• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A-2S District Tournament

Started by ZacAttack, February 12, 2017, 12:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle_Mom_2

Eagles advance over Midland. Not terribly surprising....just as I predicted, Eagles in flight. When girls win, we will be set up to fly into both finals. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: bball2015 on February 14, 2017, 01:23:03 pm
Are the 1A-2S district tournament games being lived streamed by chance?

They can be viewed live....in Brady-hipp-richey Arena. Get there! World class nachos and best girls post player in the state in class a. Pretty good super sophomore coming off the bench who hits big shots as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 14, 2017, 07:01:23 pm
They can be viewed live....in Brady-hipp-richey Arena. Get there! World class nachos and best girls post player in the state in class a. Pretty good super sophomore coming off the bench who hits big shots as well.

Was told Shirley was streaming on Facebook earlier...Idk about now

Bomberman

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 14, 2017, 07:01:23 pm
World class nachos and best girls post player in the state in class a.
I admit I haven't watched this team play but best girls post player? Who is this post that is the best in the state and why do you think she is the best in the state? Is she better than Cooper from ICC, better than Dodson from Norfork?

gamechanger11

Man some pretty good games there. Was impressed with the effort Timbo boys plays played with was impressed with the talent and size of ws girls. But the night belonged to the horrible calling. Man would think it would be better for a sr high district tournament. Yikes

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: gamechanger11 on February 14, 2017, 10:40:43 pm
Man some pretty good games there. Was impressed with the effort Timbo boys plays played with was impressed with the talent and size of ws girls. But the night belonged to the horrible calling. Man would think it would be better for a sr high district tournament. Yikes

Nothing wrong with officiating at our hosted tournament. Why is it that someone always has to complain about things when we host tournaments...first our food is too spicy in hospitality room, then the hot dogs were cold in the middle at concession stand, there wasn't any soap or hand sanitizer in bathroom, now the officiating. Always something for these critics to complain about. Next thing you know some Concord fan will complain our gym isn't purple and gold during boys games because they've beaten us about 12 straight times at our gym. Good grief. Can we move on? Tournament has been great amd, despite lack of other parents helping me out, we've made it happen so far smoothly.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 14, 2017, 10:47:54 pm
Nothing wrong with officiating at our hosted tournament. Why is it that someone always has to complain about things when we host tournaments...first our food is too spicy in hospitality room, then the hot dogs were cold in the middle at concession stand, there wasn't any soap or hand sanitizer in bathroom, now the officiating. Always something for these critics to complain about. Next thing you know some Concord fan will complain our gym isn't purple and gold during boys games because they've beaten us about 12 straight times at our gym. Good grief. Can we move on? Tournament has been great amd, despite lack of other parents helping me out, we've made it happen so far smoothly.
hey just think your 1 of the two teams in the conf that are going to regionals in boys and girls

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 14, 2017, 10:57:00 pm
hey just think your 1 of the two teams in the conf that are going to regionals in boys and girls
Speaking of, was sure pulling for your girls today. Had predicted they'd win and then they'd beat our little step sisters, Rural Speckle in the next game to make finals, but just wasn't meant to be this year. Young group though that will get a bunch better next year I'd say.

riccoar

Quote from: Bomberman on February 14, 2017, 08:40:08 pm
I admit I haven't watched this team play but best girls post player? Who is this post that is the best in the state and why do you think she is the best in the state? Is she better than Cooper from ICC, better than Dodson from Norfork?
Probably talking about Bryanna Smith.  She can shoot outside and handle her own offensively and defensively down low.  Solid game.  They have gotten better with the Freshmen additions as well.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 15, 2017, 07:56:55 am
Never been two impressed with the smith girl. She runs to about half court on defense and gets mad when team mates turn it over. That's why our girls are terrible. It doesn't help bozo jr is on the sidelines for them either.
shes the reason you made it this far

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 15, 2017, 08:48:45 am
What? Two first round of regonals? Whoop titty do
shes the reason you got the 3 seed.

gamechanger11

Ws girls will win tourn most likely they now have to much size and lots of talent

gamechanger11

I actually expect a good game and could see this going either way.

HoopMan

I think Rural Special and Concord probably moved up some players as well. I wouldn't say they will win it. I do think their chances greatly improved though!

riccoar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 15, 2017, 08:25:57 am
shes the reason you made it this far
From her play last night, I'd say she's the best player on the WS girls squad.

SackAttack

Quote from: gamechanger11 on February 15, 2017, 09:32:02 am
Ws girls will win tourn most likely they now have to much size and lots of talent
Totally disagree I have Concord girls by ten or more over Westside!! Concord should win this game bad officiating and all and it doesn't matter that it is on Westsides court. If Concord doesn't win this well then oh well

riccoar

Have not seen Concord play.  But WS did get deeper with Fresh adds.  They simply ran SSBB into the ground physically with the speed of the game.

Boatrocks

If you talking about the big girl being the best on the team, she turned the ball over 5 or 6 possessions at the very start of the game. Has limited ball handling skills, and berates the other team members and the coach openly on the floor. He should bench her occasionally till she learns some respect. Not very impressed!

CrispyLips

Well she was voted an all-state player last year by the coaches and I'm sure she get the honor again. I'm assuming your daughter probably isn't as good as good as the smith girl or isn't as good as you imagine her to be. Either way, the smith girl will be the only reason y'all make state

Areyoukiddingme

Overrated! The last few games should have proved that!

Areyoukiddingme

More worried about the points club than winning games.

BannerMountainMan

She scored like 25+😂😂 I watched the game and just because she had a rough first 7 minutes does not mean she is overrated

CrispyLips

If she isn't on WSGFs team then they don't make regionals.

Areyoukiddingme

There's more to the game than scoring kiddos! She's a good player with a bad attitude on the floor. How's her defence, rebounding, turnovers and assists Mr. Stats?

Bigleague

Let's just ask this.    If you had to start a team with only 1 player off that team.  Who would it be??

BannerMountainMan

February 15, 2017, 02:38:36 pm #75 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:58:59 pm by BannerMountainMan
It would have to be Bry and then Ms. Broadway

Areyoukiddingme

Areyoukiddingme

Broadway or Roberson. Way better ball skills, can defend and score.

thebigtiger

Hard to win games scoring none!
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Don't count us out just yet!

Areyoukiddingme

Hard to win a game when your girls are at the house!

thebigtiger

Quote from: Areyoukiddingme on February 15, 2017, 03:31:25 pm
Hard to win a game when your girls are at the house!
Smith girl by far best on that team followed by a couple of those role players!  Just my opinion I've only seen them play 5 or 6 times this year.  Maybe she is trying to help the other girls by motivating them when they turn it over left and right?!

CrispyLips

Broadway and Robertson turn the ball over probably ten times a game between the two of them but if you'd rather have them then the smith girl you are either
A) a VERY biased parent or family member or
B) Someone who doesn't even know what basketball is

thebigtiger

Quote from: CrispyLips on February 15, 2017, 05:15:18 pm
Broadway and Robertson turn the ball over probably ten times a game between the two of them but if you'd rather have them then the smith girl you are either
A) a VERY biased parent or family member or
B) Someone who doesn't even know what basketball is
What numbers are the Broadway and Roberson?  I don't really remember them

Areyoukiddingme

Not a parent or family member! Might not be as sharp about basketball as some on here, but I do know Smith dribbles at her ears and turns the ball over. She's a good player, but she is not the only reason we are in regionals..... And as Eagle Daddy said ( and this is about all I agree with him on) it's an open forum so you don't have to like my opinion! Get some chap stick!

CrispyLips

Smith may turn it over but the other two do it just as much, and they should be better at ball control considering they are guards hehe but what do I know
On a another note what about those concord lady pirates!?!
Pretty decent supporting cast but that there Benton girl can really put on a show, head and shoulders above the rest I would say
EAD @areyoukittenme

Areyoukiddingme

We definitely have a good chance! All player notes aside, a team victory is the important thing. I think we can agree on that.

Boatrocks

Let me just qualify my statement with a few examples:
Eagle mom stresses "BEST" in 1A:

The maggie girl from Nemo Vista
The brunette from Wonder View
The blonde from Concord
The point guard from rural special
Earl has a standout girl.
And those are just off the top of my head.

As far as All-State and all-conference those are submitted by the coach, he's allowed a certain amount for season, district, regional and State. (If your nominated you win)

As for her ppg, if you average her percentages I'm sure you would be quite surprised. (If she touches the ball she shoots it)

with those points made, she is a good player but by no means the "BEST" in 1A

CrispyLips

riccoar

Quote from: Boatrocks on February 15, 2017, 06:47:08 pm
Let me just qualify my statement with a few examples:

The maggie girl from Nemo Vista

This girl has the most pure jump shot I've ever seen in girls basketball.  Loved watching them and WV go at it last year.

ZacAttack

Here's the schedule for today's games:

SG: 4:00 p.m. #1 Rural Special vs #4 Midland
SB: 5:15 p.m. #1 Shirley vs #4 Westside
SG: 6:30 p.m. #2 Concord vs #3 Westside
SB: 7:45 p.m. #2 Concord vs #3 Timbo

riccoar

Also, just an FYI.  It's 50 cent Corn Dog day at your local Sonic.  If your headed to the games at WSGF tonight, hit em up on your way by.

CrispyLips

Good mornan boys and girls. Got some great games lined up today, I can't wait to watch those lady pirates! IMO gonna be the best game of the night. That Benton girl can really put on a show, definitely the best on the team and possibly best in conference!

HoopMan

Quote from: CrispyLips on February 16, 2017, 07:31:59 am
Good mornan boys and girls. Got some great games lined up today, I can't wait to watch those lady pirates! IMO gonna be the best game of the night. That Benton girl can really put on a show, definitely the best on the team and possibly best in conference!

Ehhh that's a close one. I thought 23 was their best player. I think her last name is Davis.

gamechanger11

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ZacAttack on February 16, 2017, 07:01:14 am
Here's the schedule for today's games:

SG: 4:00 p.m. #1 Rural Special vs #4 Midland
SB: 5:15 p.m. #1 Shirley vs #4 Westside
SG: 6:30 p.m. #2 Concord vs #3 Westside
SB: 7:45 p.m. #2 Concord vs #3 Timbo
i like the last game A lot!

Bigleague

Make some predictions banner.   

ballmember

Rural girls win
Shirley boys win
Westside girls win
Best game of night-concord boys beat timbo

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: thebigtiger on February 14, 2017, 07:22:22 am
  Refs haven't liked our coach since the start because he is young. 

Big Tiger,

I've been out of the loop recently and just read this passage on your post.  As a fan of this great sport and former official with 20 years experience, let me say that a coach being young has nothing to do with if an official "likes" them or not.  It is a matter of respect.  Officials deserve it just like coaches do.  If a young coach is doing his/her job and coaching the kids I didn't have any issues with them.  If they decided that they need to yell at me like I'm one of their players or complain about each & every call.  They lost my respect.  To get respect, you must give respect.  I would respect any coach until they crossed the line.  Once that happens, you can't blame the officials. 

Having said all that, I gained the respect of most coaches that I worked for.  I only handed out a handful of T's to coaches my last few years.  I mostly T'd up players who thought they could question me or my partners like they see NBA players do on TV.  Doesn't work in high school ball with me.

HoopMan

Quote from: ballmember on February 16, 2017, 09:19:27 am
Rural girls win
Shirley boys win
Westside girls win
Best game of night-concord boys beat timbo

I agree. The last two games will be really good.

thebigtiger

Quote from: gamechanger11 on February 16, 2017, 08:41:54 am
Speaking of major attitude.
Which one has major attitude Benton or Davis or both?  Looking forward to the Concord Wsgf game and the game after 😈!  My predictions are Concord girls by 15+ even though I feel like home court is good for WSGF and the coaching edge goes to WSGF.  The talent level at Concord girls is better.  And I think Timbo wins by 4.  And I hope I get to see Attack of the sack I'd like to tell him and Banner Boy a couple of things in private.  Not to be said on here!  Anyways good luck to all and be careful see everyone in a bit

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas