed. It just doesn't seem to captivate the people anymore around here like it once did. Sad. But the Colts do deserve a new home. There fan base is still very solid and supportive.

Hawgeye

Didn't Smackover just spend nearly $2million on an indoor practice facility? Seems like there is oil money in that town that could cover the cost of getting turf on that terrible field that is actually in a nice stadium.

mao

Incorrect

Colts8654

I hope Rivercrest new stadium has more home seating.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas