• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is your post to gripe about the outcome of the 4A Championship Game.

Started by JACK D BACK 27, December 10, 2006, 12:26:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

should they repeat the game?

Yes
No

softyball

Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 03:33:34 am
Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 03:27:42 am
Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 03:17:57 am
Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 03:15:18 am
Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 10, 2006, 02:56:36 am
Who's to say it won't be reversed.  Enough people talk, someone will listen. 

I can promise you one thing--this is not a matter that's just going to be brushed under the rug.  The ripple effects of what happened tonight will be around Arkansas high school football for a l-o-n-g time.

--Kyle

Shows what you really know.  About the only thing I can see "rippling" out of this whole deal, is that the AAA might decide that replays have no business being in high school football in the first place, and therefore would no longer be shown during any Arkansas high school game(championship or otherwise).   

I think if the technology is available in a game of that magnitude that replay should be allowed.  Hopefully that will be what comes out of this.

Even if they did decide to start utilizing instant replay for making on the field calls(which will NOT happen),  how in the world, do you really see it affecting tonights game?

Uh...I don't know, there happens to be some kind of controversial 2-point conversion call that decided the game.  I mean, it affected the game a little bit.  Where the heck have you been?  What's the only call that about 5 threads have been started about?  Replay would have either confirmed the call on the field or been overturn.  We really needed it tonight.

So,.........................when is Warren going to hand over that Championship trophy to Booneville.  I have heard quite a few people talking about how Booneville got "screwed" in that one.  All they would need is a good video,  right?  Or has the statute of limitations ran out on that game? 

dc24

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 03:42:32 am
Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 03:33:34 am
Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 03:27:42 am
Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 03:17:57 am
Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 03:15:18 am
Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 10, 2006, 02:56:36 am
Who's to say it won't be reversed.  Enough people talk, someone will listen. 

I can promise you one thing--this is not a matter that's just going to be brushed under the rug.  The ripple effects of what happened tonight will be around Arkansas high school football for a l-o-n-g time.

--Kyle

Shows what you really know.  About the only thing I can see "rippling" out of this whole deal, is that the AAA might decide that replays have no business being in high school football in the first place, and therefore would no longer be shown during any Arkansas high school game(championship or otherwise).  

I think if the technology is available in a game of that magnitude that replay should be allowed.  Hopefully that will be what comes out of this.

Even if they did decide to start utilizing instant replay for making on the field calls(which will NOT happen),  how in the world, do you really see it affecting tonights game?

Uh...I don't know, there happens to be some kind of controversial 2-point conversion call that decided the game.  I mean, it affected the game a little bit.  Where the heck have you been?  What's the only call that about 5 threads have been started about?  Replay would have either confirmed the call on the field or been overturn.  We really needed it tonight.

So,.........................when is Warren going to hand over that Championship trophy to Booneville.  I have heard quite a few people talking about how Booneville got "screwed" in that one.  All they would need is a good video,  right?  Or has the statute of limitations ran out on that game? 

I honestly don't know what those people are talking about.  That was clearly a fumble we ran back, but to be perfectly honest, I want the right call to be made.  If replay would've been available, I would have wanted to use it.  There's no harm in looking at a play again, like tonight's play or the Booneville play, just to make sure.  The kids deserve it.

Maximus20092

As a person that is from Monticello (a team that happens) to not like Warren all that much i must say that Warren did in fact get screwed. I'm sorry the way it turned out you should be the real winners and yes i said should so dont got quoting me and saying "yeah should but aren't! ;D" or something stupid like that i hope the refs were fired and i hope the scrappers feel really good about those rings on their fingers that shouldn't be there.

Maximus20092

you sir are a person who knows how to deal with a tense situation and should be a crisis negotiator. I believe that every thing deserves a second look.

tainted gold

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on December 10, 2006, 01:20:18 am
To all the whiners saying they got cheated... I was there... only reason we (Nashville) fell silent on that 2 pt. conversion was to see the replay as to where it was good or not, because going by the way it looked... it was too close to call... with my mom standing right beside me... we looked up at the jumbotron right as the Warren player supposedly crossed the plain, it was a 1/2 yard short with the players knee touching the turf before he crossed the plain.. on another note... the ball popped out and Nashville recovered it...

but to the loyal fans of both Nashville and Warren, my god it was loud at WMS... and im freaking hoarse... Congrats to my Scrappers but also, congrats on Warren for giving us our first real test of the season...   may we meet again

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

Typical Nashville fan!!! "You are a loser and you are a whiner if you dont agree"

I was there also. I saw the jumbotron too. I saw the ball go across the goal line BEFORE his knee hit the ground.

Granted it happens daily in every sport and without replay rules in place the officials call is what stands but to say "Quit whinning and get over it" shows the attitude that is typical for Nashville.

Somewhere out there there is video. Lets see it!!!

You have your gold but it is tainted.

tradition

Quote from: tainted gold on December 10, 2006, 07:59:07 am
Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on December 10, 2006, 01:20:18 am
To all the whiners saying they got cheated... I was there... only reason we (Nashville) fell silent on that 2 pt. conversion was to see the replay as to where it was good or not, because going by the way it looked... it was too close to call... with my mom standing right beside me... we looked up at the jumbotron right as the Warren player supposedly crossed the plain, it was a 1/2 yard short with the players knee touching the turf before he crossed the plain.. on another note... the ball popped out and Nashville recovered it...

but to the loyal fans of both Nashville and Warren, my god it was loud at WMS... and im freaking hoarse... Congrats to my Scrappers but also, congrats on Warren for giving us our first real test of the season...   may we meet again

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

Typical Nashville fan!!! "You are a loser and you are a whiner if you dont agree"

I was there also. I saw the jumbotron too. I saw the ball go across the goal line BEFORE his knee hit the ground.

Granted it happens daily in every sport and without replay rules in place the officials call is what stands but to say "Quit whinning and get over it" shows the attitude that is typical for Nashville.

Somewhere out there there is video. Lets see it!!!

You have your gold but it is tainted.

You know, of all the people that were there, including thousands of fans and the refs, you were the only one that saw the knees...or at least the only one on this board to claim it.

scrapper76njhs

holy crap!how can you say this! AJ got facemasked every other play! and they only gave him 5 yards.....shoulda been 15...i expected yall to go home and tit about it...good game though...

archaic

I understand that everyone is upset. This is a terrible situation. No game, not to mention a State Title game should come down to this. I feel extremely bad for Warren and Nashville. Yes, J. Wright got into the endzone, and no, his knee was not down. Many fans have posted that his knee was not able to be seen on the replay. Ok, his knee was just out of the picture. However, judging by the vertical alignmet of his waist and upper thigh, his knee couldn't have possibly touched the ground when the ball crossed the goaline. It is physically impossible. There were also several other players underneath him anyway. This argument makes no difference. Honestly, I feel almost as bad for the Nashville kids as I do for the Warren kids. They, looked up and saw the replay, just like everyone else.They know. I watched a great game. It's very sad it had to end like it did.

LJ06

December 10, 2006, 09:07:52 am #58 Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:10:31 am by Lumberjack06
hey it happened to our runningbacks and quarterback as well junior high scrapper

dhslizards

The official didn't make the call when it happened. He ran in after the play was uver, looked down onto the ground and called it no good from where #6 was at that time. His call had nothing to do with his knee being down before he crossed the line.

archaic

Quote from: dhslizards on December 10, 2006, 09:12:57 am
The official didn't make the call when it happened. He ran in after the play was uver, looked down onto the ground and called it no good from where #6 was at that time. His call had nothing to do with his knee being down before he crossed the line.

Ok..............what is your point?

archaic

Quote from: scrapper76njhs on December 10, 2006, 08:58:42 am
holy crap!how can you say this! AJ got facemasked every other play! and they only gave him 5 yards.....shoulda been 15...i expected yall to go home and tit about it...good game though...

Two questions: Where were you sitting and did you have binoculars? Warren was tackling high most of the night. That was one of our problems. However, a high tackle doesn't constitute a facemask.

tradition

Go to google.com and search for ktbs 3.  you can then watch the reel on the website.  Looks to me like someone was down

A JETS MI MONK

What is with those eyebrows?  They were freaking me out!

BringbckSingletary

knee was not down, and that's not the best view, a better one will be posted shortly

#1 STUNNA

cant tell, i thought he was in

Always Friday

I go to the link and shows the windows media player but won't run video. ARGH!!!
Why?

King Julius

The ball even hit the ground and started coming out before the goal line.

FootballGuy43

what is the entire link....I tried looking for it and could not see it.

BringbckSingletary

He was in, the ball was 2 feet over the line.

The Grudge

He was not in by that video good call by the refs

scrapper76njhs

watch the highlights under championship friday...quality aint great...but it shows the ball and he put the ball over when he was on the groundhttp://www.ktbs.com/news/sportslocal/4875641.html

archaic

Quote from: tradition on December 10, 2006, 11:02:06 am
Go to google.com and search for ktbs 3.  you can then watch the reel on the website.  Looks to me like someone was down

Looks to you huh. Well, it's funny no one else in the state besides you saw that. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. I've heard of people lying about something until they believe it, but dang.

BringbckSingletary

No he didn't, the quality is terrible, and the ball was over the line one foot before the knee

archaic

Quote from: The Grudge on December 10, 2006, 11:18:21 am
He was not in by that video good call by the refs

Guys, I'm starting to worry about you. I know people like to pull for their team, but come on.

tradition

Wow, that's why I'm not the only one who thinks he wasn't in.

Romeo

Quote from: The Arkansas Kid on December 10, 2006, 11:15:52 am
The ball even hit the ground and started coming out before the goal line.

The ground cannot cause a fumble. After reviewing the play 100 times in the last 20 minutes i have no doubt warren won the ballgame. Unfortunately there's no slow motion but Jarius Wright definitely broke the plane before his knees were even down. There shouldn't any question whether he was down or not.

archaic

I'm ashamed to be a fan of the game of football. Yall make us look like morons. There must truly be some biased opinions. I wish some fans could just admit he was in.

FootballGuy43

which link was it...I am not seeing it.

A JETS MI MONK

After viewing the pics (thanks for sending those) and the video I think that he might have gotten in.  I'm not sure, but I will say nice tackle by whomever stopped him.  That guy has got to feel great right now.  You saved Nashville.

tradition

Always Friday

go to KTBS.com and click on the tab with sports on the right. And it will be on the top of that page.  ;D

A JETS MI MONK

Quote from: Scrapper Pride on December 10, 2006, 11:27:25 am
go to KTBS.com and click on the tab with sports on the right. And it will be on the top of that page.  ;D

And try not to look at the newscaster.  The guy has two caterpillars on his face.

cowboy391

you know i don't have a dog in the fight but i have seen warren loose at other sports and they always want to blame someone other than theirselves when they loose... i don't care wheather he was over or down.. but i saw three different news cameras and they all look like he was down gheez can we stop whining about all this and start discussing something else

Always Friday

Quote from: cowboy391 on December 10, 2006, 11:34:52 am
you know i don't have a dog in the fight but i have seen warren loose at other sports and they always want to blame someone other than theirselves when they loose... i don't care wheather he was over or down.. but i saw three different news cameras and they all look like he was down gheez can we stop whining about all this and start discussing something else

Well...not much to talk about...other than:
Whats your preseason rankings for the 2007 season??

Go Scraps  ;)

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Warren fans were doing what any fan base that just saw their team get absolutely jobbed would do.  We also were chanting "We're #1", because we know that our team is #1. 

The respect level may be dropping for Warren, but it's already hit rock bottom for Nashville.  Ya'll know you lost and still can't admit it--even with video proof in front of you. 

Once again, I say, enjoy the trophy, rings, etc.  the rest of the state will remember its:

Nashville 2006 4A State Champions**

--Kyle

bowflex89

Warren doesn't blame nashville they weren't the blind refs calling the ball game! We would have took the win just like nashville but when the ball crosses the plane a foot and a half well...... SCORE!!!!

Jack1990

Gas to drive to Little Rock to watch the 2006 AAAA Championship game - $12.00
Parking at War Memorial Stadium - $5.00
Admission to the game for family of 3 - $21.00
Hearing the deafening silence from the Nashville stands when the replay showed the conversion was good - PRICELESS!!

Big Time

Everyone was in Silence because no one knew what the heck!@ was going on. Until the Ref said that Nashville is still your State Champions

Super Scrapper

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 10, 2006, 01:51:25 pm
Hearing the deafening silence from the Nashville stands when the replay showed the conversion was good - PRICELESS!!

The picture did not show that.  It only showed the ball crossing the goal line, it did not show that his knee was down before that and the ref made the "CORRECT" call.  Proof by pictures in other thread....Groan on....SS

Go Scrappers
   ;)

billiemajor #1 (45 Counter Tre)

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 10, 2006, 01:51:25 pm

Gas was closer to $120, lol, but Im from Monticello...Warren is our biggest rival game, Monticello HATES Warren, but even I know yall won.

seark66

Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 10, 2006, 01:58:08 pmThe picture did not show that.  It only showed the ball crossing the goal line, it did not show that his knee was down before that and the ref made the "CORRECT" call.  Proof by pictures in other thread....Groan on....SS

Go Scrappers
   ;)

That other picture on the board shows his knee down, or I assume that is what it was supposed to show...the quality is terrible, but the ball had broken the plane. Which means the two point conversion was good.

seark66

Quote from: Sports_Nutt on December 10, 2006, 01:40:21 pm
Film orno film the game is over and id seen it too on film he was down so stop crying its over ....Yea a million times iver herd that the refs were paid off get real...It was a great game and some one lost and some one won.....Takeit as  a grain of salt game over.

Who said the refs were paid off?

I think they just made a very poor call on a very important play. As far as I know nobody accused them of getting 'paid off'.

Mulerider

Quote from: JACK D BACK 27 on December 10, 2006, 12:26:58 am
HE WAS ACROSS BY AT LEAST TWO FEET AND HE DOVE FROM THE ONE HIS KNEE WAS NEVER CLOSE TO BEING DOWN.  ALSO THE TOUCHDOWN THAT GOT CALLED BACK WHICH THEN IT WOULD OF NEVER WENT TO OVERTIME, THE COACHES ARE STILL TRYING TO SEE WHICH LINEMAN WAS DOWNFIELD.  THE WARREN LINEMAN ARE TAUGHT WHEN BALL IS THROWN GO TO IT ALL FIVE LINEMAN WERE AT THE LINE WHEN THE BALL WAS THROWN.

After seeing the still photo, do you retract your statement about "he was across by at least two feet".  He was down at about the 1.5 yard line and stretching.  Did the ball cross the line before his body was down?  Not likely, the lower half of the body hits before the upper half.  Very close.

Great effort, gutsy call.  Penalties stopped both teams.

JackStar

Quote from: pantherfan56 on December 10, 2006, 12:58:40 am
Quote from: The Judge on December 10, 2006, 12:56:27 am
I was at the game going for Nashville, but on the replay it cleary showed the quarterback break the plain and score. Something will HAVE to be done. Warren SHOULD be AAAA State Champs.
But they're not, GET OVER IT.
You dont know what it's like to win one or lose one so, get out.

dotson

I watched the replay that was linked from KTBS in Shreveport. Here's the link.
http://www.ktbs.com/news/sportslocal/4875641.html

I've watched the thing a dozen times. Using the sorry player that they provide, I've tried to pause and advance by frame. It won't work. Having looked at it a dozen times, I still can't tell you if the runner was down and then the ball crossed, or if the ball crosses and then the runner is down. I suspect the raw footage tells the story, but I can't use the player to accomplish it for me here on my computer.

I will make three observations that will hopefully allay some of the Warren complaints.

First, this play is close. Very close. All the posts on the board, but for a few, made it sound as though the WMS replay was clear and the runner scored. Not according to KTBS's footage. It is gnat's hair close. So get off your high horse. If the covering official got it wrong at all, he didn't miss by much.

Second, the umpire - not the back judge - was the covering official. The play landed at the umpire's feet. On the tape, he clearly steps in and waves no good. No conference between officials was necessary. The mechanics rule of officiating is that if one official has the try no good, then everyone has no good. Nothing wrong with the coverage or with the mechanics.

Third, I've also read some whining posts from Warren concerning fouls. I looked in the paper. 7 fouls against Warren, 7 fouls against Nashville. Hardly lopsided. I've read comments about phantom ineligible linemen downfield. An ineligible downfield does not have to be a lineman in the sense of #55 playing center, guard, or tackle. With Warren's multiple sets and multiple receivers, they run the risk of covering an end on the line of scrimmage, thus making the guy doing the covering the actual end and rendering the intended end ineligible. So counting five lineman on the film during a play where an ineligible receiver foul was assessed could well be insufficient. Not saying for sure that's what happened because I don't know. But that is a definite possibility. So before you get righteously sanctimonious, you better ask the right questions and know the necessary answers.

Finally, to the poster who represents himself as a Warren player that traveled back to the Jacks' multi purpose facility and watched the film: you said the film clearly showed that the runner dove and he did not hit the ground until he broke the plane. The KTBS footage is at ground level. I suspect the team film was taken from the 4th deck of the press box. The KTBS footage was taken from what appears to be the end line towards the west, or Nashville, sideline. It is not clear from that vantage point that the runner dives and crosses before hitting. What is shown is that the runner is hit, he dives, he puts a hand down, and he extends the ball over the goal line. It certainly looks like his leg and hip were on the ground before he extended. But I cannot tell for sure because of the video player and the footage. I will say this for certain - The KTBS angle is true and is far superior to your game footage angle. Since it's at ground level, it will also be better than a team's end zone shot from an elevated position.

Now, as to my vested interests in this thing. I watch 4A football as a parent and as a fan. My team made the playoffs, but has already packed their gear. I watch ARkansas high school football generally as an Arkansas high school football official. Had I been on the field in that umpire's shoes, I cannot sit here and tell you I would have done it any differently. It is just that close on the KTBS tape.

I wish the best for the grieving Warren fans and players. I can only imagine what a bitter pill this must be to swallow. But every game has a winner and a loser. Every championship game has a state champ and a second place finisher. What you do with the experience is the value and the life lesson that football teaches. In the long run, I suspect Warren and the Jacks players will benefit more from this tough loss than Nashville's Scrappers will benefit from the win. That is my hope.

Jack1990

tainted gold

Quote from: scrapper76njhs on December 10, 2006, 08:46:08 am
way to go warren fans just when i figured u couldnt sink any lower...what class...you had no business staying after the game booing the refs &players&coaches...no class what so ever...when they were thinking about turning the play for 6 we were not booing but then you must stay and boo and make yourself look bad on warrens part...i was gonna get on here and say ya know yall played well...but with the sucky additude you have....i bet that runner-up trophy looks pretty nice huh!!??

Translated: I was thinking about having some class myself but I decided to be a typical Nashville fan.

bootsie84

#1 STUNNA

warren tapes the game in the pressbox and on the field

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas