• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 3/16

Started by qhmurph, March 16, 2009, 05:45:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

qhmurph

West Memphis @ Searcy
       0                   3

Great Job Searcy !

Underthelights

Alma 2
Clarksville 0

Marrs picks up the win....

stattracker

crabby patty

Does anybody know if Pea Ridge win tonight?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: crabby patty on March 16, 2009, 09:20:41 pm
Does anybody know if Pea Ridge win tonight?
They lost to Elkins.

Gravette beat Gentry 6-4, I think.

OLDBEAR

Greenbriar beat Benton 4-2 in 8 innings.  Greenbriar used 2 different pitchers who both threw very well.  Benton had a couple of errors at the wrong time, walks at times hurt and didn't do a very good job of getting the ball in play on offense.  Credit to Greenbriar, though.  They had a couple of strong hits and took advantage of the Lady Panthers' mistakes.

softballheaven

ArtR

Earl , was that YOU at the Gravette/Gentry game?  :o

crabby patty

Is Pea Ridge a 4a school?

ArtR

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: ArtR on March 16, 2009, 09:51:29 pm

The one that calmly called time and had a discussion with the assistant coach? The one that called the runner out at 3rd for violating rule 8-7?

No, that wasn't me ;)

Who are YOU? :o

stattracker

Quote from: softballheaven on March 16, 2009, 09:50:23 pm
Quote from: stattracker on March 16, 2009, 09:02:50 pm
Bryant 2  russ  1

Who pitched for Bryant?

Peyton pitched 4 innings and faced the minimum amount of batters with only 1 BB and 2 k's. The only better to reach base was thrown out attempting to steal.

Christen pitched the final 3 innings giving up 1 hit 2k's 1 BB and 2 hp. It got scary at the end, but they held on for the win. It was tough trying to hit the pitching. Their defense was better than described. They only made a few errors and I think only 1 of those cost them. Their SS played very well tonight. They were just overmatched at the plate tonight.I will say that I was not happy with the umpires that were calling the games tonight. I would not bring them to any of my games. What's up with the 3 run limit per inning too? I thought league ball was over. It was in the JV game.

Earl, we can't get away from it when we get to high school.lol.

Earl is my Hero!!

A lot of places use the 3 runs, 3 outs, 3 innings for JV. I hate it.

I hated it when my kid played JV, and I hate it now for every kid that works their tail off in practice only to get a shortened, bastardized game because some coaches are too lazy to let them get 5 real innings of ball in.

ArtR

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 16, 2009, 10:12:30 pm

The one that calmly called time and had a discussion with the assistant coach? The one that called the runner out at 3rd for violating rule 8-7?

No, that wasn't me ;)

Oh!!!     Well I'm the one that would have made sure the red carpet was rolled out,   had I only known which one you were!!       :)

stattracker

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 16, 2009, 10:22:33 pm
A lot of places use the 3 runs, 3 outs, 3 innings for JV. I hate it.

I hated it when my kid played JV, and I hate it now for every kid that works their tail off in practice only to get a shortened, bastardized game because some coaches are too lazy to let them get 5 real innings of ball in.

We played 5 innings, but it I don't understand the 3 run thing. I was looking for a coach to be pitching too, or maybe bring a machine out. 8)

Probably even better: just bring the umpire 3 balls and ask himt to soft toss them to you. If you miss all three you're out. 8)

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: ArtR on March 16, 2009, 10:24:12 pm

No, that wasn't me ;)

Oh!!!     Well I'm the one that would have made sure the red carpet was rolled out,   had I only known which one you were!!       :)

It's easy. I was the one that got every call right.

ArtR

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 16, 2009, 10:36:49 pm
Quote from: ArtR on March 16, 2009, 10:24:12 pm

No, that wasn't me ;)

Oh!!!     Well I'm the one that would have made sure the red carpet was rolled out,   had I only known which one you were!!       :)

It's easy. I was the one that got every call right.

Some might disagree with you on that,   but not me!!!   
My momma didn't raise any fools!      ;D

Hammer90

Quote from: qhmurph on March 16, 2009, 05:45:55 pm
West Memphis @ Searcy
       0                   3

Great Job Searcy !

Did Shelby pitch for West Memphis?

qhmurph

Mike Love

How sharp was she? She just played her last bball game Friday night, and i had talked to her, she hadn't been able to practice with team. Heard that "fish" looked pretty good.

Earl is my Hero!!

Yukon Cornelius

Foreman 3
Liberty Eylau Tx. 1

From the Texarkana Gazette

Foreman 3, L-E 1

FOREMAN, Ark.—Foreman sophomore Kimmy Beasley held Liberty-Eylau hitless and struck out 13 in leading the Lady Gators past L-E.

Beasley also drove home two runs for Foreman (7-2) with a grounder in the first inning and a single in the sixth. Kelsey Ross also had a run-scoring single for the Gators.

L-E (0-11) scored in the sixth on a fly to right that was ruled an error. Ebony Vaughn scored for the Lady Leopards. Freshman Karlee McDonald pitched her best game of the season for L-E, scattering seven hits.

Liberty-Eylau 000 001 0 — 1 0 3

Foreman 200 001 x — 3 7 2

Kaylee McDonald and Stormie Huggins; Kimmy Beasley and Christian Beasley. WP-K. Beasley; LP-McDonald.

qhmurph

Amb had 18Ks. I think 3 hit.  I've seen a pretty big difference in her this yr from last. She has added some speed as well. She looks more confident out there.
  However, Searcy as a Team  has made some big big strides. They made some great plays yesterday ,and I did not expect them to hit as well as they did.Waiting to see how they will stack up against Jacksonville, Benton , and Mountain Home. These girls are capable of making some noise, but they gotta hit.
Girls, 3rd strike (((((((RUN!!!!)))))))

Shelby Jo looks faster , 3-4 mph. I don't know enough about her , or her abilitys to make more assessments. Her Rise and screw looked good. I'm not sure who was calling her pitches.They let to many things get by
We capitalized on some errors. We also had some solid hits, and good coaching. WM just did not look ready.

momof15

West Memphis just ended basketball Saturday. I am pretty sure this was Shelby Jos first game. She is a really good player both pitching and hitting. I have never seen any one quicker to a bunt than her either. She is just a really good athlete.

attaboy

Quote from: momof15 on March 17, 2009, 12:30:06 pm
West Memphis just ended basketball Saturday. I am pretty sure this was Shelby Jos first game. She is a really good player both pitching and hitting. I have never seen any one quicker to a bunt than her either. She is just a really good athlete.

I know her dad so it all had to come from her mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stattracker

Quote from: attaboy on March 17, 2009, 01:00:21 pm
Quote from: momof15 on March 17, 2009, 12:30:06 pm

I know her dad so it all had to come from her mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isnt that the case with all of them though? 8)

Mike Love

:o Statt, you don't know my DD's mother.... nobody does. PM me about your thoughts on what we discussed earlier.

ladycatmom

Rison 11 Drew Central 9 in 8th inning.  Great game.  Rison 2 and 0 in conference play

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas