• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores

Started by HorseFeathers, January 10, 2017, 03:53:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SackAttack

January 19, 2017, 06:28:15 pm #50 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:32:11 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: mijally on January 19, 2017, 04:34:21 pm
Every player I ever played with a long time ago did the same thing including myself. If the coach benches me then I get to pick the seat. I'm not your hound dog that's gonna heel where you say. I'm one of your basketball players and I'll sit where I say.
Yes if I were the coach you could sit with your friends in the bleachers in any seat you wish but not on MY bench!

Catfish

Halftime Girls

Concord 36

Rural Special 23

Catfish

Final Girls

Concord 57

Rural Special 47

BannerChaser95

January 20, 2017, 11:08:59 am #53 Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:03:46 pm by BannerChaser95
In case anyone didn't believe that Caddo played bad and could have easily beaten Nevada, centerpoint did beat Nevada last night @ nashville tournament!. I don't know a final, however centerpoint has lost to Caddo by 20 this season.. so theirs that. Centerpoint won by 5-6 after being down 10 late 3rd from what I was told! .

~WPS~

Centerpoint beat Nevada 49-43. Nevada's style of play was pure chaos. Centerpoint slowed things down and executed down the stretch.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 19, 2017, 06:19:10 pm
Most kids aren't coachable these days.  Their egos are larger than the team and mommy says they don't have to listen.

Gotta be careful painting with such a broad brush.  I agree it's probably worse than it's ever been BUT "most kids" may be unfair.  I see many kids doing it the right way.

Moonshiner

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on January 20, 2017, 12:58:43 pm
Gotta be careful painting with such a broad brush.  I agree it's probably worse than it's ever been BUT "most kids" may be unfair.  I see many kids doing it the right way.

Well it seems like every coach I've talked to in the past few weeks has had the same complaint.  I didn't say all, but most might be a stretch.  How about many?  Will that work?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 20, 2017, 01:48:47 pm
Well it seems like every coach I've talked to in the past few weeks has had the same complaint.  I didn't say all, but most might be a stretch.  How about many?  Will that work?

I understood what you meant and I definitely agree that it happens far too much.  My feeling is that when you see it, you can place a lot of blame on the parents.

mijally

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 19, 2017, 06:08:59 pm
he set down, the coach began to get on to him. He got up. And began to act as if he was a 12 year old. If you can't take what I say as a coach. Don't expect to play for me. That's how it should be but undisciplined play results in this type of behavior.
So what if he acted like a 12 yr old?  He's on the bench.  Don't play him.  But why dog him out more?  Does it make coaches feel superior when they do that crap?  I always wondered what the purpose of screaming was?  Lack of intelligence usually and inability to communicate?  Power tripping? 

BannerChaser95

January 20, 2017, 05:22:06 pm #59 Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:02:41 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: mijally on January 20, 2017, 04:23:11 pm
So what if he acted like a 12 yr old?  He's on the bench.  Don't play him.  But why dog him out more?  Does it make coaches feel superior when they do that crap?  I always wondered what the purpose of screaming was?  Lack of intelligence usually and inability to communicate?  Power tripping?
this coach was in no way screaming. He was telling the kid what he did wrong!  So what he did act like a 12 year old?? lol had he been on my bench he wouldn't play. He didn't play the rest of the first half after that. He didn't deserve T to. If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen. I was raised to respect my elders, if I was on his team, I'd listened to what he had to say regardless if he's getting on my butt. Why?

It's his team. That simple lol

BannerMountainMan

17-7 end of 1st Shirley over Westside

BannerMountainMan

no mascot

Why wouldn't any player that wants to play not try to sit close to the coach? That's the guy that puts them into the game! And if they don't want to play, why are they on the team?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: no mascot on January 20, 2017, 10:09:11 pm
Why wouldn't any player that wants to play not try to sit close to the coach? That's the guy that puts them into the game! And if they don't want to play, why are they on the team?
Exactly

oldfireguy

Western Grove Girls over Deer Girls 52 - 24, played at Western Grove.

Western Grove Boys over Deer Boys 62-58.

BannerChaser95

January 24, 2017, 08:02:04 pm #65 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:25:15 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby sr girls 48
Oden 25 final

Kirby sr boys 79
Oden 35 final

gohogsgo1

MVE Boys lost to Sacred Heart by 5

Thechosen1

Bay boys beat armorel by about 16.

Catfish

Concord girls lost to Midland

Concord boys beat Midland

hogheaven11

Sr. Girls
ICC-63
Mammoth Spring-33

Sr. Boys
ICC-52
Mammoth Spring-46
(Great matchup and great ball game)

Bomberman

Norfork boys over Timbo 51-46

Norfork girls over Timbo 63-21

TheOfficial

Quote from: oldfireguy on January 20, 2017, 10:37:39 pm
Western Grove Girls over Deer Girls 52 - 24, played at Western Grove.

Western Grove Boys over Deer Boys 62-58.

Wow, that's an upset in the boys game isn't it?

TheOfficial

Quote from: Bomberman on January 25, 2017, 09:02:07 am
Norfork boys over Timbo 51-46

Norfork girls over Timbo 63-21

I thought Timbo boys were supposed to be really good.  did they just have a bad night?

Sportzman12

So what about Nevada beating Emerson yesterday

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Sportzman12 on January 25, 2017, 08:59:38 pm
So what about Nevada beating Emerson yesterday
Must just be a team that gets up when they want to. I saw a very poor preformance from effort on both side of the ball in Nashville.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 25, 2017, 07:08:51 pm
Wow, that's an upset in the boys game isn't it?

A bit of one....That district is hard to make a judgement on...

BannerChaser95

January 26, 2017, 06:54:41 pm #76 Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:33:32 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby Sr. Girls 54
Mt. Ida 36
FINAL

BannerChaser95

Kirby Boys 59
Mt. Ida 46
Final

Kirby didn't shoot well and wasn't getting many boards. Mt ida shot very well tonight. 4 of 5 from 3 in second half i believe. Shot very well over all inside and played very hard. But this wasn't a good game to Watch. Poor calling both sides never let teams get in a flow. I hope for everyone's sake that crew doesn't call at state! One trip mt. Ida player grabbed the ball from the made shot and stepped out of bounds to throw it in before the whistle for the and-1 ever came. The ref explained him self to both coaches saying he was watching to make sure it was a made basket. lol regardless very strong effort from Mt. Ida tonight.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 26, 2017, 11:05:47 am
Must just be a team that gets up when they want to. I saw a very poor preformance from effort on both side of the ball in Nashville.

Like I said before, Nevada is a "front-runner".  They play hard when they want to, against teams they know they can beat, and likely the coach has tried to satisfy all the egos on the team, to win a game he knows they need to win.  But when adversity hits, against someone like Kirby, Bay or other quality teams, they will tank it.  Players will pout, walk to end of bench when pulled, and coach will turn around and look in agony up into the crowd, wondering what to do next.  I still say they are talented enough to win district, regional and game or two at state, but their season ends there, and all of those Stephens, Rosston, Cale, Oak Grove,  McNeil, Waldo, Prescott  players will graduate.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 27, 2017, 05:50:21 am
Like I said before, Nevada is a "front-runner".  They play hard when they want to, against teams they know they can beat, and likely the coach has tried to satisfy all the egos on the team, to win a game he knows they need to win.  But when adversity hits, against someone like Kirby, Bay or other quality teams, they will tank it.  Players will pout, walk to end of bench when pulled, and coach will turn around and look in agony up into the crowd, wondering what to do next.  I still say they are talented enough to win district, regional and game or two at state, but their season ends there, and all of those Stephens, Rosston, Cale, Oak Grove,  McNeil, Waldo, Prescott  players will graduate.
+1 from me yesteryearman!

bhartgen

Bay 66
EPC 56
Final Sr. Boys

BannerChaser95

Kirby girls 60
mineral springs 46

Kirby boys 67
Mineral springs 65

Good boys game. Weird situation and scary. Boy hit his head with Kirby winning 2 minutes in to game. Had to call an ambulance and he left in ambulance. Gave teams 5 minutes to warm up. Mineral came our guns blazing Kirby couldn't find a Rythm. Game was at mineral.

Eslim03

Mineral has their point guard back from injury. Totally different team playing more better now than earlier in the season.

Bomberman

Norfork defeats Flippin 58-45

Norfork girls defeat Flippin girls 74-23

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Eslim03 on January 31, 2017, 08:02:10 am
Mineral has their point guard back from injury. Totally different team playing more better now than earlier in the season.
he played welll. He's quick. Very comparable to Jeff Jefferson.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley 22
@Midland 7
End of 1st

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

BannerChaser95

Kirby girls 47
Umpire 32

Kirby boys by 30

BannerChaser95

February 03, 2017, 07:09:18 pm #89 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:49:56 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby girls 54
Dierks 22

Final

BannerChaser95

February 03, 2017, 08:07:34 pm #90 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:42:43 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby boys 74
Dierks 34 (I think)
Final

ChrisC_33

Is Ridgefield any better than they usually are this year??

BannerMountainMan

Shirley up on Nemo 42-21 at half, was 27-2 at one point

BannerChaser95

February 08, 2017, 06:49:35 am #93 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:17:51 am by BannerChaser95
Blevins 64
Kirby 63

Heard Carson smith hurt his knee and wasn't able to play? I don't know how bad. How long he was out or anything like that. (Didn't make the game)

Kirby SR girls won by 3. No clue on score.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 08, 2017, 06:49:35 am
Blevins 64
Kirby 63

Heard Carson smith hurt his knee and wasn't able to play? I don't know how bad. How long he was out or anything like that. (Didn't make the game)

Kirby won by 3. No clue on score.
whos this smith boy?? Is he the coaches son?? No. 2?

BannerChaser95

BLUEBLOOD

Blevins 64
Kirby 63

So Kirby won?  Or Blevins?  Says 64-63 Blevins but then Kirby by 3.
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

BasketballFan2A

Blevins 64
Kirby 63

he hurt it with 2 minutes to go in game, blevins just out hustled kirby.   Blevins won by 1. 64-63

BannerMountainMan

That's a huge loss if he's out, he's there whole team!

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 08, 2017, 09:03:56 am
That's a huge loss if he's out, he's there whole team!

talked to some people and he seemed to be alright but was gonna get it checked out just in case

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas