• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's do it

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 01, 2017, 11:18:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

February 01, 2017, 11:18:20 am Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:23:31 am by BannerMountainMan
Can someone big on here make a pick em for the district, regional, and state tourney because I think it would be fun, may the best man (or Eagle mom) win.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 01, 2017, 11:18:20 am
Can someone big on here make a pick em for the district, regional, and state tourney because I think it would be fun, may the best man (or Eagle mom) win.

District brackets are a you know what to get in "normal" years.....May be impossible to get this year before tournaments start....We could do a region and state bracket though. 

BannerChaser95

February 01, 2017, 09:25:51 pm #2 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:55:56 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 01, 2017, 07:39:47 pm
District brackets are a you know what to get in "normal" years.....May be impossible to get this year before tournaments start....We could do a region and state bracket though.
I'm interested in regional and state pick Ems

BannerMountainMan

In your in favor say "I'm in favor"  below  ;D

PeedeecreekBoy99

SackAttack

yesteryearman

February 03, 2017, 05:40:41 am #6 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:45:54 am by yesteryearman
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 01, 2017, 09:25:51 pm

I looked at the state brackets, and at least to me they are confusing to say the least, as I am used to looking at the traditional 16 team brackets.  So, I looked at the Regionals and based on the fact that I have seen few games this year, and based on what I have read here, I'll take a shot at the state quarterfinals, semis's and finals, and here is how I see the Regionals

Region 1  Alpena and Deer ????
Region 2  Bay and IZCC
Region 3 Guy and Shirley
Region 4 Kirby and County Line
Region 5 Nevada and Emerson

Quarterfinals

Nevada vs Shirley
Guy vs Kirby
Marvell vs County Line
Bay vs Emerson

Semi's

Nevada vs Kirby
County Line vs Bay

Finals

Kirby vs Bay

Now don't torch me too bad if I have misread the brackets and have these all mixed up

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 03, 2017, 05:40:41 am
I looked at the state brackets, and at least to me they are confusing to say the least, as I am used to looking at the traditional 16 team brackets.  So, I looked at the Regionals and based on the fact that I have seen few games this year, and based on what I have read here, I'll take a shot at the state quarterfinals, semis's and finals, and here is how I see the Regionals

Region 1  Alpena and Deer ????
Region 2  Bay and IZCC
Region 3 Guy and Shirley
Region 4 Kirby and County Line
Region 5 Nevada and Emerson

Quarterfinals

Nevada vs Shirley
Guy vs Kirby
Marvell vs County Line
Bay vs Emerson

Semi's

Nevada vs Kirby
County Line vs Bay

Finals

Kirby vs Bay

Now don't torch me too bad if I have misread the brackets and have these all mixed up
as for how you're reading the bracket I'm unsure. I'd have to double check but looks close for sure. I thought Shirley was in the other side of the bracket if they lost to guy. But I may be mistaken.

However. Kirby may be a 2 seed in state. Meeting bay in semi's, with the region  at county line, I've been told tough to win their. And to me if county line wins the region, I'm taking Kirby Guy finals, if county line loses. I'm taking your Kirby Bay final.

Pending of course district and regionals.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 01, 2017, 09:25:51 pm

This work for everyone?

HorseFeathers

Okay...So you guys want a bracket Pickems...Like the NCAA tournament brackets...Or day by day..?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 03, 2017, 03:53:40 pm
Okay...So you guys want a bracket Pickems...Like the NCAA tournament brackets...Or day by day..?
do the full bracket I like the intangibles. May have a quarterfinal game completely wrong. I like that.  But that's just my opinion

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 04:18:36 pm
do the full bracket I like the intangibles. May have a quarterfinal game completely wrong. I like that.  But that's just my opinion

Could make it real interesting....Project the region brackets....Then use your projections to do the state bracket....Ha...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 03, 2017, 04:19:50 pm
Could make it real interesting....Project the region brackets....Then use your projections to do the state bracket....Ha...
have some crazy projections. Some teams left at the house in the final four.

I'd probably just start with the brackets tho personally after the first round of regionals. With state being bigger than ever. I say wait till me know the 20 teams.then do the predictions. May have 1 seeds as 4. And 2 seeds as 3. In years past where the regionals were pre determined. We're region 4  played all four ball games against one of the other regions. However now 3 seed could match up with a soft 2. And now a 2 can match up with a stronger 3 than ever. I like it that way where we know the 20!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 04:28:19 pm
have some crazy projections. Some teams left at the house in the final four.

I'd probably just start with the brackets tho personally after the first round of regionals. With state being bigger than ever. I say wait till me know the 20 teams.then do the predictions. May have 1 seeds as 4. And 2 seeds as 3. In years past where the regionals were pre determined. We're region 4  played all four ball games against one of the other regions. However now 3 seed could match up with a soft 2. And now a 2 can match up with a stronger 3 than ever. I like it that way where we know the 20!!

So....The pick em will be a bracket style pick'em....5 regions and 1 state tournament...Boys and...Girls?

BannerChaser95

February 03, 2017, 05:36:27 pm #15 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:37:42 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 03, 2017, 04:37:02 pm
So....The pick em will be a bracket style pick'em....5 regions and 1 state tournament...Boys and...Girls?
of course. Have to have the girls, teams having exceptional years. Norfork, wonderview and others. And upcoming teams like acorn playing better. Have to include girls.  Best way to do it. Is start Tuesday after the 1/4's play. Will have 10 boys teams and 10 girls already in. Then finish Wednesday night and let everyone go crazy.

Of course for the regional bracket you have Sunday and Monday to fill them out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas