• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eli Cranor to Clarksville

Started by hasbeen03, February 26, 2014, 03:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorns

Exactly.   Appears that hired a coach that will bring some excitment with style of play and will be "some" better than Banning years.    Coach Davis was on the hiring committee??  and appears that Clarksville will continue to be a basketball school.

Oldbadger

I'm with you coach.  Arkadelphia had a highly successful coach before Outlaw who set the stage for his career.  Vernon Hutchins was a master motivator and organizer and built the Badgers into a state contender up to the year Outlaw arrived.  So, he didn't start at the low point Cranor will.  I don't think any one on the hiring committee really anticipates a quick turnaround.  I don't know the offense that Clarksville ran before, but if it wasn't the spread, the learning curve just got a little tougher for the team.  Plus, to effectively run the spread, you need a true dual threat QB, which Cranor had at Arkadelphia. I think Longhorns probably is on to the real background of the situation.  So?  Everybody does it.  Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.  We'll see.

helmethair

Quote from: Charlie55 on February 26, 2014, 05:33:09 pm
And you are?
LOL I guess with that response he nailed you are one of those people

helmethair

Quote from: Charlie55 on February 26, 2014, 06:35:55 pm
Yes, Khris is my step-son & I know his resume & abilities.  I'm sure coach Cranor is a nice guy.   Based on what is posted on coach Cranor, he is no way close to qualifications of Khris.   I know all think this is a total biased decision, but it is not.  I've watched Khris coach for years & watched him win a state championship in Nebraska.   He really is a great coach !  I wish Coach Cranor the best.
LOL yep he nailed it! lol

helmethair

Quote from: Romeo on February 26, 2014, 07:19:45 pm
Cranor ran a very high powered offense the last two years at Arkadelphia. Youth and inexperience doesn't always mean a coach won't be successful. I believe Coach Hembree was 25 or 26 when he took the head coaching job at Warren and only had two years experience as an assistant coach.
And he couldnt win a 4a state title with 3 NFL players

Lionheart88

Quote from: Oldbadger on March 03, 2014, 11:49:16 am
I'm with you coach.  Arkadelphia had a highly successful coach before Outlaw who set the stage for his career.  Vernon Hutchins was a master motivator and organizer and built the Badgers into a state contender up to the year Outlaw arrived.  So, he didn't start at the low point Cranor will.  I don't think any one on the hiring committee really anticipates a quick turnaround. I don't know the offense that Clarksville ran before, but if it wasn't the spread, the learning curve just got a little tougher for the team.  Plus, to effectively run the spread, you need a true dual threat QB, which Cranor had at Arkadelphia. I think Longhorns probably is on to the real background of the situation.  So?  Everybody does it.  Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.  We'll see.
I didn't either, so I pulled out this year's Hooten's, and it says Clarksville was running the spread.  Now, I've never seen them play, so that may not be completely accurate, but maybe the transition won't be that bad after all.

Oldbadger

You're right, all they need is a dual threat quarterback.  You can certainly run the spread without one, but if you have one, you are more effective. 

CvillePanther#3

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 03, 2014, 02:33:26 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on March 03, 2014, 11:49:16 am
I'm with you coach.  Arkadelphia had a highly successful coach before Outlaw who set the stage for his career.  Vernon Hutchins was a master motivator and organizer and built the Badgers into a state contender up to the year Outlaw arrived.  So, he didn't start at the low point Cranor will.  I don't think any one on the hiring committee really anticipates a quick turnaround. I don't know the offense that Clarksville ran before, but if it wasn't the spread, the learning curve just got a little tougher for the team.  Plus, to effectively run the spread, you need a true dual threat QB, which Cranor had at Arkadelphia. I think Longhorns probably is on to the real background of the situation.  So?  Everybody does it.  Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.  We'll see.
I didn't either, so I pulled out this year's Hooten's, and it says Clarksville was running the spread.  Now, I've never seen them play, so that may not be completely accurate, but maybe the transition won't be that bad after all.
We ran Pistol, Ace, and Spread.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas