• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Championship Robinson vs Arkadelphia(Poll)

Started by Brian G, December 01, 2018, 09:19:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think ARK wins and I want ARK to win
49 (40.5%)
I think ARK wins but I want Robinson to win
21 (17.4%)
I think Robinson wins and Robinson win
37 (30.6%)
I think Robinson wins but want ARK
14 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: December 08, 2018, 09:39:16 am

justafan33

RyanLR:

--- Quote from: HeberFan on December 10, 2018, 12:32:30 pm ---Joe T seems to be the classic "frontrunner" team that can neither handle trailing nor adversity?

Kids were visibly shaken and head-down in the second half.

--- End quote ---
Arkadelphia made 10 teams in a row look just as bad.

---  End quote ---

Bauxite was winning against Arkadelphia in the 4th quarter 12-10. But lost 24-12. Not hardly the flop Joe T had. 

justafan33

Arkadelphia is the best coached/discipline team I watch this year.

richboy

Quote from: justafan33 on December 12, 2018, 09:17:32 pm
Arkadelphia is the best coached/discipline team I watch this year.
and they returned more than half the starters next year 😆

justafan33

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: justafan33 on December 13, 2018, 11:36:40 am
Will they return their Coach?

That's a good question. He almost left last year if I recall.

richboy

I'm sure he'll stay after the raise he got last year

RyanLR

Quote from: justafan33 on December 12, 2018, 09:16:25 pm
RyanLR:

--- Quote from: HeberFan on December 10, 2018, 12:32:30 pm ---Joe T seems to be the classic "frontrunner" team that can neither handle trailing nor adversity?

Kids were visibly shaken and head-down in the second half.

--- End quote ---
Arkadelphia made 10 teams in a row look just as bad.

---  End quote ---

Bauxite was winning against Arkadelphia in the 4th quarter 12-10. But lost 24-12. Not hardly the flop Joe T had.
Bauxite has nothing to do with any of what we were talking about but whatever. To my knowledge no team has ever beaten 4 #1 seeds in a single playoffs, started 0-5 and won 10 in a row and back to back rings. It sucks that in both games that Robinson played in the rain this year they lost both. Both games they couldn't throw the ball, which they want to have offensively split 50/50. It sucks for Osceola also that they were a team that likes to throw the ball, and didn't even have a chance to throw against Booneville. It sucks that these players work their butts off all season just to be rewarded with a Championship game with terrible conditions, in an empty stadium.

MDXPHD

Quote from: RyanLR on December 14, 2018, 02:51:26 pm
Bauxite has nothing to do with any of what we were talking about but whatever. To my knowledge no team has ever beaten 4 #1 seeds in a single playoffs, started 0-5 and won 10 in a row and back to back rings. It sucks that in both games that Robinson played in the rain this year they lost both. Both games they couldn't throw the ball, which they want to have offensively split 50/50. It sucks for Osceola also that they were a team that likes to throw the ball, and didn't even have a chance to throw against Booneville. It sucks that these players work their butts off all season just to be rewarded with a Championship game with terrible conditions, in an empty stadium.

:'(

SUGARTOWN

That's why they say defense wins championships. Good defense doesn't depend on the weather.

Oldbadger

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 14, 2018, 02:59:49 pm
:'(
It wasn't the rain that beat Robinson this year, it was Robinson. Since they had beaten the Badgers so convincingly earlier in the year, this Badger team would be no problem the second time around. Even in the  newspaper a player stated, "We'll score at will". Problem was "Will" didn't show up. The Badgers, on the other hand, brought it all. Attitude, determination and the running game. Nothing, not even Robinson, was going to beat them. All they had to do was play the game. The last time I saw that attitude was when the legendary John Outlaw coached the Badgers to their ,and his, second state championship in 1987. He was a master of motivation.

AirWarren

December 14, 2018, 04:05:01 pm #260 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:18:12 pm by AirWarren

Lol. Come on Ryan, what is this garbage? You're a respectable poster and I'm glad to have a joe t guy on here. BUT.

Joe T had immense talent fall in their lap from a team based out of the LRSD. A team that had daddy's determined to have all of them play together at one high school to relive those PH Bucs pee wee domination days. Robinson tried to run the ball but arkadelphia was too good up front. And it wouldn't have mattered rain or shine because arkadelphia had the joe T Qb shook mentally due to being hit multiple times. Then the couple of times the Qb wasn't throwing errant passes, his WR's were dropping balls that hit them right in their belly.

Don't even get me started on the repetitive coaching halftime adjustments. This team on paper should be three time state title holders. But when you start mixing kids from all over town, there is no true cohesion and pride there. Coaching and lack of player mental toughness is what sent Joe T home in 2016, 2017, and 2018.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on December 14, 2018, 04:05:01 pm
Lol. Come on Ryan, what is this garbage? You're a respectable poster and I'm glad to have a joe t guy on here. BUT.

Joe T had immense talent fall in their lap from a team based out of the LRSD. A team that had daddy's determined to have all of them play together at one high school to relive those PH Bucs pee wee domination days. Robinson tried to run the ball but arkadelphia was too good up front. And it wouldn't have mattered rain or shine because arkadelphia had the joe T Qb shook mentally due to being hit multiple times. Then the couple of times the Qb wasn't throwing errant passes, his WR's were dropping balls that hit them right in their belly.

Don't even get me started on the repetitive coaching halftime adjustments. This team on paper should be three time state title holders. But when you start mixing kids from all over town, there is no true cohesion and pride there. Coaching and lack of player mental toughness is what sent Joe T home in 2016, 2017, and 2018.

I must agree with AW

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas