• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 picks going into break

Started by PTplayer, December 20, 2016, 06:29:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman44

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 23, 2016, 04:42:38 pm
I would agree with you batman but that would make two of us sound foolish.
Oh well, maybe not anyone, BUT, anyone in the high school category. I have been/still am, a GP fan, along with about 5 other teams in 1A. Having said that, I wish the best for GP, Bay, Shirley, Kirby, WSGF, etc. However, Watson was definitely a game changer.

Batman44

AND, Concord. How could I miss the great times we had following that great team!!!!

Hero of Twin Groves

Batman44

So, hero, after all that, who would you bet the farm on this season to win State!

Hero of Twin Groves

My T-birds. You know!
How about yourself?

Batman44

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 23, 2016, 07:06:42 pm
My T-birds. You know!
How about yourself?
Well, if Ballard can't/don't play for some reason, no contest. Bay! Now, if Ballard does play, much better game, but still go with Bay. How is he doing? Haven't heard in a while. Hope is able to get back into action soon.

Thechosen1

Watson also made staring Pg for the charleston tigers JHS graduate marquis pointer look foolish in an all star game when he dropped 30 on his head and got MVP. I believe JHS beat NLR that year? Correct me if I'm wrong but Watson could've played and scored on anyone 1-7a.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 23, 2016, 08:08:05 pm
Watson also made staring Pg for the charleston tigers JHS graduate marquis pointer look foolish in an all star game when he dropped 30 on his head and got MVP. I believe JHS beat NLR that year? Correct me if I'm wrong but Watson could've played and scored on anyone 1-7a.
Is Watson the young man I read about on here that is playing at Arkansas State University for the Red Wolves this year?

Hero of Twin Groves

You did not really just quote stats from an all star game. Ha

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 23, 2016, 10:26:47 pm
You did not really just quote stats from an all star game. Ha
Did you ever see Watson play twin rivers hero?

Hero of Twin Groves

Thechosen1

So you're telling me he doesn't make an impact in 7a with this scoring ability and with how quick he was?

Thechosen1

Bc I'm pretty sure he would've been Cabots best player last year if I'm willing to bet. And was heads and shoulders on another level than anyone monk played with at Bentonville.

Central Ark

Agree he would've been 2nd best player at Bentonville. He's not better than Matt Stanley to me though.

Thechosen1

I don't even know who that is. Nobody on Cabot was a stand out, but Cabot had a ton of open shots and that's ultimately why they won, you give him that many open shots he ends up with 40. Just saying he was hitting them completely contested. To say he wouldn't make a big impact in 7a you'd be foolish

Thechosen1

If you put him on Bentonville last year they beat Cabot by 20-30 hands down.

no mascot

Who would have been the dominant scorer? Could Watson have been able to take a back seat?

Thechosen1

I guess that's like asking how he would do in 7a, we will never know. Just assume and have opinions and I think he would've been a big factor in 7a and yes been able to take a back seat he wasn't a selfish player he just made plays

thebigtiger

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 23, 2016, 08:44:26 pm
Is Watson the young man I read about on here that is playing at Arkansas State University for the Red Wolves this year?
I believe he moved to Bay around 2015.  Good player.  Like many others before and after.  Def a good high school player.  I don't think he ever played in college though.  Is that right Chosen? 

no mascot

Watched him play more at Maynard than at bay, but I remember him taking and missing a lot of shots when he had teammates had higher % looks.

Batman44

Shooters gonna shoot, scorers gonna score. Watson did both. Maynard was a train wreck. They couldn't handle his passes when he did pass.

no mascot

Maynard wasn't bad. Hard to function as a team when the game plan is to go 1 on 5. It's just too bad he didn't have 6'5" post men to get his misses like he did at bay.

Thechosen1

His Maynard team was pretty pathetic. Lol a team that went something like 6-30 the year before he moved back, to say he ever hurt Maynard would just be plain ignorance. If he doesn't take the shots he did good or bad Maynard isn't even in the game. He did everything for that team and was the only reason they were successful. Pretty sure they finished with a record of something like 29-7.. after running out of gas in reginonals.

Thechosen1

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 24, 2016, 01:56:29 pm
I believe he moved to Bay around 2015.  Good player.  Like many others before and after.  Def a good high school player.  I don't think he ever played in college though.  Is that right Chosen?
I speak to him quite often and just the other day he said he had committed to University of Ozarks. And will be moving down to start the new year

no mascot

I'm not saying he hurt them. I'm saying that they could have been better than they were.

Hero of Twin Groves

Just catching up. It seems that chosen1 has an unhealthy obsession with the kid. If he was so great then why is he going to Ozarks? If he would have made such a big impact (20-30 points) from what you said, you would think he could have played D1 or at least D3

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 24, 2016, 06:24:01 pm
Just catching up. It seems that chosen1 has an unhealthy obsession with the kid. If he was so great then why is he going to Ozarks? If he would have made such a big impact (20-30 points) from what you said, you would think he could have played D1 or at least D3
He could have right out of school, but decided not too. He had offers from big schools such as Astate, UCA, Southeast Missouri. Just didn't go

Thechosen1

Def not obsessed, just a fan of good basketball. Isn't that what this wesbite is all about anyway?

thebigtiger

December 25, 2016, 01:47:47 am #78 Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 01:49:46 am by thebigtiger
Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 24, 2016, 09:28:59 pm
He could have right out of school, but decided not too. He had offers from big schools such as Astate, UCA, Southeast Missouri. Just didn't go
Nothing wrong with not being good enough for college basketball.  He was a good player.  Guess those offers weren't really there or he would be going to one of those schools.
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
We do more with less!

no mascot

There could be other factors at play to keep a kid from going to a school... ACT score, GPA, personal or family issues...I don't know tho so I'm not going to speculate. He certainly has the talent to play college basketball.

Batman44

Quote from: no mascot on December 25, 2016, 07:46:32 am
There could be other factors at play to keep a kid from going to a school... ACT score, GPA, personal or family issues...I don't know tho so I'm not going to speculate. He certainly has the talent to play college basketball.
You are correct, Mascot, on why he didn't play. Plus, like you said, he certainly had/has the talent to play with any of those schools listed above. I, for one, was truly disappointed that it didn't happen for him.

no mascot

Can anybody actually confirm he's going to college of the ozarks?

Thechosen1

I heard he was leaving after Christmas, moving down there to stay and wait until August to start up his 4 years of eligibility.

Thechosen1

Lol Carlton doesn't even come close bud. Hate to hurt your feelings

Batman44

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 25, 2016, 11:32:27 pm
Never seen him play but he can't be as good as Carlton from wsgf.
[/quote
Daddy eagle, I would never disrespect a kid on here. I'm just trying to put your comment in perspective. I'm sure Carlton is a good player.
Having said that, I never saw Ruth, Gehrig, etc. play, but I did see Bob Uecker play, and there's no way those players could have been as good as Uecker. Again, this is NOT a slam on Carlton.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 25, 2016, 11:37:10 pm
Lol Carlton doesn't even come close bud. Hate to hurt your feelings

I've never seen Carlton play, but I have seen Watson play five times( scored 40+ every time)  and if Carlton is better, then I sure need to see him play, but I just can't believe he can be as good, cause I've watched Class B, then Class A ball for over 30 years, and Watson has to be in the top five of all players I have ever seen in those Classifications.

Hero of Twin Groves

Watson wouldn't even be in the top five players at guy in the last 30 years.

Thechosen1

He would've been easily top 5 and would've feasted in that type of offense. Are you from guy?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 26, 2016, 05:48:15 pm

Please tell me you're currently drinking

BannerMountainMan

I wish you would stop talking about Carlton.. he's nothing man not even the best on his team, maybe in the top 30 players this year! And that's a close maybe

bscinar

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 26, 2016, 05:48:15 pm

This statement proves your basketball IQ.....

next??

Hero of Twin Groves

Well how familiar are you all with guy? Think it's safe to say the best basketball program in 1a over the last 30 years.

BoxNOne

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 26, 2016, 04:03:08 pm
I've never seen Carlton play, but I have seen Watson play five times( scored 40+ every time)  and if Carlton is better, then I sure need to see him play, but I just can't believe he can be as good, cause I've watched Class B, then Class A ball for over 30 years, and Watson has to be in the top five of all players I have ever seen in those Classifications.

+1 yesteryearman. He has to be near the top if not right at the top of that list.

thebigtiger

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 27, 2016, 07:15:16 am
Well how familiar are you all with guy? Think it's safe to say the best basketball program in 1a over the last 30 years.
Lots of talent been through Guy in the past 30 yrs.  safe to say the game has changed a lot in the past 30.  Would be tough for kids today to play back then so much more physical so they say
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
We do more with less!

Catfish

I just want to know why Watson is even being talked about? ITS BEEN TWO YEARS! GET OVER IT

no mascot

Not much dominance in the boys side of 1a to be peacocking over! Gotta go back in the yearbook a little to brag!

no mascot

A lot of folks had a lot of fun watching a whole lot of guys play ball at a high level over the years. Nothing wrong with acknowledging their abilities IMO!

Areyoukiddingme

Daddy Eagle you need to get out more! Lol

Motownsportsfan

On the girls side and being a Wonderview fan the 2 teams that scare me the most are Norfork and Nemo. Nemo's record doesn't reflect it but they are still capable of being really good.This group of Wonderview girls are a lot like Nemo was as 9th and 10th graders. They got a lot of fight in them. Gonna be fun down the stretch

High flyer

Wonderveiw is till my #1 till someone knocks them off . Their only two loss are to 5a schools that they should have beat . They have 5 strong players to start an two strong player coming off the bench. Norfork is a strong #2 then just throw everybody else in there somewhere.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas