• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EARLY Final Four Predictions

Started by Zebras98, October 21, 2018, 06:21:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 23, 2018, 06:06:38 am
Didn't Osceola beat the crap out of Prescott and didn't Rivercrest beat the crap out of everybody last year except Newport? Didn't Newport knock off the almighty Glenn Rose? They do play football in NE Arkansas believe it or not. The proof is in the pudding as they say.
Chucktown also but I guess they forgot about that

Leo Marvin

Didn't Osceola beat the crap out of Prescott and didn't Rivercrest beat the crap out of everybody last year except Newport? Didn't Newport knock off the almighty Glenn Rose? They do play football in NE Arkansas believe it or not. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Outside of Corning and Manila, Friday nights in the 3-3A are pretty competitive.  I enjoy the competition in this conference.  Some conferences are completely loaded at the top with lots of other schools dreaming of round ball.  *yawn*

snoopy22

I'll put McGehee in the 10th spot.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BuckHead on October 22, 2018, 08:41:38 pm
Smackover team is fast as they come. I've seen every team come through here in the past 20 years and this team is right there with the best of them as far as speed. Smackover has a stable of skilled players also. Also I seen this coach in action too with a group similar to this before he came to Smackover. He knows how to put that talent right where he needs to in my opinion. He has Crockett on this team as well who's brother plays for Missouri that's similar to a back he coached a few years ago (LaMichael James). I'm not saying it's a cake walk for Smackover to get to Little Rock but it's going to be VERY tough to stop this group of kids. Again, just my opinion.
I said bet because the odds are against both your teams making it to the finals. Still a few weeks to get unlucky with weather and injuries but I can't argue with your picks and have only seen the teams Mcgehee has played.

ISU7

;D ;D ;D ;D Get em!!!!! sprained ankle

Waterboy94

AmSycho

snoopy22

Yeah I agree, last year don't have a lot to do with this year in most cases.

ROULETTE

Glen Rose will give Booneville all they want in the 3rd round (that being GR beats CHG or Prescott in the second round). And GR gets the bearcats at home. Don't count out the beavers for a second!

SR30

It's ok Roulette.. we are used to being counted out. It's back to full steam this week.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: ROULETTE on October 23, 2018, 10:59:22 am
Glen Rose will give Booneville all they want in the 3rd round (that being GR beats CHG or Prescott in the second round). And GR gets the bearcats at home. Don't count out the beavers for a second!

I have seen GR play and they won't win their 2nd round game against CHG or Prescott.  Sorry for the bad news.

SR30

Like I said we love to be the underdog. Gr hasn't had a key player for most of the year. He will make his return this week.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: SR30 on October 23, 2018, 11:41:08 am
Like I said we love to be the underdog. Gr hasn't had a key player for most of the year. He will make his return this week.
Saw him play against Danville before he went out if thats the one your talking about?  Wasn't that impressed to be honest.  I don't think they can beat either team with him 100%.

SR30

October 23, 2018, 11:53:17 am #63 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:56:53 am by SR30
Soo u can tell how good a player is by 1 snap? He went out 2nd play of the game.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: SR30 on October 23, 2018, 11:53:17 am
Soo u can tell how good a player is by 1 snap? He went out 2nd play of the game.

Saw film before that and yes I can.  See you 3rd round if you make it!!

Gr3yhounds

Newport and Osceola are pretty gritty. I see either of them giving anyone a good run for their money. Counting them out will be foolish.

SR30

Man you sound like you are from Charleston with those bold words.

Waterboy94

All y'all blabbing. When playoffs roll around, any team can beat anybody.  It's 16,17, and 18 year olds kids we are talking about.

Smackover Fan

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 22, 2018, 10:19:44 pm
I agree Smackover has outstanding speed....speed at every defensive position I would give to Prescott possibly, but Smackover definitely has 4 absolute game breakers.  CHG has 2 big time gamebreakers.....Three good teams for sure out of this conference.  I believe the Osceola Newport winner will be a difficult matchup for Smackover. If they survive that game I feel very strongly they will be in War Memorial.  Prescott will have to survive at Clinton, at home against either Newport Osceola loser or McGehee, and then at Booneville Glen Rose winner, unless CHG upsets one of them.  Some great football in the near future for 3A football.  I am not sure this Smackover team isn't better than the finalist team with Jones and company.  Prescott is very similar to championship team from 2016.  Booneville is still the favorite, and Clinton is right there with Booneville, Glen Rose is very good, and Rison is a wild card.  Osceola and Newport are real contenders.  I'm going to say those 8 are contenders and CHG is number 9 with a chance to move up these next two weeks.

+1

Senior Roger

Can anyone tell me how home field advantage is determined in the quarters and semis

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Senior Roger on October 24, 2018, 08:35:51 am
Can anyone tell me how home field advantage is determined in the quarters and semis
Higher seed get it or if both seeds are the same the team on top gets it

Senior Roger

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 24, 2018, 08:39:04 am
Higher seed get it or if both seeds are the same the team on top gets it
Do you mean the team the is litteraly higher on the bracket if they are both one seeds

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Senior Roger on October 24, 2018, 08:41:32 am
Do you mean the team the is litteraly higher on the bracket if they are both one seeds
Yes.

DogCatcher

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 22, 2018, 04:05:07 pm
Osceola
Harding Academy
Clinton
Newport
Can't happen unless Newport loses to both Piggot and Osceola.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 25, 2018, 09:33:29 pm
Can't happen unless Newport loses to both Piggot and Osceola.
Au contraire. According to fann07's projections after week 8 which assume Osceola beats Newport to get the 1-seed it of the 3 and Newport beats Piggott they would get the 2-seed, Osceola would be in the top half of the upper bracket and Newport in the bottom half of the lower bracket. Clinton and HA are already certain as the 1-and two seeds from the 2, putting them in the top half of the lower bracket and the bottom half of the upper bracket. Assuming they all win to that point Clinton would face Newport and HA would face Osceola in the semis.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: teachers pet on October 21, 2018, 06:57:57 pm
Yeah, because Glen Rose only beat Mayflower 40-14! lol
Did they really or is this a joke? If so, that is impressive!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 26, 2018, 12:45:17 pm
Did they really or is this a joke? If so, that is impressive!
No joke. But the Eagles have began to soar again since then. They will be a formidable opponent in the playoffs.

bootsie84

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on October 23, 2018, 11:37:22 am
It's ok Roulette.. we are used to being counted out. It's back to full steam this week.
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Proud Buckaroo

shiloh forever

hootingowl

Rison, Mcgehee,will be 2 of final 4. Dont know who else will be. Both Rison and Mcgehee have great teams....

hootingowl

Prescott, Rison, Smackover , Mcgehee

hootingowl

Rison vs Mcgehee rematch in State Championship game

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: hootingowl on October 26, 2018, 11:31:49 pm
Rison vs Mcgehee rematch in State Championship game

I like the confidence. 

BearcatPride96

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 21, 2018, 08:27:56 pm
And Booneville doesn't have a weak schedule?? The only challenging games for them this year has been Pottsville and Lamar this Friday. I'll take Booneville losing out in the round of 8 or the final 4

LOL! No, you won't. You want so very badly to believe that will happen, but you know it won't.

1wildcat

Smackover, Rison
Booneville, McGehee

Championship,  Rison, Booneville

imtie

Quote from: 1wildcat on October 27, 2018, 08:36:29 pm
Smackover, Rison
Booneville, McGehee

Championship,  Rison, Booneville

Rison will have to come through Smackover in Smackover to do that. That sir will not be easy

1wildcat

NO doubt, it will be quite the challenge. If Rison doesn't  make it to Little Rock I believe that Smackover will be the one that get's in the way. I look for a really hard fought game that Rison just manages to win by a very small margin.

knownothingboutfallball

Don't count out Clinton they are very good send them for the first time Friday

CoolBreeze

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 27, 2018, 10:07:54 pm
I agree that Clinton has a good team, but pounding Marshall 48-0 doesn't prove much. Even Mountain View mercy ruled them 48-12.

jay nelvin

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 27, 2018, 10:07:54 pm
Just don't see them getting past Prescott in the second round.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: jay nelvin on October 28, 2018, 02:43:28 pm
I think Cinton is discounted because they don't have a strong recent tradition and because they don't get a lot of attention on FF. Also, they play in a weak conference. However, they had nonconference wins over 4A playoff teams Hebe Springs and CAC. The only team they beat by less than three touchdowns was HS, who are a likely 4A 2-seed. The Yellowjackets may be better than you think.

panther07

Quote from: jay nelvin on October 28, 2018, 02:43:28 pm

That is a pretty tough draw for Clinton. But they are so so so big. They're a tough out for sure.

Linebacker

ISU7

Quote from: Waterboy94 on October 23, 2018, 10:52:04 am
Who cares about last year?
You don't cause you didn't win nothing and you wont win it this year either so save your phrase for next season so you wont have to type it again. ;D ;D ;D ;D
GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!

Gr3yhounds

The Osceola vs Newport game will be the deciding factor for a lot of things I'm ready to see how well both teams compete.

sprained ankle

Two teams from the 3-3a in final 4 last year. One team from the 3-3a wins the whole enchilada 2017! 2016 Newport from the 3-3a in the final 4.  Looks like it would be a pretty safe bet to figure they will be another in 2018.

Waterboy94

Quote from: ISU7 on October 29, 2018, 08:40:18 am
You don't cause you didn't win nothing and you wont win it this year either so save your phrase for next season so you wont have to type it again. ;D ;D ;D ;D
GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!

Shoulda-Coulda-Woulda-who gives ah...

JeffSavagIV

I'd love to see Rison @ Smackover in the semis and I think Smackover would come out on top on their way to Little Rock.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas