• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley boys

Started by PeedeecreekBoy99, January 27, 2017, 12:36:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PeedeecreekBoy99

Do not overlook Shirley, an experienced team with a lot of talent and well coached.

BannerMountainMan

27 wins already and he can't finish out games what?

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 27, 2017, 02:37:41 pm
27 wins already and he can't finish out games what?

I predict that he will get outcoached on Monday at Kirby.  Coach Smith is the real deal.

yesteryearman

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 27, 2017, 03:26:01 pm
I predict that he will get outcoached on Feb 2 at Kirby.  Coach Smith is the real deal.

Catfish

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 27, 2017, 03:26:01 pm
I predict that he will get outcoached on Monday at Kirby.  Coach Smith is the real deal.

Coach Brown at Shirley is really good. I've always really liked him. His team might get outplayed Monday, but I don't know if he will get out coached. And im not trying to take anything away from Coach Smith either. Im just saying Brown is really good as well.

ballmember

Daddyeagle, you probably don't need  to worry about when or who Shirley hires for a coach.  I can just about assure you that the parents, relatives and friends will not make that decision.  we have seen where that has happened and hasn't worked very well.  wouldn't you agree ???

bluedemon

Since when did the kirby game move to Monday?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: bluedemon on January 27, 2017, 05:57:30 pm
it's still Thursday!!

yesteryearman

Quote from: bluedemon on January 27, 2017, 05:57:30 pm

My bad...it's on Feb 2?

BannerMountainMan

How's Midland this year?

Catfish

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 30, 2017, 12:15:53 pm
How's Midland this year?

They have beat timbo and concord I know that much. Concord has played them 3 times and beat them twice. And I know they beat timbo by like 20 a couple weeks ago

BannerMountainMan

Man I am pumped, I was looking at the top 10 boys teams in Arkansas and Maumelle was number 4!!! That's crazy, it's crazy to think that we controlled that game and led the whole game until late in the 3rd quarter... was up by like 7 or 8 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd and then they scored a bunch straight and then led by like 7 going into the 4th and then blew us out in the 4th... I just look back to that game and it tells how much close the high classifications in basketball are to the lower classifications. 1a basketball is amazing. Just putting that out there.

Eagle_Mom_2

I think we must address the elephant in the room.

Has Shirley's point guard punched anyone lately?

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 31, 2017, 10:21:11 pm

Mom throwing haymakers

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 31, 2017, 10:21:11 pm

naw, they put on a show tonight against Midland, didn't evens have to shoot a three all night. This last whole week off really helped, everybody is refreshed and ready to go.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 31, 2017, 10:49:04 pm
naw, they put on a show tonight against Midland, didn't evens have to shoot a three all night. This last whole week off really helped, everybody is refreshed and ready to go.

Good to hear. Hope if our boys cant make a run then it's Shirley that does. I like how hard they play. Coach Kevin Black (I think is his name) really does a great job

ballmember

Eaglemom  hope you and parentgroup handlin crowd control at greers ferry.   we heard Monday nite was interesting....    will the parents meet this week about this

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ballmember on January 31, 2017, 11:02:13 pm
Eaglemom  hope you and parentgroup handlin crowd control at greers ferry.   we heard Monday nite was interesting....    will the parents meet this week about this

Oh we are a meetin...had a talk with my good friend the beloved, coach Richey. I think everything will go smoothly here on out.
Nothing like having a few drinks and a cigarette with someone to smooth things out.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ballmember on January 31, 2017, 11:02:13 pm

And can tell you this...nachos will be on point for district. Extra jalapeños for everyone.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 31, 2017, 11:13:11 pm
And can tell you this...nachos will be on point for district. Extra jalapeños for everyone.
i believe the hotdogs are surperb, hate how everywhere else has the small ones but y'all the ones with the big wieners. Good job

SackAttack

Yep they big alright!! Eagle mom has never been one to go small on anything! Its why me and her get along so well! She does everything the only way you are supposed to!

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: SackAttack on February 01, 2017, 12:09:58 am
Yep they big alright!! Eagle mom has never been one to go small on anything! Its why me and her get along so well! She does everything the only way you are supposed to!
LOL sack

FaceInTheCrowd

How did Shirley do last year in the State Tournament?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 01, 2017, 01:57:37 pm
How did Shirley do last year in the State Tournament?
what does that have to do with this year? Are u a Norfolk troll that just found out about FF? ;D

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 01, 2017, 02:12:57 pm
what does that have to do with this year? Are u a Norfolk troll that just found out about FF? ;D
YES

FaceInTheCrowd

Haha!  Not from Norfork or a troll (most of the time).  Just wondering how Shirley did. And Greers Ferry too, but this isn't the GF forum!  I've been reading the forums for a while just never posted. There's so much talk on here about how good a team is now during the regular season, but I also know that sometimes teams have history of being good at state or it being overwhelming. I was just curious.  New to this area but a lover of good high school basketball.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 01, 2017, 02:32:56 pm
Haha!  Not from Norfork or a troll (most of the time).  Just wondering how Shirley did. And Greers Ferry too, but this isn't the GF forum!  I've been reading the forums for a while just never posted. There's so much talk on here about how good a team is now during the regular season, but I also know that sometimes teams have history of being good at state or it being overwhelming. I was just curious.  New to this area but a lover of good high school basketball.
HAHA I'll see you in the crowd, face!

HoopMan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 31, 2017, 01:33:22 pm
Man I am pumped, I was looking at the top 10 boys teams in Arkansas and Maumelle was number 4!!! That's crazy, it's crazy to think that we controlled that game and led the whole game until late in the 3rd quarter... was up by like 7 or 8 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd and then they scored a bunch straight and then led by like 7 going into the 4th and then blew us out in the 4th... I just look back to that game and it tells how much close the high classifications in basketball are to the lower classifications. 1a basketball is amazing. Just putting that out there.

So they played bad the first 3 quarters? Lol

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HoopMan on February 01, 2017, 03:32:23 pm
So they played bad the first 3 quarters? Lol
even if a top 4 team in the whole state playable bad they still should be killing a 1a team LOL

no mascot

Gotta disagree with you there banner. You may not remember it but that's what the overall tournament was all about back in the day. Competition between the best big and small schools. Did the big guys usually win? Yes, as they should. You couldn't count the little guys out, however, when it came to putting 5 guys on the court who could put the ball in the hoop!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: no mascot on February 01, 2017, 06:48:10 pm
Gotta disagree with you there banner. You may not remember it but that's what the overall tournament was all about back in the day. Competition between the best big and small schools. Did the big guys usually win? Yes, as they should. You couldn't count the little guys out, however, when it came to putting 5 guys on the court who could put the ball in the hoop!
that is pretty neat, you think if it was still that way do you think that somebody's like kirby, guy or bay could win it all?

no mascot

I think it's about athletes first and foremost. If they can get past the ball pressure and offensive rebounding advantage that a bigger school SHOULD have. Then it's about who can shoot the highest field goal percentage.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 01, 2017, 07:00:44 pm
that is pretty neat, you think if it was still that way do you think that somebody's like kirby, guy or bay could win it all?
id put my money on el dorado in the overall championship. I think the 1A champ could play in like 1A-4A. But 5a-7a should have their own. They're no where near the same as 1A. Pine bluff has 10 kids that would start any where else in the state. 1A-5a. Same for el dorado. But they have a 6'10" kid crushing kids dreams. Beast inside and a future hog

Central Ark

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 01, 2017, 09:18:24 pm
id put my money on el dorado in the overall championship. I think the 1A champ could play in like 1A-4A. But 5a-7a should have their own. They're no where near the same as 1A. Pine bluff has 10 kids that would start any where else in the state. 1A-5a. Same for el dorado. But they have a 6'10" kid crushing kids dreams. Beast inside and a future hog
I would take that bet. Give me Jonesboro in the overall.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Central Ark on February 01, 2017, 09:22:40 pm
very good as welll more to the point 1A-3A. Wouldn't win overall. Howvwe. 1A could very well win over all 1-4a.

Central Ark

I agree, but it would be hard to match up with Baptist

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Central Ark on February 01, 2017, 09:22:40 pm
Gafford would roast any 1-3a player

Central Ark

Well yes, but they won't win 6a state

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 02, 2017, 12:37:05 pm
If you put 1-4 together Shirley doesn't make it past first round.
prolly won't, due for a loss

HoopMan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 01:02:19 pm
prolly won't, due for a loss

Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas