• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10

Started by HorseFeathers, January 08, 2017, 06:55:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

January 08, 2017, 06:55:30 pm Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:08:32 pm by HorseFeathers
It was asked elsewhere that someone do a top 10 for individual classes...soo here goes...I'll do it weekly, and I suppose you guys can throw one out with your biases as well...

Boys.
1. Kirby 17-1
2. Shirley 22-5
3. Guy 13-4
4. County Line 18-7
5. Bay 14-8
6. Izard County 19-8
7. Mount Vernon-Enola 17-4
8. Deer 16-2
9. Nevada County 14-1
10. Alpena 14-6

Girls
1. Wonderview 21-2
2. Norfork 23-1
3. Izard County 17-4
4. Jasper 18-6
5. Kirby 16-3
6. Nemo Vista 14-7
7. Mount Vernon-Enola 19-5
8. Bay 15-7
9. Scranton 18-5
10. Dierks 12-2

And if enough of you want to, I'm open to doing a top 10 fan vote like J.D used to do....

ZacAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 08, 2017, 06:55:30 pm
It was asked elsewhere that someone do a top 10 for individual classes...soo here goes...I'll do it weekly, and I suppose you guys can throw one out with your biases as well...

Boys.
1. Kirby 17-1
2. Shirley 22-5
3. Guy 13-4
4. County Line 18-7
5. Bay 14-8

Girls
1. Wonderview 21-2
2. Norfork 23-1

That's a good list!  On the Girls side, I think Wonderview and Norfolk are probably the favorites right now.  Have only seen Wonderview play a few times, but they did beat Norfolk earlier, so they get the nod.

On the Boys side, I don't think there is a clear favorite right now.  The defending champs Bay may be starting to get it together after a slow start; they are playing a tough schedule and have recently beaten 3 teams they lost to earlier in the season.  Should be an exciting State Tournament.

yesteryearman

Quote from: ZacAttack on January 08, 2017, 08:18:56 pm
That's a good list!  On the Girls side, I think Wonderview and Norfolk are probably the favorites right now.  Have only seen Wonderview play a few times, but they did beat Norfolk earlier, so they get the nod.

On the Boys side, I don't think there is a clear favorite right now.  The defending champs Bay may be starting to get it together after a slow start; they are playing a tough schedule and have recently beaten 3 teams they lost to earlier in the season.  Should be an exciting State Tournament.

1.  Bay
2.  Guy (if Ballard is healthy)
3.  Kirby
4.  Nevada
5.  Shirley
6.  MTVE
7.  County Line
8.  ICC
9.  Deer
10.  Emerson

SackAttack

Boys                                                         Girls
1.Kirby                                                      1.Wv
                                                                2.Norfork
2.Guy                                                       3.Nemo Vista
3.Bay                                                       4.Jasper
4.shirley                                                   5.Mt Vernon  maybe
5.Mt.Vernon                     
6.Nevada                                                 6-10 Wont matter but I guess somebody has to be
7.Alpena                                                           here
8.Nemo
9.Concord
10.Icc

Catfish

Guys MVE is not a top 5 team... In boys for sure... Come on now

Moonshiner

Thanks for doing his HF.  The overall poll is nothing but a list of the top schools in 6-7A.

SackAttack

Quote from: Catfish on January 09, 2017, 10:38:10 am
Gotta put em somewhere. This field minus Kirby(and I have not seen them play) is as even as Ive ever seen it. Nemo has wins over Nevada and Shirley for just one example. Concord can beat anybody as I presume the same could be said for ICC and others. It really depends on what night it is.

Ice Water

Quote from: SackAttack on January 09, 2017, 12:14:40 pm
Gotta put em somewhere. This field minus Kirby(and I have not seen them play) is as even as Ive ever seen it. Nemo has wins over Nevada and Shirley for just one example. Concord can beat anybody as I presume the same could be said for ICC and others. It really depends on what night it is.

When did Nemo beat Nevada?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 08, 2017, 08:43:05 pm
1.  Bay
2.  Guy (if Ballard is healthy)
3.  Kirby
4.  Nevada
5.  Shirley
6.  MTVE
7.  County Line
8.  ICC
9.  Deer
10.  Emerson
Kirbys record alone deserves the 1. I would get to why people are hesitant. However at this point in the season. No loses 1-4a, mercy ruled 1-2a every team played (except 1 over the break, won by 25). They have to be one. Bay may be playing a little tougher teams. But that record doesn't deserve 1 just for playing well as of late

1). Kirby

2). Guy (with Ballard)
2.5) Bay
3). Shirley
4). County line
5) Nevada

SackAttack

Quote from: Ice Water on January 09, 2017, 01:34:55 pm
When did Nemo beat Nevada?
My bad wasn't Nevada it was Dermott. Big difference. First mistake of the new year.

Ice Water

Quote from: SackAttack on January 09, 2017, 01:39:56 pm
My bad wasn't Nevada it was Dermott. Big difference. First mistake of the new year.

Gotcha.  Just making sure I hadn't missed something.

Catfish

Quote from: SackAttack on January 09, 2017, 12:14:40 pm

Yeah you're right about that last part for sure.

SackAttack

Somebody with deep run aspirations is gonna get upset in regionals and not make the show.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on January 09, 2017, 10:38:10 am

I had them top 5 until their last few games....The loss to Quitman was a real head scratcher...

BannerMountainMan

I put my mind in this hard and I have my top 7
1. Bay
2. Guy
3. Kirby
4. Shirley
5. Marvell
6. Nevada
7. County Line
After that there is about 15 teams that can round out 8 through 10

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 08:44:12 pm
1. Bay
2. Guy
3. Kirby
4. Shirley
5. Marvell
6. Nevada
7. County Line
lol

BannerChaser95

I put my mind hard Into this so here's my top 7

1 Kirby
2 bay
3 guy
4 Nevada
5 county line
6 Marvell
7 Shirley.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 08:50:21 pm
lol
bay is a lot better than y'all at the time of playing us, they are a lot more efficient offensively and defensively, besides beating Emerson bad twice you have not played anybody good besides Lisa brown north central penitentiary academy of sports

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 08:44:12 pm
1. Bay
2. Guy
3. Kirby
4. Shirley
5. Marvell
6. Nevada
7. County Line

Just looking at some scores...And bay has been a roller coaster....I mean if chosen1 gets to hold Westside and Shirley over Guy-perkins then I can hold armorel over bay right?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 03, 2017, 08:56:08 pm
Just looking at some scores...And bay has been a roller coaster....I mean if chosen1 gets to hold Westside and Shirley over Guy-perkins then I can hold armorel over bay right?
i am stating the best teams as they are on top of their game,  bay easily  has the most skills and athletic ability

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 08:55:41 pm
bay is a lot better than y'all at the time of playing us, they are a lot more efficient offensively and defensively, besides beating Emerson bad twice you have not played anybody good besides Lisa brown north central penitentiary academy of sports
if Kirby had kept playing the way they started. They hang 30 on Shirley. Up 19 they played conservative and still won. Gaurd play for Shirley is weak at best. Try not to lose to guy by 20 this time.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 09:00:16 pm
if Kirby had kept playing the way they started. They hang 30 on Shirley. Up 19 they played conservative and still won. Gaurd play for Shirley is weak at best. Try not to lose to guy by 20 this time.
if Shirley would've kept playing the way they did in the 2nd half after getting up 4 they would've beat you 15, went on a 27-4 run and then went conservative and blew it.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 09:15:46 pm
if Shirley would've kept playing the way they did in the 2nd half after getting up 4 they would've beat you 15, went on a 27-4 run and then went conservative and blew it.
😂😂you kill me. Lost the game because out played. Out hustled, terrible passing. Lost and blamed the refs. Now you wanna say should have won by 15. Lolol you seriously crack me up.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 09:34:36 pm
😂😂you kill me. Lost the game because out played. Out hustled, terrible passing. Lost and blamed the refs. Now you wanna say should have won by 15. Lolol you seriously crack me up.
lol you crack me up saying you would win by 30, out hustling doesn't mean pushing kids down and jumping on them and letting your teammate get the ball but I guess it is in South and also at one point your players head was almost touching the wall and half his body was out of bounds laying On the ground and didn't even call it😂

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 08:55:41 pm
Lisa brown central penitentiary academy of sports. LOL. I gotta give ya credit Banner Mountain that is a pretty good one.

SackAttack

February 03, 2017, 09:57:01 pm #25 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:59:02 pm by SackAttack
BannerMountain versus BannerChaser! Who ya got?? Ive got both of you guys with first round byes meeting in the semis. Not your teams but you guys personally lol. And to stay on topic Im sure none of you guys have actually seen Marvell.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2017, 09:57:01 pm
BannerMountain versus BannerChaser! Who ya got?? Ive got both of you guys with first round byes meeting in the semis. Not your teams but you guys personally lol. And to stay on topic Im sure none of you guys have actually seen Marvell.
remember sack I have a young mentor teaching me the ways

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2017, 09:57:01 pm
they beat Lisa academy by 40 something earlier in the season. And then 8 the other night. What's that all about.

BigLion10

Marvell isn't the same on the road their home cooking is absolutely ridiculous

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 03, 2017, 10:30:02 pm
Marvell isn't the same on the road their home cooking is absolutely ridiculous
wow, if they beat a team that hasn't won a game all season by 8 at home. I don't think they'll make a run

BigLion10

They are a good team very athletic but aren't disciplined or organized at all

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 03, 2017, 11:23:48 pm
They are a good team very athletic but aren't disciplined or organized at all
So Nevada from up north..?

BigLion10

More like the east Delta region but yes lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 11:25:14 pm
So Nevada from up north..?

Marvell's closer to Helena than anything I'd consider North lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2017, 11:13:06 am
Marvell's closer to Helena than anything I'd consider North lol
gotcha.

Hero of Twin Groves

When I saw Marvell I thought they were very well coached and showed a great deal of discipline. I think they will make a run in the state.

BigLion10

What games where u watching?

Hero of Twin Groves

The ones where they are blowing teams out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas