• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CF Head Coaching Change

Started by RamFan06, April 17, 2014, 11:46:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RamFan06

April 17, 2014, 11:46:56 am Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:52:38 am by RamFan06
OK. Hate to feed the rumor mill, but this one would be a huge shocker if it is true.

Just heard that Buck James left CF to go to LR Christian High School, as a assistant.

Big Fan

RamFan06

I respect his reason, at least what I was told, but WOW.

Lionheart88

Oh my.  That could herald a massive shift in the balance of power in the South.

Hoghead

Hope Bobcats look to be the Power Brokers of the 5A South !

whippersnapper

Coach Weaver made a homerun hire with this one. Figure a lot of canidates for this job

Dudeness

Can anyone explain why James left Camden to be an assistant coach at LRC? It's hard to grasp!

spongebob

Quote from: Hoghead on April 17, 2014, 11:59:31 am

You win ONE CO-Championship and all of a sudden you call yourself "power brokers"?
Hilarious!

spongebob

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 17, 2014, 11:55:54 am
Oh my.  That could herald a massive shift in the balance of power in the South.

No doubt. Cardinal football back to the old days of 5-5 records.

RamFan06

Quote from: Dudeness on April 17, 2014, 01:06:33 pm
Can anyone explain why James left Camden to be an assistant coach at LRC? It's hard to grasp!

I was told it was a family decision. He wants his kids to attend LRC and I am sure tuition is much lower for faculty. That is not from the horses mouth though.

Big Fan

Quote from: RamFan06 on April 17, 2014, 01:32:45 pm
Quote from: Dudeness on April 17, 2014, 01:06:33 pm

I was told it was a family decision. He wants his kids to attend LRC and I am sure tuition is much lower for faculty. That is not from the horses mouth though.
This would be a benefit of the decision, but not the overwhelming reason.

spongebob

Maybe he's grown tired of having idiots for bosses?

Big Fan

Quote from: spongebob on April 17, 2014, 01:43:23 pm
ding, ding, ding........we have a winner!

Jimbo Morphis

browning_gold_12

Seen it coming for a couple years. That will also put him a couple hours closer to where 56 is in college. Its been a good ride and alot of fun. Congrats to him. Best wishes to Buck Jenninfer and the kids.

Dudeness

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on April 17, 2014, 02:41:58 pm
Seen it coming for a couple years. That will also put him a couple hours closer to where 56 is in college. Its been a good ride and alot of fun. Congrats to him. Best wishes to Buck Jenninfer and the kids.

Congrats on leaving your position as the head coach of one of the premier teams in 5A and becoming the offensive line coach of a 5A team that hasn't made it to the playoffs in four years?! Really?!

xtremewildcat

Bwahahahahahah.

I'm glad this happened. I'm glad he realized the well ran dry and he was gonna get sheninumakied by ED, Hope, etc!!!
Boy, this is good news. I have a suggestion. Why don't you get Butch Grey from Marion. He has head coaching experience here in ED! Hahahaha!!!!Whoooooo!!!

spongebob

Quote from: xtremewildcat on April 17, 2014, 03:57:58 pm

Bwahahahahahah.

I'm glad this happened. I'm glad he realized the well ran dry and he was gonna get sheninumakied by ED, Hope, etc!!!
Boy, this is good news. I have a suggestion. Why don't you get Butch Grey from Marion. He has head coaching experience here in ED! Hahahaha!!!!Whoooooo!!!

He probably left cause he got tired of spanking the Mildcats!
At least you will start 1-0 this year. It's usually 0-1 !

Hoghead

Quote from: spongebob on April 17, 2014, 01:14:01 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on April 17, 2014, 11:59:31 am

You win ONE CO-Championship and all of a sudden you call yourself "power brokers"?
Hilarious!
No, the Co-Champs coach has left. We didnt lose to the Co-Champs.  Its Official, Hope is the power brokers of the 5A South. Free Hatetaid to those who need it !

xtremewildcat

Quote from: spongebob on April 17, 2014, 07:36:28 pm

Bwahahahahahah.

Keep talken. I love to hear the pain in your pathetic voice.

Where you not the clown who said Reed was out the door and here it is your "underachieving" hero bolted to take a pay cut? WOW!

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: RamFan06 on April 17, 2014, 11:46:56 am
OK. Hate to feed the rumor mill, but this one would be a huge shocker if it is true.

Just heard that Buck James left CF to go to LR Christian High School, as a assistant.

Say what?!? Wow huge shocker. Understand if it's for family reasons but still nonetheless hard to fathom leaving as a head coach in a gold mine for an assistant at Christian. On the other hand I can understand wanting out of Camden.

AirWarren

I figure its a mix of admins and family.

xtremewildcat

Hey Sponge, if you are looking for a way to end your heartbreak. I am more than willing to assist you with a good ole Ox Baker heart punch that may put you outcha misery!!!

minerjack

Quote from: xtremewildcat on April 17, 2014, 08:49:25 pm

Bwahahahahahah.

Where you not the clown who said Reed was out the door and here it is your "underachieving" hero bolted to take a pay cut? WOW!
Heard he left for the principal job.

gatecrasher

This has a fishy smell all over it.
CF was in the same category with the Bentonvilles, Greenwoods, El Dorado, and Junction Citys of the world in that they were pretty much state title contenders every year as long as their respective coaches stayed put.

There is more to this than a "family move."

HorseFeathers

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 17, 2014, 09:41:30 pm

Bwahahahahahah.

Robert yates posted on twitter that he left for an assistant job @ Christian and that he has ties to the school..

minerjack

Quote from: HF on April 17, 2014, 09:49:59 pm

Bwahahahahahah.

Robert yates posted on twitter that he left for an assistant job @ Christian and that he has ties to the school..
Right, right.  But I've heard he left for the principal job as well as the assistant job.  Along with him wanting his kids to be in a Christian school.

Temprees

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 17, 2014, 09:54:24 pm
Quote from: HF on April 17, 2014, 09:49:59 pm
Wanting his kid to be in a Christian school has nothing to do with the move.

Bwahahahahahah.

Right, right.  But I've heard he left for the principal job as well as the assistant job.  Along with him wanting his kids to be in a Christian school.

AirWarren

Bwahahahahahah.

Come on man. Buck is a good coach and from what I have heard of him he is a good guy.

Big Fan

Good Lord.....the internet rumor mongers have began to smell blood.....pathetic. 

Uncle Ivan

Strange, strange, strange move.

Hoghead

Buck to LR Christian...Hmmm is it just me. or do I hear envelopes with money being slid up under a door. It's April, CFHS is just coming out of Spring drills and a 10-2 season. They have some good talent left and upcoming Sophmores. All of a sudden the Head Buck bolts for a PRIVATE SCHOOL. Hmmmm ????

AirWarren

Money talks man. And so does advancement of ones profession, not just in the coaching aspect for these guys.

gatecrasher

CF was gonna get sheninumakied by El Do this year anyhow...with or without Buck.

rona

Never met nor know anything about the man of a personal nature. But he is a Football Coach and a Good One! What idiots like this Extreme Guy will never understand is coaches have a professional and a personal life and the Great ones like Coach James never lose sight of their Personal Life. Am sure he wrestled with his love for CF and all that has been a part of he and his Family for a long time, but according to what He has said He placed a higher priority on the personal side of life and made the change for what He considers in the best interest of his Children. I accept that reason, but what I accept is not important at all - What Coach James and his Wife accepts is all that is important! CF will get a Good Coach and Football will be played on Friday Nights this Fall. Maybe someday when his Children have finished their education, we will see Coach Buck James back roaming the sidelines as a Head Coach, but for now he and his wife have chosen to keep Family priorities #1 - no more no less.

AirWarren

You gotta watch extreme, Rona. He is a good guy I bet, but is a huge clown on the politics board! Haha

xtremewildcat

Look Rona. I'm gonna give you a pass because you obviously don't know the history of ole Sponge and ED.
You may think some of my comments are a little insensitive and to the blind eye they are.

That pathetic creature Sponge should be punished for all the things he claimed would happen to us. It's really funny that exactly what happen to y'all is what he predicted would happen to us.

Sorry if some of you good people from CF take it the wrong way as I try to heart punch Sponge into a slow death.

OBTW, I pull for CF when they don't play ED. Buck is a good man who didn't win as many titles as he should have.
He will be just like Scooter Register was here in ED. Loves by many but disappointed he didn't win more.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on April 18, 2014, 01:54:29 am
Buck to LR Christian...Hmmm is it just me. or do I hear envelopes with money being slid up under a door. It's April, CFHS is just coming out of Spring drills and a 10-2 season. They have some good talent left and upcoming Sophmores. All of a sudden the Head Buck bolts for a PRIVATE SCHOOL. Hmmmm ????

Even better is the James quote/slam on Gus Malzahn when he bolted Jonesboro.  Something in the vein of "Money talks.  College coaches do it for money, high school coaches do it for the love of the game".

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: xtremewildcat on April 18, 2014, 08:46:31 am

That pathetic creature Sponge should be punished for all the things he claimed would happen to us.

Punished?  Put the whips and chains away, man.

spongebob

We have no history. Nobody wants to read your worthless thoughts on a thread that has nothing to do with what you are complaining about. I apoligize for getting under your skin so bad that I dominate your thoughts. As for your comments, they carry about the same weight as what I flushed down the toilet earlier this morning. If you want to kill someone.....which is what you said.... Just let me know when and where....

spongebob

xtremewildcat

minerjack

Just heard a few more things down the line today.  No on the principal thing.  Involves admin stuff at CF and a little more money under the table at LR Christian.

Dudeness

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 18, 2014, 03:45:43 pm
Just heard a few more things down the line today.  No on the principal thing.  Involves admin stuff at CF and a little more money under the table at LR Christian.

Does it have to be "under the table"? Are there any rules on how much on assistant coach can be paid or how he must be paid? I'm seriously asking because I don't know.

Big Fan

Quote from: Dudeness on April 18, 2014, 04:13:48 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 18, 2014, 03:45:43 pm

Does it have to be "under the table"? Are there any rules on how much on assistant coach can be paid or how he must be paid? I'm seriously asking because I don't know.
Not at a private school.

wing

Good luck to CBJ. It was a good run. Should/Could we have won a couple more titles? Absolutely! But since his arrival, CF has went toe to toe with Eldo while they dominated 6A and gave arguably the best program in the state all they wanted in their 4 meetings. He left the program better than it was when he arrived so good luck to him.

With that said, I hope this administration takes their time in making this next hire. I hope personal agendas stay out of it and the best man for the job is hired. There should be a few qualified candidates that apply.

xtremewildcat

Hey, Butch Grey is available. ;D

spongebob

Quote from: wing on April 19, 2014, 11:04:53 am

With that said, I hope this administration takes their time in making this next hire. I hope personal agendas stay out of it and the best man for the job is hired. There should be a few qualified candidates that apply.

There lies the potential problem for continuing success

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: xtremewildcat on April 19, 2014, 11:39:15 am
Hey, Butch Grey is available. ;D

Will Scott Reed be applying there as well?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas