• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian @ Magnet Cove

Started by bearfan, October 23, 2018, 10:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bearfan

JHFootball37

*Magnet Cove @ Conway Christian.

Should be a good one!

thebigman3

Flobbito

CC rolls. This team is hard for me to gauge, all they have are blow out losses (to top teams in 4a and 3A teams respectively), and blowout wins against every 2A team they've played, none of which are impressive. Mt. Pine has proven to be their best win, and they aren't very good. So we can see what CC is about in the playoffs.

N2DEEP

For MC to win they will have to play their best and play for 4 quarters (which we have yet to do). If MC can minimize CC's run game, then we have a shot. If we do not control CC's run game it could be a blowout win by CC.

After watching CC's film they spread teams out from sideline to sideline and then run to open spaces usually off tackle. Their QB is great at letting the defense drop back for pass coverage, letting the rush bypass him and then running 15+ yards downfield. They try and put alot of pressure on the defensive LB's.

MC will have to do their best job of man on man coverage to allow the LB's freedom to control #9 and #4. MC has an offense with components similar to Clinton, but we do not have the horses upfront like they have or like we had last year. Overall MC's offense can not be so predictable.

I hope for a great game so it is either a close game or a CC route.

Also in this game are two of the better 2A kickers. Both kickers are capable of 40+ yrd field goals. You usually do not find good kickers in 2A, so it may come down to field position.

Ricky Bobby

Well... I heard the Magnet Cove coach say he will NEVER... and I mean NEVER, play man coverage.
There seems to be a communication error somewhere or another. You might be a little N2DEEP after all...

N2DEEP

Quote from: Ricky Bobby on October 23, 2018, 01:47:45 pm
Well... I heard the Magnet Cove coach say he will NEVER... and I mean NEVER, play man coverage.
There seems to be a communication error somewhere or another. You might be a little N2DEEP after all...

You may be right, but if you cover 4 WR's and drop a 2 deep safety, you have now left 5 players in the box versus 5 lineman, a QB, and a RB, hence why CC has been running all over people. Our line has to have a controlled rush and not bypass the QB and take themselves out of the play. At MC last year CC did pass alot, but what hurt us was the 15-20 yard runs by the QB, esp near the end of the game. At some point you have to put faith in your players, their ability, and how they are coached.

BY the way as long as CC has internet (either wifi or Verizon), I will be streaming the game at https://www.youtube.com/c/PPRDSports

Ricky Bobby

So if the MC boys pull off blitzkreig, and go man all around, they'll win?
My thoughts listed below:
If the panthers run Spider 2Y Banana, they'll be conference champs.

LeftyWorld

I'm just saying N2Deep has been deep on that pipe with the good gas if he thinks MC going man on CC unless MC got 4 new transfers this week that are all 6-2 and run a 4.5 40  ???. They wanting to get it over with quick and head back home with a 30 piece if they come out in man if not. They've got good coaches though so it'll be interesting to see how they zone it up to try and slow CC down.

hawgball3

MC still isn't over the loss last year. CC rolls by Mercy rule. Run, pass, rain, sleet, snow, or hail CC will win.

thebigman3

Quote from: N2DEEP on October 23, 2018, 12:29:21 pm
For MC to win they will have to play their best and play for 4 quarters (which we have yet to do). If MC can minimize CC's run game, then we have a shot. If we do not control CC's run game it could be a blowout win by CC.

After watching CC's film they spread teams out from sideline to sideline and then run to open spaces usually off tackle. Their QB is great at letting the defense drop back for pass coverage, letting the rush bypass him and then running 15+ yards downfield. They try and put alot of pressure on the defensive LB's.

MC will have to do their best job of man on man coverage to allow the LB's freedom to control #9 and #4. MC has an offense with components similar to Clinton, but we do not have the horses upfront like they have or like we had last year. Overall MC's offense can not be so predictable.

I hope for a great game so it is either a close game or a CC route.

Also in this game are two of the better 2A kickers. Both kickers are capable of 40+ yrd field goals. You usually do not find good kickers in 2A, so it may come down to field position.
On the kicker thing.. I don't know much about MC kicker, but I have seen CC kicker many times, and man, that kid is good. I would give him a little more credit than 40 yards and say I bet he can hit one at 50 maybe 52.

Flobbito

Best thing about the CC kicker is touchbacks, not many get them at this classification, it pins the offense back 10-15 yards further than most.

sheepdawg92

P.P.R.D.

All I can say is Magnet Cove won't be out Coached.  Conway Christian's Coaches have inherited a good group of players and is relying on what their previous Coaches built.  Should be a good game Magnet 31 cc 27

Schefty

October 25, 2018, 08:24:18 am #14 Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:10:07 am by Schefty
QuoteYou may be right, but if you cover 4 WR's and drop a 2 deep safety, you have now left 5 players in the box versus 5 lineman, a QB, and a RB, hence why CC has been running all over people. Our line has to have a controlled rush and not bypass the QB and take themselves out of the play. At MC last year CC did pass alot, but what hurt us was the 15-20 yard runs by the QB, esp near the end of the game. At some point you have to put faith in your players, their ability, and how they are coached.

Are you suggesting playing man with no safety help? Probably not the best idea when facing a true dual-threat QB like Wood from CC. The secondary will be out of position because they will be chasing receivers all over the field, and when Wood breaks the line of scrimmage he will run for days. Also, don't forget the kid can spin it pretty good so he will find open receivers if the coverage isn't tight. In my opinion playing zone, keeping everything in front of you, preaching to the D-line to not run up field out of control, and being able to tackle in open space is the only way to contain him. He is going to run well when a play breaks down and make something out of it. MC has to prevent big plays and tackle well. I have nothing but respect for the MC program and they will have a great game plan and be ready to play. We will see what they come out in defensively tomorrow. I expect a good game plan and a close first half with CC pulling away in the second half. CC by 21.

hawgball3

Quote from: P.P.R.D. on October 24, 2018, 09:55:26 pm
All I can say is Magnet Cove won't be out Coached.  Conway Christian's Coaches have inherited a good group of players and is relying on what their previous Coaches built.  Should be a good game Magnet 31 cc 27
So your saying 11-2 the first year and soon to be back to back conference champs is just by the players??? Im going to have to strongly disagree. Kramer was also nominated as coach of the year.

Ricky Bobby

Nominated, you say? Sounds like a first runner up to me... I give you an A for effort, and if you'd like, we could all pitch in, and get you a participation trophy? I know a guy...

WampusCat30

CC has one of, if not, the best coaching staff in 2a football. Each one of the coaches knows a great deal about football and have improved the players' skill and knowledge of the game

jsky14

CC by mercy rule. Despite the brilliant coaching.

mrk1027

Quote from: Schefty on October 25, 2018, 08:24:18 am

Are you suggesting playing man with no safety help? Probably not the best idea when facing a true dual-threat QB like Wood from CC. The secondary will be out of position because they will be chasing receivers all over the field, and when Wood breaks the line of scrimmage he will run for days. Also, don't forget the kid can spin it pretty good so he will find open receivers if the coverage isn't tight. In my opinion playing zone, keeping everything in front of you, preaching to the D-line to not run up field out of control, and being able to tackle in open space is the only way to contain him. He is going to run well when a play breaks down and make something out of it. MC has to prevent big plays and tackle well. I have nothing but respect for the MC program and they will have a great game plan and be ready to play. We will see what they come out in defensively tomorrow. I expect a good game plan and a close first half with CC pulling away in the second half. CC by 21.

This dude gets how it works!!! The pass rush of MC alone can't contain Wood and that's exactly what man coverage is gonna make happen.

"You ever fight a dinosaur? They can kill you in a variety of ways"

When you line up man, you're also gonna find CC in a very wide trips formation absolutely gashing you with their other weapon no one talks about, Wyatt Lawrence

mrk1027

Nobody inherits a team and then finishes with a school record in wins. And I say this with all due respect (loads of it) to both the former and current coaching staffs of CC.

On a side note, I don't know the rest of the staff at MC but know that Carmikle is absolutely one of the sharpest young coaches out there. I have worked with him before. As sharp as he is you gotta give Kramer the same props. I can't sit here and say the MC staff is above CC's. Comments like that just sound like a fella don't like someone

tigerblood

The debate here is if Conway Christian will win by 30 or 35

Schefty

Quote from: mrk1027 on October 25, 2018, 10:59:53 am
Nobody inherits a team and then finishes with a school record in wins. And I say this with all due respect (loads of it) to both the former and current coaching staffs of CC.

On a side note, I don't know the rest of the staff at MC but know that Carmikle is absolutely one of the sharpest young coaches out there. I have worked with him before. As sharp as he is you gotta give Kramer the same props. I can't sit here and say the MC staff is above CC's. Comments like that just sound like a fella don't like someone

Kramer is an excellent coach, and he inherited an excellent program. That is obvious given the success he has had in his first two seasons.

mrk1027

Game just kicked off. Live audio and video are struggling currently but here's the link or you can download the Conway Christian app on iPhone (don't know if it's on Android markets)

http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/view/VideoPlayer.htm?call=CCHS

mrk1027

Quote from: mrk1027 on October 26, 2018, 07:12:20 pm
Game just kicked off. Live audio and video are struggling currently but here's the link or you can download the Conway Christian app on iPhone (don't know if it's on Android markets)

http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/view/VideoPlayer.htm?call=CCHS

Disregard video option, crew has went to strictly audio due to connectivity issues.

CCS just got the first score

mrk1027

CCS - 14
Magnet Cove - 0

End of first quarter, but still a game (allow me to shed some bias here)

mrk1027

mrk1027

Quote from: mrk1027 on October 26, 2018, 09:09:23 pm
CC- 42
Cove - 28

Start of 4th

FINAL:

Conway Christian - 56
Magnet Cove - 28

5-2A Conference Championship for CCS

thevoice

Cove did get a victory over the pads on the goalposts pregame though. 

Flobbito

Quote from: thevoice on October 28, 2018, 08:47:50 pm
Cove did get a victory over the pads on the goalposts pregame though.

?

JHFootball37

Quote from: Flobbito on October 28, 2018, 09:56:00 pm
?
Cove acted like Cove and went back and forth across CC's field and punched the goalpost pads and also had a meeting on CC's logo, that't what he was talking about.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas