• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs 2014 Season

Started by MSHS FAn, July 27, 2014, 01:13:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the regular season reacord will be and where will we be in the postseason??

12-0
1 (2.6%)
11-1
0 (0%)
10-2
0 (0%)
9-3
0 (0%)
8-4
2 (5.3%)
7-5
5 (13.2%)
6-6
11 (28.9%)
5-7
4 (10.5%)
4-8
9 (23.7%)
3-9
6 (15.8%)
2-10
3 (7.9%)
1-11
0 (0%)
0-12
0 (0%)
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP?
2 (5.3%)
College Football Playoff?
0 (0%)
College Football Championship Game?
0 (0%)
National Champions
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

MSHS FAn

What do you guys think? I think we can be 7-5!!!!

cuckoobird

7AFBFAN

I agree 7-5. Anyone who guesses 2-10 is not connected to reality.

cuckoobird

Now see, i believe the exact opposite. Anyone who thinks 7-5 is living in la la land. I would guess it will be closer to a 4 win season but if we were playing the price is right, i win.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 28, 2014, 03:37:24 pm
Now see, i believe the exact opposite. Anyone who thinks 7-5 is living in la la land. I would guess it will be closer to a 4 win season but if we were playing the price is right, i win.

Okay Eeyore.

Uncle Ivan

Eeyore was one suicidal donkey.

Actually most everyone in the Hundred Acre Wood had some kind of mental illness.

The Future

Best case scenario 7-5
Worst case scenario 5-7

I'm picking the middle. 6-6 in Coach B's 2nd year

7AFBFAN

Go back to last year and with one key play in several losses we would have been 6-6. Look at Auburn who played for the national championship. One key play the other way in several of their losses and they finish 6-6. I like to think we picked the right coach and he will improve in year two. 6-6 or 7-5 are very plausible and 2-10 is not. If anyone thinks 2-10 they need to be rooting for the Arkansas States of the world.

cuckoobird

I root for every college in arkansas

7AFBFAN

Good. You don't seem like much of a fan of the Razorbacks. Glad you have a team to call your own.

cuckoobird

Just truthful. If you dont agree with my assesment thats cool. You dont have to read it

7AFBFAN

I understand. I just think a few people are being too harsh. Carry on.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 28, 2014, 07:32:42 pm
Just truthful. If you dont agree with my assesment thats cool. You dont have to read it

Well, unless one puts someone on ignore, it's kind of hard to miss them in a thread. You know, every once in a while you post something intelligent.

Valleysports

July 28, 2014, 07:48:14 pm #13 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:56:57 pm by Valleysports
How about stop being offended by cuckoobirds prediction and post something intelligent of your own.  Who you got?  Nicholls St, BAM (whomever that is), Northern Illinois, Ole Miss, A&M?

Personally I don't think winning 5 is a big hurdle.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 28, 2014, 07:48:14 pm
How about stop being offended by cuckoobirds prediction and post something intelligent of your own.  Who you got?  Nicholls St, BAM (whomever that is), Northern Illinois, Ole Miss, A&M?

Personally I don't think winning 5 is a big hurdle.

You might try reading comprehension, I never said I was offended my cucks prediction. I've also said I thought we'd go 6-6 this year, assuming no QB injuries.

zebradynasty

To be honest predicting this year is harder than last year! Last season once I saw that non-conference game in WM I pretty much knew it was going to be LONG season. For 2014....I guess I need to see them in person again. Unless what was there has gotten a LOT better it could be another long season. I think we will have more wins but man that roster needed some major overhauling. One recruiting class ain't gonna fix it! The 2015 recruiting class is crucial we have to pull out all stops. I don't believe BB is going to win big in the SEC because he can outcoach his opponents. Got to upgrade the talent then we can see how well he can coach. The gap is too wide now for us to truly know if he can compete. 

MSHS FAn

Call me crazy but I say 7-5
With wins over
Nicholls State
@Texas Tech
Northern Illinois
Texas A&M
UAB
@ Mississippi State
Ole Miss

We May have a chance at upsetting LSU and Mizzou! MAYBE and it's a HUGE MAYBE but Maybe Auburn if Marshall is suspended!

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2014, 07:37:07 pm

Well, unless one puts someone on ignore, it's kind of hard to miss them in a thread. You know, every once in a while you post something intelligent.
i think you just gave me way too much credit

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 29, 2014, 06:46:35 am
Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2014, 07:37:07 pm

i think you just gave me way too much credit

You're like me cuckoo, we stumble into one accidentally, blind hog and all, you know.....

Valleysports

Like Twins from another mother!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 30, 2014, 06:59:43 pm
Like Twins from another mother!

I think you make it triplets. I guess you've posted something intelligent, like 5 or 6 years ago.....

Big Fan

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2014, 07:20:52 pm
I guess you've posted something intelligent, like 5 or 6 years ago.....
You are giving him way too much credit.   

Valleysports

What's this got to do with Hog Football?  Unless it's the years of non intelligent talking?  Did you make a prediction Big Fan or are you just following me around?

FD4

Last season I correctly predicted among friends and family that the Hogs would only win 3 games and that if a miracle happened maybe beat Rutgers.  Well they only won 3.  This season they will again only win 3 games unless a miracle happens and they beat Ole Miss.  That's that.  Meanwile, the Red Wolf nation will agian go bowling. Howl Yes!

Valleysports

Nicholls St, BAM, Northern Illinois, Tex Tech, Ole Miss, A&M, Miss State,  maybe an upset over someone else - two great running backs, SEC is down, even more in defense. Hogs are being underestimated.
5 or 6 wins......

FD4

Simply wont happen, There are too many linebackers and defensive ends in the SEC that are as fast or faster than the Hogs RB's.  The only way to win over 500 in the SEC is to spread the field out, make DB's come up making tackles, and forcing LB's into coverage.  You cant line up and run over these guys in the SEC.  Maybe the Sunbelt, but not here.  I stick to my guns, another 3 win season starting with a royal butt whipping by Auburn. 4 if we can beat Ole Miss.

FD4

However, if the powers that be leave Bret alone up there, and he can get the type of player for a power offense, they may be able to break the 500 barrier in a couple years.  But not until then.  That said, in the SEC, its more about Defense than offense anyway.  You have got to stop your opponent, plain and simple.  Something the Hogs have failed at for a decade now.

Valleysports

Quote from: FD4 on August 05, 2014, 12:01:45 pm
Simply wont happen, There are too many linebackers and defensive ends in the SEC that are as fast or faster than the Hogs RB's.  The only way to win over 500 in the SEC is to spread the field out, make DB's come up making tackles, and forcing LB's into coverage.  You cant line up and run over these guys in the SEC.  Maybe the Sunbelt, but not here.  I stick to my guns, another 3 win season starting with a royal butt whipping by Auburn. 4 if we can beat Ole Miss.

Good points - that's why I think Malzahn would've been the right type of fit for the Hog's.  Still I'm guessing there are 5-6 teams on that list who will struggle to stop the Hog's, year older, running game.

bdubyab60

The over/under for the Hogs has been set at 4.5 wins.

Tex29

4-8 (1-7). Possibly 5 wins if the hogs can stop Tech's passing attack, but highly unlikely. Either A&M or MIZZOU will be in the only SEC win.

5Greenjellybeans

This is the same coach that could not surpass john l smiths 4-8 high bar...2 wins...maybe 3.  You can not just load up with running backs and hope for 3 yards. And the best QB is gonna be on the bench because BB has this seniority complex about players...hogs are In BIG trouble

5Greenjellybeans

The powers that be ran off 2 of the best coaches we have EVER had in Petrino and malzhan. A guy from Wisconsin playing big boy ball in the sec isn't going to cut it...

Big Fan

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 05, 2014, 10:08:18 pm
The powers that be ran off 2 of the best coaches we have EVER had in Petrino and malzhan. A guy from Wisconsin playing big boy ball in the sec isn't going to cut it...
Motorcycle and blonde ran Petrino off. 

5Greenjellybeans

Quote from: Big Fan on August 05, 2014, 10:40:54 pm
Explain how that affected his top 5 ranking? And do you seriously think hes the only person at the you of A? 

AirWarren

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 05, 2014, 10:55:46 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on August 05, 2014, 10:40:54 pm
Explain how that affected his top 5 ranking? And do you seriously think hes the only person at the you of A? 

Another Petrino teat bag whine case. Need a tissue you big baby?

5Greenjellybeans

How old are you again? 

HorseFeathers

Um...yeah cause hiring your girlfriend to a job she isn't qualified for isn't completely unethical. The motorcycle accident was just the straw that broke his back...or well got it all uncovered anyway...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: HF on August 05, 2014, 11:41:12 pm
Um...yeah cause hiring your girlfriend to a job she isn't qualified for isn't completely unethical.

It was broken policy, and left them wide open for lawsuits.

Many Petrino apologists seem to forget that.

AT

You should give him more time.

A guy from Michigan State playing big boy ball has cut it pretty well in the SEC (Saban)

ricepig

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 05, 2014, 10:03:40 pm
This is the same coach that could not surpass john l smiths 4-8 high bar...2 wins...maybe 3.  You can not just load up with running backs and hope for 3 yards. And the best QB is gonna be on the bench because BB has this seniority complex about players...hogs are In BIG trouble

Chaney decides the QB pecking order, so, you think Austin or Rafe should play?

mack

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 05, 2014, 10:03:40 pm

Dude,,, give the man at least one more season to see if he can cut it.  He probably knows just a little more about football than you do.

AirWarren

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 05, 2014, 11:31:29 pm
How old are you again? 

And you? Crying about a college football coach as if your opinion is worth a dang?

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2014, 09:14:54 am
Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 05, 2014, 11:31:29 pm
How old are you again? 

And you? Crying about a college football coach as if your opinion is worth a dang?

You mean like moving across the state, oh wait, that was high school.

zebradynasty

Well I think both of those coaches ego or personality makeup had something to do with their demise here. Both had personal ambitions that they believed were bigger than the UA. Gus thought he was ready to be HC and Bobby thought he mess around with girl half his age and not get caught and stop recruiting. Sure we sent them packing but it was THEIR choices that got them!

5Greenjellybeans

Would you guys listen to yourselves...you are all in denial.  If u think for one minute that just because a coach is screwing around that he needs to be fired then you really need a reality check.  You do know that stuff like this is happening all over the....well, world.  You think that bobby was the first coach to mess around at the u of a?  And the whole give him another year thing worked out well Houston didn't it? Let's just hope we can get to 3 wins this year...if we do them I'll retract and say I was wrong but I have a feeling I'm not. And as far as your little comment about going across state...it was mostly work related but we chose GW over a lot of schools because my son is good and deserves a chance to play d1 football. Even though that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation...it had to do with a poll and if anyone says anything other than the hogs go undefeated then that means you're an idiot and deserves to be exiled...

7AFBFAN

If they cheat in any way they don't need to be leading a college football team anywhere. Integrity needs to be valued more than wins. Saying Arkansas will only win 3 this year is ignorant.

mack

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 06, 2014, 12:42:20 pm
Would you guys listen to yourselves...you are all in denial.  If u think for one minute that just because a coach is screwing around that he needs to be fired then you really need a reality check.  You do know that stuff like this is happening all over the....well, world.  You think that bobby was the first coach to mess around at the u of a?  And the whole give him another year thing worked out well Houston didn't it? Let's just hope we can get to 3 wins this year...if we do them I'll retract and say I was wrong but I have a feeling I'm not. And as far as your little comment about going across state...it was mostly work related but we chose GW over a lot of schools because my son is good and deserves a chance to play d1 football. Even though that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation...it had to do with a poll and if anyone says anything other than the hogs go undefeated then that means you're an idiot and deserves to be exiled...

Dude, how many times do you have to hear it on radio, TV or read it in the paper?  The screwing around is not what did him in.  He lied to his boss[that will get you fired] and he placed the UA in a dangerous legal situation by hiring his mistress [another firing offense].  What would you have done?

BTW,,, you will be retracting your words, if you are a man of your word......

ricepig

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 06, 2014, 12:42:20 pm

Who said anything about going undefeated? Something else you've made up in your mind? The comment on moving across the state showed that people make choices that they perceive are the best for them/school/university. The decision makers made the choice that firing Petrino was best for the university, like your move, it was thought out and pro's and con's weighed.

Valleysports

August 06, 2014, 01:05:55 pm #48 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:08:39 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 01:48:22 pm
Nicholls St, BAM, Northern Illinois, Tex Tech, Ole Miss, A&M, Miss State,  maybe an upset over someone else - two great running backs, SEC is down, even more in defense. Hogs are being underestimated.
5 or 6 wins......

A QB who's been in the fire now and a year older - could be one of your biggest surprises - was getting legit the last few games. A coach who has a year in the SEC now - year of his own recruiting.  The team isn't going to be worse - they nearly beat an LSU team (who lost 9 NFL Draftees) at the end of the season.  Now I'm hearing Hogs can only beat Nicholls, Birmingham, N Illinois?  How about Tex Tech, A&M, Ole Miss, Missouri?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2014, 01:05:55 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 01:48:22 pm
5 or 6 wins......

A QB who's been in the fire now and a year older - could be one of your biggest surprises - was getting legit the last few games. A coach who has a year in the SEC now - year of his own recruiting.  The team isn't going to be worse - they nearly beat an LSU team (who lost 9 NFL Draftees) at the end of the season.  Now I'm hearing Hogs can only beat Nicholls, Birmingham, N Illinois?  How about Tex Tech, A&M, Ole Miss, Missouri?

He only practiced on Wednesdays after his injury. He would shoot up and practice, but would be too sore to practice on Wed and Thursday. Now, before someone complains, Drs said there would be no more damage done, just what pain he could stand. I do wonder why they didn't push Austin harder to get ready, wasn't my decision.

I think Brandon will be better, hopefully the WRs help him out, and the o-line gives him time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas