• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks for a great year in 5A Football !

Started by Hoghead, December 16, 2013, 02:12:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

It started out with people talking about dynasty programs and unbeatable teams. After the dust had settled not one team in 5A went undefeated. Batesville played up in classification early in the year and started the season 1-2. From there on out the Pioneers rolled through the 5A East.

PA pushed people around and scored massive points on teams while onside kicking people to sleep to a undefeated regular season. Midnight struck in the playoffs in the form of Morrilton and the 5A was in shock ! Little did we know this storm out of Conway County wasn't finished wrecking dreams.

Camden Fairview was the #1 powerhouse in 5A through 7 games. The defending 5A Champs fought tooth & nail to hold on to their title. Yet on a grand night for football the Cards got their wings clipped in a 17-12 loss at upstart Hope. Hope rolls on to the 5A South Title.

Alma were the Kings of the 5A West. With Greenwood safely tucked away in 6A the Airedales felt royalty seep back into their veins. They beat the Morrilton crew early and stood tall as the Champs of the 5A West. But the Batesville Pioneers came to town on a cold November and left a very Greenwood like taste in their mouths in defeating the Dales.

Morillton quietly moves into the semifinals, Batesville takes out its revenge on Camden Fairview and a Hope comeback falls short against the Devil Dogs.

Morillton seems to be the answer to Batesville's quest on their 3rd try in a row to take the 5A Title back home. Camden Fairview is gone ! Greenwood is gone ! Morillton wasn't going for it ! The Devil Dogs and the Tony Hawkins Band beat the Pioneers and the 5A Title is finally resting in the hands of a champion.

32 Teams at the end of August start with hopes of having a great season. Hats off to the teams, coaches and fans. It was a great year in 5A Football ! Next year should be a wild one. Enjoy it !!!

MDXPHD

Excellent recap HH! It was a fun year to watch unfold the way it did.  Hope and Morrilton surprised the state with their success. 

FD4

Well said HH.  However, next season has already started in Wynne, one of the reasons we were able to take a group of Sophs and JR's and do as well as we did.  No shame in the 21/0 in Hope either.  In fact, after the near come from behind in the Semi's, I place Hope at #3 in my final pole of the season, and that says a lot, yall earned it, that it, is respect.  See ya next season.

Overdahill

Nice recap. I felt for a while that whoever won it this year would really have to earn it. Lots of great contests down the stretch as it should be

Hoghead

+ 1000000000000000000    to all of the above !!!!    ^^^^^^^^

AT

Great recap Hoghead. Good year for Hope and Alma to start making progress back to what they used to be.

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on December 16, 2013, 02:12:16 pm
It started out with people talking about dynasty programs and unbeatable teams. After the dust had settled not one team in 5A went undefeated. Batesville played up in classification early in the year and started the season 1-2. From there on out the Pioneers rolled through the 5A East.

PA pushed people around and scored massive points on teams while onside kicking people to sleep to a undefeated regular season. Midnight struck in the playoffs in the form of Morrilton and the 5A was in shock ! Little did we know this storm out of Conway County wasn't finished wrecking dreams.

Camden Fairview was the #1 powerhouse in 5A through 7 games. The defending 5A Champs fought tooth & nail to hold on to their title. Yet on a grand night for football the Cards got their wings clipped in a 17-12 loss at upstart Hope. Hope rolls on to the 5A South CO-Title. ;D

Alma were the Kings of the 5A West. With Greenwood safely tucked away in 6A the Airedales felt royalty seep back into their veins. They beat the Morrilton crew early and stood tall as the Champs of the 5A West. But the Batesville Pioneers came to town on a cold November and left a very Greenwood like taste in their mouths in defeating the Dales.

Morillton quietly moves into the semifinals, Batesville takes out its revenge on Camden Fairview and a Hope comeback falls short against the Devil Dogs.

Morillton seems to be the answer to Batesville's quest on their 3rd try in a row to take the 5A Title back home. Camden Fairview is gone ! Greenwood is gone ! Morillton wasn't going for it ! The Devil Dogs and the Tony Hawkins Band beat the Pioneers and the 5A Title is finally resting in the hands of a champion.

32 Teams at the end of August start with hopes of having a great season. Hats off to the teams, coaches and fans. It was a great year in 5A Football ! Next year should be a wild one. Enjoy it !!!

I just had to Hoghead!! Can't wait till the birds and cats tangle again.

Great Post! +1

Devil Dog 17

Good post HH, my early pick for the 2014 trophy is Hope!

Absolut

Thank you wing for reminding pig head that Hope and Camden Fairview were Co-Champs lol

Uncle Ivan

There such thing as a jacket patch with "co-champs" written on it? 

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 17, 2013, 12:28:21 am
You bet, CAMDEN FAIRVIEW has some ordered up I'm sure. Hope will be sporting the 5A South Champs Patches on their Jackets ! How are those 5A East 2nd Place rings & jackets coming along in Wynne ???

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoghead on December 17, 2013, 01:19:42 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 17, 2013, 12:28:21 am
You bet, CAMDEN FAIRVIEW has some ordered up I'm sure. Hope will be sporting the 5A South Champs Patches on their Jackets ! How are those 5A East 2nd Place rings & jackets coming along in Wynne ???

Being honest, I can guarantee that both Hope and Camden Fairview will be sporting jackets, shirts, hats, hoodies and whatever else with 2013 5A South CHAMPS on them. No one acknowledges the co-champ term. Just doesn't sound the same I guess. lol

Hoghead

You're proably right.....but Hope will have ths score of the CF game etched in on theirs . 17-12 !!!!

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on December 17, 2013, 08:46:59 am
You're proably right.....but Hope will have ths score of the CF game etched in on theirs . 17-12 !!!!

I've heard there is a vote to have 17-12 as the new speed limit in Hope.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas