• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA vs Newport Round 2 3A playoffs

Started by Inigo Montoya, November 14, 2016, 08:42:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HA
21 (36.2%)
Newport
37 (63.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Inigo Montoya

Wildcat

Harding by 14. Harding has a year in year out consistent winning teams and Newport stays inconsistent have watched Newport film and they habe to many mistakes to take the Wildcats.   

CoolBreeze

Wildcats will have to play much better than they did against Lamar to be the Hounds. Cut way down on penalties and eliminate turnovers.

Gr3yhounds

I think Newport will pull this one out but they must cut down on penalties, they have to not underestimate Harding, nothing is definite in the playoff.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on November 15, 2016, 12:14:40 pm
I think Newport will pull this one out but they must cut down on penalties, they have to not underestimate Harding, nothing is definite in the playoff.
I'd be very surprised if either of these teams takes the other lightly. Each knows that the season is on the line. Each has had some tough losses. Could be the start of a new rivalry between these two schools who are not far apart geographically. Look for a hard-fought game by two well-matched teams.

May each team do their best and remain injury-free. Safe travel down U.S. 67 for Newport team and fans.

Lions84

Hounds will out run the Wildcats for the win this week.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Lions84 on November 15, 2016, 03:03:56 pm
The Wildcat D has improved since Balk Knob ran them ragged in week 4. Running the ball might be a bit more difficult than the Hounds expect.

'Cats can also play ball control when needed. Also, they threw for 4 TD's last week and weren't really at their best. The pass-oriented offense might be a real challenge for a run-oriented team like Newport.

Hound father

Newport has a qb and receiving core that will make u have to stay honest. The qb has thrown for more than a thousand yards already.

Redwolves8526

panther07

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 16, 2016, 08:16:34 am
Newport by 2 TD's

Keep em coming!! You continue to be our good luck charm the back half of the season. 

Inigo Montoya

Well alrighty then :D

Wildcat

Maybe out run them but how about out pass them? You need to consider both factors

sprained ankle

Quote from: Wildcat on November 16, 2016, 01:45:35 pm
Maybe out run them but how about out pass them? You need to consider both factors
According to Maxpreps the kid from Newport has passed for 1245yds with 15tds and 3 ints. No bad for a running team.

BAMA#16

Newport has the horses, but HA has the experience, if HA gives the QB time to throw, this will be a game, if not, Hounds run away with it.

State champs 2010

Wildcat

According to Maxpreps the kid from Newport has passed for 1245yds with 15tds and 3 ints. No bad for a running team.

most of those passing yards are just 3rd and long lucky pass plays that ran for 30yds

CoolBreeze

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 16, 2016, 08:37:28 pm
Newport with the upset 21-20!
What upset? Are any of the "experts" predicting a Harding win?

Wildcat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 17, 2016, 10:47:28 am
What upset? Are any of the "experts" predicting a Harding win?

I think harding is going to win and i'm a self proclaimed expert so the answer is yes

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wildcat on November 17, 2016, 10:50:19 am

I think harding is going to win and i'm a self proclaimed expert so the answer is yes
But you don't have quotation marks around the word "expert." LOL.

I'm sure you are well aware that I was referring to Hootens, CalPreps, etc.

Wildcat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 17, 2016, 10:54:47 am
But you don't have quotation marks around the word "expert." LOL.

I'm sure you are well aware that I was referring to Hootens, CalPreps, etc.

oh yeah i was just kidding i knew you were referring to hootens

Gr3yhounds

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Newport is so inconsistent that they only missed the playoffs 1 time in 2015 the last 20+ years!  Pretty impressive always have some athletes for sure!

Proud Buckaroo

Harding gets the win. But Newport will make it close.

Coltfan2005

If Harding Academy can keep the pressure on, Newport will self destruct. Pulling for the Hounds but self discipline can be a problem.

CoolBreeze

For you Hound fans who can't make it to the game, you can get the livestream at http://stereamer.tcworks.net:8000/kvhu.

sprained ankle

Quote from: Wildcat on November 17, 2016, 10:42:44 am

most of those passing yards are just 3rd and long lucky pass plays that ran for 30yds
let's throw in 2 backs with over 1000yds apiece along with the lucky QB and maybe Newport can make a game of it.

panther07

November 17, 2016, 03:38:46 pm #26 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:40:52 pm by panther07
Quote from: sprained ankle on November 17, 2016, 02:51:19 pm
let's throw in 2 backs with over 1000yds apiece along with the lucky QB and maybe Newport can make a game of it.

2 backs over 1000? leader only has 1045 from what I've seen. At least that's what Hootens reported I believe.   The other one that close to him?

sprained ankle

Quote from: panther07 on November 17, 2016, 03:38:46 pm
2 backs over 1000? leader only has 1045 from what I've seen. At least that's what Hootens reported I believe.   The other one that close to him?
yes sir The second back got somewhere around 150 last week which puts him right at 1000yds

sprained ankle

I have a correction for the second back from Newport. He is at 972yds.

Warriors023

Harding is a good team, but they CAN NOT stop the run up the middle if you have a back with some size and power. They stopped Lamar's midline for less than 4 yards only twice. If Newport plays ball control and pounds it down HA throat, they may take the win. I'll take HA. 28-20 over Newport. That back-up QB is a stud as well, extremely fast and shifty. Hope you've got some speed on the edges and some good DE's

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 17, 2016, 05:30:15 pm
Harding is a good team, but they CAN NOT stop the run up the middle if you have a back with some size and power. They stopped Lamar's midline for less than 4 yards only twice. If Newport plays ball control and pounds it down HA throat, they may take the win. I'll take HA. 28-20 over Newport. That back-up QB is a stud as well, extremely fast and shifty. Hope you've got some speed on the edges and some good DE's

If they cannot stop the run up the middle... Why didn't you guys keep doing that and get the win? lol.

Warriors023

November 17, 2016, 05:33:16 pm #31 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:38:01 pm by Warriors023
We made mistakes on Defense. We were our own enemy last Friday. Blown coverages and the whole lot just added up to be too much. Our first drive of the game was killed by a holding penalty after a near 40 yard run by Davenport that was called back. Almost pulled out a comeback, but almost only counts with horseshoes and handgrenades as the saying goes

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 17, 2016, 05:31:10 pm
If they cannot stop the run up the middle... Why didn't you guys keep doing that and get the win? lol.

Maybe they can't run up the middle..........

elvis26

;) I believe Newport will win by 14!!!!!!! speed and defense kills!!!!!!

pylon2pylon

Harding will experience physicality for the first time this season and MELT. They are incredibly undersized on D line and o line vs Newport. Of course, you wildcat fans will contest because it's better to hate on the hounds than love them...but the truth will be told tomorrow night. Newport has been a defensive machine this year, and very balanced offensively. Harding will have to do more than try to throw to 18. Speaking of which..... Hounds by 18+. Gonna leave alot of your jaws on the ground for me to laugh at Saturday morning.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: pylon2pylon on November 17, 2016, 05:44:44 pm
Harding will experience physicality for the first time this season and MELT. They are incredibly undersized on D line and o line vs Newport. Of course, you wildcat fans will contest because it's better to hate on the hounds than love them...but the truth will be told tomorrow night. Newport has been a defensive machine this year, and very balanced offensively. Harding will have to do more than try to throw to 18. Speaking of which..... Hounds by 18+. Gonna leave alot of your jaws on the ground for me to laugh at Saturday morning.

It's definitely easier to hate the hounds than love them. I don't see HA melting for anyone.

pylon2pylon

True....it's easier. Like I said, the truth will be told. That league isn't like ours with rivercrest, piggott, Manila, walnut ridge...physical football teams in other words. Harding will melt just like mayflower did. You could hear mayflower coach on the sideline......his team was beat from the kickoff on. Too much hitting and physicality for mayflower. I suspect the same for Harding. They are pass oriented, "finesse" football. That just don't cut it when you're getting smacked in the mouth every snap.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: pylon2pylon on November 17, 2016, 06:44:13 pm
True....it's easier. Like I said, the truth will be told. That league isn't like ours with rivercrest, piggott, Manila, walnut ridge...physical football teams in other words. Harding will melt just like mayflower did. You could hear mayflower coach on the sideline......his team was beat from the kickoff on. Too much hitting and physicality for mayflower. I suspect the same for Harding. They are pass oriented, "finesse" football. That just don't cut it when you're getting smacked in the mouth every snap.

Do not compare mayflower to Harding. You will be sadly mistaken. lol.

There is a big difference in the 5th seed and the 2nd seed. BIG difference.

Proud Buckaroo

And yes, they may be pass "oriented" but they do have a really good RB. You go ahead and game plan for passing the ball. You will get beat.

pylon2pylon

I'm not gameplanning for anything...but I do know if Harding tries to run it, they'll run into the best defense they've seen all year. Then what? Throw it....?

Btw, like I said....lots of jaws on the ground for me to laugh at Saturday morning.

And yes, Harding is not that good..I said it. Answer this... who have they beat? Mayflower hung 22 on them. Newport controlled mayflower on both sides handedly. Cedar ridge...really? Rose bud haha...a bye week...I'll give them Barton. But the only real competition they have faced is bald knob and they gave up nearly 50. Exactly what toughness is anyone speaking of coming out of Harding Academy?

Look at the fan poll. Most people agree with me. Hounds take this by 18+.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: pylon2pylon on November 17, 2016, 07:04:22 pm
I'm not gameplanning for anything...but I do know if Harding tries to run it, they'll run into the best defense they've seen all year. Then what? Throw it....?

Btw, like I said....lots of jaws on the ground for me to laugh at Saturday morning.

And yes, Harding is not that good..I said it. Answer this... who have they beat? Mayflower hung 22 on them. Newport controlled mayflower on both sides handedly. Cedar ridge...really? Rose bud haha...a bye week...I'll give them Barton. But the only real competition they have faced is bald knob and they gave up nearly 50. Exactly what toughness is anyone speaking of coming out of Harding Academy?

Look at the fan poll. Most people agree with me. Hounds take this by 18+.

You only scored 7 points on Piggott. lol...

Ever heard of Smackover? That was some good competition. Second week of the year though.

So what if they gave up 20 points to mayflower. See.. What happens when a team goes up by 15-20 points. They usually pull their starters. You should probably take THAT into consideration.

Carljung

No team I've ever seen pulls starters up by 15 or 20...

pylon2pylon

Piggott is one heck of a football team. Yet, we pulled out a win with a goal line stop for the win. We came thru in a big time pressure situation when the conference, at the time, hung on that moment. What defining games has HA played this year? None, because their league is soft. And what about smackover??? You're claiming a loss against smackover as some kind of testament to HA's ability to play rough and tumble football? That's silly. Anyways, im not gonna continue to argue my point. I just don't believe HA has what it takes to hang with a physical Newport team. Call us what you want...undisciplined...mistake ridden....whatever. At the end of the day, HA will never want the Hounds again after tomorrow night...I can guarantee that.

panther07

November 18, 2016, 08:04:55 am #43 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:09:23 am by panther07
Quote from: pylon2pylon on November 17, 2016, 07:29:47 pm
Piggott is one heck of a football team. Yet, we pulled out a win with a goal line stop for the win. We came thru in a big time pressure situation when the conference, at the time, hung on that moment. What defining games has HA played this year? None, because their league is soft. And what about smackover??? You're claiming a loss against smackover as some kind of testament to HA's ability to play rough and tumble football? That's silly. Anyways, im not gonna continue to argue my point. I just don't believe HA has what it takes to hang with a physical Newport team. Call us what you want...undisciplined...mistake ridden....whatever. At the end of the day, HA will never want the Hounds again after tomorrow night...I can guarantee that.

Just real quick.  I'm going to piggy back on some of your previous posts..  My memory eludes me from time to time so help me out for a minute.  Hasn't Harding Academy played that Riverside or crest or whatever sometime recently? What happened in that game?

I know.. New year.  But for you to come on here and act like HA has never played a physical football team because our "league is soft" is so stupid.  HA's history speaks for itself. 

HOUND15

Finally it's game day!! GO HOUNDS GO!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on November 18, 2016, 08:04:55 am
Just real quick.  I'm going to piggy back on some of your previous posts..  My memory eludes me from time to time so help me out for a minute.  Hasn't Harding Academy played that Riverside or crest or whatever sometime recently? What happened in that game?

I know.. New year.  But for you to come on here and act like HA has never played a physical football team because our "league is soft" is so stupid.  HA's history speaks for itself.
HA is always undersized compared to many of the teams they play. Yet, year after year they continue to win over bigger, more physical teams, including 2 state championships in the last 5 years. Lamar's big physical team on both offense and defense should be sufficient preparation for Newport's brand of "smash mouth football."

And what is more, Wildcats don't quit.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 18, 2016, 09:02:02 am
HA is always undersized compared to many of the teams they play. Yet, year after year they continue to win over bigger, more physical teams, including 2 state championships in the last 5 years. Lamar's big physical team on both offense and defense should be sufficient preparation for Newport's brand of "smash mouth football."

And what is more, Wildcats don't quit.

They must not have played a physical team in either of those state titles..

2wordsdefense

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 17, 2016, 12:54:27 pm
For you Hound fans who can't make it to the game, you can get the livestream at http://stereamer.tcworks.net:8000/kvhu.

Awesome.  Thanks cool, but Greyhound Football is always on 96.7 FM and streamed through the 'Sudbury Radio Sports' app each week.

mtindian42

I will take the hounds in this one. By 6

WilderKat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas