• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA vs Newport Round 2 3A playoffs

Started by Inigo Montoya, November 14, 2016, 08:42:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HA
21 (36.2%)
Newport
37 (63.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

CoolBreeze

Quote from: pylon2pylon on November 17, 2016, 05:44:44 pm
Harding will experience physicality for the first time this season and MELT. They are incredibly undersized on D line and o line vs Newport. Of course, you wildcat fans will contest because it's better to hate on the hounds than love them...but the truth will be told tomorrow night. Newport has been a defensive machine this year, and very balanced offensively. Harding will have to do more than try to throw to 18. Speaking of which..... Hounds by 18+. Gonna leave alot of your jaws on the ground for me to laugh at Saturday morning.
Why is it that for some people any one who questions their overly optimistic evaluation of their teams ability or their chances in a particular game is guilty of "hate"? Is the skin so thin that it cannot tolerate any doubt that their opinions are not the equivalent of holy writ? Give us a break. No Harding supporter "hates" the Hounds. They just don't agree with your assessment of their merits relative to the Wildcats.

HA can beat Newport, if they play their best game. That doesn't mean they will. They have to eliminate mistakes they have made in recent games and have their passing game at peak performance to beat a good team like the Hounds. But it can be done.

I don't hate everyone I disagree with. I disagree with my wife often. Had some knock down drag out verbal battles with my son when he lived at home, but I never hated either of them.

Bwana

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 18, 2016, 11:07:47 am
Why is it that for some people any one who questions their overly optimistic evaluation of their teams ability or their chances in a particular game is guilty of "hate"? Is the skin so thin that it cannot tolerate any doubt that their opinions are not the equivalent of holy writ? Give us a break. No Harding supporter "hates" the Hounds. They just don't agree with your assessment of their merits relative to the Wildcats.

HA can beat Newport, if they play their best game. That doesn't mean they will. They have to eliminate mistakes they have made in recent games and have their passing game at peak performance to beat a good team like the Hounds. But it can be done.

I don't hate everyone I disagree with. I disagree with my wife often. Had some knock down drag out verbal battles with my son when he lived at home, but I never hated either of them.
LOL it happened in the BK-CP thread as well.. No one from BK said anything about blowing CP out but posters from their own conference started mouthing about anyone that thinks BK will blow CP out has lost their minds.. I think some of these folks talk just to hear their own brains rattle and end up arguing with themselves..

panther07

Quote from: Bwana on November 18, 2016, 11:24:18 am
LOL it happened in the BK-CP thread as well.. No one from BK said anything about blowing CP out but posters from their own conference started mouthing about anyone that thinks BK will blow CP out has lost their minds.. I think some of these folks talk just to hear their own brains rattle and end up arguing with themselves..

BK is going to thump Centerpoint.  I'll be shocked if it's within 2 td's.

sprained ankle

I think Newport has a chance to win tonight!

Williebe147

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 18, 2016, 11:40:58 am
Everyone playing tonight has a chance to win.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 18, 2016, 11:40:58 am
Of course they do. They're a good team. And the weather conditions may favor their type of play.

When two good teams get together, the winner is usually the one which brings its best game. I understand from FF that Newport has been beset by penalties in previous weeks. Hounds will need to clean that up.

HA has also had too many penalties and too many turnovers of late. They will need to play a clean game, or very nearly so, to defeat such a worthy opponent. And possibly play their best game of the year on both sides of the ball.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: pylon2pylon on November 17, 2016, 05:44:44 pm
Harding will experience physicality for the first time this season and MELT. They are incredibly undersized on D line and o line vs Newport. Of course, you wildcat fans will contest because it's better to hate on the hounds than love them...but the truth will be told tomorrow night. Newport has been a defensive machine this year, and very balanced offensively. Harding will have to do more than try to throw to 18. Speaking of which..... Hounds by 18+. Gonna leave alot of your jaws on the ground for me to laugh at Saturday morning.
Congratulations to Hounds on a hard-fought win and an excellent comeback. But I think, you'll have to admit that the Wildcats did NOT melt when they faced Newport's physicality. It took the Hounds almost 47 minutes to take the lead. They fought hard and acquitted themselves well, but came up short.

Paperman

sprained ankle

Harding offense gained 100yds. Never threatened. Newport gained over 300yds. Hounds kept pushing made the plays when the game was on the line. The 3-3a will be well represented in the final 8.

WilderKat

I think the new coach probably learned an important lesson: Don't have a pizza party at halftime. Wait till AFTER the game.

it is another halftime now at alumni field....I hope coach is cussing the mothers who bore such greazy fingered receivers, and spineless lineman, ... We will see

Infamous

November 19, 2016, 05:23:23 pm #60 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:45:23 pm by Infamous
First, hats off to the players and coaches. They went on the road, overcame turnovers and found a way to win. You can't give them enough credit.

I'm glad I didn't read this thread before the game. A poster in this thread representing my alma mater embarrasses me. There's nothing wrong with being confident going into a game, but to dispel the chances of the defending state champions on their own home field is ridiculous. And, like CoolBreeze said, even with all the "physicality" Newport possesses and "ability to make the opponent melt," it took the Greyhounds almost 47 minutes to take their first lead.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Infamous on November 19, 2016, 05:23:23 pm
First, hats off to the players and coaches. They went on the road, overcame turnovers and found a way to win. You can't give them enough credit.

I'm glad I didn't read this thread before the game. The posters in this thread representing my alma mater are embarrassing. There's nothing wrong with being confident going into a game, but to dispel the chances of the defending state champions on their own home field is ridiculous. And, like CoolBreeze said, even with all the "physicality" Newport possesses and "ability to make the opponent melt," it took the Greyhounds almost 47 minutes to take their first lead.

Poster not posters

Infamous

Skip Baymore

November 20, 2016, 12:35:42 am #63 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:03:48 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: WilderKat on November 19, 2016, 02:37:00 pm
I think the new coach probably learned an important lesson: Don't have a pizza party at halftime. Wait till AFTER the game.

it is another halftime now at alumni field....I hope coach is cussing the mothers who bore such greazy fingered receivers, and spineless lineman, ... We will see

H.A. fielded it thinnest team this year in more than a decade.  8 seniors, 5 new O-line, new Coach and a team that never took the field with at least one of its key players injured.  And lost a conference game for the first time in I think 7 years.   The QB position will be a notch or two better for HA next year with Harlow, and Morgan.  HA had barely more than 100 yds total offense yet anyone who saw this game could say they still should have won it.  Newport was the better team though in this game and won it in the last half of the 4th quarter.  HA's lineman were actually very good in this game.  And its First Security Stadium.

WilderKat

WilderKat

....but, good eye Skip Bayless. You might think about sports journalism.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas