• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salem vs McCrory

Started by houndfan4610, October 06, 2012, 11:14:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

houndfan4610

what other weapons do the jags have besides the obvious "Best" ???

good times

Binkley, browning, and smith can all make plays...rb,qb,and rec

Donnie Jamon

this game will be very physical..  it's at salem so they might have a little advantage but mccrory plays really hard..  i'm staying away from this one..  i'm not sure who to pk  :)

houndfan4610

after the shut-out at MC last year i think the Hounds are hungry--it shud be a very physical game

godgiven999

IMO I think Salem tastes a L for the first time this season. Jags by 6

breezy

I Agree MC coming off that lose to EPC, and they know this is a must win and get it done. I say MC by 12. MC defense will eat up the Salem o-line, and it may be a long night for the QB.

bdubyab60

I believe this will be a close game. Ill with the Jags for now. I watched the videos that were put up. I think Salem is a good team. But dont think they get by the Jags this week.

Greyhound#1

Salem had been waiting for this game for a year.  This will be great game.  I just hope it don't rain. 

ISU7

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 06, 2012, 11:51:01 am
this game will be very physical..  it's at salem so they might have a little advantage but mccrory plays really hard..  i'm staying away from this one..  i'm not sure who to pk  :)
I got you bro. SALEM...

ISU7

There is a 40% chance of rain >:(

mcnewfamily

THIS GAME  could go either way mc is pretty banged up, but if they play ball like they did against epc then salam will experince their first lost.

Greyhound#1

I don't think we have any injured players right now. 

mrkingark

Seeing both teams play and AT Salem......Salem by 14.....your down 14 at Salem before you get off the bus!

bdubyab60

Time for Salem to step up to the plate and prove everyone wrong. They have seen all the posts and talk about the polls, how overrated they are, strength of schedule and so on an so forth. Win 2 out of the next 3. Now that would prove your point.

Im not downing MC. I think they win this game. But this is the hounds best chance to prove their worth. WR and EPC have proved their metal. Time for the hounds to do the same.

MC in a close one.

breezy

The key to winning this game will be who can run the ball the "BEST". The MC D will bring to much pressure for the Salem qb to be able to throw. These same guys couldn't stop Best last year and will probably be the same way again. 7-16 for 62 yds passing against CR and I know the MC D will bring more pressure than CR did.

Nemesis

Salem only because McJags were duped into taking dramamine for motion sickness on that journey through the hills. 

No dramamine and McJags pull off a mild upset.

rattler33

Salem came to magazine last year in the playoff and play a very phyiscal football game hard harder than any team we played all year. This should be a good game i like greyhounds by 7.

mcnewfamily

rattler the confrence has shaped up and have four really hard noised football teams this year.mccrory, walnut ridge,epc and salam.

Bearden_Bear72

Im going with Salem in a gritty game.  Both teams can play ball but, McCrory just went thru a tough game with EPC and it might have took some wind out of their sail.  Salem 28  McCrory 14

Catattack82

IMO dis is for 3rd and 4th place. Salem ain't beating EPC or WR.  MC don't got have pass game therefore it comes down to Best. He ran like wild last yr, but hounds be waiting for him dis time.  I say hounds by 12 at home

Bearden_Bear72

Trust me just because a team does not have a passing game does not mean its over by any means.  I seen Junction City, Rison, and Bearden play too many times to think that.  I know your post was not saying that but just thought I throw that out there.  Does Salem run more of a passing or running attack?  Whats their fav formation to be in?

Catattack82

From what I hear dey run more than anything.  Pass some but not much.  Don't know much more than that.  I'm sure grey can shed light on formations.  I agree w you about pass.  But neither team has shown they can pass.  And I know for a fact Best will be the fastest kid on the field.  Salem doesn't have the speed needed to Simply run the ball.  Salem dong same thing did last yr.  gonna beat a bunch no body's and then loose at least 2 in a row.  And if Best runs wild then all bets are off.

Greyhound#1

Salem likes the running game but they can air it out I will promise you that.  They are deep at RB lead by JJ grey and Augustus freeman.   Salem new head coach is very unpredictable.  Look if Mc, Wr or epc are assuming this is the same team or weaker team then last year then they about to get a awakening.  The new style of play calling is more aggressive and this team bought into his way.  Salem don't miss tackles this year.  They hit Hard, really hard.  We're really healthy this year.  I think this year team is ready to prove themselves. 

ISU7

I just love how Catattack82 says Salem cant pass  or they are slow running. The Ridge suppose to be able to do both well, but yet and still Epc stop them at the goal line twice!!!!!!! So I guess it comes down to how you use what you got.

Catattack82

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 08, 2012, 01:38:47 am
Salem likes the running game but they can air it out I will promise you that.  They are deep at RB lead by JJ grey and Augustus freeman.   Salem new head coach is very unpredictable.  Look if Mc, Wr or epc are assuming this is the same team or weaker team then last year then they about to get a awakening.  The new style of play calling is more aggressive and this team bought into his way.  Salem don't miss tackles this year.  They hit Hard, really hard.  We're really healthy this year.  I think this year team is ready to prove themselves.
We half way thru da season and Salem hasn't aired it out yet.  It's not like they saving it for a rainy day.  Anyone can air it out.  How many pass attempts hounds have dis year?  Salem was healthy last year at the ridge.  WR was not.  I wish Salem well but IMO they playing for 3 rd or 4th.

Catattack82

Quote from: ISU7 on October 08, 2012, 02:09:24 am
I just love how Catattack82 says Salem cant pass  or they are slow running. The Ridge suppose to be able to do both well, but yet and still Epc stop them at the goal line twice!!!!!!! So I guess it comes down to how you use what you got.
Isu have dey shown dey can pass? Does dey hav any reel speed?  If ya look bk I said all seasun that WR slow and don't got much sped neither.

BigLion10

playmaker04

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Catattack82 on October 08, 2012, 07:10:30 am
Isu have dey shown dey can pass? Does dey hav any reel speed?  If ya look bk I said all seasun that WR slow and don't got much sped neither.

Do your research before stating things you know nothing about.    How this my freind.....  40-81 537 YDS  7 TD's in the air this year.   The fact is you haven't watched Salem even after I have posted every game for everyone to watch.  Go watch the games then make a statement with some facts behind it.  That don't look like a team that can't throw.   

Greyhound#1

Good Tackling fixes the speed disadvantage.  We are way better at tackling.  Our line is quicker.  Were getting in back field alot faster which will help us against Best.  I not saying he won't get 200 yds on us but I'm saying he not gonna be breaking them for a TD everytime he gets the ball.  Our game plan will be alot better then last year.    I'm watching the weather really close.  It was 40% chance of rain yesterday now they dropped it down to 20%. 

Catattack82

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 08, 2012, 12:07:35 pm

Do your research before stating things you know nothing about.    How this my freind.....  40-81 537 YDS  7 TD's in the air this year.   The fact is you haven't watched Salem even after I have posted every game for everyone to watch.  Go watch the games then make a statement with some facts behind it.  That don't look like a team that can't throw.   
Well me spellin aint no good but my math aint so bad.  But 537 yards over 6 games is approx 89.5 yards per game.  my frien dat aint airing it out.  not sayin they cant pass but if dey can dey aint showin it.  I guess dey savin for when dey needz it.

Catattack82

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 08, 2012, 12:20:48 pm
Good Tackling fixes the speed disadvantage.  We are way better at tackling.  Our line is quicker.  Were getting in back field alot faster which will help us against Best.  I not saying he won't get 200 yds on us but I'm saying he not gonna be breaking them for a TD everytime he gets the ball.  Our game plan will be alot better then last year.    I'm watching the weather really close.  It was 40% chance of rain yesterday now they dropped it down to 20%.
yes sir good takling fizes lots of thangs, but here you problem and most everyone that plays a fast team.  you aint praticing aganist the type of speed u will see in a live game.  good tackling on a slow team is expected, but take same guys and have em takle 4.4 or even 4.5 speed.  rest assured when u see epc you wont be talking about good takling.

Logans Mom

I hope the chance of rain drops to 0% by Friday.  I am so tired of wet bleachers and fields on Friday night. ::) Ready for a great game!

WMSbound

Catattack is a clown, he needs to post way, way less. Maybe so less he doesn't post at all, that would be pretty nice.

godgiven999

Quote from: Catattack82 on October 08, 2012, 12:32:52 pm
yes sir good takling fizes lots of thangs, but here you problem and most everyone that plays a fast team.  you aint praticing aganist the type of speed u will see in a live game.  good tackling on a slow team is expected, but take same guys and have em takle 4.4 or even 4.5 speed.  rest assured when u see epc you wont be talking about good takling.
or spelling  ;D

bdubyab60

Ill agree with cat82 a little. However his math is off. We are only 5 games complete. So that is 16 att per game with less than 50% completion ratio. 7td's is nice but i wouldnt exactly call it airing it out. Its about as much as EPC throws it. I would say EPC is a running team. But its more about having that threat, which Salem does have.

With that said the passing might have an affect on this game. You just need to throw it enough to keep someone honest most of the time.

I gave my prediction earlier though Ill still ride with the Jags.

Liberty

I want to apologize for catattack as he is not a true representation of the Ridge. He can't spell or type worth a darn and spews out his mouth before his brain catches up 5 min later. But to tell the truth I believe he is a different inner personality of another poster. So I am sorry for his behavior.

mcnewfamily

good mc can't catch a break. any word on drew?

brown2010

houndfan4610

in 6 games salem has 1710 rushing & 537 passing yards --i've been at the games and the play callin has definately changed since last year--they have alot of different options this year...good luck Hounds you got a rough road ahead

bdubyab60

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 08, 2012, 07:44:35 pm

Ill agree with cat82 a little. However his math is off. We are only 5 games complete. So that is 16 att per game with less than 50% completion ratio. 7td's is nice but i wouldnt exactly call it airing it out. Its about as much as EPC throws it. I would say EPC is a running team. But its more about having that threat, which Salem does have.

With that said the passing might have an affect on this game. You just need to throw it enough to keep someone honest most of the time.

I gave my prediction earlier though Ill still ride with the Jags.
Hah sorry my math is off. LOL forgot last weeks games. Around 13 att per game. i need some sleep.

breezy

last week Salem was 7-16 for 63 yds.  and 310 yds rushing against a very tough ceder ridge.

houndfan4610

breezy i sense a little sarcasm in that one....lol

breezy

Salem basically has 2 weapons with the pass, #5 and big TE #61 cover them and it will bring the passing to a halt. Also Ceder ridge sacked the QB 5 times for a -42 yds. What will MC d-line do????????

houndfan4610

yeah the new O-line still has some work to do on thier pass blockin--the TE is #81 & yes they go to him alot

breezy

my bad on the # kinda hard to see.

Footballworld

Salem's QB can make the passes, fear not. All the teams have something they need to work on. One person does not make the "best" team. Key word TEAM and Salem is working as a team this year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: houndfan4610 on October 08, 2012, 09:29:58 pm
yeah the new O-line still has some work to do on thier pass blockin--the TE is #81 & yes they go to him alot
Same TE as last year

houndfan4610

yes they are--they've got some WR's with good hands #10 #82 #2 #5--you put 8 in the box to stop the run and they will spread it around---yes bdubyab60 same TE...

bdubyab60

He had a couple big plays against EPC last year. I dont know how MC covers R's. But I think WR got a few yards on them passing. But WR is a really good passing team when they gotta be. I thought EPC did a good job of covering their receivers but WR receivers made some great catchs. Im talking like pro catches.

I think if Salem wins it will be because of the pass game. Not so much the amount of passes but completeing a higher number than the stats you guys have posted. But if the rain comes that will make it a little tougher on the pass games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas