• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best District Finals Matchups?

Started by 94hogs, February 17, 2017, 09:28:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

94hogs

Which 2 games(boys and girls) are gonna be the games to watch?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: 94hogs on February 17, 2017, 09:28:10 am
Which 2 games(boys and girls) are gonna be the games to watch?
If mineral springs is on, Kirby could lose the district finals. Didn't shoot well last night. So could be a good game. (Boys) then acorn girls moving up the freshman, split the season with Kirby with both teams winning at home. So round three at acorn.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 09:35:41 am
If mineral springs is on, Kirby could lose the district finals. Didn't shoot well last night. So could be a good game. (Boys) then acorn girls moving up the freshman, split the season with Kirby with both teams winning at home. So round three at acorn.

Both could be very good games.  Kirby boys struggled last night to get anything going (aside from Smith).  He carried the load for them.  Acorn boys played probably as well as they could but just ran out of gas.  It was a fun game to watch when you didn't have a dog in the fight.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 17, 2017, 09:54:20 am
Both could be very good games.  Kirby boys struggled last night to get anything going (aside from Smith).  He carried the load for them.  Acorn boys played probably as well as they could but just ran out of gas.  It was a fun game to watch when you didn't have a dog in the fight.
I wasn't able to make it, heard we got a slow start along with acorn trying their hardest not to be that 4 seed. So it happens. Mineral can go now. They have the team looking good.

BannerMountainMan

HoopMan

Boys:
Shirley/Concord- Shirley beat concord by 8 at concord this year, and concord missed 20 free throws. Shirley beat Concord by 20 at Shirley, and the 23 kid for Shirley shot lights out. This time being on a neutral court I feel like it will be a good game, but I see Shirley winning by around 10.

Guy/Marvell- I don't know how these games went this year, but im assuming guy won both meetings. Im expecting the same tonight.

Girls:
Rural Special/Concord- Rural Special beat Concord in close game at Rural early this year, and then Concord beat them in the semi finals of a tournament, and at concord. All of these games were pretty close if I remember right, so it could go either way. But im saying concord by 8.

Wonderview/Nemo Vista- I have seen these teams play in the state finals, and the finals of every tournament for about the past 4 years it seems like. It is always back and forth and low scoring. I expect the same tonight with nemo for the win. That's all they know how to do. I suspect a very, very good game.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 10:12:34 am
I wasn't able to make it, heard we got a slow start along with acorn trying their hardest not to be that 4 seed. So it happens. Mineral can go now. They have the team looking good.

Kirby didn't shoot well and Acorn kids crashed the glass.  Acorn survived by hitting the 3's and Kirby survived with Smith.  Then Acorn ran out of gas and Kirby started getting some easier looks.  The better team won without a doubt but kudos to Acorn for battling.  Mineral Springs could really give teams fits with their depth.  And if they shoot the 3-ball well and get some easy transition points, the Trojans may have their hands full tonight.  If Acorn wasn't so far away, I might go watch.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HoopMan on February 17, 2017, 10:43:02 am
Boys:
Shirley/Concord- Shirley beat concord by 8 at concord this year, and concord missed 20 free throws. Shirley beat Concord by 20 at Shirley, and the 23 kid for Shirley shot lights out. This time being on a neutral court I feel like it will be a good game, but I see Shirley winning by around 10.

Guy/Marvell- I don't know how these games went this year, but im assuming guy won both meetings. Im expecting the same tonight.

Girls:
Rural Special/Concord- Rural Special beat Concord in close game at Rural early this year, and then Concord beat them in the semi finals of a tournament, and at concord. All of these games were pretty close if I remember right, so it could go either way. But im saying concord by 8.

Wonderview/Nemo Vista- I have seen these teams play in the state finals, and the finals of every tournament for about the past 4 years it seems like. It is always back and forth and low scoring. I expect the same tonight with nemo for the win. That's all they know how to do. I suspect a very, very good game.

Guy and Marvell haven't played this year

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 17, 2017, 11:13:55 am
Kirby didn't shoot well and Acorn kids crashed the glass.  Acorn survived by hitting the 3's and Kirby survived with Smith.  Then Acorn ran out of gas and Kirby started getting some easier looks.  The better team won without a doubt but kudos to Acorn for battling.  Mineral Springs could really give teams fits with their depth.  And if they shoot the 3-ball well and get some easy transition points, the Trojans may have their hands full tonight.  If Acorn wasn't so far away, I might go watch.
Itll come down to who is hitting shots.

HoopMan

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HoopMan on February 17, 2017, 11:34:09 am
Thank you! I wasn't aware
they play a lot alike, could be one of the best games so far this year plus Nemo/Wonderview play which is always great for girls. So it's gonna be worth the price of admission but I don't know about the gas.

iliketoball

Quote from: HoopMan on February 17, 2017, 10:43:02 am
Boys:

Girls:

Rural Special has beat concord twice. Once in the conference game and the other in the Greers Ferry Lake Classic. Concord has only beat them once in the most recent conference game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas