• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton @ Harding Academy

Started by sickwillie, October 27, 2018, 03:43:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickwillie

Old Scrapper

I think Hampton has a good shot to pull it out if they don't suffer jet lag from traveling.

dawgpound

Old Scrapper

Quote from: dawgpound on October 27, 2018, 04:17:06 pm
Is Harding's field turf
I'm not sure. It's been years since I have been there.

eldofan

Hgalum50

raider99

Harding Academy gets the win in this one but I believe Hampton will have a good showing.

panther07

I don't think Hampton has seen proficiency throwing it like they will Friday. And I think Hampton gets worn down. HA plays basically all 1 way guys.

baseball13

I don't think HA has seen the physicality they will Friday. The speed on the dline will get to the QB

panther07

Quote from: baseball13 on October 28, 2018, 12:32:24 am
I don't think HA has seen the physicality they will Friday. The speed on the dline will get to the QB

Oh Goodness. Ok. Hampton just a big ole bully

Monsta

Quote from: dawgpound on October 27, 2018, 04:17:06 pm
Is Harding's field turf
yes they play on Harding university field, And HA BY 14

athletic supporter

Quote from: baseball13 on October 28, 2018, 12:32:24 am

I will promise you they have seen that type of physicality. They are in the same conference with Clinton who is smashmouth all the way

Bearden_Bear72

Harding Academy plays a weak 3A schedule.  True you play Clinton but who else? Bald know......average, Heber Springs.....average.  Most other teams they play only have one or two wins each.  If Harding Academy is a true passing team then that will be completely new to Hampton.  For that reason I do think they will be able to move the ball some.  Hampton apart from Clinton will be one the more physical teams HA will play.  Hampton has also never played on turf this season I don't believe so that might make a difference.

In the end I think Hampton is starting to hit a playoff stride and will take this game by 7 on the road

dawgpound

I would like to see Hampton play a passing team before playoffs just for the experience.  One concern is when you play 2a football in the south there is a lot of holding that you get away with during a game so i wonder how this game will be called

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: dawgpound on October 28, 2018, 08:53:59 pm
I would like to see Hampton play a passing team before playoffs just for the experience.  One concern is when you play 2a football in the south there is a lot of holding that you get away with during a game so i wonder how this game will be called

Considering it's a home game for HA I expect most calls to go there way.  Hampton is gonna have to work on secondary adjustments on the field and play fundamental coverage.  Hopefully Hampton coach hasn't ignored this part of defense

dawgpound

They done pretty good against fordyce covering passes heck i think we caught more of their passes than they did

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: dawgpound on October 28, 2018, 09:07:42 pm
They done pretty good against fordyce covering passes heck i think we caught more of their passes than they did

Honestly that's not saying much.  Fordyce only threw 3 times against JC.  It's very obvious they are not good at it lol.  I'm not sure about star City, but in conference PC probably is best passing team.

panther07

October 28, 2018, 10:15:37 pm #17 Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:23:57 pm by panther07
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 28, 2018, 08:14:11 pm
Harding Academy plays a weak 3A schedule.  True you play Clinton but who else? Bald know......average, Heber Springs.....average.  Most other teams they play only have one or two wins each.  If Harding Academy is a true passing team then that will be completely new to Hampton.  For that reason I do think they will be able to move the ball some.  Hampton apart from Clinton will be one the more physical teams HA will play.  Hampton has also never played on turf this season I don't believe so that might make a difference.

In the end I think Hampton is starting to hit a playoff stride and will take this game by 7 on the road

What do you know about the teams HA plays? You guys really act like Hampton is going to something the likes of Some little ole harding academy has never seen. Give me a break man. Hampton may come up there and whip us, but I pinky promise Hampton isn't anything harding has never seen and beaten.

If you're not really sure if HA is a passing team or not, you know very little about HA. They've been doing it and winning titles doing it since the 90's. What it boils down to is that you're not real sure of much about HA. And that's fine. But don't make assumptions about their physicality etc. when you're not even sure what they do offensively. They'll run stuff Hampton players didn't know existed.

panther07

Quote from: dawgpound on October 28, 2018, 09:07:42 pm

The juggernaut that is the Fordyce passing game...

Bearden_Bear72

October 29, 2018, 08:11:35 am #19 Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:21:31 am by Bearden_Bear72
Quote from: panther07 on October 28, 2018, 10:15:37 pm
What do you know about the teams HA plays? You guys really act like Hampton is going to something the likes of Some little ole harding academy has never seen. Give me a break man. Hampton may come up there and whip us, but I pinky promise Hampton isn't anything harding has never seen and beaten.

If you're not really sure if HA is a passing team or not, you know very little about HA. They've been doing it and winning titles doing it since the 90's. What it boils down to is that you're not real sure of much about HA. And that's fine. But don't make assumptions about their physicality etc. when you're not even sure what they do offensively. They'll run stuff Hampton players didn't know existed.

Stop getting your feelings hurt.  I admitted not knowing much about HA.  All I can say is about their schedule.  It's seens like your stuck in past seasons instead of this one.  I don't really know what I said that got you so upset.  I thought I made legit points personally lol.  I never said Hampton was unlike anything you ever seen.  I actually said Clinton was the best you played.  Didn't even say Hampton plays a better schedule, just that HA plays a weak 3A one.  I wouldn't have mentioned passing if I didn't have a idea of what HA likes to do.  I just wasn't sure if it was 75% or 90% passing.  HA has a great tradition but won't stop Hampton I'm sorry.  Your gonna have to come out and play a good game. 

panther07

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 29, 2018, 08:11:35 am
Stop getting your feelings hurt.  I admitted not knowing much about HA.  All I can say is about their schedule.  It's seens like your stuck in past seasons instead of this one.  I don't really know what I said that got you so upset.  I thought I made legit points personally lol.  I never said Hampton was unlike anything you ever seen.  I actually said Clinton was the best you played.  Didn't even say Hampton plays a better schedule, just that HA plays a weak 3A one.  I wouldn't have mentioned passing if I didn't have a idea of what HA likes to do.  I just wasn't sure if it was 75% or 90% passing.  HA has a great tradition but won't stop Hampton I'm sorry.  Your gonna have to come out and play a good game.

HA throws for 250 a game competing 65% of throws and runs for 190 per game. Pretty darn good offensively. I've seen Hampton play. They have some fantastic players. Fast and physical. HA will most assuredly have to play well. If they do play well, I think they beat them a couple scores.

Bearden_Bear72

Just wondering panther is there a team HA played this year that runs 90% of the time.  Is that what Clinton does?  I know more about HA then I do Clinton.  I know they got some big boys

panther07

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 29, 2018, 08:41:27 am
Just wondering panther is there a team HA played this year that runs 90% of the time.  Is that what Clinton does?  I know more about HA then I do Clinton.  I know they got some big boys

Clinton runs wing T. And run it very well. Clinton has the biggest high school offensive line I've seen in very long time. Most teams in small Arkansas football do run the ball the majority of the time. Finding teams that run it is not nearly as hard as finding teams that can throw it with any sort of consistent success.

It should also be noted that what Hampton attempts to do offensively is what Harding University runs. We're pretty familiar with flexbone and option football in searcy.

Bearden_Bear72

10-4 hope it's a good game with no injuries

sickwillie

Quote from: panther07 on October 29, 2018, 08:54:18 am
It should also be noted that what Hampton attempts to do offensively is what Harding University runs. We're pretty familiar with flexbone and option football in searcy.

Lol

Bearden_Bear72

panther07

dawgpound

Hampton will need to carry a pretty good lead late in the game bc of the fresh legs Harding will have.  On another note if ha qb has to set very long before throwing the ball he will have a long night

baseball13

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 28, 2018, 10:29:14 am
I will promise you they have seen that type of physicality. They are in the same conference with Clinton who is smashmouth all the way

Clinton will get bounced in the second round by Prescott. Clinton is a good  team but not a great team.

athletic supporter

Quote from: baseball13 on October 29, 2018, 04:04:16 pm
Clinton will get bounced in the second round by Prescott. Clinton is a good  team but not a great team.

Hampton isn't Prescott OR Clinton

beach bum

Correct

panther07

What are you basing that on?

beach bum

beach bum

Quote from: panther07 on October 29, 2018, 07:30:45 pm
What insight you have.

Just wait about 2 and half weeks and you will get the memo finally....

Bearden_Bear72

I don't think you can count Clinton on, but Prescott is a really good team. 

panther07

Quote from: beach bum on October 29, 2018, 08:47:05 pm

Just wait about 2 and half weeks and you will get the memo finally....

If they lose to Prescott, that makes them just ok?

YOUKNOWWHO

HA rolls in this one. Hampton has a real good run defense but the pass defense is terrible. Hampton wont be able to get many stops on defense and the offence is so predictable it the same 3 plays over and over again.

HA-42
Dogs- 14

sickwillie

Quote from: YOUKNOWWHO on October 30, 2018, 07:28:17 am
HA rolls in this one. Hampton has a real good run defense but the pass defense is terrible. Hampton wont be able to get many stops on defense and the offence is so predictable it the same 3 plays over and over again.

HA-42
Dogs- 14

??? ??? ??? ???

YOUKNOWWHO

sickwillie

Quote from: YOUKNOWWHO on October 30, 2018, 08:41:39 am
willie you got a headache or something?

Yes, I do. Trying to figure out why you think the score will be that one sided

panther07

Quote from: sickwillie on October 30, 2018, 09:02:19 am

Yes, I do. Trying to figure out why you think the score will be that one sided

Agree. I think HA wins but more like 34-21

dawgpound

If it's so predictable why do teams have so much trouble stopping it

panther07

Quote from: dawgpound on October 30, 2018, 09:06:44 am
If it's so predictable why do teams have so much trouble stopping it

To be fair, the good teams you've played have controlled it somewhat. 12 against JC. 21 against fordyce.  I don't mean that as any sort of knock. I love option football. Watch it every Saturday. But I think Hampton will have to score quite a bit Friday.

YOUKNOWWHO

Hampton is not very good at it. The good teams have basically stopped it for the most part. I don't think Hampton will score much and HA will pick the Dawgs secondary apart all night, (if he has time). Hamptons front 5 are real good.

baseball13

Quote from: panther07 on October 30, 2018, 09:12:16 am
To be fair, the good teams you've played have controlled it somewhat. 12 against JC. 21 against fordyce.  I don't mean that as any sort of knock. I love option football. Watch it every Saturday. But I think Hampton will have to score quite a bit Friday.

HA will have to have long drives to give their D a rest. Hampton will wear down HA and win it in the 4th.

panther07

October 30, 2018, 01:05:16 pm #46 Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:07:13 pm by panther07
Quote from: baseball13 on October 30, 2018, 11:41:07 am

HA will have to have long drives to give their D a rest. Hampton will wear down HA and win it in the 4th.

The team with every player playing both ways? The team whose backfield will now have to cover WR's down the field all game when they have hardly seen the forward pass?  That doesn't make sense man. Like I said earlier, Hampton may thump us, but what you guys are saying doesn't have much logic behind it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: panther07 on October 30, 2018, 01:05:16 pm
The team with every player playing both ways? The team whose backfield will now have to cover WR's down the field all game when they have hardly seen the forward pass?  That doesn't make sense man. Like I said earlier, Hampton may thump us, but what you guys are saying doesn't have much logic behind it.

that south arkansas logic never adds up.

baseball13

Quote from: panther07 on October 30, 2018, 01:05:16 pm

Hampton don't have every player playing both ways. 6 maybe 7 are playing both sides of the ball.

panther07

Quote from: baseball13 on October 30, 2018, 02:01:35 pm
Hampton don't have every player playing both ways. 6 maybe 7 are playing both sides of the ball.

7 2 ways guys is a lot. And with 20 players, they're playing special teams as well. The numbers don't add up to HA wearing down before Hampton.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas