• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional Berths

Started by hogheaven11, January 29, 2017, 09:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogheaven11

Teams that have clinched regional berths for each district.
1A-2 North
Girls- Norfork, ICC
Boys- ICC, Mammoth Spring

Post em.

no mascot

Dang touchy! I guess somebody's got a poor seed in district!

0415ars

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 30, 2017, 08:04:07 am
If u post regional berths. You oviously don't make it to regionals often. Hehe just sayin. Kinda like saying "state bound" hehe
Actually i cant remember the last time when ICC & Norfork girls or boys didnt at least make Regionals. Good lord. Why are people such mean rears on here.

Motownsportsfan

Looking at State matchups. Winner of region 4 (WV/Nemo) will play winner of Region 3 (Norfork/ICC) in second round on girls side. If I'm looking at it correctly then a really good team will be going home early.

Woodrow1

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 30, 2017, 10:04:20 am
Looking at State matchups. Winner of region 4 (WV/Nemo) will play winner of Region 3 (Norfork/ICC) in second round on girls side. If I'm looking at it correctly then a really good team will be going home early.

Is Bay not good enough to win Region 3?  I haven't seen them play, but heard they were pretty good.

Motownsportsfan

Ice Water

There is a 0% chance Bay wins region 3.

no mascot

I agree. Bay cannot win region 3. Boys or girls.

Motownsportsfan

Well there is your answer Woodrow. Lol

Woodrow1

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 30, 2017, 10:36:30 am
Well there is your answer Woodrow. Lol

So Bay isn't very good in Boys or Girls?

no mascot

Bay is very good! Just can't win region 3.

Woodrow1

Quote from: no mascot on January 30, 2017, 11:13:48 am
Bay is very good! Just can't win region 3.

Why do you say that?

no mascot

Because bay is in region 2!

Woodrow1

Quote from: no mascot on January 30, 2017, 11:20:05 am
Because bay is in region 2!

Gotcha, I have no clue what numbers the regions are.  So the original post isn't correct about ICC/Norfork playing Nemo/Wonderview the second round?

no mascot

Motownsportsfan

Just what I was told. Region 3 winner and Region 4 winner play 2nd round. I asked and was told Norfork Region 3.

no mascot

Wonderview and nemo are in 3.

Motownsportsfan

Yes Thank you. I just looked and you are correct.

no mascot

First time I've ever been told I was right on FF! Might frame it on my wall.

no mascot

Y'all got me looking. The runner ups in 2 and 3 play first round. That will shake things up.

epotts

0415ars

Quote from: no mascot on January 30, 2017, 12:12:50 pm
Y'all got me looking. The runner ups in 2 and 3 play first round. That will shake things up.
So a very good team is going home first round no matter what after this game.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: 0415ars on January 30, 2017, 04:33:27 pm
So a very good team is going home first round no matter what after this game.
after the second round. Same goes if Kirby wins their region and guy wins their region. Somebody good is going home early. Instead of final four

Motownsportsfan

Should be some very good games early on both boys and girls

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2017, 04:36:17 pm
after the second round. Same goes if Kirby wins their region and guy wins their region. Somebody good is going home early. Instead of final four
Thats right! The AAA really got it right this time didnt they. I honestly dont know how they sleep at night sometimes.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on January 30, 2017, 05:31:16 pm
Thats right! The AAA really got it right this time didnt they. I honestly dont know how they sleep at night sometimes.
it's how it has always been with 5 regions. I just think it's crap that you have region one being by far the worst region, and they get stuck on a side with 1 other 1seed. But stick Kirby, guy and Nevada fighting for a final four. That's crazy talent being stuck in the second round. I'm not a fan of 5 regions. That's for sure.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2017, 08:19:23 pm
it's how it has always been with 5 regions. I just think it's crap that you have region one being by far the worst region, and they get stuck on a side with 1 other 1seed. But stick Kirby, guy and Nevada fighting for a final four. That's crazy talent being stuck in the second round. I'm not a fan of 5 regions. That's for sure.
Makes no sense unless you are counting $$$$$$$ and thats all the Gestapo has on their mind where the lower classes are! Lets dont set it up where the top teams meet in the semis. Naw that would just make too much sense.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on January 30, 2017, 08:33:50 pm
Makes no sense unless you are counting $$$$$$$ and thats all the Gestapo has on their mind where the lower classes are! Lets dont set it up where the top teams meet in the semis. Naw that would just make too much sense.
common sense isn't a strong case for them lol

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2017, 08:46:48 pm
common sense isn't a strong case for them lol
In my opinion it isnt a lack of common sense on their part!! Its the fact they couldnt give a crap less what anybody in class A or AA thinks. Its more of an arrogance issue than anything else!1

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on January 30, 2017, 08:33:50 pm
Lets dont set it up where the top teams meet in the semis. Naw that would just make too much sense.
SackAttack, I couldn't agree more!  I love the fact that teams have to go through district and regional tournaments to get into the state tournament; prove you deserve to be there by beating the teams from your area.  But to stick with the arbitrary state tournament matchups created by the AAA makes no sense to me.  To have some of the potential first and second round games we may have is a shame.  Shouldn't matchups between Kirby, Guy, Bay, Shirley, Nevada or the other top teams come closer to the end of the tournament than the beginning?

I started an earlier thread about different ranking methods used by other states in their tournaments.  Some states actually have the coaches seed the state bracket; I'm not particularly fond of that due to biases and looking out for their own teams.  But using some formula to seed the state bracket makes sense to me.  Come on AAA, use some of the tools available to make our tournament better.

SackAttack

Quote from: ZacAttack on January 31, 2017, 08:27:36 am
SackAttack, I couldn't agree more!  I love the fact that teams have to go through district and regional tournaments to get into the state tournament; prove you deserve to be there by beating the teams from your area.  But to stick with the arbitrary state tournament matchups created by the AAA makes no sense to me.  To have some of the potential first and second round games we may have is a shame.  Shouldn't matchups between Kirby, Guy, Bay, Shirley, Nevada or the other top teams come closer to the end of the tournament than the beginning?

I started an earlier thread about different ranking methods used by other states in their tournaments.  Some states actually have the coaches seed the state bracket; I'm not particularly fond of that due to biases and looking out for their own teams.  But using some formula to seed the state bracket makes sense to me.  Come on AAA, use some of the tools available to make our tournament better.
Write the regions and finishes down a little piece of yellow paper fold them up and put them in a hat and then let one of their kids pull the names out and place them on the bracket. Family Christmas style method. LOL

Woodrow1

I just looked at the state bracket.  If I'm looking right, then whoever wins region 2 will be opposite of the winner and runner-up of region 3, the runner-up of region 2, and the winner of region 4.  So probably opposite of Nemo, Wonderview, and Kirby???  Wow....

94hogs

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 01, 2017, 09:01:49 am
I just looked at the state bracket.  If I'm looking right, then whoever wins region 2 will be opposite of the winner and runner-up of region 3, the runner-up of region 2, and the winner of region 4.  So probably opposite of Nemo, Wonderview, and Kirby???  Wow....
Can that be right?! Seems a little funny to me. Seems like region 2 winner gets a big advantage.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas