• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Ballard

Started by rammer, November 17, 2016, 02:22:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rammer

Very good player. I haven't had the chance to see any Guy-Perkins games this year but hope to catch a game just to see this kid.  I got to see him once last year and some in the Summer.

arstatechamp13

Looks like he's more worried about dunking the ball than playing defense but that's just me

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on November 17, 2016, 04:19:15 pm
Looks like he's more worried about dunking the ball than playing defense but that's just me
+1

BannerChaser95

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on November 17, 2016, 04:19:15 pm
I watched him play summer ball. He stood at half court on defense and looked for the fast break. The coach pulled him out, he yelled at him for pulling him out and left with his girlfriend. Wasn't impressed but again we're talking about summer ball I get that. But I don't think that attitude is acceptable anywhere!

arstatechamp13

I'm dying at this ^^^ 😂😂😂

Warhawkpa80

Josh Ballard is probably the best player in 1a as far as I'm concerned. Came from 5a greenbrier where the coach was a dummy and wouldn't let him get out and run.

thebigtiger

I really like the video and the Guy Perkins hype video reminds me of Quitman hype video.  Stellar productions

Warhawkpa80

From what I have heard tiger man, you should not make a mistake, Qtown bball back.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 17, 2016, 06:05:00 pm
Josh Ballard is probably the best player in 1a as far as I'm concerned. Came from 5a greenbrier where the coach was a dummy and wouldn't let him get out and run.
Hard to argue. Watched him play a couple of times last year. What I love about him is he never relies too much on his athleticism.  Has great shooting range, all the way almost outside the lane. Then defensively is a juggernaut...flat out stopper. One of the best at playing out of position to get steals I've seen. Solid fundamentally and never showboats. Tough out if you're in his area on the floor on Guy's defensive end. Guaranteed you'll have to take the effort to back cut for layups when he's out gambling passing lanes on your side. Great player.

Warhawkpa80

He sure can slam dunk the heck out of it to get the crowd into it. That's at least worth 15 points in momentum.

BannerMountainMan

Donald Trump voice: "Wrong" ^

thebigtiger

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 17, 2016, 04:57:05 pm
I watched him play summer ball. He stood at half court on defense and looked for the fast break. The coach pulled him out, he yelled at him for pulling him out and left with his girlfriend. Wasn't impressed but again we're talking about summer ball I get that. But I don't think that attitude is acceptable anywhere!
So the coach left with Ballards girlfriend or Ballard left with his own girlfriend? I'm kind of confused here

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigtiger on November 17, 2016, 07:15:17 pm
So the coach left with Ballards girlfriend or Ballard left with his own girlfriend? I'm kind of confused here
ballard came to bench and he walked over said why are you taking me out? He was answered. Ballard walked around the end and whistled for her to grab his stuff and they left. He and his girlfriend!

thebigtiger

Awesome I was thinking he was a super star and left with his coaches girlfriend.  Go Tigers

Warhawkpa80

I tell you what Banner, Ballard won't let the tbirds hold the ball like the Pirates did against y'all.

arstatechamp13

Usually when the score is in the forties "holding the ball" is hard to claim. I'm just sayin

Warhawkpa80

When you hold the ball until you get a matchup you want, that's not even basketball I don't know what else it would be called. I know if I was there I would have been yelling BOR-ING from the stands.

arstatechamp13

November 17, 2016, 09:29:26 pm #17 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:33:24 pm by arstatechamp13
Yeah there's always one of those people. They're a big hit....wait a minute wait a minute..."if I was there" Forgive me for arguing with someone who didn't even see the game. I'm sure you heard it all from a "reliable source" though right?

Warhawkpa80

Those people? What are you trying to say? If I pay my $4 to get In the game I'm entitled to say what I want.

arstatechamp13

Yeah but you didn't pay $4 to get into that game so....

Warhawkpa80

Champ, what gave me away?

arstatechamp13

You said "if I was there"

Warhawkpa80

Sarcasm is apparently a foreign language to you.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 17, 2016, 07:50:11 pm
I tell you what Banner, Ballard won't let the tbirds hold the ball like the Pirates did against y'all.
Yeah we already beat Ballard, he had a horrible night shooting, it was weird

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 17, 2016, 06:21:30 pm
Hard to argue. Watched him play a couple of times last year. What I love about him is he never relies too much on his athleticism.  Has great shooting range, all the way almost outside the lane. Then defensively is a juggernaut...flat out stopper. One of the best at playing out of position to get steals I've seen. Solid fundamentally and never showboats. Tough out if you're in his area on the floor on Guy's defensive end. Guaranteed you'll have to take the effort to back cut for layups when he's out gambling passing lanes on your side. Great player.

DYING 😂😂 eagle Mom we need to be friends now. I apologize for everything I've ever said 😂😂

Catfish

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 17, 2016, 09:25:21 pm
When you hold the ball until you get a matchup you want, that's not even basketball I don't know what else it would be called. I know if I was there I would have been yelling BOR-ING from the stands.

The players and coaches would really take interest of this I'm sure. I bet they would run up to you in the stands and ask you what they should do. I bet they would attack the rim instantly.  Idiot 😂

Warhawkpa80

Look here whisker fish, this is not a name calling forum. I bet you have never even been around much basketball. Holding the ball should be outlawed.

arstatechamp13

No, making comments about a game you didn't watch should be outlawed

Warhawkpa80

I heard about it through a reliable source. Multiple parents at the game told me about it. So should history books be outlawed because the authors weren't there?

arstatechamp13

You're right. I'm wrong. Concord held the ball and managed to score 40 something points. It's obvious I don't know what I'm talking about

Warhawkpa80

I'm glad you finally realized I am right.

arstatechamp13

Yeah you should enlighten me on some other issues as well. I'd really like to hear your opinions

Catfish

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 18, 2016, 11:30:29 am
Look here whisker fish, this is not a name calling forum. I bet you have never even been around much basketball. Holding the ball should be outlawed.

Nope never

Ballhearts

Number 10 from Shirley is a one bad dude as well super athletic watched them play tonight. He was doing whatever he wanted in 1st half against Jacksonville lighthouse and led 20 but 2nd half was different and Shirley ended up throwing the game away for their first lose of the season. But I can say that Shirley isn't bad

arstatechamp13

Hey this conversation is supposed to be about all star Josh Ballard. We'd like to hear about the Shirley boys but post those comments on the score threads and such so we know where to find it

Catfish

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on November 18, 2016, 10:26:20 pm
Hey this conversation is supposed to be about all star Josh Ballard. We'd like to hear about the Shirley boys but post those comments on the score threads and such so we know where to find it

I disagree. I do not want to hear about them.

arstatechamp13

BannerMountainMan

Ballard out for 8 weeks, broke a bone last night

Batman44

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 04, 2016, 09:02:24 am
Ballard out for 8 weeks, broke a bone last night

That's a tough break(no pun intended)for any kid.

dentist15

December 05, 2016, 07:46:16 am #39 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:11:57 am by dentist15
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 17, 2016, 06:21:30 pm

As funny as I think Eagle Mom's post was, I should've read the full thread. Just saw his injury, and that's never a good thing, especially for a kid in his senior year.

Hero of Twin Groves

A buddy of mine was at guys game tonight and said Ballard was not at the game? I was sad not to be able to go but had a horse get out that I had to catch. I knew Ballard was hurt but why wouldn't he be at the game?

Thechosen1

I saw he was in a wheelchair. But idk if that would have anything to do with it

Hero of Twin Groves

Buddy said he wasn't on the bench. He said he thought his injury was not as bad as first diagnosed. Who knows though.

thebigtiger

Twin Grove Hero is Guy playing tonight?  Worth going to?

Catfish

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 13, 2016, 11:12:28 am
Twin Grove Hero is Guy playing tonight?  Worth going to?

You've got a game to coach.

Hero of Twin Groves

Tigerman, I am wanting to go watch concord/timbo but me and some buddies are going to the arena for a little roping later maybe I'll cut out early.

thebigtiger

Quote from: Catfish on December 13, 2016, 11:18:57 am
You've got a game to coach.
Asking for a friend from Conway I'll be at Timbo game
Fired up coach, fired up players and fired up fans!

Catfish

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 13, 2016, 12:27:31 pm
Asking for a friend from Conway I'll be at Timbo game
Fired up coach, fired up players and fired up fans!

See ya there

BannerMountainMan

I'll see y'all there tiger and catfish!

SackAttack

All three of yall in the same building might require security!!! ;D ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas