• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

These Are My 5A Rankings & They Are Not Political.

Started by 4thandgoal, December 02, 2013, 11:25:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

This may change Saturday b/t Morrilton & Batesville

Morrilton's QB could be the difference!! He's pretty good, but can be stopped as evidenced in the Hope game during the 2nd half.

1.  Morrilton:  Beat the # 1 team (PA) & escaped a super Bobcat defense.
2.  Batesville:  Strong powerhouse who played a good defense (Alma)
3.  Hope:  Super defense who beat the #1 team in 5A (Camden) at the time.
4.  Alma:  Good showing in the playoff against (Batesville).

Wonderdog

im sticking to what i said in the championship thread....3rd times a charm, Batesville doesn't 3-peat as the runner-up. honestly i think that magnificent kicker that the pioneers possess may be the difference maker. he did it against Alma last week and a few times against Camden Fairview the week before. i think he hit 4 against CF? if i am wrong please correct me because i didn't see the game. if Batesville tries to convert on 4th instead of kicking the FG in one of those situations the game may have sent CF to Alma. just an opinion though....

4thandgoal

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 11:31:39 pm
im sticking to what i said in the championship thread....3rd times a charm, Batesville doesn't 3-peat as the runner-up. honestly i think that magnificent kicker that the pioneers possess may be the difference maker. he did it against Alma last week and a few times against Camden Fairview the week before. i think he hit 4 against CF? if i am wrong please correct me because i didn't see the game. if Batesville tries to convert on 4th instead of kicking the FG in one of those situations the game may have sent CF to Alma. just an opinion though....

Batesville played very well against CF. CF hurt themselves a lot, but Batesville had something to do with that.

Wonderdog

Quote from: 4thandgoal on December 02, 2013, 11:39:22 pm

Batesville played very well against CF. CF hurt themselves a lot, but Batesville had something to do with that.
i understand that. do you disagree about the decisions to kick the field goals being a huge difference in the game instead of going for it on a 4th down inside your opponents 30?

wing

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 03, 2013, 12:19:39 am

i understand that. do you disagree about the decisions to kick the field goals being a huge difference in the game instead of going for it on a 4th down inside your opponents 30?

Batesville coaching staff made the right decisions about kicking the FG's. When you have a weapon like that, you use it. He is the reason that CF and Alma are at home this Saturday.

browning_gold_12

Just heard a rumor that Carlos Zendejas Maltos had enrolled at CF.... We got us a kicker boys!!! ;D

wing

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on December 03, 2013, 07:38:01 am
Just heard a rumor that Carlos Zendejas Maltos had enrolled at CF.... We got us a kicker boys!!! ;D

Heard he picked us over Bama. ;D

BillyJack™

4 different rankings dependent on Saturday's outcome.

IF
Batesville wins by more than 2 TDs:
Batesville / Alma / Morriton / Hope
Batesville/Alma game decided in the last minute so if Morrilton does not go score for score then the best 2 teams played the week before.

IF
Batesvile wins by less than 2 TDs:
Batesville / Morriton / Alma / Hope
Both Semi & Final games played tight then the rank fall this way just by win/lose

IF
Morriton wins by less than 2 TDs:
Morriton / Batesville / Alma / Hope
Both Semi & Final games played tight with an Airedale win over Morrilton earlier in the season, then Alma edges Hope for the 3 spot.

IF
Morrilton wins by more than 2 TDs:
Morriton / Hope / Batesville / Alma
If this game gets away from Batesville then Hope should hold the 2nd best team spot considering they had the momentum and seemingly just ran out of time to take the win last Friday.

I laid these out the fairest way I could think of.

CIA

It's all about points per possession in the end.  That game speaks volumes about fg value in hs football.  I think you will see more and more teams really embrace the fg and extra points.  Those that don't stay home in November/December. 

CIA

Quote from: BillyJack™ on December 03, 2013, 08:55:41 am
4 different rankings dependent on Saturday's outcome.

IF
Batesville wins by more than 2 TDs:
Batesville / Alma / Morriton / Hope
Batesville/Alma game decided in the last minute so if Morrilton does not go score for score then the best 2 teams played the week before.

IF
Batesvile wins by less than 2 TDs:
Batesville / Morriton / Alma / Hope
Both Semi & Final games played tight then the rank fall this way just by win/lose

IF
Morriton wins by less than 2 TDs:
Morriton / Batesville / Alma / Hope
Both Semi & Final games played tight with an Airedale win over Morrilton earlier in the season, then Alma edges Hope for the 3 spot.

IF
Morrilton wins by more than 2 TDs:
Morriton / Hope / Batesville / Alma
If this game gets away from Batesville then Hope should hold the 2nd best team spot considering they had the momentum and seemingly just ran out of time to take the win last Friday.

I laid these out the fairest way I could think of.
+1 very good analysis

Hoghead

Isnt this the thread where you're supposed to say the 5A Title game was played in Hope last week or Alma ? LOL !!!  Thank Goodness the "5A was down this year" card hasn't been played yet ! LOL !  It was a good year in 5A actually.

1. Batesville
2. Morrilton
3. Hope
4.Alma
Whoever wins Saturday will be #1. 2,3, & 4 just means you lost to somebody ! 31 teams will be deleted from the Championship. Only one will be crowned the 5A Champ.

BillyJack™

December 03, 2013, 09:48:12 am #13 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:51:57 am by BillyJack™
Quote from: Hoghead on December 03, 2013, 09:29:23 am
Isnt this the thread where you're supposed to say the 5A Title game was played in Hope last week or Alma ? LOL !!!  Thank Goodness the "5A was down this year" card hasn't been played yet ! LOL !  It was a good year in 5A actually.

1. Batesville
2. Morrilton
3. Hope
4.Alma
Whoever wins Saturday will be #1. 2,3, & 4 just means you lost to somebody ! 31 teams will be deleted from the Championship. Only one will be crowned the 5A Champ.
The champ will be obvious, this is more about 2,3 & 4. Only way to objectively place Hope over Alma is for Morrilton to win Saturday in a convincing manner. Short of that, Morrilton beat Hope and Alma beat Morrilton. You have Batesville#1 and by your own ranking Hope falls to 4th. Homer it all you like, but the numbers don't lie.

EDIT. Just for the record, seeing how 3 of the 4 conferences were represented in the semi's I don't believe anyone can justifiably claim the 5A was in a down year. That's generally reserved for when the State Champ is obvious in week 10.

wing

1. Batesville
2. Morrilton
3. Hope
4.Alma

Class 5A and 4A I believe are the strongest and most competitive classes by far. 5A has 6 teams that are very evenly matched.

P.F.G.

Good year for the 5A&4A.

I like billy jacks reasoning for ranking. Not that it matters but you could plug in either tea monte finals and it would be a good game.

WCN

wing

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 03, 2013, 09:53:03 am
Good year for the 5A&4A.

I like billy jacks reasoning for ranking. Not that it matters but you could plug in either tea monte finals and it would be a good game.

I agree. Playing a consolation game would really be the only way and nobody wants to do that. Making it to the semi-finals is something the kids can be proud of.

wing

Quote from: WCN on December 03, 2013, 09:59:38 am
Batesville kicker have any offers?

I think he's just a junior, but he should get several. He's a good one.

Hoghead

Quote from: BillyJack™ on December 03, 2013, 09:48:12 am

1. Batesville
2. Morrilton
3. Hope
4.Alma
The champ will be obvious, this is more about 2,3 & 4. Only way to objectively place Hope over Alma is for Morrilton to win Saturday in a convincing manner. Short of that, Morrilton beat Hope and Alma beat Morrilton. You have Batesville#1 and by your own ranking Hope falls to 4th. Homer it all you like, but the numbers don't lie.

EDIT. Just for the record, seeing how 3 of the 4 conferences were represented in the semi's I don't believe anyone can justifiably claim the 5A was in a down year. That's generally reserved for when the State Champ is obvious in week 10.

Seriuoisly ?    Didn't you see where I said only # 1 counts ?  So is Alma ordering up some #3 rings & jackets ?   LOL  !!! Hope will need that order form for those # 4 jackets !!  If you finish 2,3, & 4....YOU LOST TO SOMEBODY !   # 1 is the only ranking that you want to brag about.

BillyJack™

Quote from: Hoghead on December 03, 2013, 10:15:57 am

1. Batesville
2. Morrilton
3. Hope
4.Alma

Seriuoisly ?    Didn't you see where I said only # 1 counts ?  So is Alma ordering up some #3 rings & jackets ?   LOL  !!! Hope will need that order form for those # 4 jackets !!  If you finish 2,3, & 4....YOU LOST TO SOMEBODY !   # 1 is the only ranking that you want to brag about.
Yes seriously. I saw where you said only the #1 counts, but two things of issue on this thread. 1) The thread is a discussion about rankings, not who's the Champ and 2) You put your list up to join the conversation..... With your argument, why would you do that?

Hoghead

Quote from: BillyJack™ on December 03, 2013, 10:33:32 am

1. Batesville
2. Morrilton
3. Hope
4.Alma

Yes seriously. I saw where you said only the #1 counts, but two things of issue on this thread. 1) The thread is a discussion about rankings, not who's the Champ and 2) You put your list up to join the conversation..... With your argument, why would you do that?
TO STIR THE POT !!!!   LOL !

BillyJack™

Quote from: Hoghead on December 03, 2013, 10:35:42 am
Quote from: BillyJack™ on December 03, 2013, 10:33:32 am

1. Batesville
2. Morrilton
3. Hope
4.Alma

TO STIR THE POT !!!!   LOL !
Ok I can live with that! LOL

MDXPHD

Good year for the 5A&4A.

I think the 4A was very strong this season.  Dollarway would be right up there with the rest in 5A this year.

Wonderdog

Quote from: wing on December 03, 2013, 07:33:15 am

Batesville coaching staff made the right decisions about kicking the FG's. When you have a weapon like that, you use it. He is the reason that CF and Alma are at home this Saturday.
my exact point. not trying to say that it wasn't a team effort, because it certainly was. that weapon however has been the difference maker.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: CIA on December 03, 2013, 09:06:41 am

It's all about points per possession in the end.  That game speaks volumes about fg value in hs football.  I think you will see more and more teams really embrace the fg and extra points.  Those that don't stay home in November/December. 

Sure, but how many high schools have a kicker who can consistently make field goals?

4thandgoal

In a big game like that, I feel that you should take the points. Kick the field goal if you are close.

Wonderdog

Quote from: 4thandgoal on December 03, 2013, 11:40:18 pm

In a big game like that, I feel that you should take the points. Kick the field goal if you are close.
that's my point. Batesville kicker.....difference maker.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on December 03, 2013, 07:38:01 am

Are u serious? If so who is that and where did he come from?

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2013, 01:57:24 pm
Good year for the 5A&4A.

I think the 4A was very strong this season.  Dollarway would be right up there with the rest in 5A this year.

That's want Shiloh Christian thought two years ago.

DEVIL DOG HOG

#1 winner of the Batesville - Morrilton game.

#2 loser of the Batesville - Morrilton game.

#3 tie  Alma and Hope.

Good bye to Alma as they move to class 6a.  You will be missed.

Hoghead

1. Morrilton.....beat #3 Hope & # 2 Batesville
2. Batesville.....lost to #1 Morrilton
3. Hope.....lost to #1 Morrilton
4. Alma .....lost to #2 Batesville. ***Beat Morrilton in 5A East play

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 5A CHAMPS MORRILTON DEVIL DOGS !

DEVIL DOG HOG

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas