• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley vs Kirby

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 16, 2016, 05:18:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

bhartgen

Either way it's been a good game. Hate it comes down to questionable calls. 

bhartgen

BannerChaser95

Kirby 59
Shirley 56
Final

Has anyone ever lost a close game on the road and never blamed the refs. The calling was even.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 02, 2017, 07:14:00 pm
Kirby 59
Shirley 56
Final

Has anyone ever lost a close game on the road and never blamed the refs. The calling was even.
There are those among us that wanted to tell you this was gonna happen!!

BannerMountainMan

Since y'all said Kirby wins by 15 at home and only 7 neutral site, does that mean Shirley wins by 5 neutral?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on February 02, 2017, 07:15:22 pm
There are those among us that wanted to tell you this was gonna happen!!
HERES THE GAME SUMMARY

Kirby got up by 19. Looked to start playing slower or conservative. Shirley took advantage. 23 hit 3-4 in a row from deep and only 1 wasn't contested. Boy got hot and got it tight. Shirley missing free throws late. Kirby made free throws late.

The story line to any close ball game. The refs were yelled at from both sides. And the loser was going to complain regardless. I take it with a grain of salt.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 07:18:54 pm
Since y'all said Kirby wins by 15 at home and only 7 neutral site, does that mean Shirley wins by 5 neutral?
Banner for those of us who were not in attendance will you give us a rundown on the bad calls at the end???

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 07:18:54 pm
if bay wins by 3 on the road. And should win by 20 on neuatral. Does shirley still have 2 losses from teams mentioned above?

SackAttack

Banner Mountain not Banner Chaser. sorry should have specified

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: sideliner on February 02, 2017, 07:03:58 pm
These teams play a lot alike. a great game to watch!
tell us the lowdown on the end of the game please so we can have some neutral insight?!

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 07:24:37 pm
tell us the lowdown on the end of the game please so we can have some neutral insight?!
Yes please do

BannerMountainMan

Can you post videos on here cause I can get that last play where our guy got demolished the last two plays of the game and they just took it

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 07:28:47 pm
Can you post videos on here cause I can get that last play where our guy got demolished the last two plays of the game and they just took it
and Kirby took some rough ones at the end? #40's charge was the worst charge I'd seen in a while.

^but I wasn't going to say anything. Why? Cause it's basketball and refs have different angles. Oh and we won. I don't have to complain to much.

CrispyLips

The call that changed the outcome of the game was when a blocking foul was called on Shirley's best defender who was guarding the smith kid with about 15 seconds left. I personally don't think it was a foul but I would have been okay with it had they called it the whole game. However, there were hardly any blocking calls the whole game so it seemed out of place. The unsung hero of this game was whoever number forty was from Kirby. He scored like the first 8 points and was instant offense

BannerChaser95

Quote from: CrispyLips on February 02, 2017, 07:34:36 pm
The call that changed the outcome of the game was when a blocking foul was called on Shirley's best defender who was guarding the smith kid with about 15 seconds left. I personally don't think it was a foul but I would have been okay with it had they called it the whole game. However, there were hardly any blocking calls the whole game so it seemed out of place. The unsung hero of this game was whoever number forty was from Kirby. He scored like the first 8 points and was instant offense
Played awesome tonight!!

bhartgen

I think Shirley went on the road and played a heck of a game. Neutral courts in the future. Any bodies ball game.

SackAttack

Quote from: bhartgen on February 02, 2017, 07:40:30 pm
I think Shirley went on the road and played a heck of a game. Neutral courts in the future. Any bodies ball game.
But Mt. Ida wont be a neutral court! Kirby will practice over there 4-5 times between now and state tournament time. Kirby will essentially have at least half of the crowd! Just dont see it being a neutral floor!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 02, 2017, 05:55:48 am
I don't think it will matter........Kirby's gym will be full, fans loud, and Kirby will be rolling.....Kirby by 12.  Next they beat Nevada by 5 on Nevada's home floor, then beat County Line by 7 in Regional, setting up showdowns with Guy and Bay at Mt Ida.  That's how I see it.
it wasn't full though? And Shirley's gym is twice as big as Kirbys which is crazy, was it because not many knew about the game?

NewRecruit

February 02, 2017, 07:58:45 pm #119 Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:04:47 pm by NewRecruit
I was at the game and I am not from Kirby or Shirley. Yes there was some questionable calls (both ways). Kirby's pressure gave Shirley some trouble early, but they worked through it and came back from 19 down in the second half. When Smith went to the line and made 1 of 2 free throws Shirley had the opportunity to get the rebound and set something up but lost the ball (clean steal). Shirley made some bad decisions after that. The ball should have went to their shooter (down by 3) but he never touched it when they needed it in his hands. It was a game of streaks and it came down to hitting free throws and Kirby did a better job on the line. One thing I will point out Is during the comeback Shirley made, the fouls were Kirby 8 and Shirley 1. That got even by the end of the game. This is 2 teams that will be a tough out for anybody. Kirby plays better when moving up and down the floor and they seemed to get out of that at the end of the 3rd and the start of the fourth. To be honest, the refs let them play for the most part. I believe it was evenly called and could have went either way. If you play Shirley and don't get in their shooters face you're in trouble. Kirby seemed to have more scoring threats and were better at handling the ball (tonight). It was good game and both teams played with heart, and both teams showed very good sportsmanship.  Both are well coached. Good luck to both teams.

NewRecruit

On another note, I have also seen Nevada play a couple times, and they may have had bad nights, but Shirley and Kirby should both beat them on neutral courts with no problem. (SHOULD)

BannerChaser95

Quote from: NewRecruit on February 02, 2017, 08:14:55 pm
On another note, I have also seen Nevada play a couple times, and they may have had bad nights, but Shirley and Kirby should both beat them on neutral courts with no problem. (SHOULD)
at the top of their game and playing well. Shooting decent. Kirby and Shirley could meet again if Shirley can beat guy Perkins regionals. Meet in the second round of state.

All trash talking and messing around aside. I loved the game. Regardless had Shirley pulled it out, and Shirley boys are very good. Their record doesnt matter. Could make a deep run. I'd like to see #23 take the last shot from now on tho. Don't know what that was all about. Good game to watch from my POV

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 02, 2017, 08:21:51 pm
at the top of their game and playing well. Shooting decent. Kirby and Shirley could meet again if Shirley can beat guy Perkins regionals. Meet in the second round of state.

All trash talking and messing around aside. I loved the game. Regardless had Shirley pulled it out, and Shirley boys are very good. Their record doesnt matter. Could make a deep run. I'd like to see #23 take the last shot from now on tho. Don't know what that was all about. Good game to watch from my POV
pretty sure your best defender was on Freeman and wouldn't let him touch the ball but the boy that shot it is out second best but just took a bad shot! The game was worth the drive!

NewRecruit

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 02, 2017, 08:21:51 pm

Exactly! He should have had the ball in his hands! 2 very good teams

Thechosen1

So #23 Shirleys best player plays the game of his life and Shirley still loses. No way he plays like that again once Kirby adjusts I don't figure. Kirby won off of experience and knowing what to do in close games, just like Bay did on the road. Shirley is going to meet one of these two in state so the experience factor makes it hard for Shirley to win these type games.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 02, 2017, 08:40:09 pm
So #23 Shirleys best player plays the game of his life and Shirley still loses. No way he plays like that again once Kirby adjusts I don't figure. Kirby won off of experience and knowing what to do in close games, just like Bay did on the road. Shirley is going to meet one of these two in state so the experience factor makes it hard for Shirley to win these type games.
you know he does that all the time right?

Thechosen1

I mean I watched him play Bay and he didn't do much. Lol had like 7 lol

ballmember

think guy is most talented team in a.  marvell is the unknown.   then Shirley, Kirby and bay    will all depend on brackets.   Shirley could have problems getting out of regionals if don't play well cause their opposition could be guy, marvell, mve or nemo.  at mve  .

BannerChaser95

February 02, 2017, 10:02:05 pm #128 Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:57:51 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 02, 2017, 08:40:09 pm
I mean besides shooting he didn't do much other.

BlueDevilFan

Kirby is a good team, Bay is a good team, Shirley is a good team. In the next few weeks it's all going to come down to who wants it more. I'm personally pulling for my Blue Devils, with that said. I spoke to Kirby's coach last night and a few of his players and let me be one of the first Blue Devil fans to say stand up guy and young men. There wasn't any cheap shots by either side, yes there were questionable calls both ends of the court. I was just glad I got to attend the game and I believe that any of the above mentioned teams could be state champs. I just hope it's our beloved Blue Devils.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on February 03, 2017, 05:35:35 am
Kirby is a good team, Bay is a good team, Shirley is a good team. In the next few weeks it's all going to come down to who wants it more. I'm personally pulling for my Blue Devils, with that said. I spoke to Kirby's coach last night and a few of his players and let me be one of the first Blue Devil fans to say stand up guy and young men. There wasn't any cheap shots by either side, yes there were questionable calls both ends of the court. I was just glad I got to attend the game and I believe that any of the above mentioned teams could be state champs. I just hope it's our beloved Blue Devils.
exactly. I thought it was a good all around high school basketball game. The refs are going to be someone's out. Someone out their. But why not mention a teams lazy passes, Miscommunication, or bad shot selection. Kirby pressed most of the game. And 3 of Shirley goes and has 2 brain farts and takes a made shot out quick and tosses it in. Both led to turnovers, and 4 points. You take that away Shirley by theory wins? I mean this was just a classic of a game and people wanna complain. I loved it. And can't say the refs were terrible. And we had 8-1 foul calls in the 3rd quarter.

BlueDevilFan

I did notice the foul difference however as you pointed out, Kirby pressed 3/4 of the game it's my opinion that most times when a team does that for that length of time they will tend to have more fouls, the players get tired and end up getting sloppy. Kirby was a fast ball handling team, however Shirley's inside game for the most part couldn't be stopped by them. When #23 lit it up outside which he can do and does do regularly I might add Shirley becomes a threat fast. Now with all that said. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on February 03, 2017, 05:55:36 am
I did notice the foul difference however as you pointed out, Kirby pressed 3/4 of the game it's my opinion that most times when a team does that for that length of time they will tend to have more fouls, the players get tired and end up getting sloppy. Kirby was a fast ball handling team, however Shirley's inside game for the most part couldn't be stopped by them. When #23 lit it up outside which he can do and does do regularly I might add Shirley becomes a threat fast. Now with all that said. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks.
it's going to be fun. Wonder if anyone doesn't make the trip to mt. Ida that should. Theirs always someone supposed to be there lose the first round of regionals 🤔

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 06:01:11 am
it's going to be fun. Wonder if anyone doesn't make the trip to mt. Ida that should. Theirs always someone supposed to be there lose the first round of regionals 🤔

Nothing would personally make me happier than if Guy lays a big egg. I can not stand their coach and his "import" players from Greenbrier. 
Other than that team it's anyone's guess injuries or sickness this late in the game is always a concern at 1A level due to team sizes most times.

SackAttack

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on February 03, 2017, 06:06:44 am
Nothing would personally make me happier than if Guy lays a big egg. I can not stand their coach and his "import" players from Greenbrier. 
Other than that team it's anyone's guess injuries or sickness this late in the game is always a concern at 1A level due to team sizes most times.
This argument as time goes on is losing its grip because every team has import players these days. Guy has em for sure but so do many others. Guys just seem to be all-state caliber is the only difference. Dont you guys have a couple of Clinton boys on your roster? Kirby got two from Caddo Hills I believe? We know Bay has em. Its simply the way things are. I too would love to see Guy lay an egg but that argument doesnt hold much water anymore!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2017, 10:45:37 am
This argument as time goes on is losing its grip because every team has import players these days. Guy has em for sure but so do many others. Guys just seem to be all-state caliber is the only difference. Dont you guys have a couple of Clinton boys on your roster? Kirby got two from Caddo Hills I believe? We know Bay has em. Its simply the way things are. I too would love to see Guy lay an egg but that argument doesnt hold much water anymore!
both of the move ins from Shirley actually live in Shirley, always have, football didn't work out for em.

KirbyitsaTradition

Caddo Brothers for Kirby, live in the District as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on February 03, 2017, 06:06:44 am

Players?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: KirbyitsaTradition on February 03, 2017, 01:12:53 pm

No matter the sport, move-ins are always brought up.  If AAA says they are eligible, then let 'em play.  It happens at every school in every sport at some point.  Some are difference makers & some aren't.  Kirby has always attracted basketball talent because they are consistently good.....it's not the other way around. 

SackAttack

Quote from: KirbyitsaTradition on February 03, 2017, 01:12:53 pm
Yeah I heard yall had houses for rent down there too

KirbyitsaTradition

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2017, 01:20:17 pm
Yeah I heard yall had houses for rent down there too
Nope, actually our numbers are down bc we have no rentals, that one was a purchase look it up. 

SackAttack

Quote from: KirbyitsaTradition on February 03, 2017, 01:30:51 pm
Nope, actually our numbers are down bc we have no rentals, that one was a purchase look it up.
whoa whoa didnt mean to bring up a sore subject. Im sure there are some nice  2 bedroom wood frame houses for sale down there.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2017, 01:35:25 pm
whoa whoa didnt mean to bring up a sore subject. Im sure there are some nice  2 bedroom wood frame houses for sale down there.
move ins happen every single year

"If you build it they will come" decent teams year in and year out are attractive for kids in the area to move out.

Josh Ballards dad made a big ol Facebook post on why he moved Josh. And it was to better his son he said. Every one gets mad if they ain't winning state titles that have been at a school since pre k

BannerChaser95

Not assuming you're mad their sack.  I'm just speaking in general. As a lot of people get in their feelings about this subject lol

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 01:41:26 pm

"If you build it they will come" decent teams year in and year out are attractive for kids in the area to move out.

Josh Ballards dad made a big ol Facebook post on why he moved Josh. And it was to better his son he said. Every one gets mad if they ain't winning state titles that have been at a school since pre k
[/quote I know some of the people around Guy and the word  locally is that he hates Hutch as bad as did Simmons at Greenbrier! Totally off topic and I will stop there!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2017, 01:45:23 pm
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2017, 01:41:26 pm

I know some of the people around Guy and the word  locally is that he hates Hutch as bad as did Simmons at Greenbrier! Totally off topic and I will stop there!
yeah i understand it's going to happen.

KirbyitsaTradition

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2017, 01:35:25 pm

yes, we all sleep in a 2 room shack with bunk beds on each wall.   ;) :D ;) :)

BannerMountainMan

February 03, 2017, 01:58:53 pm #147 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:34:08 pm by BannerMountainMan
As all my years attending Clinton and coming up we always had the same group of kids, never someone new, we never ever even thought about someone else being on our team because we had never even thought of the word recruiting, we didn't know it existed, that's why some people are frowned upon it because it never happens at most schools and never even thought of.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 01:58:53 pm
As all my years attending Clinton and coming up we always had the same group of kids, never someone new, we never ever even thought about someone else being on our team because we had never even thought of the word recruiting, we didn't know it existed, that's why some people are frowned upon it because it never happens at most schools and never even thought of.

Who's Clinton gonna recruit from? Rural special? Leslie?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas