• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine @ Mountainburg

Started by Hornet4ever, October 20, 2018, 10:50:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Prouddragondad

IMO Burg is the better team but the better team don't always win. I thought Hackett and Hector were the better team but Magazine beat both of them. No doubt Rattlers do a good job of being ready for the big games. I think You guys just over looked Lavaca a little bit and they got you. I know Magazine will be ready cause this is a big game for them to so it's a shame you want get to watch it Storm cause I believe you are going to miss a really good game. Crowds should be big for both sides and the weather looks to be good.

Prouddragondad

Calm down AR dawg3 and yeitman3.

alaskanstorm

it in da 'burgs best interest the storm doesn't show up Pdd.  The rattlers are undefeated in the games the storms attended.

alaskanstorm

it is just starting to get fun Pdd, but if you feel like you must reel'em in.

Prouddragondad

I've known them 2 since they were little and both were good ball players and very serious about football. Gotta love it!

yeitman3

I'm calm as can be. It should be a great game to put your streak to the test storm

alaskanstorm

i'll catch the rattlers in late November as they make their playoff run.

AR_dawg3

You will be watching basketball in November

RATTLER43

October 24, 2018, 04:08:44 pm #58 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:14:00 pm by RATTLER43
Just got off work and saw this. Hey, we are still here.  Got a little wind knocked out of our sails at Lavaca but we are still rolling and confident. 
Snakes come out from under rocks when it is warm and sunny.  The sun was really shining brightly on us at that time.  Got cloudy for a week with my Astros getting beat down by the Red Sox.  Now the sun is back to shining and we are ready to strike.   

Yeti ...    ;D    The 'storm does have a great sense of humor....

The Duke is one of my favorites of all-time ...

Hey, we like to remember our greats from all eras of our school.  We reminisce about good times.  Like the great Emmitt Cleveland Yang from the 1930s and 1940s who set state records which stood for parts of three decades and who can forget the Hall of Famer J.D. Leftwich Yang from the 1920s who led us to victories over Booneville, Danville, and surrounding communities. 

alaskanstorm

Quote from: AR_dawg3 on October 24, 2018, 03:25:01 pm
You will be watching basketball in November
nope, the rattlers playoff run.

Dragonsvoice

I hope both teams aren't lacing up the high tops come November. Astorm we have a little field landing strip off Hwy 282 if you want to fly in for the game. or you could just use Hwy 71 because everyone in town will be at the game watching the 4-2a championship crown get one game closer for the Burger's.

Dragonsvoice

Astorm I hope your not out of town this Friday because from the words of Dwight Yoakum it will be "Buenos Noches From A Lonely Room"  at the end of the night.

rattlerfan24

I guess I haven't had much to say...although I dont remember saying much before.  Been a busy week.

rattlerfan24

October 24, 2018, 07:44:46 pm #63 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:48:19 pm by rattlerfan24
As I said earlier, I think it will take an extraordinary game from Magazine to pull off a win here.  I'm hopeful they have what it takes.  They have been underdogs in every big game this year and are underdogs in this game. 

I'm confident because two years ago, when this years junior's  were freshmen and this years sophomores were 8th graders, Magazine and Mtburg met for a conference championship.  Magazine dominated that game and won 36-8 if I remember correctly.

That being said this years Srs from both schools were not on that team...as they were sophomores that year. 

That game was played in Magazine and this years game will be played in Mtburg.

Hoping for a great game from two very good teams.

I'll take Magazine by 4......simply because I cant pick against my guys.....

I believe ;)
#darkhorse

rattlerfan24

IMO whoever is going to win will need to put up some serious points.  Magazine has rolled up well over 400 rushing yards several times this year.  I've seen similar type numbers from MtBurg.

PAT/2pt conversions may be the difference..

rattlerfan24

Magazines defense has been very good at times (held Mt Ida to 7pts at the half, if not for 1 second being added to the clock and Ida scoring from a yard out) and then very bad at times... . giving up 34 points to Lavaca in a very poor defensive showing.  Dont know what to expect from game to game.  Offense and special teams for Magazine have been very consistent

Prouddragondad

Here some stats in conference play only.
Offense                        Defense
Mtburg    46 ppg            12 ppg
Magazine 30 ppg            18 ppg

rattlerfan24

Which is partly why I'm saying, it will take an incredible effort from Magazine.  Numbers slightly scewed.  Burg has mag and hector still to play..mag has burg and wyc

yeitman3

You should state that that confrence championship was in junior high

rattlerfan24

October 24, 2018, 08:49:55 pm #69 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:53:13 pm by rattlerfan24
Well ya.  Thought I made that clear.  Two years ago this years Jrs and sophs......would have been 8th/9th.....didn't I say that??

Prouddragondad

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 24, 2018, 08:26:58 pm
Which is partly why I'm saying, it will take an incredible effort from Magazine.  Numbers slightly scewed.  Burg has mag and hector still to play..mag has burg and wyc
Ok here you go stats against three common opponents Hackett/Lavaca/Westside
Offense                         Defense
Mtburg 48 ppg                17 ppg
Magazine 27 ppg             16 ppg

Will this be a defensive game or will this be a high scoring game? I believe it will be low scoring because of Magazine's style of play.

Dragonsvoice

Well the tale of the tape is this:

Burg Pts 316 Pa 155

Mag Pts 177 Pa 152

No Player stats for the Mags

The Burg's Player stat's
#5 740yr
#6 477yr
#14 379yr
# 39 500yr
# 20 437 rec. yrd

I am still going with the Burg by two td's.

who do you cover or double cover when 5 of the 11 on the field have skills and can make plays tricky for any defense.

the pts scored and pa for both teams says a lot seems like the Burg has a high power offense and both defenses play out the same. IMO the Burg's offense will be to much for the Mag's to handle.

if you knew me you would know I like #'s they don't always work out but football is a math equation its a game of #'s

Dragonsvoice

good news the JR Dragons up 22 to 0 half could be foreshadowing for Friday night

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 25, 2018, 07:41:03 pm
good news the JR Dragons up 22 to 0 half could be foreshadowing for Friday night

Hackett remains undefeated in junior high after beating Lavaca 22-6 last night

Prouddragondad

Well a little bit over 2 hrs till kickoff. Ready for this game to get started. Should be a good game but I believe the Burg wants this conference championship more and will come away with the victory. Mountainburg by 2 tds. Go Dragons!!!

Dragonsvoice

well game day is here good luck to both teams Mag's have a safe trip up and later tonight. Still going with the Burg by to TD's Go Big Blue ;D

rattlerfan24

Mtburg punts after neg yards on first poss

rattlerfan24

Magazine hits a big play and guess what......flags fly.....

rattlerfan24

Dragons hit a big play......no flags.....

rattlerfan24

8-0 dragons

Magazine run def is doing it.  Pass def. Not so much

Prouddragondad

rattlerfan24

Another penalty.....on 3rd and loong for mtburg.....1st down :(

Prouddragondad

End of 1st mtburg 16 magazine 0

rattlerfan24

Burg getting flagged now.....#flagfest

rattlerfan24

Came out fired up. We get some adversity and we seem to be done...

Prouddragondad

TD Mtburg 24-0 8:20 left in half

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

4:31 2nd burg driving
Up 24-0

8 for magazine is throwing punches...surprisingly no flags thrown...

Prouddragondad

#39 for burg pounding the ball right up the middle. Magazine can't stop it so far

Prouddragondad

TD mtburg 32-0 2:32 left in half

Hornet4ever

Dragons are clear cut in this conference. Taking care of business tonight.

Prouddragondad

Prouddragondad

Halftime Mtburg 32 Magazine 0
Mtburg dominating both sides of the ball in the first half. Let's keep it going boys.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 26, 2018, 08:00:52 pm
Dragons are clear cut in this conference. Taking care of business tonight.
You know the score of Hackett and Lavaca game

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

I think I've posted a ton.....

Prouddragondad

TD mtburg 40-0 mercy rule starts 2:08 left in 3rd

Prouddragondad

TD magazine
Mtburg 40 Magazine 8 6:00 left

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas