• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City @ Rivercrest

Started by Ghost of Colts52, November 11, 2016, 09:46:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost of Colts52

Coltfan2005

If the JC team from tonight comes to Wilson, the Colts will have to have a horrible game to lose. 8)

Paperman

That was impressive as they have been all season on offense in the first 24 minutes! RHS was itough on both sides of the ball! Dragons will have to be really good to win in the Cotton Patch

BAMA#16

OB11

One things for sure. Between Rivercrest, Barton, and Junction City...that's a lot of tradition and playoff success coming across the Cotton Patch for its last hoorah. 

THA TRUTH

Gonna be sad the last game on it is gonna be an L for ur boys

amehr36

OB11

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 11, 2016, 10:19:26 pm
Gonna be sad the last game on it is gonna be an L for ur boys

Yeah I don't think they'll be able to beat Glen Rose or Elkins...which ever one has to make the trip.  8) ;D

THA TRUTH

Glen Rose just beat fouke because they went for two and that's who ur worried about

OB11

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 11, 2016, 10:26:53 pm
Glen Rose just beat fouke because they went for two and that's who ur worried about

Just being facetious.  Got all week to speculate about this one.  Wanted to interject some humor before the insults started flying.   

Coltfan2005

Rest assured, the Colts are not worried about jc. The team and coaches will not look past them but they have to be looking at the same films I have. jc is a decent team but they just are not that good. Too many mistakes and not as much speed as the Colts have faced and beaten this year. The Colts have improved each week and jc has not. But if the Colts do have a bad game and jc plays above their abilities resulting in a Colt loss...we won't sit around during the off season calling them losers.

Ghost of Colts52

As I am watching JC film, it is a much different team than what I had thought. One thought keeps coming to mind in this Fordyce game. Why isn't #5 getting the ball more?

THA TRUTH

This will be the best D rivercrest will have faced and better hope they hit some passes... if not the crest won't get over two scores

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 11, 2016, 10:39:51 pm
Rest assured, the Colts are not worried about jc. The team and coaches will not look past them but they have to be looking at the same films I have. jc is a decent team but they just are not that good. Too many mistakes and not as much speed as the Colts have faced and beaten this year. The Colts have improved each week and jc has not. But if the Colts do have a bad game and jc plays above their abilities resulting in a Colt loss...we won't sit around during the off season calling them losers.

Yep,  the Colts are on fire....not everyone can beat a 2-4 / 4-5 5th seed team by 30 pts.

Or it could just be that your opinion of "not very good" applies equally, if not more so, to the Colts.

State champs 2010

Been watching some JC film.. Colts will run all over them... All night long.. TBH!

Ghost of Colts52

I'm sorry, I'm two games deep into this JC film and I don't think they can beat Rivercrest. it may not be close. If #5 can be contained, Rivercrest can run away with it. No, you will not have the best defense we have seen all year. JC is a pretty good team for sure, but this Rivercrest team is just a better football team. #9 doesn't throw the ball very well. Why do y'all throw so much with that kid?

Ghost of Colts52

Rivercrest is most comparable to Fordyce in y'alls conference. We are a little bigger than them, about the same speed, and we don't throw as much as them.

State champs 2010

JC's run defense is not very good..

dragondad

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 11, 2016, 11:08:46 pm
Rivercrest is most comparable to Fordyce in y'alls conference. We are a little bigger than them, about the same speed, and we don't throw as much as them.

Then you're in serious trouble.

bleudog

November 11, 2016, 11:11:26 pm #19 Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:15:24 pm by bleudog
Quote from: OB11 on November 11, 2016, 10:14:05 pm
One things for sure. Between Rivercrest, Barton, and Junction City...that's a lot of tradition and playoff success coming across the Cotton Patch for its last hoorah. 

Assuming the FF numbers are good:

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: (8) 1997, 1994, 1993, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1978
TOTAL PLAYOFF APPEARANCES: 36
PLAYOFF RECORD: 71-28

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: (6) 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2003
TOTAL PLAYOFF APPEARANCES: 20
PLAYOFF RECORD: 56-13

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: (2) 2010 1985
TOTAL PLAYOFF APPEARANCES: 32
PLAYOFF RECORD: 42-29

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2016, 11:10:46 pm

How so?

I think the Colts will handle JC pretty easy. It'll be a tough physical game, but the Colts should prevail by 2 or 3 TDs

dragondad

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 11, 2016, 11:14:11 pm
How so?

I think the Colts will handle JC pretty easy. It'll be a tough physical game, but the Colts should prevail by 2 or 3 TDs

Really,  so you should've beaten Manila by two or three additional touchdowns.....

We lost starters in the Smackover game and just got two of them back tonight,  neither are totally 100% today and we basically matched your score vs Manilla.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on November 11, 2016, 09:51:32 pm
That was impressive as they have been all season on offense in the first 24 minutes! RHS was itough on both sides of the ball! Dragons will have to be really good to win in the Cotton Patch
Especially without their leading rusher and leading tackler on defense.  The freshman running back is playing tremendous on both sides of the ball. He's definitely a playmaker. Hopefully #1 and #3 will be ready to go next week.  I don't think the d-line for JC will be able to handle the Colts O-line. Colts will have to make sure tackles and stop #23 from JC. Should be a good game. I'm hoping the rain hold off but if it's wet JC passing game could be effective. Safe travels to the Dragons and their fans.

THA TRUTH

Rivercrest percentage wise runs 80% of their plays behind 77... he will tell u were the ball is going most of the time and his stance will tell u when a pass play is called

ISU7

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 11, 2016, 10:58:03 pm
This will be the best D rivercrest will have faced and better hope they hit some passes... if not the crest won't get over two scores
Lol are you a comedian,  you're too funny.  😷😷😷😎

ISU7

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2016, 11:03:50 pm
Yep,  the Colts are on fire....not everyone can beat a 2-4 / 4-5 5th seed team by 30 pts.

Or it could just be that your opinion of "not very good" applies equally, if not more so, to the Colts.
Colts could've won this game by 70 .Starters were pull before half and played no more.

THA TRUTH

Negative... I've seen enough of both teams to know what they have to offer

THA TRUTH

Quote from: ISU7 on November 11, 2016, 11:29:31 pm
Colts could've won this game by 70 .Starters were pull before half and played no more.

Wow congrats.... such and outstanding accomplishment

ISU7

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 11, 2016, 11:20:58 pm
Rivercrest percentage wise runs 80% of their plays behind 77... he will tell u were the ball is going most of the time and his stance will tell u when a pass play is called
Good keep watching 77 you might be surprised.  Also every team they play know what's coming, but can you stop it. 👀👀👀

THA TRUTH

So does everyone Jc has played and since week 7 Taylor has over 1000 yards

Ghost of Colts52

THA TRUTH

Ghost of Colts52

He can play for sure. Why do y'all throw so much? Pass plays look really sloppy.

ISU7

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2016, 11:18:19 pm
Really,  so you should've beaten Manila by two or three additional touchdowns.....

We lost starters in the Smackover game and just got two of them back tonight,  neither are totally 100% today and we basically matched your score vs Manilla.
We played at Manila, our starters didn't play none in the 4th qt. Well I guess it should be a great game.

ISU7

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2016, 11:10:46 pm
So us being compared to Fordyce makes us in trouble. Hmmm Fordyce 26 JC 13. Colts are in big trouble. 

KOJACK

November 12, 2016, 12:34:06 am #35 Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:46:05 am by KOJACK
Junction 3A run ends this week... I've got the Colts and my boy ISU7 by 21.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: BAMA#16 on November 11, 2016, 09:54:10 pm
Game of the week.

That's what I'm thinking too.  I think you could make a good argument for either team beating the other. 

imtie

There is one thing you all do not know about JC. They will always make big plays. They thrive off of them. I'm sorry but it does not matter how u view them they are not to be taking lightly. You will pay if u do. I got the dragons 24-21 in this one.

Daddyrat

Manila played great game tonight and the record may not show it but it was the most competitive team we've ever had... With that said I will say JC passing game might be one of best I seen for sure vs 3a3 this year and #5 is as good of running back as you will see and defense has speed  Colts may just be one of the strongest running team in 3a as they come.... OL and DL  own teams and your playing at cotton patch. Colts pound the ball all night and I see JC getting little gas'd on defense of in 4th. JC showed great sportsmanship tonight during and after the game. Good luck to 3a3 Colts bring another win to Mississippi county and good luck on deep run in playoffs...It's Hoop time in Manila land!!! See y'all on the hardwood

Proud Buckaroo

November 12, 2016, 08:33:54 am #39 Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:38:00 am by Proud Buckaroo
9-19... That night be one of the best passing games you've seen versus 3A-3. I know two of them went for TDs. But your conference must not pass the ball at all.

thabeast428

It should of been 12-19 but we dropped the ball 3 times that should of been caught Bc we were wide open. So for the most part the qb played a lot better than recently.

cuz

JC will have to play a lot better to beat Rivercrest. They looked somewhat better against Manilla but still played inconsistent and gave up too many big plays. JC has some good RB's and need to use all of them.  Solid football will be the only way they advance...

dragondad

If not for another careless penalty that didn't effect the play but negated a touchdown,  JC would've had over 500 yards offense.  From all I've seen and read,  JC and Rivercrest are pretty evenly matched,  I suspect next Fridays game to be a close one regardless of who comes out on top.

THA TRUTH

Yea Joe def looked better last night especially when he was out of the pocket passing

dragondad

And that interception was a desperation throw,  gotta learn to just eat it or throw it away.

dragondad

Quote from: ISU7 on November 11, 2016, 11:56:31 pm
So us being compared to Fordyce makes us in trouble. Hmmm Fordyce 26 JC 13. Colts are in big trouble.

The fact that you don't pass as much

Coltfan2005

Quote from: thabeast428 on November 12, 2016, 08:53:23 am
It should of been 12-19 but we dropped the ball 3 times that should of been caught Bc we were wide open. So for the most part the qb played a lot better than recently.
Quote from: dragondad on November 12, 2016, 09:15:12 am
If not for another careless penalty that didn't effect the play but negated a touchdown,  JC would've had over 500 yards offense.  From all I've seen and read,  JC and Rivercrest are pretty evenly matched,  I suspect next Fridays game to be a close one regardless of who comes out on top.
Quote from: dragondad on November 12, 2016, 09:18:14 am
And that interception was a desperation throw,  gotta learn to just eat it or throw it away.

Wow

AirWarren

Pulling for the colts.

Not playoff football in Arkansas if the Rivercrest Colts aren't making a run.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 12, 2016, 10:14:13 am
Wow

??  If you've got something to say, just say it.  Glad you're aparently amazed

Coltfan2005

week after week, the same stuff.   :'(

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas