• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Football Hogs in Top 14

Started by bleudog, June 13, 2015, 02:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Rumor is true, JWill out for an extended time with a broken foot/stress fracture.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on August 16, 2015, 02:17:52 pm
Rumor is true, JWill out for an extended time with a broken foot/stress fracture.
Man this is sad news. JW's will be missed badly. Some other guys have to step up.

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on August 16, 2015, 02:35:02 pm
Man this is sad news. JW's will be missed badly. Some other guys have to step up.

Yeah, we were fortunate with injuries last year. Bielema has been kidding about Rawleigh Williams being JWill's shadow all summer long, we're fixing to find out in about 3 weeks.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on August 16, 2015, 02:43:19 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on August 16, 2015, 02:35:02 pm

Yeah, we were fortunate with injuries last year. Bielema has been kidding about Rawleigh Williams being JWill's shadow all summer long, we're fixing to find out in about 3 weeks.
Luckily our line play should make it easy on young backs...

AirWarren

fastdrop

injuries = part of the game

Hate it for the young man

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on August 16, 2015, 05:47:05 pm
injuries = part of the game

Hate it for the young man

No doubt, we were fortunate last year to not have too many.

Proud Buckaroo

Definitely terrible because it's his senior year. I hope he doesn't miss out the whole season..

ricepig

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2015, 06:47:07 pm
Definitely terrible because it's his senior year. I hope he doesn't miss out the whole season..

Well, technically, he could red shirt and come back, but I don't see that.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on August 16, 2015, 06:58:49 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2015, 06:47:07 pm

Well, technically, he could red shirt and come back, but I don't see that.

From the vibe I got they are not going to rush him back either. That's one thing I like about BB.... you can tell he truly cares about his players. I got the vibe BB is mainly concerned about how this will effect J Wills chances at the NFL. BB is a class act not to rush a guy back in for one extra win at the detriment of his NFL career.

bleudog

August 16, 2015, 10:02:04 pm #60 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:31:04 pm by bleudog

AirWarren

Sigh. The curse continues.

Let's see if that other Williams kid can live up to his hype.

Valleysports

If anything - Arkansas ain't living under a curse (maybe there's some historical thing I'm not aware of), the Hogs have been blessed as far as the amount of injuries lately.  Now if Brandon Allen goes down - y'all got problems.  As awesome as JW is, he isn't the only running back.  Collins will go for 1500+ now - which will guarantee this is his last year. I'm thinking more and more about the Hogs Season - several other SEC West teams haven't even settled on a QB.  Brandon Allen was so much better, last year, than the year before - I think he's going to be that much better again, because he's that kind of developing player.  Hog Fan's if y'all are ever going to get silly about Hog Football, this is it!  :D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on August 17, 2015, 06:07:28 pm
If anything - Arkansas ain't living under a curse (maybe there's some historical thing I'm not aware of), the Hogs have been blessed as far as the amount of injuries lately.  Now if Brandon Allen goes down - y'all got problems.  As awesome as JW is, he isn't the only running back.  Collins will go for 1500+ now - which will guarantee this is his last year. I'm thinking more and more about the Hogs Season - several other SEC West teams haven't even settled on a QB.  Brandon Allen was so much better, last year, than the year before - I think he's going to be that much better again, because he's that kind of developing player.  Hog Fan's if y'all are ever going to get silly about Hog Football, this is it!  :D

Now valley...listening to hog fans talk I think Brandon Allen having a good year would make done of them so mad that winning a national title wouldn't cool their anger..

beach bum

Who else is ready to hear this on Saturday afternoons at 2:30....

Valleysports

Quote from: beach bum on August 17, 2015, 06:58:19 pm

Haha - I am so ready!  My cable has been out since Suddenlink wanted to charge me $2 / month, for some box to put under the TV.  I might have to give in.....  :-\

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on August 17, 2015, 07:04:17 pm

Haha - I am so ready!  My cable has been out since Suddenlink wanted to charge me $2 / month, for some box to put under the TV.  I might have to give in.....  :-\

You should really give in... I think you are talking about those new little boxes that are so small they are like the size of an original cell phone. I wasn't a fan of Suddenlink when I was down there but I have heard from NWA folks that Cox is getting off its rocker with its prices.

ricepig

I don't think they can charge that small of amount for anything, I just watch my bill go up every few months for some reason.

beach bum

August 17, 2015, 07:21:34 pm #68 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:23:16 pm by beach bum
Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2015, 07:11:36 pm

I don't think they can charge that small of amount for anything, I just watch my bill go up every few months for some reason.

Bingo,  I can remember after my first year of college in 2007 paying just 31 dollars a month when I first signed up for Cox for channels 2 through 70. I have heard now if you sign up for the same package its in the lower 80's...... geeesh! I have single friends with no roommate and I can't believe they choose to live by themselves and pay for all the junk today solo.

BrianfromCarlisle

I hate that JWill went down, but I'm glad it happened now as opposed to mid season.  I think this allows time to better prepare the other backs for additional work.  And I will agree 100% that BA looks much better. He seems capable of getting it done now. I think he will be in hunt for 1st team all sec

Hootie

IDK why people are so hard on BA. He's not a terrible QB he can make the throws we need him to. He ran an offense with limited creativity and below average receivers the last two years. If Enos has the creativity to get our best players in space the offense will be plenty potent.

BrianfromCarlisle

CBS sports has Arkansas and Florida listed as possible schools that may get Ricky Town from USC.  6-4 198 Pro Style QB. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hootie on August 19, 2015, 03:37:59 pm
IDK why people are so hard on BA. He's not a terrible QB he can make the throws we need him to. He ran an offense with limited creativity and below average receivers the last two years. If Enos has the creativity to get our best players in space the offense will be plenty potent.

Allen catches heat because in crunch time, when he has to go win the game, he messes his pants without fail, every time.

PrivateLesson

I think he's a good kid....and a decent QB....not trying to bash or be mean but when it comes money time.....he comes up short.    I don't know if the pressure gets to him or what it is but its like he's almost a different player in crunch time.  IMO.

Valleysports

It'd be nice if he had SEC Receivers to throw too.  Y'all do realize he'll be in the Pro's?  Anyhow he's got the Tony Romo Syndrome.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 19, 2015, 04:19:25 pm
It'd be nice if he had SEC Receivers to throw too.  Y'all do realize he'll be in the Pro's?  Anyhow he's got the Tony Romo Syndrome.

You think he will get drafted? I figure he might get a FAA, but sticking with a team will be tough. I hope he does.

phdefense

August 19, 2015, 04:31:01 pm #76 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:32:40 pm by phdefense
Quote from: Hootie on August 19, 2015, 03:37:59 pm
He is what he is. He does his best I would imagine. Sometimes your best just isn't good enough. He isn't terrible, but I doubt he is going to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with his arm if the case should arise.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on August 19, 2015, 04:23:20 pm

You think he will get drafted? I figure he might get a FAA, but sticking with a team will be tough. I hope he does.

Yep - there will be some Hog Fans scratching their heads, saying "our Brandon Allen?".  If only y'all had a receiver like Manziel had or any other team for that matter - throw it up for grabs.  Allen has to throw it away, because defenders will take it away from Hog Receivers, if it's not a sure thing.  Of course Hog Fans would be mad at him for that. How many interceptions did he have last year?  Scouts are looking at mechanics, they don't expect him to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, like Hog Fans.  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 19, 2015, 05:51:25 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 19, 2015, 04:23:20 pm

Yep - there will be some Hog Fans scratching their heads, saying "our Brandon Allen?".  If only y'all had a receiver like Manziel had or any other team for that matter - throw it up for grabs.  Allen has to throw it away, because defenders will take it away from Hog Receivers, if it's not a sure thing.  Of course Hog Fans would be mad at him for that. How many interceptions did he have last year?  Scouts are looking at mechanics, they don't expect him to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, like Hog Fans.  ;D

I don't have a problem with throwing it away. I'll take 20 TDs and 5 Ints again this year from. I just don't think he has the arm strength for the pros, I hope I'm wrong and he finds a team.

Proud Buckaroo

PrivateLesson

Yes, bleudog posted a link earlier in this thread stating that....and it's been discussed.  Do you not feel confident that we have someone who can hopefully try and take J-Wills place? 

Proud Buckaroo

August 19, 2015, 09:59:41 pm #81 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:14:02 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Thanks for reminding me. I don't have the time of the day to read through an entire thread like you.

Did I say I didn't feel confident? No. I mentioned him being out. We have Kody Walker, and the other Williams kid. (freshmen.) We will see Alex Collins pick more of the load up, and get more than 1,000 yards this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 19, 2015, 09:59:41 pm
Thanks for reminding me. I don't have the time of the day to read through an entire thread like you.

Did I say I didn't feel confident? No. I mentioned him being out. We have Kody Walker, and the other Williams kid. (Redshirt freshmen.) We will see Alex Collins pick more of the load up, and get more than 1,000 yards this year.

Probably closer to 1500 if he can carry the load...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on August 19, 2015, 10:01:31 pm

Did I say I didn't feel confident? No. I mentioned him being out. We have Kody Walker, and the other Williams kid. (Redshirt freshmen.) We will see Alex Collins pick more of the load up, and get more than 1,000 yards this year.

Probably closer to 1500 if he can carry the load...

I agree 100%. He's just going to have to start holding onto the ball a little better than he did last year. I see him getting 1.5k+, and Kody having about 400-500 yards.

WPWells

Quick correction PB. Rawleigh Williams is a true freshman if I'm not mistaken.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 19, 2015, 11:08:23 pm
Quick correction PB. Rawleigh Williams is a true freshman if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct. My mistake.

PrivateLesson

You're Welcome.   Just a friendly suggestion but you might could try reading a little more and posting less when you are on Fearless since your time is limited.....but anyone can still make a mistake, miss a post or make a error.  No one is perfect.  There's no need to be so defensive.   

Proud Buckaroo

I wasn't being defensive. Perhaps you should take your own advice, and not take posts so serious.

Hootie

If Walker can protect the rock we'll be okay in the back field. He's a very physical north/south runner and Coach B loves that.

SUGARTOWN

AirWarren

Lionheart88

nastynice

fbisgreat

Quote from: nastynice on August 21, 2015, 03:58:15 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 21, 2015, 01:55:15 pm
Overloaded, even.
I bet Storey wasn't too happy to hear this!
Yesterday Mike Irwin and Bo M said Peavy would never start at UA.And if this QB Town signed it would be bad news for Storey.

HorseFeathers

Who wants to start a pool on which qb leaves first?

Proud Buckaroo

I think Peavy leaves. He is not the type of QB ARKANSAS uses. He is a more tuck and run type of QB. I think Towns transferring is bad news for storey. He already has college experience. I don't even want to talk about Austin.. I think Peavy leaves after this year.

nastynice

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 21, 2015, 04:36:29 pm
I think Peavy leaves. He is not the type of QB ARKANSAS uses. He is a more tuck and run type of QB. I think Towns transferring is bad news for storey. He already has college experience. I don't even want to talk about Austin.. I think Peavy leaves after this year.
You know Towns did his homework before transferring, he wouldn't have come here without a little inside info.

Proud Buckaroo

I absolutely agree. I don't think a former QB would transfer without having information. Especially with knowing that someone would possibly start/play over you. Peavy will never start at ARKANSAS and I don't think Ty is anywhere near ready for the pressure the SEC gives.

Lionheart88

Now, why won't Peavy ever start?  Seems like I'd heard he looked as good as any of the backups this spring.

nastynice

One thing for sure, is if he's better than Storey, then Arkansas is in good shape for a couple years. Competition is good for everything in life. Especially the QB position.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas