• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Results Are In: Wonderlic Scores for FF Posters

Started by RGP, May 08, 2011, 06:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RGP

Quote from: ricepig on May 19, 2011, 10:56:03 pm
Not at Vandy, Wash U, or Tulane. Also, a 30 doesn't even give you a full ride at Fayetteville, it does at ASU, and you don't even have to write an essay or submit any writings for their's. 
Wash U does NOT require a writing score.

ricepig

Umm, I could have them mixed up with another private school. I know the majority of them wanted either the ACT with writing, or the SAT.

True Believer

Quote from: RGP on May 19, 2011, 11:04:34 pm
Not at Vandy, Wash U, or Tulane. Also, a 30 doesn't even give you a full ride at Fayetteville, it does at ASU, and you don't even have to write an essay or submit any writings for their's. 
Wash U does NOT require a writing score.

This is true. 

Chosen 1

Quote from: Chosen 1 on May 19, 2011, 06:40:09 pm
I took the ACT, no writing, no SAT, nothing and got accepted to schools all over the nation.

I got accepted to Vandy with no writing.

ricepig

Quote from: Chosen 1 on May 20, 2011, 02:55:49 am
Quote from: Chosen 1 on May 19, 2011, 06:40:09 pm
I took the ACT, no writing, no SAT, nothing and got accepted to schools all over the nation.

I got accepted to Vandy with no writing.

Not in 2011, I don't know how long it's been required.

http://admissions.vanderbilt.edu/college-application-process.php

trevster10

Have I bragged about my ACT score too much in the past?

If yes, then I won't do it again here. ;)

ricepig

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Rizzo on May 19, 2011, 09:51:58 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on May 19, 2011, 09:43:13 pm

Chosen good PM, thanks!

Rizzo, you are not a bashful person at all from what I read on FF, haha... But really good fortune on your baseball  and that is a stud score you got on the SAT. Hopefully you are using those smarts in your life right now. My son is going to UCA this fall. He is a good athlete that played football and ran some track but academics hopefully will carry him a good ways.
Never been the bashful type. I may go out and have a jolly good time, but I've always been smart enough to avoid any sticky situations, minus the whole ex girlfriend kind of following me around right now. I'm trying to use the as best I can for the time being.  Planning on getting into aerospace engineering when I finish up aviation school.

I will take, and have an A in a Quantum Mechanics class before my schooling is finished.
Interesting...check your PM's...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on May 19, 2011, 09:38:22 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 19, 2011, 10:36:07 amSo, I'll ask again...Where do you go to school, what is your major and where do you work?

Awwwe, you do like me Venny. If you wanted to meet me, all you had to do was ask!
Don't like you nor dislike you. Just think it is kinda humerous that you think you have one of the highest ACT scores in this forum yet you don't know any of us really. Don't really care to meet you either, just find it kinda offensive that you think nobody save yourself can read or write and comprehend. I just though that with your "pedigree", you could tell all of us losers what it is like at Harvard and what it feels like making a couple million a year...last I heard you went to school at Henderson State and worked as a jailer. Maybe I was misinformed...

Father Guido

Boys, boys, boys, settle down.  I parlayed a 17 on whichever one it was I took, (don't remember for sure).  Only took it once, the morning after getting in at 2:00am after playing a double header on Friday night in Mena, (or maybe it was Waldron).  Max score back then was only about 27.  Any I got into school and after 5 hard years almost got a bachelors degree.  Then all that hard work paid off into a 30 year career in the medical field with licenses in two separate ancillary practices, Respiratory and Sleep Technology.  I guess my point is forget about the tinkling match and just get it over with and do something with your life...then talk to me.   ;D

Texarkana_Piggie

i'm reading decision points by dubya.  does that raise or lower my score?

Rizzo

Quote from: Father Guido on May 20, 2011, 10:02:11 am
Boys, boys, boys, settle down.  I parlayed a 17 on whichever one it was I took, (don't remember for sure).  Only took it once, the morning after getting in at 2:00am after playing a double header on Friday night in Mena, (or maybe it was Waldron).  Max score back then was only about 27.  Any I got into school and after 5 hard years almost got a bachelors degree.  Then all that hard work paid off into a 30 year career in the medical field with licenses in two separate ancillary practices, Respiratory and Sleep Technology.  I guess my point is forget about the tinkling match and just get it over with and do something with your life...then talk to me.   ;D
Sleep Tech, are you one of the people that does the sleep studies?

InYoGrill

Father Guido aka The GODFATHER of Greenwood has spoken- Well done, Sir!!  ;D

Wahls

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 20, 2011, 09:57:55 amI just though that with your "pedigree", you could tell all of us losers what it is like at Harvard and what it feels like making a couple million a year...

Bent out of shape much?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on May 20, 2011, 01:24:27 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 20, 2011, 09:57:55 amI just though that with your "pedigree", you could tell all of us losers what it is like at Harvard and what it feels like making a couple million a year...

Bent out of shape much?
Never, but you seem to be about this...nice deflections by the way...hope you answer questions better in class...

Father Guido

Quote from: Rizzo on May 20, 2011, 10:21:12 am

Yep...for the last nine years.

Rizzo

Quote from: Father Guido on May 20, 2011, 03:49:16 pm
Quote from: Rizzo on May 20, 2011, 10:21:12 am

Yep...for the last nine years.
I had to do one of those a few years ago. Miserable time. They made me try to go to sleep at like 9:00, turned off the tv that early during Shark Week. Then, I couldn't sleep on my stomach. It was terrible.

dc24

I made a 27 the first time I took it, then a 26, then a 27 again so I didn't take it again.  One of those times was after prom night and I think it was the first one.  Stayed out all night and still made one of those scores. 

27 got me a full ride to ASU except for one thing, can't remember, but I don't think a 27 gets what I got anymore since they raised the standards. 

Wahls

May 20, 2011, 11:21:27 pm #118 Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:23:25 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 20, 2011, 02:17:57 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on May 20, 2011, 01:24:27 pm

Bent out of shape much?
Never, but you seem to be about this...nice deflections by the way...hope you answer questions better in class...

I'm not deflecting. You answered the questions for me so there was no point in replying.

I go to Harvard. Since I go to Harvard I either have a large scholarship or I'm a rich kid. Either way, I don't have a job, except for my few million dollars in investments. I'm a biochemical engineering major who loves taking long strolls on beach when I'm not wiping myself with $100 dollar bills. What can I say.

RGP

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on May 20, 2011, 11:21:27 pm
I go to Harvard. Since I go to Harvard I either have a large scholarship or I'm a rich kid. Either way, I don't have a job, except for my few million dollars in investments. I'm a biochemical engineering major who loves taking long strolls on beach when I'm not wiping myself with $100 dollar bills. What can I say.
Harvard doesn't have majors, they have concentrations. And they don't have a biochemical engineering major. ;D

Brian G

Might be time to lower some peoples scores for chronic whining and poor attempting at being a smart aleck.

Wahls

Quote from: RGP on May 21, 2011, 10:31:11 am
Harvard doesn't have majors, they have concentrations. And they don't have a biochemical engineering major. ;D

I have millions of dollars. It's a pilot program.

Chosen 1

Quote from: B.G. on May 21, 2011, 12:19:10 pm
Might be time to lower some peoples scores for chronic whining and poor attempting at being a smart aleck.
I got docked for whining in my original score of 1, then this pittyfest happened.

I want a recount!! (Gore)

Eddie Goodson

You seriously need to show this thread to a Psychology professor. It is an interesting study in how people respond to arbitrary values being assigned to their intelligence. You might could even get you some extra credit from one of your profs.

Smithian

I didn't take the SAT and I only made a 27 on the ACT without writing and still was offered a full ride to a great school by the name of UAFS.

Suck it.

Brian G

Quote from: Smithian on May 21, 2011, 08:23:34 pm
I didn't take the SAT and I only made a 27 on the ACT without writing and still was offered a full ride to a great school by the name of UAFS.

Suck it.

Your decision to skip that junior college updated your score to 29.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: B.G. on May 21, 2011, 12:19:10 pm
lol...

trevster10

Suck it.

What's UAFS?

Fort Smith high school before it split?

;)

Smithian

Quote from: trevster10 on May 22, 2011, 11:13:26 pm

Suck it.

What's UAFS?

;)
It's actually an extension of NHS/SHS.

olddog79

Suck it.

What's UAFS?

;)
UAFS = University of Arkansas For Slackers :o

Smithian

Quote from: olddog79 on May 23, 2011, 12:23:10 pm

Suck it.

What's UAFS?

;)

True Believer

Fastdrop's kids go there and they are not slackers.

I guess UA stands for United A    holes.  :)

trevster10

Quote from: olddog79 on May 23, 2011, 12:23:10 pm

Suck it.

What's UAFS?

;)

Much better than my attempt at a crack! Dang, good one..

trevster10

Quote from: True Believer on May 23, 2011, 01:14:26 pm
Fastdrop's kids go there and they are not slackers.

I guess UA stands for United A    holes.  :)

Hey, easy TB. That's where I'm going and I know for a fact that I am not an a    hole. ;)

True Believer

I know.   I was just messing with y'all.  :)

I'm defender of the mad fun of universities here in Arkansas.  :)

Just don't get UA's  grads superior attitude.   But hey!   That's just me.  :)

trevster10

johnharrison

I'm pretty sure Harvard doesn't offer scholarships.

When you have 5000 uber qualified applicants, what would make one worth $40,000 more than the next?  Nothing.  If one turns it down, the next accepts.  Makes it very tough to recruit athletes (so they don't have any! LOL)

HOWEVER, Harvard does offer "need based financial aid" and it can be very generous.

RGP

Quote from: johnharrison on May 25, 2011, 06:00:16 pm

When you have 5000 uber qualified applicants, what would make one worth $40,000 more than the next?  Nothing.  If one turns it down, the next accepts.  Makes it very tough to recruit athletes (so they don't have any! LOL)

HOWEVER, Harvard does offer "need based financial aid" and it can be very generous.
They give out the most financial aid of any college in the country.

Baitshop

A kid from Southside got into Yale in 2006, his aid was $40,000 per year but his parents were still required to kick in approximately, $10,000 per year.....

Chosen 1

A girl I graduated with is studying at Harvard.

True Believer

A student from Marion recently graduated from Harvard.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: RGP on May 25, 2011, 11:33:11 pm
Quote from: johnharrison on May 25, 2011, 06:00:16 pm

They give out the most financial aid of any college in the country.

when we toured the campus several years ago, they said that when you apply, you fill out an application on qualifications and then a sealed financial application.  they look at the qualifications first.  if they accept it, then they look at the sealed financial.  if you can't afford the 28K/semester tuition, they work with you to get it paid for through aid, grants, etc.  like i said, that was about 15 years ago when we were there.

fastdrop

Since this has turned into a my college is better than your college or my act is better than your act or my daddy can beat up your daddy thread.......

My DD is 20 ... I made her travel with me this week as I do lowly sales calls.... I know .. I know.. not quite up there with all the brain surgeans or potential brain sugeans that post on this board... during one of my appointments outside the fine city of Fort Smith she had the pleasure of meeting the President of the company and after he talked with her for about 30 minuits offered her a job starting off at 60 grand a year... and dang it she has attended UAFS and owes nearly nada for ger 2 years of growing up away from home.

Now she has a decision to make..... The USA is full of college educated folks that want to sit on thier butts but everywhere I have traveled the last few months business is looking for folks that will actually work.

sorry to derail the I am better than you thread.... have back at it.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on May 26, 2011, 05:58:55 am
Since this has turned into a my college is better than your college or my act is better than your act or my daddy can beat up your daddy thread.......

My DD is 20 ... I made her travel with me this week as I do lowly sales calls.... I know .. I know.. not quite up there with all the brain surgeans or potential brain sugeans that post on this board... during one of my appointments outside the fine city of Fort Smith she had the pleasure of meeting the President of the company and after he talked with her for about 30 minuits offered her a job starting off at 60 grand a year... and dang it she has attended UAFS and owes nearly nada for ger 2 years of growing up away from home.

Now she has a decision to make..... The USA is full of college educated folks that want to sit on thier butts but everywhere I have traveled the last few months business is looking for folks that will actually work.

But she has to live in Fort Smith????  J/K, sounds great,  that's what we need , more youngsters paying taxes to support us old farts.

fastdrop

LOL .... I just want to get them off my pay roll. They did mention opening a new store in Jonesboro.

ricepig

They had better hurry, we might not have room for any more new stores. The Craighead County Fair Board is selling their 80 acres across from the mall and it's going quick. We've got a Cheddars, Texas Roadhouse, and supposedly a Hooter's coming soon. I'd hate to sell kitchen appliances in Jonesboro, nobody eats at home, haha.

Baitshop

Hooter's is overrated.....at least at my age....

ricepig

Quote from: Baitshop on May 26, 2011, 10:58:46 am
Hooter's is overrated.....at least at my age....

They're nice to look at, the building that is.

RGP

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on May 26, 2011, 05:24:38 am
when we toured the campus several years ago, they said that when you apply, you fill out an application on qualifications and then a sealed financial application.  they look at the qualifications first.  if they accept it, then they look at the sealed financial.  if you can't afford the 28K/semester tuition, they work with you to get it paid for through aid, grants, etc.  like i said, that was about 15 years ago when we were there.
Yeah, it's pretty cool. They call that being "need-blind." To my understanding, all of the Ivy League schools (except Brown) and most other of the top institutions in the U.S. are that way. The schools don't consider any aspect of your financial situation in admitting/denying you.

However, even though they take into consideration the FAFSA, CSS Profile, and other forms, in the end the school itself determines the "need" of the student. So essentially, the FAFSA could say the student should pay $5,000 a year and the school determine that you will (and can) pay $20,000 a year. Regardless, I think Harvard is recognized as the best school for financial aid.

Many of these top tier institutions still hand out some form of scholarship, too... there usually just aren't set criteria for what. We call this merit-based aid, as opposed to need-based aid. For example, my school has 100 University Scholars scholarships for each class in addition to any need-based aid you are awarded. So the merit-based aid is there, but these institutions are primarily about need-based financial aid... and I think that's admirable.

None of you probably care about any of that, though... Unless you've put someone through college or have had to pay for it yourself (In which case, the $ is probably extremely important).

RGP

Quote from: fastdrop on May 26, 2011, 05:58:55 am

You raise some very good points.

I read an article a few weeks back about the decreasing value of certain college educations. The author argued that being in a band or traveling on your own dime for a few years would prove much more "educational" than playing beer pong four nights a week and sitting on the couch in your dorm watching tv the other three days. If you work hard, build/have connections, and improve your character, I think that those things can be much more important than where you went to college or what you scored on a test.

Oh, and congrats on your daughter's job opp.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas