• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City @ Rivercrest

Started by Ghost of Colts52, November 11, 2016, 09:46:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

bleudog

November 19, 2016, 07:19:43 am #401 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:40:58 am by bleudog
Quote from: ISU7 on November 19, 2016, 05:13:41 am
I sure was hoping they would punt and not go for those two yards they needed. Whew!!!!!  I talk to Coach Carpenter, Dragondad and #55F.Daniels great people. I want the JC fans to know J. Dancy is in my prayers.  😇

Thank you for your comments, but wasn't that two yards closer to five.  Either way, hindsight would tend to favor trying to get that first down and possibly running out the clock.  Even getting a 10-20 yard punt off could have possibly salted the game away.  The game was a classic and it was unfortunate either team had to leave the field with a loss.

(and for those who don't know, Daniels is a state weight lifting champion and record holder.)

NEark tigers

Great job, Colts...

Represent Northeast Arkansas...

thabeast428

I directly said I wasn't sure is why I was asking! Gtf outa here if u can't read

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on November 19, 2016, 09:17:09 am
Great job, Colts...

Represent Northeast Arkansas...
Thanks bro Good luck to Earle next week at England.

ISU7

Quote from: Hawgeye on November 19, 2016, 05:14:28 am
Perfectly legal in high school.

The rule is, if a player comes on the field late, he must be lined up inside the numbers. If he lines up outside the numbers, it's a penalty.

Was the right "no call" by the crew. Rivercrest did not commit a penalty. In fact, you can break the huddle with 22 men, or 2 men if you want. It doesn't matter. As long as there are 11 men on the field, 7 men on the LOS, and anyone that comes on late is inside the numbers...it is legal.

The problem with high school football rules, is everyone sits on their couch and watches college and NFL on the weekend and think the same rules apply to all of them. Its amazing at games how many times someone will holler at you(the official)and have no idea what they're talking about.
I think y'all do a great job officiating games 😷😎

Head Lion

ISU7, the Colts didn't beat the untouchable, unbeatable, unbelievable Junction City did they?

Paperman

HL sloppy field stymied both offenses for the most part! Turnovers and bad snaps led to all four touchdowns. Both JC scores made by defense (both on fumble returns). RHS had 123 yards and Dragons only 72! Both defenses were outstanding!

mtindian42

It was a fun game to watch. RC is tough on D... JC was good as well. The mudd had alot to do with total yards. There was a couple times if the JC guy could keep his footing he was gone... RC had the same problem... If this game was played on a dry field it would have been a shoot out...(imo)

dragondad

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 19, 2016, 09:05:33 pm
It was a fun game to watch. RC is tough on D... JC was good as well. The mudd had alot to do with total yards. There was a couple times if the JC guy could keep his footing he was gone... RC had the same problem... If this game was played on a dry field it would have been a shoot out...(imo)

+1   I think the field made as many stops as each team did.  I know RC will be glad to get that new field.   Hope it dries out before next Friday so the Colts can show out.

ISU7

Quote from: dragondad on November 20, 2016, 12:37:38 am
+1   I think the field made as many stops as each team did.  I know RC will be glad to get that new field.   Hope it dries out before next Friday so the Colts can show out.
Thanks sir they will do their best.😎

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on November 19, 2016, 06:53:17 pm
ISU7, the Colts didn't beat the untouchable, unbeatable, unbelievable Junction City did they?
I wouldn't say the word beat, but yes Colts pull one out once again.  Heartbreaking lost for a tough great bunch of kids, coaches and respectful fans from JC.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2016, 01:51:00 am
I wouldn't say the word beat, but yes Colts pull one out once again.  Heartbreaking lost for a tough great bunch of kids, coaches and respectful fans from JC.
Sounds like a classic, best of luck to the Colts.

dragondad

I believe this link will get anyone interested to the pics of the game on my Facebook page,  if not shoot me a PM and I'll do something different.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210947428427579&id=1409544926

THA TRUTH

Congrats to rivercrest both teams capitalized on mistakes but one team had one  to many....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas